2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

according to sariflor, unfortunately they didn't. :sad: i didn't see much of it, as i was quite much at the side, and where people ran to the front was in the middle aisle - i don't think they got in front of the front row people, as there wasn't much space there - but they surely blocked the view for those who had chosen the places in 2nd, 3rd,... row right next to the aisle - for the first part of the show it probably was a brilliant view from there.

That's not nice:boxed:

I know sometimes the "vibe" at a mika gig does push you to dancing and jumping etc but if that stops people from enjoying it they should have a bit more consideration... For me, everyone can have fun as long as they don't get on my way:naughty:

And Kata... I may not be strong but I'll punch you if you laugh.. I love that song:teehee:

And I loved every report, pics and videos. Can't wait for London...:wub2:

Edited by Neiobi

I uploaded Lady Jane on youtube, didn't give it a name, on purpose, but it says it says that it's still converting or something like that, since yesterday...

the picture isn't that good

here is it:

thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much my little Lady Jane for uploading this!!!!! It was sooo amazing to experience the concert with you!!!! hahahhahahhahahh we're saying all the time: oh gosh, **** xDDDDD I was soo damn nervous xDDD so thank you for uploading!!!

I seem to never get enough of this mans energy on stage. :wub2:

There has to be better words…charisma…presence?

The gig started with a Mika who was tense and almost shy, turning his back to the audience a lot.

Lady Jane, a few more songs... and after Toy Boy which was beautifully played on his new instrument the Celeste, the circus came to town!

Jumping, screaming, the audience singing back, Mika skipping around all over the stage sharing his lovely energy!:roftl:

How in the world could you possibly resist when Mika looks you in the eyes, claps his hands, jumps up and down and encourage you to do the same?:teehee:

I, and the people around me, second row, right side, must have had the luck of our life’s because we were still able to see most of what happened on stage when the whole audience went crazy and rushed forward all the way to the stage, filling up all the area around the seats.

Why did this said acoustic gig turn in to a funny, fantastic and noisy circus?

My theory is, that for most people his music is not first hand sitting-down-and-listen-carefully-music, with a few exceptions…

So….the audience did what probably felt most natural, jumping up and down and dance.

Mika is feeding off so much from that connection with the audience that he just went with the flow and the craziness took over!:roftl:

I enjoyed every second of it!:wub2:

He is an energetic, musically talented artist with a fantastic voice!:wub2:

Oh and from my place I was able to look at his hands while he was playing the piano and some of you already know about my love and admiration for good piano-players!

Thank you Mika for the lively and colourful Berlin gig!:wub2:

To avoid misunderstandings I would like to add that I thought it was a mistake to allow people to run to the front like that and block so many people view's, everybody wasn’t at all as lucky as we on the right hand side. This venue is definitely not the right place for a show like that and the security wasn’t able to deal with it!

Presence, I think. The moment he jumps on stage, even before uttering one single note or line, the place and the people belong to him.

Very few artists have that. It is more in the nature of magic than talent, I think. And you receive its full blast right in the chest.

Marie-Thérèse

what else can i say? it was a real good concert!

the first sensation i can recall is asking to myself 'am i really at a mika gig?' while sitting on a church bench and admiring all artworks around me.

i found the merch desk quite odd in the far end of right wing and i tried not to look that way too much, it sort of disturbed me. As the bar did, i cannot believe one can happily drink a bier in the face of an artist who's performing, in a solemn place like that in addition. but oh well, i must be too old and too catholic!:wink2:

everyone entered and behaved well, no mess or chaos around...i think the church athmosphere was imposing itself. i stood right for a while, just wondering about the whole night and enjoying the beauty of the place.

we were all excited and nervous i guess, we were all talking in a low voice.

the stage was so small and crowded with instruments, among which the shiny piano stood out...so i began imagining mika at the piano, sweetly singing his new songs. and i felt so grateful, that was exactly what we were dreaming of for months, an acoustic gig in a wonderful place.

i must confess that tears were always about to spring out all time long.

i didn't expect a support act, so i was a bit disappointed, but the girl had a heavenly voice, and i relaxed. i was counting minutes though....

when he came out, he was holding his mates by the hands...i found it very sweet, as if he was somewhat insecure and wanted support...they bowed to the crowd as real classic music players...and he went to the piano.

i held my breath...and it was lady jane.

now, who knows me knows that i cannot be that critic towards Mika, so i didn't mind about his difficulties in finding the right tone...maybe he was just too emotional. i enjoyed lady jane to bits, so slow and sorrowful in the total quiet of that church. His voice was perfect to be heard, acousticly the place was helping a lot.

then all the rest of songs, old and new ones, the old ones with new arrangements..i loved them.

i missed relax again...and i didn't like GK played twice...but i appreciated the new rain (still to be polished in my opinion) and all the new ones.

i missed Lonely Alcoholic, he does not seem willing to perform it in this tour...i hope he'll change his mind!

he was HAPPY, especially when the audience started to interact and sing and dance and bounce...i think he was expecting some feedback from the public, he seems so genuinely surprised every time we tell him 'the gig was amazing!'

and the audience replied enthousiastically, he can be happy!

he was called two times out for encores, the crowd was never tired of him...

when people stood up at big girl i was a bit angry, i wanted a whole seated gig! but i understood it was not possible.....some mika's songs are simply infectious, your legs and arms cannot stay still! and so i danced and bouced and sang my lungs out as usual, as if we were in a normal gig venue.

but i'm so glad i could sit and enjoy his voice and music in total silence for the most part...

i cried real tears at over my shoulder, i didn't expect it (even if i could, as his singer friend was there) and it was magic, in the total quiet of the venue, no people buzzing or making noise or chatting, as happened in Milan in 2007.

All musicians were so good, we already know about cherisse and martin, and i must say that new bassist is very good at singing too.

the concert was intense but short, i wished he performed more songs, as any other word, or holy johnny or how much do you love me....they are beautiful, and would improve the show. i've read he performed covers and my interpretation in amsterdam, maybe something is changing for the next gigs.

outside, at the signing session, he was the usual sweet generous smiling self with everyone. i exchanged some words with him and i'm happy so many people could enjoy his presence for so long. i know we are spoilt fans, but only congratulating to him for his awesome performance is something i'd never miss for all my life. i know it's banal, and childish, but it's the way i feel.

i was happy to meet some old mfcers, and also some new ones (old vs new referring to my meetings with them in the past), especially suzie, and tiibet, and faballa who was so helpful speaking german in the middle of the night when we found the undergroud closed!

i probably missed many, cause i arrived late at the queue, but pls. have my virtual hug, all of you!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:...thank you, Robertina!!!! :wub2:

Presence, I think. The moment he jumps on stage, even before uttering one single note or line, the place and the people belong to him.

Very few artists have that. It is more in the nature of magic than talent, I think. And you receive its full blast right in the chest.

Marie-Thérèse

So true, so very true!:blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Aren't you going to Paris???

Was meant to but work screw up :furious: so I am hoping to attend some summer gigs. Not so good as the acoustic ones, more likely stadiums or festivals, still the only alternative would have been to resign and I love and need my job :emot-sad: ...

Cheers,

Id3

I uploaded Lady Jane on youtube, didn't give it a name, on purpose, but it says it says that it's still converting or something like that, since yesterday...

the picture isn't that good

If we don't know the name of your vid and you don't give a link here... not so elementary, My Dear Watson :confused: !

Cheers,

Id3

I forgot to say something about BIOTG :doh:

When he sang the line his record company wanted him to change, he stressed the word dead and the meaning was:

"You see, I won't change it!!!" :tongue2::devil::kachinga:

I loved that! :thumb_yello:

Really short post, as I haven't had time to do my gig report yet and it will take me a while (I have TONS to say), but I just wanted to quote a few posts before I forget:

according to sariflor, unfortunately they didn't. :sad: i didn't see much of it, as i was quite much at the side, and where people ran to the front was in the middle aisle - i don't think they got in front of the front row people, as there wasn't much space there - but they surely blocked the view for those who had chosen the places in 2nd, 3rd,... row right next to the aisle - for the first part of the show it probably was a brilliant view from there.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. At first we had a fantastic view and everything was great, but once the masses came to the front they stood in something like 3-4 rows of people in front of us and also to our side, pushing us.

From then onwards, I couldn't see Mika at all. These people also held their cameras and arms in the air, and some girl even had a piece of paper over her head!!

The cheek.

We were obviously standing, but still we couldn't see a thing. The only option would have been to stand on the bench (which to be honest didn't even occur to me) and it would have ruined the view for anyone behind us.

To make matters even worse, amongst all these people who went to stand in front of us were a few paparazzi.

WTF does a paparazzi have to do there, blocking fans' views??

Anyway I will leave more details for my proper report. Soon :naughty:

:tears:

we said it many times...it's not a proper gig without our spanish sisters!

*cough*

Really short post, as I haven't had time to do my gig report yet and it will take me a while (I have TONS to say), but I just wanted to quote a few posts before I forget:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. At first we had a fantastic view and everything was great, but once the masses came to the front they stood in something like 3-4 rows of people in front of us and also to our side, pushing us.

From then onwards, I couldn't see Mika at all. These people also held their cameras and arms in the air, and some girl even had a piece of paper over her head!!

The cheek.

We were obviously standing, but still we couldn't see a thing. The only option would have been to stand on the bench (which to be honest didn't even occur to me) and it would have ruined the view for anyone behind us.

To make matters even worse, amongst all these people who went to stand in front of us were a few paparazzi.

*cough*

Sorry you had to put up with that ... just wish sometimes people would think of others rather then just themselves :(

:huglove:

I have no words for the paparazzi though - grrrrr will do :aah:

The cheek.

*cough*

And here she is!:naughty:

Darn Paps, I won't say anymore, I think I've made my position on what I think of them many times:sneaky2:

But what happened with security?

People filling up the aisles is dangerous, H&S issue! Can't believe they were let do it!

And here she is!:naughty:

Darn Paps, I won't say anymore, I think I've made my position on what I think of them many times:sneaky2:

But what happened with security?

People filling up the aisles is dangerous, H&S issue! Can't believe they were let do it!

You do realize that at a normal gig with 3 times as many people there are no ailses right? Standing at the sides of the benches was allowed, someone even emailed them and asked about it before the gig.

The cheek.

*cough*

don't get offence sara....i always think of you as a londoner!:blush-anim-cl:

hi! I was in berlin too... unfortunately is my english not good but I enjoyed every moment before, during and after the gig... thank you all!

I have some photos (not of mika), they aren't good (made by phone)

especially for Martin fans

5f31e654c3bb32e6med.jpg

d478ed79573fb299med.jpg

polish mfc

6fd95526f029a0dcmed.jpg

the list

884131d31b3ce2f3med.jpg

the handbag of olga

0c87c186e61fc450med.jpg

and the fans

w1eijk.jpg

d49194b159ef83c1med.jpg

Edited by noa

You do realize that at a normal gig with 3 times as many people there are no ailses right? Standing at the sides of the benches was allowed, someone even emailed them and asked about it before the gig.

But you do have the space between the barrier and the stage, and the exits at various points around.

This is an old church, which probably only has 2, maybe 3 exits. Not built for this type of gig.

Security should have stopped them, it was a seated gig, they should have stayed in their seats.

they were not seated rose, there were people standing at the back of the benches area and in the left wings of the church.

the people standing at the back went onward, filling the corridor between the 2 bench zones.

so that the people sitting on the extreme ends of any bench to the corridor could not see anything more.

yes that was most disgraceful :sneaky2:

But you do have the space between the barrier and the stage, and the exits at various points around.

This is an old church, which probably only has 2, maybe 3 exits. Not built for this type of gig.

Security should have stopped them, it was a seated gig, they should have stayed in their seats.

there wasn't even enough seats for all, so it's hard to stay in them. However annoying it might have been for people who would rather lie down and meditate, we were actually allowed to stand there and Mika was quite happy that people quit looking like they were bored to death. And yet again I'm gonna point out that Mika's mother was stood in front of me blocking my entire view, you might wanna have a word with her so she doesn't do that in London :mf_rosetinted: Not that I will stay in my seat either way though, life is too short to have concerts ruined by people who would rather be watching a dvd at home :teehee:

no kata i cannot cry watching a dvd!:teehee:

it was nice to be sitting and enjoy the sorrow songs anyway....and dance to the bouncing ones!

i'm sorry for sara and the rest who could not see when ppl got into the corridor, i think security could do something to prevent this....i think mika would have been happy to see ppl dancing even if all that crazy mob had stayed in the back.