Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

Great pics angelcakes, we finally got to see them. Nice one of Mikafish in her gold sequin dress. She told me she would be wearing it. A few faces I recognised, some not, but it sure looked like you had a great time.

Mika is so sweet for sparing his fans that special moment with him. All it costs is his time yet he makes so many people happy.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She was there but a little worse for wear!! Mmmmmm, incse you don't know that phrase....it's a polite way of saying she was drunk!!! :roftl:

She was in charge of taking pictures whilst I got our EP books signed!! :sneaky2: They were rubbish!

Learning new English words all the time!:naughty:

Thank you all for your reports and pics.

Wish I could've been there. I really need a gig.

Agree with both the thanks and the second sentence!:wink2:

We had no idea. We were talking about that last night actually:naughty: How everything managed to work out perfectly

Here are pictures close up.

jacket.jpg

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket3.jpg

screencap.jpg

Thank you!!!

Aw, it's beautiful!:wub2: Thank you for posting the pics!:thumb_yello:

I just watched the vid for him accepting this jacket. Wow, you really made an impression on him with it. To wear it at a gig AND on a video shoot, you must be SO proud.

Very well done, I wish I'd have known about the project. I sew very little these days, but would have knocked up a patch. Not to worry.

How on earth did you know his size?

Hey Folks!

OMG what a night!

Try to keep my report breif and not get too fan girly but can't make any promises.

Didn't sleep the night before. Eventually went to bed at 4am, lay there for an hour annoying my partner with my tossing and turning, then got up and showered at 5am! Lol! was just a little excited!

Marc (HJ) arrived at 7.40 from N.Wales and by 8am i was driving to Blackpool. We arrived at just before 9 and parked pretty far out. Wandered into Blackpool to locate the Winter Gardens. When we first arrived it was all closed up, we wandered around the little collectables fair and then went to grab a Starbucks. At 11ish went back and meet the lovely Angelcakes (Ange you are so lovely honey!) then decided it was quiet enough to move the car closer. Ended up parked on Church street just up the road from the venue.

Got back at about 11.30 to find that venue was now opened up and we located Rose at the coffee shop style place and we had a chat. At this point the WY fans were already Qing! Said Hi to Julie and Co, who were really nice.

After about 15 mins we decided it would be safer to establish our position in the Q. Turned out not to be all that important but rather safe than sorry!

Qing was the best I've experienced and not just because it was inside. The MfCer really made it wonderful. Not going to try to name everybody because I know I'll leave someone out but guys thanks ao much, the atmosphere was fantastic and we did the MFC and Mika proud. Special thanks to Kath for organising the hats, really was a stroke of genius!

Highlight of the Q? Viv (Sparkly) gettin taken away (jokingly) for imitating the security guard! LMAO!! Viv, you rock!

The only downside of the day (and it wasn't major just annoyed me) was the way some people acted when the doors were opened. They ran full belt inside and I was almost knocked off my feet going down the stairs. Thankfully I was with Marc so he ran ahead and got a spot whist I slowly made my way down. Front row just off to the right near Sparkly, Liz and Jo.

I loved that Kate picked up on the Gold hats, everytime Mika ot a mention the crowd went mad and the atmosphere was electric.

Breifly on other acts: I liked Pixie Lott, wasn't sure who she was before the gig. She has great legs!! Lol! nDidn't really see Newton Faulker or Daniel Merriweather as they were on the opposite stage meaning I was back row and being 5t tall isn't good. Marc tried to hold the camera up so i could see it on film but didn't help all that much. Will young was great, he semed a bit uncomfortable at times tho...but having never seen him before it's hard to tell. I've got a couple of great pics of him tho which hopefully I'll be able to pass on to the WY fans.

And onto the main act its self!!! Was really happy to see Kate have glitter on her face when she came out to introduce Mika, made me totally grin. She seemed as hyped up as we did! Lol!

Words cannot describe how great Mika was, Grace Kelly was fab and quite different than any other time I've heard it. BIOTG was amazing, and I loved the whole audience sing off thing. Faith was a wonderful cover and totally suited his voice. WAG!!! First time I've heard this live and OMG It's fab. Think it will have done his sales the world of good, if everyone there doesn't rush out and by it now there is something wrong with them! Finished with the Epic Lollipop complete with drums, ballons and confetti as always. He looks so damn HOT with the shirt collar up like that, I swaer I started drooling!!!:wub2:

I've forgot at which point but Mika spotted Marc in the front row in his HJ costume and acknolegdeded (sp?) him which was really fab, there was a total look of surprise on his face!! Hehehe

The whole time he looked so happy and relaxed in himself, he really was having a ball. I hated that he couldn't just keep going, because I'm sure he would have!!

The meet and greet afterwards was really great. When he came out there was a moment when i held my breath, expecting everyone to rush him but the atmosphere was so calm and it was clear that the vast majority of people just wanted a chilled chat. I was in the group photos near Mika, but I'm behind several people and don't know if I'm visable! Lol!

Got to talk to Mika and a litle hug. When people started asking for individual photo's I dropped back a but. As much as I would love a bit with him I didn't want to ruin the relaxed atmosphere, so no pics or autographs for me (apart from the group pic) but without doubt the best M&G I've ever been to.

Okay thats it. Once again a huge thanks to the MFC, old and new faces for making being a fan so special.

P.S a few pics and lollipop on vid to follow when I find my memory card dongle!

Hey Folks!

OMG what a night!

Try to keep my report breif and not get too fan girly but can't make any promises.

Didn't sleep the night before. Eventually went to bed at 4am, lay there for an hour annoying my partner with my tossing and turning, then got up and showered at 5am! Lol! was just a little excited!

Marc (HJ) arrived at 7.40 from N.Wales and by 8am i was driving to Blackpool. We arrived at just before 9 and parked pretty far out. Wandered into Blackpool to locate the Winter Gardens. When we first arrived it was all closed up, we wandered around the little collectables fair and then went to grab a Starbucks. At 11ish went back and meet the lovely Angelcakes (Ange you are so lovely honey!) then decided it was quiet enough to move the car closer. Ended up parked on Church street just up the road from the venue.

Got back at about 11.30 to find that venue was now opened up and we located Rose at the coffee shop style place and we had a chat. At this point the WY fans were already Qing! Said Hi to Julie and Co, who were really nice.

After about 15 mins we decided it would be safer to establish our position in the Q. Turned out not to be all that important but rather safe than sorry!

Qing was the best I've experienced and not just because it was inside. The MfCer really made it wonderful. Not going to try to name everybody because I know I'll leave someone out but guys thanks ao much, the atmosphere was fantastic and we did the MFC and Mika proud. Special thanks to Kath for organising the hats, really was a stroke of genius!

Highlight of the Q? Viv (Sparkly) gettin taken away (jokingly) for imitating the security guard! LMAO!! Viv, you rock!

The only downside of the day (and it wasn't major just annoyed me) was the way some people acted when the doors were opened. They ran full belt inside and I was almost knocked off my feet going down the stairs. Thankfully I was with Marc so he ran ahead and got a spot whist I slowly made my way down. Front row just off to the right near Sparkly, Liz and Jo.

I loved that Kate picked up on the Gold hats, everytime Mika ot a mention the crowd went mad and the atmosphere was electric.

Breifly on other acts: I liked Pixie Lott, wasn't sure who she was before the gig. She has great legs!! Lol! nDidn't really see Newton Faulker or Daniel Merriweather as they were on the opposite stage meaning I was back row and being 5t tall isn't good. Marc tried to hold the camera up so i could see it on film but didn't help all that much. Will young was great, he semed a bit uncomfortable at times tho...but having never seen him before it's hard to tell. I've got a couple of great pics of him tho which hopefully I'll be able to pass on to the WY fans.

And onto the main act its self!!! Was really happy to see Kate have glitter on her face when she came out to introduce Mika, made me totally grin. She seemed as hyped up as we did! Lol!

Words cannot describe how great Mika was, Grace Kelly was fab and quite different than any other time I've heard it. BIOTG was amazing, and I loved the whole audience sing off thing. Faith was a wonderful cover and totally suited his voice. WAG!!! First time I've heard this live and OMG It's fab. Think it will have done his sales the world of good, if everyone there doesn't rush out and by it now there is something wrong with them! Finished with the Epic Lollipop complete with drums, ballons and confetti as always. He looks so damn HOT with the shirt collar up like that, I swaer I started drooling!!!:wub2:

I've forgot at which point but Mika spotted Marc in the front row in his HJ costume and acknolegdeded (sp?) him which was really fab, there was a total look of surprise on his face!! Hehehe

The whole time he looked so happy and relaxed in himself, he really was having a ball. I hated that he couldn't just keep going, because I'm sure he would have!!

The meet and greet afterwards was really great. When he came out there was a moment when i held my breath, expecting everyone to rush him but the atmosphere was so calm and it was clear that the vast majority of people just wanted a chilled chat. I was in the group photos near Mika, but I'm behind several people and don't know if I'm visable! Lol!

Got to talk to Mika and a litle hug. When people started asking for individual photo's I dropped back a but. As much as I would love a bit with him I didn't want to ruin the relaxed atmosphere, so no pics or autographs for me (apart from the group pic) but without doubt the best M&G I've ever been to.

Okay thats it. Once again a huge thanks to the MFC, old and new faces for making being a fan so special.

P.S a few pics and lollipop on vid to follow when I find my memory card dongle!

Thanks for your kind words Vicky :wub2:

I too noticed that Kate had glitter on and seemed excited about Mika, but I'd forgotten until you mentioned it.

Excellent report :thumb_yello:

Very brilliant report Vicky. I just loved reading that. So they were not as strict as the t&c's suggested then? Saw 1 pic of you in your lovely gold sequin dress. You did look happy. Not to forget Marc either, he looked so cool holding up one end of the flag!

Very brilliant report Vicky. I just loved reading that. So they were not as strict as the t&c's suggested then? Saw 1 pic of you in your lovely gold sequin dress. You did look happy. Not to forget Marc either, he looked so cool holding up one end of the flag!

Nope, not at all. People taking pics and filming freely. I didn't have my camera out at first but security didn't seem to mind at all. Still can't find my dongle... :(

I just watched the vid for him accepting this jacket. Wow, you really made an impression on him with it. To wear it at a gig AND on a video shoot, you must be SO proud.

Very well done, I wish I'd have known about the project. I sew very little these days, but would have knocked up a patch. Not to worry.

How on earth did you know his size?

We can't believe it either:naughty:

We had no idea if it would fit him. Since I'm taller than Laura(musicfreak) I tried it on when we got it and its was a little to big for me so we just figured it would fit him:naughty:

wow!! :shocked::shocked:

I was looking at Mikas jacket loving it , not realising MFC made it! good job :thumb_yello:

:naughty: Thank you.

Nice photos on the Radio 2 site.. he is a really good photographer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/live-in-blackpool/2009/artists/mika/photos/

Thanks for that link.

I've got a few really nice pics of Will (one is a gorgeous face shot. oh how I love having 10x optical zoom!) I'll post them here and PM you the link..once I find my dongle that is!

Thanks for that link.

I've got a few really nice pics of Will (one is a gorgeous face shot. oh how I love having 10x optical zoom!) I'll post them here and PM you the link..once I find my dongle that is!

That would be so kind!! thanks and sorry for my butting in this thread so much..

OMG He was absolutely brilliant last night. It was the first time I had seen him. I couldn't get over how utterly gorgeous he is in real life.

I didn't meet up with anyone from here as I didnget to the venue until 5:30. But I was standing just behind some of you. Thanks to your golden hats I knew which stage to go to.

my pics arn't so good..*note to self to get a new camera before next gigs!!!*

I won't report on the gig as I think everyone else has summed it up so very well.

However...I do want to say it was lovely to see everyone..old friends and new ones:wub2: The MFC is the BEST ever group of people.. no wonder Mika is happy!!! And huge huge thanks to Vixen....:wub2: Love you xxx

220.jpg

223.jpg

247.jpg

262-1.jpg

It was my first group shot also.. and I was so pleased to be a part of it. Thanks to the guy who took it.. very nice bloke who was with Mika:thumb_yello: he's on the tram pics, b ut I'm sorry, I didn't know his name:blush-anim-cl:

Had a brilliant time last night, the gig was great, Mika was wonderful as ever, and it was nice to speak to other MFCers, both those I'd met before and some I hadn't (or hadn't really talked to much in the past).

Even my excruciatingly painful feet couldn't spoil it, amazingly rubbish footwear choice :blink:...at least we could sit on the carpeted (oh such luxury!!) floor in the queue!! :naughty: But I still went through the pain barrier once inside, standing, and wincing, for two long hours before Mika came on. However, it really was worth it, even for just 20 short minutes. I genuinely enjoyed the other acts (Pixie Lott surprised me, she was great); however, Mika totally stole the show, but then that's no news to us, is it :naughty:. I think he created quite a few converts in the audience, too!

The Meet and Greet was very informal and relaxed and although I didn't speak with Mika myself, just being around him and the fanclub in that civilized and friendly atmosphere was a real privilege, actually :biggrin2:.

Thanks once again vixenbbw for the ticket :thumb_yello:

I won't report on the gig as I think everyone else has summed it up so very well.

However...I do want to say it was lovely to see everyone..old friends and new ones:wub2: The MFC is the BEST ever group of people.. no wonder Mika is happy!!! And huge huge thanks to Vixen....:wub2: Love you xxx

220.jpg

223.jpg

247.jpg

262-1.jpg

It was my first group shot also.. and I was so pleased to be a part of it. Thanks to the guy who took it.. very nice bloke who was with Mika:thumb_yello: he's on the tram pics, b ut I'm sorry, I didn't know his name:blush-anim-cl:

Great pics Andi, the group shot is brilliant.

The guy who took them, is Ian, Mikas manager, and he's quite good on the old camera, isn't he?:wink2:

Thanks to everyone for your reports, especially Mikalove and Angelcakes being first timers! (Can't remember if this is your first gig Angelcakes, but probably your first MFC report nonetheless!)

One smart lady Christine. My 2nd Mika gig (Sadler's Wells was my first), but my first proper MFC gig experience and it was AWESOME !!!! :naughty::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

220.jpg

223.jpg

247.jpg

262-1.jpg

Great pictures andi. I love the group one.

Thanks for posting the group photo Andi.

Thrilled to see I'm actually on that one. I was at the back and I'm 5 3. I was standing on tiptoes but I didn't think you would be able to see me. I was just happy knowing I was there.

So chuffed to see that :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Thanks for posting the group photo Andi.

Thrilled to see I'm actually on that one. I was at the back and I'm 5 3. I was standing on tiptoes but I didn't think you would be able to see me. I was just happy knowing I was there.

So chuffed to see that :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

you're more than welcome x lovely to meet you last night:wub2: