Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'll just tell the things that we're special for me:

my seat was great, I was on the second row and when he came back to do grace kelly the girl in front of me said that I should just climb over the seats so I did and then I was front row for one song haha, it was so weird that he was SO close! :shocked:

And then later when we we're outside I gave him a little bunny dressed as a pirate- keychain and he said something like It's demented! and I said it's cool, it's a pirate! and he gave me a huge smile and said: I love it! :swoon:

And then he signed my backpack ( oh and cherisse and martin signed it as well, martin said: are you sure?! It's just me! and cherisse said she loved it ) and he said something funny but I can't remember what, all I know is that he laughed :teehee:

It was really the best gig so far ( for me ) :biggrin2:

my seat was great, I was on the second row and when he came back to do grace kelly the girl in front of me said that I should just climb over the seats so I did and then I was front row for one song haha, it was so weird that he was SO close! :shocked:

And then later when we we're outside I gave him a little bunny dressed as a pirate- keychain and he said something like It's demented! and I said it's cool, it's a pirate! and he gave me a huge smile and said: I love it! :swoon:

And then he signed my backpack ( oh and cherisse and martin signed it as well, martin said: are you sure?! It's just me! and cherisse said she loved it ) and he said something funny but I can't remember what, all I know is that he laughed :teehee:

That reminds me that I really wanted to tell you that I love your backpack, I just forgot to actually tell you in person. :roftl:

Haha it was so funny that he didn't want to "ruin" your bag at first! :teehee:

He has the yearbook

YAYNESS!!!!

Maybe it had an accident in the washing machine!

Real men wear pink!

Damn.. I was gonna say the same thing!

I like the MSN one better. It looks angrier

That it does... and it reminds me of Amy Winehouse...

amazing the pics i love it

Hey, where dod you get the pictures that you have in your signature? I'd love to get them...

This guy, this individual, who brings us all together, so many disparate people from all over the world, with one common purpose, and yet we don't really know him despite the fact that he's so familiar, and he's really just "a guy" that we're putting huge expectations on sometimes.....

All these things were going through my brain while I was watching that vid. That was exciting and thrilling and scary and wondrous all at the same time. I'm not sure why I feel so affected by it, especially considering that there is none of my work in the yearbook, but I feel like I just had a revelation...

I was excited too... and I didn't put anything in it either!

Et voila .. first video is up!

It's not Mika though

It's Martin after the gig .. such a nice guy

Hope everyone can see it and that it's good quality .. Please let me know so I can start working on the others or change something

Oh it's great!

ANd I love Martin's accent... he's too adorable! :wub2:

omg !! Look at mika's face !

Hes like a dirty old man !

Have you forgotten that he perved on Bec's boobs when he was here???

He is very much a boobs man I think :naughty:

I do have ot say one thing... he's concentrating awfully hard... :teehee::naughty:

And thanks for the pics/vids/reports people!

I need a whole week to be able to watch all these vids:shocked:

Thanks so much to everyone for the reports, vids and pics. It sounds as though you had a fabulous night.:wub2:

As the week goes on I am becoming more and more impatient... I just can't wait:shocked::wub2:

Okay, some pictures of the man himself :mf_rosetinted:

P1010473.jpg

Awesome shoes.

P1010495.jpg

Great pictures!

Do you mind if I put some of these on my hyves page?

That reminds me that I really wanted to tell you that I love your backpack, I just forgot to actually tell you in person. :roftl:

Thank you so much! :blush-anim-cl::biggrin2:

Haha it was so funny that he didn't want to "ruin" your bag at first! :teehee:

Haha yeah, I was like: Pleeease sign it!

Ok so I'm writing this on my iPhone from a train headed to Brussels...so for once, it will be a short report :naughty:

The venue was beautiful, the acoustics out of this f*cking world! I always thought Over My Shoulder was okay, but hearing it live in such a setting was like some kind of transcendent experience. Same with Happy Ending. He started by asking us to sing the chorus, for every collegefriend of his who dreamed of playing that venue. "Sing your f*cking heart out", he told us. I just melted, tears in my eyes. I so love that beautiful boy!

My "seat" was a weird little foldout thing, and it totally sucked. I abandoned it after 2 songs and instead stood by the wall about 5 rows back. Left me room to dance, which was very important ;)

He came out to sign things, and we talked about the yearbook. I genuinely believe he truly loves it. He flipped through it for quite a while, then reached over the velvet rope to give me a hug. :wub2:

I stayed mostly cool and calm while talking with him, but then John saw me having a fangurl moment and chuckled, with me fanning mysrlf and trying to catch my breath after Mika walked away. *blush*

Long story short, great gig. And Mika is beautifully, deliciously, aurally awesome. :wub2:

Mana :huglove:

I'm working on the video of that moment (it's already uploaded but just a crappy quality little one ..) .. hope to have it online soon, although I don't know if you'll be able to watch it? I hope so .. it's just wonderful :wub2:

Oh also - the Dutchie MFCers, plus Ruth, are freakin awesome! So glad to have met you all. :wub2:

And Ingie, the wooden crate to ship you to Canada will arrive soon. It's okay, it's got airholes so you can breathe :wink2:

i was almost moved to tears by your short/intense report when i read this...oh mana!:roftl:

see you sooooooooooooooon and be soppy together in milan!!! :wub2:

Oh also - the Dutchie MFCers, plus Ruth, are freakin awesome! So glad to have met you all. :wub2:

And Ingie, the wooden crate to ship you to Canada will arrive soon. It's okay, it's got airholes so you can breathe :wink2:

noooooo don't take Ingie to canada :crybaby:

Great pictures!

Do you mind if I put some of these on my hyves page?

Haha yeah, I was like: Pleeease sign it!

Go ahead! :wink2:

He's a funny dude!

It was awesome to meet you too! :biggrin2: