How much are tickets to Mika's shows in your part of the world??

Blue Sky

Just curious...living in one of the world's most expensive cities (TOKYO), I expect I am paying more than most of you. Apart from the tickets I won to the MTV awards:blush-anim-cl: , the July show will cost me 12,000 yen (about $120). :shocked: The Fuji Rock festival one day ticket costs 16,000 yen or so (about $160), plus travel to the mountains and accommodation. :thumbdown:

What did you pay for your tickets??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...living in one of the world's most expensive cities (TOKYO), I expect I am paying more than most of you. Apart from the tickets I won to the MTV awards:blush-anim-cl: , the July show will cost me 12,000 yen (about $120). :shocked: The Fuji Rock festival one day ticket costs 16,000 yen or so (about $160), plus travel to the mountains and accommodation. :thumbdown:

The DC show only cost $20 US, plus service fees... came to $24, I think.

Which I didn't think was bad at all...

I'm guessing next time he passes this way, though, it'll be at a bigger

venue, so it will be more $$$

dcdeb

Wow, that's a lot of money :shocked: . I paid 6€ for Berlin, which was good luck at ebay and mirrors the fact that Mika isn't that known in Germany :biggrin2: . I think the British shows cost about 30€ which is ok.

February tour was £8 May was £12.50 and November is £20-something isn't it? With booking fee and stuff I've paid about £28 for the November tour tickets. :blink: I don't mind becuase it's still not loads but... He's getting pricey!

the cost of the ticket for his first gig here in italy was 17€...which are: 22$ or 11£ or 2.778 yen :blink:

it's not too much here! normal price for a gig!

I think it was cheap. all the other gigs I went too costed MUCH more...

WOW That is quite a lot. Lucky me I live in the United States. My first concert to MIKA I only pay $15+ other charges total to $25.The one that I am going on JUNE 15th I pay $25+ other charges total to $35. I feel very lucky because he is such an awesome artist and we are just paying few dollars to see him perform. But I would pay anything to see him:naughty: :naughty:

I think it was cheap. all the other gigs I went too costed MUCH more...

did they? :blink: it can be...i went to see new artists or musician who aren't well known...so maybe that's why! :wink2:

Just as I suspected, fans in Japan are getting ripped off... by the venues etc. Too many middlemen. Mika probably only gets his fixed percentage no matter what they charge.

Maybe it would be cheaper for me to fly to the US and see a show there???:roftl:

Just as I suspected, fans in Japan are getting ripped off... by the venues etc. Too many middlemen. Mika probably only gets his fixed percentage no matter what they charge.

Maybe it would be cheaper for me to fly to the US and see a show there???:roftl:

Hah...probably. For the concert in Chicago, the ticket itself was only $20 but then all the fees made it like $35, I think.

Or here ! My ticket was $44 plus $4.60 fee =$48.60 , which I thought was really reasonable ! My daughter saw Tenacious D in Melbourne & that was $80.

Or here ! My ticket was $44 plus $4.60 fee =$48.60 , which I thought was really reasonable ! My daughter saw Tenacious D in Melbourne & that was $80.

Yes Happikali, ideally it would be there in my home town!! When Mika gets there, I should fly in for the weekend!!

But this is all because I am seriously considering giving Fuji Rock a big miss, when it costs $160 and being a festival, I might not be getting Mika value for my yen. Oh well the other acts might be good, I haven't even looked who they are...still can't decide! It will be too hot, too far, too frustrating fighting to get to the front of 40,000 people (almost none of whom give a flying fig about Mika, unlike me, as we all know, I am Japan's no. 1 Mika fan!!:roftl::naughty: c'mon, fight me for the title someone!!)

Yes Happikali, ideally it would be there in my home town!! When Mika gets there, I should fly in for the weekend!!

But this is all because I am seriously considering giving Fuji Rock a big miss, when it costs $160 and being a festival, I might not be getting Mika value for my yen. Oh well the other acts might be good, I haven't even looked who they are...still can't decide! It will be too hot, too far, too frustrating fighting to get to the front of 40,000 people (almost none of whom give a flying fig about Mika, unlike me, as we all know, I am Japan's no. 1 Mika fan!!:roftl::naughty: c'mon, fight me for the title someone!!)

I must admit .... I wouldn't be very attracted to that festival either! Fly here, Fly here !!!!!!!!!:biggrin2::sneaky2:

• 1 month later...

Tickets for the show in Amsterdam in november were € 29 + and eh... € 4 fee or so.

Somerset House was £ 23.50 + 3, the gig in Birmingham in May was £ 12.50 + 2.12.

Festivals can be quite expensive though. But well, € 125 for a three day festival like Lowlands (including camping and parking) with loads of artists is not that bad. :wink2: