• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Official promo video, here now:

UMRG_MUSIC: MIKA! http://video.umrg.com/mika/sizzlereel/quicktime.asp

about 2 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

EDIT: No snippets of the new song, it is just a US market promo, running through some career highlights. But the last few seconds gives you a little tingle in your spine.

same feeling here!!! :blush-anim-cl:

thank you for posting!! :flowers2:

I've just watched it again :wub2:

I love the way they say "sell out tour of the US" showing a picture of the PDP stadium gig :roftl:

I don't recall all his US gigs being quite as big as that :naughty:

I loved how in the OMM video they were talking about the Songs for Sorrow EP and it's book of illustrations and the footage shown was of Mana showing off the yearbook:teehee:

I am also finding it a bit strange how we haven't heard anything official yet(from Mika or the record company) about the release date for We Are Golden. Where exactly has this 20th July date come from? Is it a case of Chinese Whispers? I'm confused..

I don't deny the veracity of the announcements that it will be played for the first time on the 17th July. It's just that in the UK at least, singles tend to be played and promoted on the radio and on video channels about two or three weeks before they are even available as download, let alone physical release. Something doesn't quite add up for me, although I accept they may be doing things a little differently with We Are Golden, perhaps so as to make a big impact in a short space of time, and ensure that people aren't fed up of the song before it's even available to buy :naughty: (which can sometimes happen!).

I keep going around telling people 'Mika's got a new single out in a couple of weeks' but then wondering if that's actually true.

If I have missed an official announcement on this then by all means, I will stand corrected :biggrin2:.

I thought the 17 Jul was the play date not the release date. Or am I mistaken?

Also, don't singles tend to have the name of the album on them, and on the tags on a lot of the video channels?

I think it's the 17th is the play date, not the release date

I don't know...but I don't like the reference to Jim Steinman :boxed: I hate all his overblown stuff :naughty:.

HSM and now Jim Steinman?? Why am I rapidly going off We Are Golden before I've even heard it?? :aah:

and here's an article, I don't think I've seen before:http://www.eyeweekly.com/blog/post/64063--mika

I don't know...but I don't like the reference to Jim Steinman :boxed: I hate all his overblown stuff :naughty:.

HSM and now Jim Steinman?? Why am I rapidly going off We Are Golden before I've even heard it?? :aah:

I love it

- but can you rely on a page confusing Mika with Mika Miko (cover art)

I love it

- but can you rely on a page confusing Mika with Mika Miko (cover art)

*sigh* yes I noticed that too...depressingly familiar isn't it :teehee:. I would have thought Q could have managed to do better than that.

And why only three stars??? :blink: Who has voted, if nobody has heard the song yet?? :aah: