2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

Btw.. Must've been fun to go to the front row to party and dance, but did those people at least behave while going there and being there and respected the people that were in the front rows?

according to sariflor, unfortunately they didn't. :sad: i didn't see much of it, as i was quite much at the side, and where people ran to the front was in the middle aisle - i don't think they got in front of the front row people, as there wasn't much space there - but they surely blocked the view for those who had chosen the places in 2nd, 3rd,... row right next to the aisle - for the first part of the show it probably was a brilliant view from there.

Mellody, what did Mika say about your present (esp. the card)?

we had a DMFC (german fanclub) present - i gave it to john when we entered the venue. he was standing there at the side, i only noticed when the security woman told me that presents for mika go directly to john, so i gave it to him. :wink2: someone noticed the present in mikas car after the show, but no idea if he got to look at it before.

So it was you!

You did a great job with the numbers, and in spite of the smaller chaos on the church stairs for a while it went well with the queuing this time but without the numbers we would have been lost!:thumb_yello:

yup, the numbers thing was brilliant - thanx to the DMFC girls, who did an exact list with number, name and time of arrival - and thanx to the security guys, who kept to it! they had the list at the entrance, looked at the number on peoples hands and also asked most ppl for names and looked them up on the list! but it was also thanx to people queuing up nicely, without any pushing (anyway not while entering the venue...) - otherwise it might not have worked.

so: thanx to everyone who was involved!!

Yes me and friends from the GermanMikafanclub! Yes it was soooo great that all the people were ok with this! It was great! Imagine otherwise those people who came 1 hour before the gig could have stand in the first row...:sneaky2::boxed: But like this is was brilliant! I think Mikas Manager will do this with the numbers again!

:thumb_yello:

You did great job, thank you!! :thumb_yello:

yai schneggö (big girlie here?) and me did the list, fortunately most of the people who didn't know of the list, accepted it, except a woman who told me we weren't at a concentration camp here, wups :boxed:

what else can i say? it was a real good concert!

the first sensation i can recall is asking to myself 'am i really at a mika gig?' while sitting on a church bench and admiring all artworks around me.

i found the merch desk quite odd in the far end of right wing and i tried not to look that way too much, it sort of disturbed me. As the bar did, i cannot believe one can happily drink a bier in the face of an artist who's performing, in a solemn place like that in addition. but oh well, i must be too old and too catholic!:wink2:

everyone entered and behaved well, no mess or chaos around...i think the church athmosphere was imposing itself. i stood right for a while, just wondering about the whole night and enjoying the beauty of the place.

we were all excited and nervous i guess, we were all talking in a low voice.

the stage was so small and crowded with instruments, among which the shiny piano stood out...so i began imagining mika at the piano, sweetly singing his new songs. and i felt so grateful, that was exactly what we were dreaming of for months, an acoustic gig in a wonderful place.

i must confess that tears were always about to spring out all time long.

i didn't expect a support act, so i was a bit disappointed, but the girl had a heavenly voice, and i relaxed. i was counting minutes though....

when he came out, he was holding his mates by the hands...i found it very sweet, as if he was somewhat insecure and wanted support...they bowed to the crowd as real classic music players...and he went to the piano.

i held my breath...and it was lady jane.

now, who knows me knows that i cannot be that critic towards Mika, so i didn't mind about his difficulties in finding the right tone...maybe he was just too emotional. i enjoyed lady jane to bits, so slow and sorrowful in the total quiet of that church. His voice was perfect to be heard, acousticly the place was helping a lot.

then all the rest of songs, old and new ones, the old ones with new arrangements..i loved them.

i missed relax again...and i didn't like GK played twice...but i appreciated the new rain (still to be polished in my opinion) and all the new ones.

i missed Lonely Alcoholic, he does not seem willing to perform it in this tour...i hope he'll change his mind!

he was HAPPY, especially when the audience started to interact and sing and dance and bounce...i think he was expecting some feedback from the public, he seems so genuinely surprised every time we tell him 'the gig was amazing!'

and the audience replied enthousiastically, he can be happy!

he was called two times out for encores, the crowd was never tired of him...

when people stood up at big girl i was a bit angry, i wanted a whole seated gig! but i understood it was not possible.....some mika's songs are simply infectious, your legs and arms cannot stay still! and so i danced and bouced and sang my lungs out as usual, as if we were in a normal gig venue.

but i'm so glad i could sit and enjoy his voice and music in total silence for the most part...

i cried real tears at over my shoulder, i didn't expect it (even if i could, as his singer friend was there) and it was magic, in the total quiet of the venue, no people buzzing or making noise or chatting, as happened in Milan in 2007.

All musicians were so good, we already know about cherisse and martin, and i must say that new bassist is very good at singing too.

the concert was intense but short, i wished he performed more songs, as any other word, or holy johnny or how much do you love me....they are beautiful, and would improve the show. i've read he performed covers and my interpretation in amsterdam, maybe something is changing for the next gigs.

outside, at the signing session, he was the usual sweet generous smiling self with everyone. i exchanged some words with him and i'm happy so many people could enjoy his presence for so long. i know we are spoilt fans, but only congratulating to him for his awesome performance is something i'd never miss for all my life. i know it's banal, and childish, but it's the way i feel.

i was happy to meet some old mfcers, and also some new ones (old vs new referring to my meetings with them in the past), especially suzie, and tiibet, and faballa who was so helpful speaking german in the middle of the night when we found the undergroud closed!

i probably missed many, cause i arrived late at the queue, but pls. have my virtual hug, all of you!

Edited by robertina

You did great job, thank you!! :thumb_yello:

Hello Tiibet, so nice to meet you in Berlin!:bye:

yai schneggö (big girlie here?) and me did the list, fortunately most of the people who didn't know of the list, accepted it, except a woman who told me we weren't at a concentration camp here, wups :boxed:

Yeah wups, I agree!

Maybe a sensitive subject?:blink:

i cried real tears at over my shoulder, i didn't expect it (even if i could, as his singer friend was there) and it was magic, in the total quiet of the venue, no people buzzing or making noise or chatting, as happened in Milan in 2007.

This is not meant as a threath or a demand, but more as a bit of helpful advice :fisch: Maybe you should bring a giant lollipop to London:teehee: I think we're gonna be seated next to eachother and I can simply not help laughing hysterically whenever he sings that song, so you might wanna either knock me unconcious or try to somehow keep me occupied until it's over :naughty:

This is not meant as a threath or a demand, but more as a bit of helpful advice Maybe you should bring a giant lollipop to London I think we're gonna be seated next to eachother and I can simply not help laughing hysterically whenever he sings that song, so you might wanna either knock me unconcious or try to somehow keep me occupied until it's over

as long as you are prepared to any reaction.....:bash::bonk::chair::rocket::hunter: :laser:

Edited by robertina

This is not meant as a threath or a demand, but more as a bit of helpful advice :fisch: Maybe you should bring a giant lollipop to London:teehee: I think we're gonna be seated next to eachother and I can simply not help laughing hysterically whenever he sings that song, so you might wanna either knock me unconcious or try to somehow keep me occupied until it's over :naughty:

Maybe a big apple would be helpful?:ap_rosetinted:

Why not borrow the one from Snow White's stepmother....? :devil:

But seriously Kata, try to just close your eyes and listen to the melody, forget about the lyrics!:original:

haha ok, alles klo alda schneggö :naughty:

Andy interviewed us and asked us like....1000 questions :naughty: and looking back, I think it was quite embarassing, we sang Lady Jane and Lonely Alcoholic and he filmed all that :shocked:

he said parts of it will be shown on mikasounds (of this interview), oh my god and they will try to make a video for every single show

how long will it take till the video will be online?

haha ok, alles klo alda schneggö :naughty:

Andy interviewed us and asked us like....1000 questions :naughty: and looking back, I think it was quite embarassing, we sang Lady Jane and Lonely Alcoholic and he filmed all that :shocked:

he said parts of it will be shown on mikasounds (of this interview), oh my god and they will try to make a video for every single show

how long will it take till the video will be online?

we are stil waiting for all footage of the dodgy holiday tour to be honest

:mf_rosetinted:

andy is a man of easy promises!:naughty:

as long as you are prepared to any reaction.....:mf_rosetinted:

I'll be prepared, just don't whine along with the song or I'm gonna fork out yer daylight...in various ways vork.giffork.gifhungry.gif

fork.gif

links to my last 2 videos, that i couldn't post anymore yesterday:

lollipop:

band introduction (without band :naughty:):

i think i also have a big part of "rain" on video, will see if i can post it tonight. i definitely preferred the old rain version though. :sneaky2:

Maybe a big apple would be helpful?:ap_rosetinted:

Why not borrow the one from Snow White's stepmother....? :devil:

But seriously Kata, try to just close your eyes and listen to the melody, forget about the lyrics!:original:

But the melody itself is whiny to a point where I can't help laughing :freak: I keep thinking of that photo from when he was meditating in India ...ooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaam oooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaam :naughty:

i won't...i simply cry in silence....:tears:

maybe you can pass me a kleenex?

I better bring some, won't want to tempt you with my mighty big sleeves :sneaky2:

links to my last 2 videos, that i couldn't post anymore yesterday:

lollipop:

band introduction (without band :naughty:):

i think i also have a big part of "rain" on video, will see if i can post it tonight.

i definitely preferred the old rain version though. :sneaky2:

These are swell: THANX for your many updates and posts!

but oh well, i must be too old and too catholic!:wink2:

All musicians were so good, we already know about cherisse and martin, and i must say that new bassist is very good at singing too.

the concert was intense but short, i wished he performed more songs, as any other word, or holy johnny or how much do you love me....they are beautiful, and would improve the show.

Ah Robi, I love your report. Makes an old soppy oldling like me :tears:

But the melody itself is whiny to a point where I can't help laughing I keep thinking of that photo from when he was meditating in India ...ooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaam oooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaam :naughty:

Luckily I am not going to be sitting next to you

or I would :wags_finger::annoyed_h4h::laser:

I LOVE THAT SONG.

But when he sings rain, I will not be able to stop thinking of that crazy wailing cat video that zoots posted the other day. Sounded just like Mika & rain.:teehee:

Hello Tiibet, so nice to meet you in Berlin!:bye:

Hello Sienna, it was so nice to meet you too, and all other fans! Actually, I liked the whole queue thing, it was nice to chat with others. German fans made it so easy with numbers, and everyone behaved well. And those security guys :wub2: I wanted to go and hug them, lol (well, I didn't).

Mika looked a bit insecure first, I guess because this was the first concert of this tour. And it makes him even more lovable (is that a word?). It is always a joy to see him happy and enjoying people's reaction. I was in tears during OMS (I'm uploading the video), it was so beautiful!

Ah Robi, I love your report. Makes an old soppy oldling like me :tears:

Luckily I am not going to be sitting next to you

or I would :wags_finger::annoyed_h4h::laser:

I LOVE THAT SONG.

But when he sings rain, I will not be able to stop thinking of that crazy wailing cat video that zoots posted the other day. Sounded just like Mika & rain.:teehee:

Shall gladly admit that I was also having a good laugh during Rain :naughty: Okay I was laughing my way through half the songs, but laughing is healthy i've heard :biggrin2:

I uploaded Lady Jane on youtube, didn't give it a name, on purpose, but it says it says that it's still converting or something like that, since yesterday...

the picture isn't that good