Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought it would go this far! Honestly when he said he was going to wear it to a gig, i wasn't so sure but....:biggrin2: Mika is so incredible!

WHO would have known!!!??? BUT . . . it is 'SO MIKA' - so of course he was going to love love it!!!! :roftl:

I'm so happy he wore the jacket again! :wub2:

Congrats to all the girls who worked on it. It's so perfect on him. I really hope he wears it in NYC. :huglove:

Thank you so much:biggrin2:

I'm glad MFCers understand our excitement because trying to explain how amazing this is to my non-mika friends is incredibly difficult!

kt4mika took my pic in the crowd!!

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03087.jpg

Few more to follow...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

You can see our patch AND our name "The Meyer Twins"!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome. You guys did such an awesome job on the jacket and we are so happy! He looks so awesome in it!!! So glad that we participated!

The Meyer Twins

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

You can see our patch AND our name "The Meyer Twins"!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome. You guys did such an awesome job on the jacket and we are so happy! He looks so awesome in it!!! So glad that we participated!

The Meyer Twins

:naughty:

Your welcome. Thank you for participating:wink2:

Please post your pics/videos/reports here :)

We talked about the live performance at BBC Radio 2 here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19563

COMING UP

7 - 14 Sept 2009

Red Button

Radio 2 Live In Blackpool

Watch highlights from BBC Radio 2's Empress Ballroom concert, featuring Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott, Will Young and Newton Faulkner by pressing the red button from the morning of Monday 7 September on any BBC channel on your digital TV.

-------------------------------

AUDIO DOWNLOADS

Download of the whole concert

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8aatol (courtesy of B!anka)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3r14gg (courtesy of Suzie)

Download of individual songs

Faith (George Michael cover) http://www.sendspace.com/file/nuso92 (courtesy of Emka)

Grace Kelly http://www.megaupload.com/?d=845ZI5NT

Blame It On The Girls http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7UYS7G33 (courtesy of Purplecat)

Download of the Alan Carr interview and Love Today

(courtesy of mari62)

mp3 http://www.sendspace.com/file/81o9l7

m4a http://www.sendspace.com/file/s721ku

PICS

On the tram with Alan Carr:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2498383#post2498383

REPORTS

RAK1: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2498241&postcount=738

Zaxiop http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2498400#post2498400

many thanks to everyone ! :flowers2:

Good morning: time for my over-long report; sorry.

And, before I start, thankyou for all the download links in the first post. Just what I wanted to find. MFC surely do kisk ass!

Radio 2 Blackpool 5th September 2009

Well, that was good. Where do I start? I guess by mentioning that the weather – that had been truly dire for the week before – managed to improve for the afternoon. Then there was the venue – the Winter Gardens, which, although suffering from a bit of wear and tear was very suitable. It offered indoor queuing! We’d been told by Angelcakes that the queue would be inside, but until you see it for yourself …. There was a ledge for some to perch on, chairs for others, coffee and toilets! All venues should be like that. The wait was even improved by a nice security guy who kept us entertained with gems like, ‘it’s cancelled!’

I’d been in a very giddy mood because I had read Mika’s funny blog before I left Bolton and had seen the reference to fish and chips. (I’d invited him on Twitter to have fish ‘n’ chips with us – I meant that I’d treat him, but everyone seemed to think he would be buying them for us all!)

I got into Blackpool at about 12:30, found a great car park literally across the road and went in to meet Holy Johnny and Mikafish and Rose. There was a small group of Will Young fans who had started the queue and then us. So that’s my best ever queuing position. Once I knew that I wouldn’t need my kagoul or umbrella, I went back to my car and changed. I was in the car; in full view of anyone passing by. Then, armed with a Gregg’s cheese and onion pasty, my only food of the day, I went back to the queue. Honestly it grew very slowly and such an early start probably wasn’t needed. But the time moved on pretty well and as more and more familiar and less familiar faces arrived.

We had to give the chairs back at 4 o’clock but the queue by then was still not so long. It did then start growing out of the door and out of sight, only to reappear in the other direction as it had to bend around the building (still inside). Kath and Abby came with the gold hats for lots of us. Masterstroke, Kath :) I helped Holy Johnny make his hair white (in the disabled toilet – what must people have thought?) and FD brought gold spray which was lovely. I even had a gold ear! We spent some time signing Rose’s flag with the colourful pens that people used at the iTunes festival. We found out that there would be two stages and that Mika would be on the main one, to the right as we went in and we knew that there would be silver on the stage to confirm that we were in the right place. After telling us that they’d let us in at 6, it was more like 7:15 before the doors opened. And they didn’t scan the bar codes on our tickets so we could have printed duplicates and I don’t think they’d have been any the wiser!

We were told to take it easy and no running and then we were in. There was running. There was overtaking and there was a fall. The WY fans got centre stage (there had been some talk about swapping places when M came on, but that didn’t happen) Then, most of the MFC (certainly the ones in golden hats) went to their right and I was with Sara, Hotdlp and a few others on the front row to their left. We had a wait then the radio 2 presenters came on, and with careful timing the show began. First, Pixie Lotte on our stage, then as they set up for WY, Newton Faulkner performed on the other stage. I’m sure he was good, but we were on the back row and he was sitting down. Then WY came on. Sara and I swapped places with two fans from Bristol while he was on. He was good, his fans were delighted with him but, apparently, he usually talks and interacts and he didn’t have time to do that. All the artists chose a British (English?) song for the songbook that the radio are compiling so we were fascinated to know what M would choose. After WY it was Daniel Merriweather on the other stage while they set up the stage for Mika. There were sheets of black fabric with the silver ‘chewing gum wrappers’ all over and buckets of silver were sprinkled over them and over everything. Martin was on the stage a long time joining in clapping and waving to DM’s music. Sara in a silver dress came on stage and disappeared behind the piano which was being polished to remove finger marks. The words to M’s cover song were stuck on the piano and the floor. Cherisse’s drum kit was, unusually, over to our side of the stage and there were chairs for Dan and Martin so we had an excellent view of them. In the gloom of backstage I even briefly mistook Dan for M, partly because of the hair, but also his white shirt was Mika-ish. Then, when they were all on, the radio presenter come on and then Mika. He was in white with red Laboutin (?) shoes and a jacket that the others can tell you more about. It was covered with fancy bits and pieces…..? decorated with bits from Sparkly?

His set was wonderful; he was so light-hearted, so up for it and the crowd went wild. He started with Grace Kelly – a bit different so worth searching out…(as has already been done) then BIOTG where he divided the audience for singing BIOTG or BIOTB. At some point he asked for Sparkly’s gold bowler hat and wore it before throwing it back. Then, I think he sang WAG and then his cover: Faith. It was a great choice – one of the ones suggested by some on Twitter. He used the words on the piano and the other side of the stage and sang it well. Then we had Lollipop with silver confetti cannons, so much you could hardly breathe, and huge balloons, most of which were whacked back at the stage. Then he was interviewed and then it was over. 9:39 till 9:59.

20 minutes of sheer fun and well worth the trip.

Edited by Ruth

Afterwards we slowly gravitated back to the area outside the ballroom and sat in groups at the tables in the ‘Stage Door Café’. I had just met Olga and was feverishly practising my French because she has very little English. Then her friend came rushing up from, I guess, the real stage door outside. She said that she’d seen Mika, he’d signed her photograph, and he’d asked where we were. And he told her to tell us that he would come up and meet us. And not long afterwards…. he did. We clapped as he came in but most of us stayed in our seats so that he could mingle. The WY fans at the next table asked me why we weren’t mobbing him and I said that the better we behaved, the longer he would stay. I think they were very impressed with Mika. It was lovely – apart from a bloke who put out his hand to shake it and then pulled him forward. Not right and not nice. Then a few people gave him gifts which reminded me that I had a present for him. Then he posed for some photos with individuals so I started moving round and trying to get pictures of them. I followed two girls who were ecstatic about getting their picture with him and told them about the MFC. I got the feeling that he won over a lot of the crowd, his show was so good! Then it was suggested that we did a group photo with the flag, which Mika signed. That got nearly everyone up. We followed him as he walked away and then back, finding a good spot and then he let lots of people take their photos whilst he posed and signed balloons from the show. When I got a chance I gave him my present and told him that we’d let him off the fish and chips. He said he’d have rather had them than do the interview with Alan Carr who was very hung over. He said they would have smelt better than Alan Carr too! Because people had got up there was a crowd around him but there weren’t too many and he talked to lots of people. I asked him to go and see Bab because she never comes forward and he must have heard me because he did. And he was just lovely. But, of course, all good things must come to an end, and he had to leave.

The rest of my evening was less good – I had to get my car out of the multi-story before 11:30 and I caught it on the ramp :(, then I couldn't find anywhere to park so I couldn’t meet up with the others who’d gone to the pub.

So and but, I drove home singing at the top of my voice, bored my husband rigid by re-living the day and turned in at a very respectable 1p.m.

Good morning: time for my over-long report; sorry.

And, before I start, thankyou for all the download links in the first post. Just what I wanted to find. MFC surely do kisk ass!

Radio 2 Blackpool 5th September 2009

Well, that was good. Where do I start? I guess by mentioning that the weather – that had been truly dire for the week before – managed to improve for the afternoon. Then there was the venue – the Winter Gardens, which, although suffering from a bit of wear and tear was very suitable. It offered indoor queuing! We’d been told by Angelcakes that the queue would be inside, but until you see it for yourself …. There was a ledge for some to perch on, chairs for others, coffee and toilets! All venues should be like that. The wait was even improved by a nice security guy who kept us entertained with gems like, ‘it’s cancelled!’

I’d been in a very giddy mood because I had read Mika’s funny blog before I left Bolton and had seen the reference to fish and chips. (I’d invited him on Twitter to have fish ‘n’ chips with us – I meant that I’d treat him, but everyone seemed to think he would be buying them for us all!)

I got into Blackpool at about 12:30, found a great car park literally across the road and went in to meet Holy Johnny and Mikafish and Rose. There was a small group of Will Young fans who had started the queue and then us. So that’s my best ever queuing position. Once I knew that I wouldn’t need my kagoul or umbrella, I went back to my car and changed. I was in the car; in full view of anyone passing by. Then, armed with a Gregg’s cheese and onion pasty, my only food of the day, I went back to the queue. Honestly it grew very slowly and such an early start probably wasn’t needed. But the time moved on pretty well and as more and more familiar and less familiar faces arrived.

We had to give the chairs back at 4 o’clock but the queue by then was still not so long. It did then start growing out of the door and out of sight, only to reappear in the other direction as it had to bend around the building (still inside). Kath and Abby came with the gold hats for lots of us. Masterstroke, Kath :) I helped Holy Johnny make his hair white (in the disabled toilet – what must people have thought?) and FD brought gold spray which was lovely. I even had a gold ear! We spent some time signing Rose’s flag with the colourful pens that people used at the iTunes festival. We found out that there would be two stages and that Mika would be on the main one, to the right as we went in and we knew that there would be silver on the stage to confirm that we were in the right place. After telling us that they’d let us in at 6, it was more like 7:15 before the doors opened. And they didn’t scan the bar codes on our tickets so we could have printed duplicates and I don’t think they’d have been any the wiser!

Thanks for this! reading the second part now...loving the golden hat idea :thumb_yello: