Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just managed to get up and have breakfast and now I'm back on here!! :roftl:

Ruth's report is really full so I won't repeat it but I wanted to say that yesterday was, by a mile, my best experience of meeting MFCr's...as I've had some hideous experiences in the past!

Jo and I are shy and like to do our little Mika thing together so it's not really great for mixing with strangers but we both said that we'd really enjoyed chatting to the people we were with and it had actually been fun!! That's a BIG thing for us!! :naughty:

We'd arrived at 12.30pm and met up with Mikafish, Holy Johnny and Ruth and did the same as Ruth and turned right round and got our things from the car sorted and came back! So we were behind the next two WY fans with Blue Eyes and her husband & Jemmalee (who keep our place for us whilst we did the carpark dash!!! :roftl:

The people I gave tickets to came to thank me and I felt all embarassed :blush-anim-cl: but was really glad to have been able to give other MFCr's the chance to be there. FD asked me three times during the day how I'd managed to get all the tickets!! Freddie, if you've forgotten again....just PM me and I'll tell you!!!!

The M&G was the best I've been to so far too and it was lovely just being able to chat to him calmly. I asked whether he had been told about us wearing the gold hats and he said that he'd been watching the gig and when Kate Thornton (or as Meeks said..."that female presenter...what's her name??" me " Kate"...him "Oh, yes, Kate") said about us wearing the gold hats for WAG at which point I nudged his arm and said.."come on...you knew they were for you!" at which he giggled and said..."well, I kinda realised at that point!" :wub2:

Anyways, I managed to post a few pics lastnight but will post some more of the MFCr's and the M&G and then my couple of vids.

Am of to do some uploading now!!

What a fab night!

Thank you!:wub2:

I’m so happy to hear you all had a great time, and as a non UK citizen you bet I hang on to every word, feels like I’m living through you all right now!:wink2:

But it’s all good :biggrin2: I have big hopes for the promised winter-tour!

I remember meeting you at Sadler’s Wells, did I meet Jo there as well? It was so many people there.:blush-anim-cl:

Nice to meet so many of you Yesterday.. it was a great gig with a brilliant atmosphere. Enjoyed all of the acts and I was in the bar afterwards with my family when Mika came in you lucky lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2: His set was AMAZING BTW..I was stood at the side at this point.

If anyone has any photos of Will I would be so grateful!! I hardly ever take any as I cant concentrate on Will:mf_lustslow: and he looked so pretty:wub2:

Hope to see you all at a gig in the future.

Julie x

Ok finally my report (and then off for a sleep I'm shattered !!)

I went to check out the venue, queuing etc around 11ish and bumped into Mikafish there. I also met Julie, the Will Young fan who posted on the forum here, a few days ago. She was one determined lady and was first in the queue from 11AM and stayed there !

I went home for some lunch and got back around 2ish and there were around 20 people there. I met the lovely Mikalove=), a lovely chatty girl and also Sariflor and friends came and sat behind me. Great to chat to you Sariflor :biggrin2:

There were only 20 or 30 of us in the queue for some time and we decided perhaps we didn't need to queue so early, but we were there by then !!

I also met Rose-RAK1 (and the trusty MFC flag, which I duely signed), Vixenbbw, Blue Eyes, Jester Kevin, Sarah_lollipop, Abby, Kath, Sparkly1, Babspanky, kt4mika, hotdlp, bexxy & dominic, violetsky and apologies if I've forgotten any others.

You were all really lovely and welcoming and made queuing such a great experience. It seemed to go quite fast really.

As other said we got inside around 7.15 and all ran for the stage that looked the biggest (mikalove spotted the glitter and mika's balls - lol, so we knew we were in the right place !).

I asked a security guard for the running order - Pixie Lott, Newton Faulkner, Will Young, Daniel Merriweather and Mika and the message was passed along via mikalove to everyone else. I was to the right of the stage directly infront of the speaker and could feel the base in my chest when they ramped it up. I wasn't moving though. First and only time at the barrier for a gig and I was going to make the most of it !

I had a really good view and Mika's piano was quite near. I got photo's but most of them are a bit blurred as I switched off the flash, they were too grainy with it. I will post what/when I can.

He was in such party mood and came out with the attitude of lets get everyone joining in, singing, dancing and having fun.

Other's have commented on the songs (Faith was excellent). Odd snatches I remember are him saying are "I know this wooden floor is sprung - lets bounce !!", motioning for a gold bowler hat to wear for WAG and waffling about feeling pregnant !

I came out exhausted and on a high.

I gave him this necklace

http://www.punkypins.co.uk/handmade-jewellery-c1/personalised-necklaces-c6/personalised-mixtape-cassette-name-necklace-p183

with Mika personalised (other MFCers saw me wearing it in the day) and explained about the WAG reference with the cassette and he said something like "Cool, I like that Thankyou". I then asked for a photo with it and him (to prove that just happened mostly) and followed him asking 3 times until finally he gave in, checked I wasn't endorsing a website and then posed with it (Thanks kt4mika and also mikafish who tried earlier with my camera !).

I felt soooo guilty for keep asking but knew this moment was unlikely to ever happen again so I should go for it.

Does anyone else remember the necklace thing ? What he said to me ? Did you catch a photo/video at the time ? Its all a bit blurry now....

I SOOOOOO hope I didn't upset him.

At the M&G I was struck at how relaxed it was and even for the group photo with people packed around him, he didn't seem particularly worried about dodgy fans or anything.

I love how he keeps saying he has to go and then gets drawn back into coversation, autographs, photo's etc I think its coz he is so nice and he likes it really !

Then it was all over

Phew, sorry about such a long post !!!!:teehee:

A day to remember ! :biggrin2:

Edited by Angelcakes

Nice to meet so many of you Yesterday.. it was a great gig with a brilliant atmosphere. Enjoyed all of the acts and I was in the bar afterwards with my family when Mika came in you lucky lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2: His set was AMAZING BTW..I was stood at the side at this point.

If anyone has any photos of Will I would be so grateful!! I hardly ever take any as I cant concentrate on Will:mf_lustslow: and he looked so pretty:wub2:

Julie x

Lovely to meet you too Julie (we chatted quite a bit didn't we ?)

I had some photo's which are OK of Will. PM me your email address and I'll send them. I'm already sending to a lady who was stood next to me at the barrier who was also a fan and said she had a rubbish camera !

Thank you!:wub2:

I’m so happy to hear you all had a great time, and as a non UK citizen you bet I hang on to every word, feels like I’m living through you all right now!:wink2:

But it’s all good :biggrin2: I have big hopes for the promised winter-tour!

I remember meeting you at Sadler’s Wells, did I meet Jo there as well? It was so many people there.:blush-anim-cl:

She was there but a little worse for wear!! Mmmmmm, incse you don't know that phrase....it's a polite way of saying she was drunk!!! :roftl:

She was in charge of taking pictures whilst I got our EP books signed!! :sneaky2: They were rubbish!

Julie x

I've got some pics too....I'll PM them to you during the afternoon...after I've done my Mika ones!!! :roftl::roftl:

OMG im feeling sooo drained right now...tired...and i have work in an hour :sneaky2:

Anyway it was lovely seeing soo many MFCers at Blackpool, The gig was fantastic but i wont go into any great detail as im sure you all have the jist of it already.....plus im tired and cant be arsed anyway...im going into mika depression :wink2:

Im just in a Mood with dominic for going to the toilet the moment the doors were open so i had to wait by the door for him to return as i watched people who were queued up behind me walk by.....im getting him hooked upto a catheter next time!!!!

We ended up about threeish rows back by Freddie which wasnt too bad.

I am just sooo proud of all the MFCers who waited for Mika at the end of the concert it was just soo....sivilised i guess and i feel honoured that mika trusts everyone enough to do such a greeting.

I gave him this little voodoo super doll/keychain to help releave stress he may need it with the release of this second album :roftl:

Im still trying to recover from the drive back last night i stopped at Keele services and was pretty much half dead :boxed:

Good luck to all those driving back today and i hope too see familiar faces during the next tour.

Peace

BexxY

Bexxy, nice to see you again on here. How are you? Yes, I bet it was annoying having to wait for you partner to pee! Hope you enjoyed the show and it was worth being weary for.

Vix, love your reviews and photos, you got real close didn't you? How fantastic. To see the M&G pics afterwards, makes me so wish I could have been there. Will you be putting some vids on youtube by any chance?

Bexxy, nice to see you again on here. How are you? Yes, I bet it was annoying having to wait for you partner to pee! Hope you enjoyed the show and it was worth being weary for.

Vix, love your reviews and photos, you got real close didn't you? How fantastic. To see the M&G pics afterwards, makes me so wish I could have been there. Will you be putting some vids on youtube by any chance?

I will be uploading them shortly!!

Just finished the pics....onto the vids! :naughty:

photo?album_id=184197140&photo_id=1910499471

Oh no its getting worse now.... sorry people

Is it coz I'm on a mac ?

Angel, you can't post the pics straingt on here...you need to use an upload site then post the link. I (and most people) use photobucket.

Then you'll be away!! :thumb_yello:

Angel, you can't post the pics straingt on here...you need to use an upload site then post the link. I (and most people) use photobucket.

Then you'll be away!! :thumb_yello:

I put them on photobox and then paste the link into "please enter the URL of your image" on here and then I just get a blue question mark :crybaby:

I put them on photobox and then paste the link into "please enter the URL of your image" on here and then I just get a blue question mark :crybaby:

I know with photbucket you get 4 different versions of the url depending on what you want to use it for...ie blogs, websites, etc...so maybe it's the same with photobox?? :blink: