Mika Musical

Hi there! I've been a huge fan of Mika from a very early age and his music has done so much to shape me as a person. I'm a musical theatre student and all I think lately is that Mika's music is pretty unique in the way his songs tell stories and would be suited PERFECTLY for a musical! I've only just joined this forum so I don't know how much this topic has been discussed, however I have MANY ideas and am curious to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts
Much love

• Like 2

Actually, I think many of us already had the same idea... :yes: Mika's world is quite like a musical. And I think it's also his dream to make one.

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

Btw, it reminded me on this tweet:

However, I found more similar tweets when I was searching for this... Hopefully it'll happen one day. :fisch: It's really easy to imagine, especially after projects like Casa Mika.

• Like 2

Hello and :welcomeani:

Mika began his career at the theater and said that he would love to write a musical and such things. As you said he's a great story teller :naughty: but I think this will not happen in short time, maybe when he'll be older :yes:

Edit: this remind me this discussion we had not long ago (if you want to have a look :wink2:)

Edited by Siri
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Campbell said:

Hi there! I've been a huge fan of Mika from a very early age and his music has done so much to shape me as a person. I'm a musical theatre student and all I think lately is that Mika's music is pretty unique in the way his songs tell stories and would be suited PERFECTLY for a musical! I've only just joined this forum so I don't know how much this topic has been discussed, however I have MANY ideas and am curious to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts
Much love

Welcome to MFC Tommy. To say the truth I think when Mika decides to write a musical it would mean the end of his recording and touring career as he would need much more time for this and he already said in an interview that it is too early for him now. But if you watch video playlists of his Tour 2010 you can see that his shows are built like musicals telling a story. So I think he is doing his " musicals " with every album.

• Like 2

hello Tommy, welcome.

i dunno about Mika writing a musical, but think it"d be so cool if someone wrote a musical using his songs (with his permission ofc), or maybe even a musical about him

......so who wants to volunteer?

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Hi Tommy! :welcomeani: 

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

hello Tommy, welcome.

i dunno about Mika writing a musical, but think it"d be so cool if someone wrote a musical using his songs (with his permission ofc), or maybe even a musical about him

......so who wants to volunteer?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, maybe I should volunteer. :lmfao: Something like Mamma Mia, right? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

I thought this is what Tommy meant, a musical using his songs not Mika writing a musical, and I'd love to see that! :thumb_yello:

7 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Something like Mamma Mia, right?

Yes, would be awesome!  And could Pierce Brosnan play in it, please? :teehee:

• Like 1

I was thinking the same, a musical using his songs... I know that it's maybe his dream to write a musical with new songs etc. but I think a musical film with songs he already has would be also really cool. His songs tell so many stories.

• Like 4

This is one of my dreams, a musical using his songs. I did love Mamma Mia, I've seen the film several times and also I've seen the musical in the theater twice. I love musicals. Im going to see a musical about "Le Petit Prince" in two weeks, so a musical with Mika's songs it would be a dream. :cloud:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

This is one of my dreams, a musical using his songs. I did love Mamma Mia, I've seen the film several times and also I've seen the musical in the theater twice. I love musicals. Im going to see a musical about "Le Petit Prince" in two weeks, so a musical with Mika's songs it would be a dream. :cloud:

I dreamed about it too, it'd be perfect, colourful and with many dancers...:cloud:Btw, I know it's OT but do you know there'll be a sequel to Mamma Mia this summer? I've seen the trailer just a few days ago so it's probably already an old information but just in case you haven't heard about it yet. :wink2:

EDIT: Besides Casa Mika this is also a good inspiration...

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I dreamed about it too, it'd be perfect, colourful and with many dancers...:cloud:Btw, I know it's OT but do you know there'll be a sequel to Mamma Mia this summer? I've seen the trailer just a few days ago so it's probably already an old information but just in case you haven't heard about it yet. :wink2:

EDIT: Besides Casa Mika this is also a good inspiration...

Yes, I've heard something about it.I'm going to watch it for sure. :wink2:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, would be awesome!  And could Pierce Brosnan play in it, please? :teehee:

Yes. :mf_rosetinted:

9 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I was thinking the same, a musical using his songs... I know that it's maybe his dream to write a musical with new songs etc. but I think a musical film with songs he already has would be also really cool. His songs tell so many stories.

Oh, like Across the Universe. That's a musical movie using the Beatles songs to tell a story. Very beautiful. One of my favorite films. :wub2: 

I'm taking plot ideas, cowriters are welcome and needed. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5.2.2018 at 3:22 PM, Mikasister said:

:blush-anim-cl: When we visited the Grevin museum in Montreal, back in Febr. 2015, I noticed a mark on the wall,  of the circus built around MIKA in wax, and that was "Le petit prince"  :wink2: Maybe MIKA started as a "little prince of pop" - but imo he has been "the king of pop" for a long time already :king:  All his albums consist of such great songs, which would fit well in a musical :fisch: But maybe it's a bit early to think about a musical? I don't know.  Tina Turner has been around for a lifetime.  Next month the world premiere of Tina: The Musical will kick off at the Aldwych Theatre in London :wub2:  I hope/suppose MIKA will go and see it, and maybe tell about it ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love, love

me   

• Like 1