NEW VIDEO! Talk About You

dcdeb

I don't know if the product placement was needed to finance something or if it was just to earn more money and I'm trying to think that it doesn't make any difference and that it's none of my business anyway. If these commercials make it possible to produce more videos it's a good solution for everyone. And if it's just for money... well who am I to judge anyone if they want to earn money. Money is such a personal issue. People who have a lot of it seem to need more of it. It can be for security or there can be pressure to earn it :dunno: 

I like this colorful video and hope it will do good. TAY is not my biggest favorite but I understand the purpose of this kind of songs and I also understand there's a need for hit songs. I just wish there wasn't always this pressure for huge hits. I wish he could feel appreciated and respected whether it's a big scale or smaller scale success. Theater and concert hall size venues fit him well and make it easier to focus on his voice and energy (even bigger stages offer of course better possibilities for big stage settings).

He has done wonderful music lately, imo. My first thought in Montreal was that Heroes and Overrated are MASTER PIECES. Really, how come the whole world is not aware of them. Last Party is a master piece. Not sure if the reaction outside his core fan base has been as huge as the song deserves but I'm hoping it will happen when the album is out. If not, maybe it's just not mainstream enough, it's such a passionate and powerful song. Maybe there's another really successful song. Or maybe he has written many amazing beautiful songs that are hits to a bit smaller group of people who love his unique voice and style. I just can't see anything wrong in either of these options. 

I'm totally in love with this new set with colorful houses and city view... It will look so awesome on stage! 

• Like 7

I don't know if the product placement was needed to finance something or if it was just to earn more money and I'm trying to think that it doesn't make any difference and that it's none of my business anyway.

When Mika tells me, hey go watch my latest music video, I happen to think it is my business when it turns out he's trying to sell me a BMW instead. If he doesn't want to be criticized by his fans for that then he should just make ads for BMW instead of unwillingly foisting it on us in the guise of a music video. I have supported Mika by buying his CDs, videos, concert tickets, as have many millions of other people. And now what I am hearing is - your money is not enough. If you want to be my fan you need to watch my BMW/Swatch/Valentino endorsements too so I can get their money as well. How is it not my place to protest this and in fact actually refuse to participate in it?

I'm totally in love with this new set with colorful houses and city view... It will look so awesome on stage!

I really like it too and am glad he's bringing it on tour.

When Mika tells me, hey go watch my latest music video, I happen to think it is my business when it turns out he's trying to sell me a BMW instead. If he doesn't want to be criticized by his fans for that then he should just make ads for BMW instead of unwillingly foisting it on us in the guise of a music video. I have supported Mika by buying his CDs, videos, concert tickets, as have many millions of other people. And now what I am hearing is - your money is not enough. If you want to be my fan you need to watch my BMW/Swatch/Valentino endorsements too so I can get their money as well. How is it not my place to protest this and in fact actually refuse to participate in it?

I really like it too and am glad he's bringing it on tour.

I understand your point of view, it has actually taken a while for me to accept the commercial aspect. I'm trying to think that the music business has changed a lot lately. It's harder and harder for artists and I'm trying to think that advertising and doing other projects than their own music is one way to handle it :dunno: There has been a lot about the issue on the media lately at least in here Finland (just read an article from a Finnish economic/business magazine) and I think it's somehow similar and very unpredictable for many international artists as well and that they generally have to find new ways to work and collaborate. 

Yeah the new set looks fresh AND Mika style at the same time!  :)

I don't know if the product placement was needed to finance something or if it was just to earn more money and I'm trying to think that it doesn't make any difference and that it's none of my business anyway. If these commercials make it possible to produce more videos it's a good solution for everyone. And if it's just for money... well who am I to judge anyone if they want to earn money. Money is such a personal issue. People who have a lot of it seem to need more of it. It can be for security or there can be pressure to earn it :dunno:

I don't really care if Mika tries to make as much money as possible and I don't judge him for that. As you say money is a personal issue and he will have his reasons to use sponsoring to earn money. I wondered about that reasons though because i'm interested in his motives and way of thinking. You're right, that's actually none of my business but he's a very public figure and he's tells a lot about himself in interviews and shows a lot of his personality in his activities. That makes people interested en curious, at least it made me interested and curious.

He has talked a lot about creativity and about the music industry and about the effects of his sudden fame and stardom on his song writing. He has high standards when he talks about quality, authenticity, originality and sincerity during the coaching sessions in X-factor and the Voice. So that's why i felt okay to guess for his motives for using sponsoring and to question his credibility as an artist.

However, in the end, it's the result that's counting and not the motives behind it. But hey, we have to talk about something, don't we? And i don't think, that we are doing it in a disrespectful way.

I am still disappointed in the TAY song and video and I'm not very impressed by Good guys or Last Party (sorry to say it) as well. They are a bit too sentimental and (over)dramatic to my taste. But that's just my opinion and I am glad that there are many people loving those songs.

To end in a more positive (fanlike) way. I do like Boum boum boum a lot and I like the colourful artwork of the CD and set. And I'm glad Mika took our criticisms seriously and there will be a cartoon car instead of a real shiny sponsored model on stage.

Edited by Pascale

I like this colorful video and hope it will do good. TAY is not my biggest favorite but I understand the purpose of this kind of songs and I also understand there's a need for hit songs. I just wish there wasn't always this pressure for huge hits. I wish he could feel appreciated and respected whether it's a big scale or smaller scale success. Theater and concert hall size venues fit him well and make it easier to focus on his voice and energy (even bigger stages offer of course better possibilities for big stage settings).

He has done wonderful music lately, imo. My first thought in Montreal was that Heroes and Overrated are MASTER PIECES. Really, how come the whole world is not aware of them. Last Party is a master piece. Not sure if the reaction outside his core fan base has been as huge as the song deserves but I'm hoping it will happen when the album is out. If not, maybe it's just not mainstream enough, it's such a passionate and powerful song. Maybe there's another really successful song. Or maybe he has written many amazing beautiful songs that are hits to a bit smaller group of people who love his unique voice and style. I just can't see anything wrong in either of these options. 

I clicked the "like" on your post it's so right. TAY, for me, isn't the best song on this album, but it could be a hit for him and it's way better than Celebrate. I agree about Heroes and Overrated. He also had some excellent songs on TBWKTM, but no one heard them apart from his fans. This is why I would love Mika to be huge worldwide. I do prefer the smaller venues, for my own self, as the big stadiums are not good for me, but I'd still love to know he was filling stadiums. Despite the fact that some of his songs are not so brilliant, when you put them against other songs from other artists, which are top 10 hits, they are still better than most of them. His masterpieces, however are so great, they deserve to be known all over the world.

I'm hoping for the success of the US concerts. I'm sure the scenery from the video will look spectacular as a stage set. 

Yes, Marilyn - I also hope for success for the US concerts! In fact, I think it's of great importance how the audience receive and experience it, and how the reviews will be! It will be a valuable part of the promotion for the album, imo - so I wish MIKA the best of good luck with these shows!! I also hope that Nina, and all the other MFCers going to the shows, will have a lot of fun! Enjoy MIKA and his new set, and each others company - look forward to your reports...:-)

Love,love

me

• Like 1

Yes, Marilyn - I also hope for success for the US concerts! In fact, I think it's of great importance how the audience receive and experience it, and how the reviews will be! It will be a valuable part of the promotion for the album, imo - so I wish MIKA the best of good luck with these shows!! I also hope that Nina, and all the other MFCers going to the shows, will have a lot of fun! Enjoy MIKA and his new set, and each others company - look forward to your reports...:-)

Love,love

me

I'm also thrilled to learn that Popular Song has achieved 100,000,000 hits! This also should generate some much needed publicity for our Mika, in US, and elsewhere!!

I'm also thrilled to learn that Popular Song has achieved 100,000,000 hits! This also should generate some much needed publicity for our Mika, in US, and elsewhere!!

Indeed - this is such a beautiful no.!! Imagine how proud we were when PS video was released - and how great an actor we thought MIKA was here !! Even he's got very good help by Ariana, it's his song, and I'm still so very proud of this amazing video - with such an important message!! :-) A bit out of topic, but I'm also overexcited by the filming, going on in Rome...:-)

Love,love

me

Hi everyone, I love Mika's music for many years but I am brand new member in his fanclub. If you write you dont like the Swatch and BMW in the video I have to agree because its too long and the car seems to je ugly. But I can imagine he needs things like this to keep his management going, if you understand. As he was young he was knew, unknown and it maybe was simple to sell such a beautiful CD as Life. But if you get chance like he got, I think you get a lot of responsibility to the people that actuelly started to love you and to give you theirs money. You need a management and you need to pay it, you may need to pay to keep your security and privacy, if you want to make new record you need to pay it first an then you will sell something, but not so much as in the beginning because there are another new stars. And somebody has to pay the flights around the world, hotels, technics, musicians, studios, all stuff and all staff you need. I didnt want to do it ( and I did my own little business for few years and now i am really happy i dont have to do it, it was one big stress for me - the more you earn, the more you have to pay "back", so you have to earn more and more if you want to grow and keep your customers).

I also think his music is deeper than in the begining when it was funny, but now ther e is something that there wasnt before, although the musical structure is more simple. I think Mika and his personality has grown and become older, and its alright. One person cant think in the same way and do the same things in age 20 as in 30 and I expected this development, because I am similar age as Mika is and I know what I am thinking about and how I am thinking now and its really different as eight or ten years before:-)

And I love the Valentino suits, hes looking gorgeous in it. But I dont need such a clothes because I dont have any occasions in my life when i could wear it - and if somebody else does, its great, isnt it? The elegant but young and colourful style is big inspiration for me.

Edited by Eleenka
  • Like 2

What is it? I can't watch it on my phone

The anchorman of the most famous newscast in Italy (TG1) says, in a kind way, that Ricchi&Poveri's song is better than Mika's one :naughty:

Most "ruspante".... genuine...

in other words... more popular!

• 1 year later...
On 2015/5/5 at 11:28 PM, allegra said:

On 2015/5/6 at 7:35 AM, allegra said:

The anchorman of the most famous newscast in Italy (TG1) says, in a kind way, that Ricchi&Poveri's song is better than Mika's one :naughty:

Most "ruspante".... genuine...

in other words... more popular!

a part of "Talk About You" from Rai.TV TG1 ore 20:00 del 29/04/2015

http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-0741d26e-e71e-4f96-bfb9-d23e52d0e1e4.html

VK 2015.04.29 TG1_ore_20h_Talk About You

Here is a similar article.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-96455.html

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a VK link.

Vidéo 50 mn inside :

L’actu : la folle semaine de Mika

C’est un homme pressé et un artiste sur tous les fronts

: Mika ! Ce soir, la chanteur endossera pour la dernière fois de la saison son rôle de coach dans « The Voice » et assistera peut-être à la victoire de son talent, David Thibault.

Comme Kendji Girac, il y a un an. Une dernière avant son retour en première ligne et la sortie de son nouvel album, le 15 juin prochain qui s’annonce déjà comme un événement.

Des dernières heures de coaching à Paris au tournage de son tout nouveau clip à Londres, nous avons suivi le chanteur dans cette folle semaine…

Au plus près de Mika…

Extrait de l'émission du 25 avril 2015.

VK : uploaded by @Lucrezia

https://vk.com/video251318454_171344902

:uk::france:

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a VK link.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Vidéo 50 mn inside :

L’actu : la folle semaine de Mika

C’est un homme pressé et un artiste sur tous les fronts

: Mika ! Ce soir, la chanteur endossera pour la dernière fois de la saison son rôle de coach dans « The Voice » et assistera peut-être à la victoire de son talent, David Thibault.

Comme Kendji Girac, il y a un an. Une dernière avant son retour en première ligne et la sortie de son nouvel album, le 15 juin prochain qui s’annonce déjà comme un événement.

Des dernières heures de coaching à Paris au tournage de son tout nouveau clip à Londres, nous avons suivi le chanteur dans cette folle semaine…

Au plus près de Mika…

Extrait de l'émission du 25 avril 2015.

VK : uploaded by @Lucrezia

https://vk.com/video251318454_171344902

:uk::france:

HD version

( YouTube video is blocked in France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guadeloupe, Saint Martin )

VK : 2015.04.25 50 mn inside L’actu la folle semaine de Mika

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a VK link.
  • Like 1