REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

The concert...

I was already pretty exhausted from the first half of the day!! Went home, ate, and took the bus to my friends house! I was so tired and sleepy, and my legs were already hurting from standing around all day!!

I didnt have time to change, but it was alrite as most people were wearing 'normal' clothes anyway.

We got to southampton at 6.45 (later than we had planned) and ended up on the wrong side of the building!! But the dude inside the building directed us to Bloomsbury Ballroom....

We got there and there was already a queue, so coz we were hungry we went and bought sandwiches and hurried back! :biggrin2:

At 7.45ish we were let inside the venue to queue up again!! And like people have said, it was a U shaped queue, and unfortunatly we were right in the middle!! SO when the doors opened, we were kinda at the back:mad3:, but we managed to work our way somehow to the frontish! Me and my friend are both really short, but we found a nice place next to Rose and Bex(x?)y (and if ur wondering, we weren't the two girls who pushed in front of them btw... :) )

Because it was a free gig, there were people who wernt really proper mika fans, and i really wanted to be somewhere where people would know the songs and enjoy it! luckily i had rose n bex(x?)y on my left (and rose was just bouncing away to every song! :boing: ) and these girls to my right who seemed to know the lyrics to most of the songs! Dont think they were mfcers though...

Well, I thought Mika performed amazingly well!! He just puts so much energy into it!!! And it kinda maked u wanna jump! lol Somehow, when he came on, my tiredness just dissapeared!!

During one song he said something about something that i didnt quite get....

He described something as 's***', when he was talking about his life (i think) and how hectic it was and it was nice to get back to work again..?? couldnt quite make out what he was saying!! :blink:

Anyway, i was singing along to all the songs, and somehow even knew half the lyrics to Dr. John!! :blink: The music was so loud, and we were right next to the speakers!!! (so my vids arent that good)

Mika really knows how to 'work the stage'....unfortunately!! :naughty: lol My camera takes a while to take pics, so when i press the button, and look at the screen mika's already on the other side of the stage!!!

We had eye contact twice!!! I know its not the same as being at the front and touching his hand, but it ment a lot to me! :blush-anim-cl:

When it finished they bowed, and went... :clap:

But from reading numerous gig reports, i knew he would come back!! :biggrin2:So when the crowd started shouting his name and stamping, he came back and preformed lollipop! But it was planned, coz during the performance huge ballons fell down!

Didnt get to stay for the M&G coz we had to get the tube back...

I cant wait for future Mika gigs!!!!! He is an amazing performer, and sounds great live!!! He puts all his effort into it!! I dont know how he does it!!:bow: I was so tired i only woke up at 1pm today!!! Felt my voice going towards the end of the gig, from all the singing and shouting! I really hope il have another chance to meet him properly! And hopefully next time il be able to tell him how amazing he is, and not just stand there grinning like an idot!! :doh:

Edited by agathaxxx

These Indian girls were at the ice cream van and Danika and I spotted them straight away. I remembered how they treated Mika on stage and Scala and even thinking of them makes my blood boil :roftl:

Whe Mika was having his interview done there was security there blocking people but those two girls were right there trying to get a good view of him and just wouldn't give him space.

At the gig when Katie and I were part of the crowd, one of them was right next to me trying to push her way to the front. I was so angry and I just shouted at her :aah: I was like "NO! You can't push your way to the front! We've been queueing up for ages and WE'RE not at the front, so you can suffer like the rest of us!" and she was like "oh but I need to find my sister and she's at the front" and I was like "I don't care, you shouldn't have seperated."

So the other side was on the other side of Katie and the two sisters "found" each other and the girl who was by Katie was like "I was at the front, someone down there has saved our space, I've found my sister and now we're going back." and I said "NO, because you're pushing in!" and she said "No I'm not because I have a spot" and I said "F*CK OFF, you are pushing in!"

and then she was like "I'm sorry if this upsets you but I've been to too many gigs to care where I stand" so I stand "Well stay where you are then!"

They ended up leaving that spot, and they managed to get a spot at a far corner NEAR the front, but not AT the front. Good, as well. Idiots! :furious:

Also when we were queueing up to meet Mika, the two Indian girls (and two other girls that pushed in front of BexxY at the gig) were surrounding the car which was right by the entrance. When they ended up moving, me, Rose and Daisy told them to join the back of the queue and to wait like the rest of us! I ended up saying that they could wait their turn like the rest of us.

Honest to God, I don't get angry often at all, I don't believe I've ever been angry on here, but those two girls really do get my knickers in a twist.

Me n my frend didnt like them either but for different reasons!!...:naughty:

They were talking to this really hot guy! (the guy was standing behind us for the ice cream queue) And we even saw them swapping contacts! Me n my friend were like wtf? Dunno what they were talking about, but he seemed to enjoy it and was laughing!! :annoyed_h4h:

no fair!!... we wanted to talk to him!!!! lol :wink2:

But on a serirous note, they did push foward when mika was doing the interview! Everyone else was normal, no pushing, screaming...

They sure know how to get mikas attention! Not in a good way though... :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

Me n my frend didnt like them either but for different reasons!!...:naughty:

They were talking to this really hot guy! (the guy was standing behind us for the ice cream queue) And we even saw them swapping contacts! Me n my friend were like wtf? Dunno what they were talking about, but he seemed to enjoy it and was laughing!! :annoyed_h4h:

no fair!!... we wanted to talk to him!!!! lol :wink2:

But on a serirous note, they did push foward when mika was doing the interview! Everyone else was normal, no pushing, screaming...

They sure know how to get mikas attention! Not in a good way though... :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

exactly :sneaky2:

i have 18 seconds of happy ending. i should really start properly recording the songs, but i just prefer to jump and dance :biggrin2:

OMG laura you will love the balloon video :roftl:!I am crying with laughter after seeing it, i was practically rowling on the floor. it is sooooo funny :roll1::roll1::roll1::roftl:

Yay! 18 seconds is wicked, just to spice things up a little bit.

I NEED to see that balloon video. I haven't got any sellotape in my room so I can't re-inflate it and I don't want to tie it because once it's gone down it's gone down, but if I tape it it'll be fine.

That was actually so obscene, the way it was blowing in my face, hahaha.

Speaking of obscene, the Indian girls that nobody likes seemed to hang around our group a lot of the time and I said quite loudly when they were hanging by us out of the queue for the M&G that they shouldn't be standing there when they're not welcome, but they didn't seem to notice. And I can't believe they were old enough to get into Scala, they look about 12. And if they were trying to push down the front then that's yet another reason for me to dislike them. BAH. I hope they're not going to be a regular occurrence at Mika gigs, cos I am gonna end up flipping out one day, especially if they try and push in front of me. Do they have no manners? For real they think they can just push in and try and queue jump on the M&G? NO WAY.

We got to Paul O'Grady and joined the "special queue" xD Fred was already there and so was Cassie and Rose, so I joined them (the others were nearer the front) and DaisyLou also joined us. Fred had a bottle of champagne for Mika to say thanks to him after everything he's done for us on behalf of MFC, which I thought was lovely, but security said he couldn't take it in so Fred had to leave it in reception. (I should really start calling him Dave lol). The lostintv guy was there who is LOVELY by the way, I don't know how many times I said thank you to him throughout my stay at the studios :aah:

Anyway, so we got let in and me, Fred, Cassie, DaisyLou, Rose and BexxY were on the lefthand side (but if you looked at the audience from the TV perspective we were on the right) about 4 rows up?

The warm up guy was hilarious, some darkish skinned black curly-ish haired man made us feel comfortable and made us laugh loads. Bit intimidating though, I didn't wanna be picked out by him cos he was very quick witted

Anyway the show started and I have to say Paul O'Grady is rather tall :shocked: I was expecting him to be quite short lol!

Anyway, I'm guessing you all know what happened on the show. It was really good, had a nice view, and when Mika came on to sing the whole audience (or MFC at least xD) practically shouted out the lyrics and we were dancing and clapping in our chairs. I was clapping throughout the entire song, I'm surprised I don't have bruises! Mika was a lot more confident on this show than he was on the Jonathon Ross show, he performed like he was at an actual gig in the studio, or that's what it seemed like anyway, I haven't watched the episode yet.

The show was lots of fun, just felt like you were at home watching it really

Oh, and that guy walking all over the mannequin? OH MY GOD?! He was amazing (with a delicious body may I add) and there no wires or anything. He was simply brilliant. My mouth was open the entire time xD (NOT drooling but from horror in case he fell! xD)

Anyway the show finished and we got a nodding Olga. I forgot to mention that at the ice cream van I asked Ross if we were allowed to take a gigantic poster home, and he gave me one. So, not only did I have to lug around two bags, I had this ginormous poster and now I had this dog in a box :aah:

When we got out I followed Freddie into reception to get the champagne back. The champagne was given to Rose and it became her duty to either give it to Mika herself or to give it to someone in his management.

We got a cab straight away and went to the venue.

There weren't many people there at all and managed to get with the MFCers who got there before us. Danika and I were busting for the toilet so we went to a café place...thing...but whilst we were doing our thing Mika turned up at the venue so we missed him :aah:

Ah well. We got back and it was starting to get dark really quickly. The soundcheck was really loud so we were singing away lol.

We got let in the venue and it's the most bizarre place ever, I recorded us going in. We started to queue inside and ended up by a bar. The sound check could be heard through the speakers so we started to sing again with bar staff dancing away xD Got that on camera too. Quite funny actually, cos we later found out that someone in the queue tweeted saying that there were some nutty Mika fans who already knew the words to the new songs and the record only came out today :aah: MFC kick ass!

The queue ended up snaking round and there was no security, so when the doors opened everyone squished through and they ran to the front. MFC would have got first and/or second row if things were civilised, but I believe only Sara and Daz were front row. Danika and Rose and others were several rows behind. I was with Katie in the centre but several rows back. I am really short so I couldn't see a thing, and I knew that everyone's hands would be in the air and my view would be even more restricted. Katie said we should just go to the back because the view would be better. I objected at first because I like being close, but admitted defeat and went to the back.

It was a shame to be honest actually because if people weren't so bloody rude...

So we joined Babs, Jemma, Daisy, Jules and Kev, Sarahlou (was there anyone else?)

Whilst we were waiting Ross came over and had a chat with me and Babs. He is really lovely. We ended up swapping contacts :-)

Mika came on and you know how it was, it was amazing.

The good thing about being at the back was that I didn't need to wear my high heels, so throughout the entire gig I was barefoot. Honestly, it's SUCH a relief! :aah: Also there was tons of space cos everyone was squished at the front, so we were able to do what the hell we liked. They all formed a row at the back and were dancing away but I went to left on my own because for me the view was alot better, so i raved on my own :aah: I still interacted with the MFCers and swapped sides and whatever, but most of the time I was on my own. But that was my own choice and I still had a really good time.

Also, I managed to say hello to Mama P and Andy was there with a girl enjoying the gig, and saw Fortuné, Zuleika and Yasmine watching the gig. Bless Fortuné, he was dancing away :roftl: Mama P was recording, and I think she was wearing the blue dress that she wore in Grace Kelly. But I could be wrong.

The only thing that got me down about this gig was that, because we were at the back, I did feel slightly detached. The atmosphere was completely different. There were times when I was dancing or doing actions with MFCers and not keeping my eye on Mika - who I was meant to be there for - and had to keep reminding myself that I was at a gig and not some party.

Though the good thing being at the back was that you had room to dance instead of being squished, and to be honest I enjoyed the freedom.

I prefer seated gigs :aah:

It was meant to be seated apparently :dunno:

part 3 coming up...

omg u said hi to mama p lol:teehee: btw who is andy and ross?? i probs have heard of them but i always seem to forget oh well. what does Fortuné look like?? cute im sure lol... you know im a similar age to him:naughty:

Well done Caz for telling those girls where to go lol :teehee: sounds like u all had a wicked time =) did u get a good spot caz?? oh n have u made a Vlog? :thumb_yello:xx

I've done pics and making the vlog right now. pics have uploaded to photobucket, so they'll be up in the next post!

Yay! 18 seconds is wicked, just to spice things up a little bit.

I NEED to see that balloon video. I haven't got any sellotape in my room so I can't re-inflate it and I don't want to tie it because once it's gone down it's gone down, but if I tape it it'll be fine.

That was actually so obscene, the way it was blowing in my face, hahaha.

Speaking of obscene, the Indian girls that nobody likes seemed to hang around our group a lot of the time and I said quite loudly when they were hanging by us out of the queue for the M&G that they shouldn't be standing there when they're not welcome, but they didn't seem to notice. And I can't believe they were old enough to get into Scala, they look about 12. And if they were trying to push down the front then that's yet another reason for me to dislike them. BAH. I hope they're not going to be a regular occurrence at Mika gigs, cos I am gonna end up flipping out one day, especially if they try and push in front of me. Do they have no manners? For real they think they can just push in and try and queue jump on the M&G? NO WAY.

I think I've got balloons in one of my videos. And those girls...maybe if we yell at them enough they'll learn :aah:

omg u said hi to mama p lol:teehee: btw who is andy and ross?? i probs have heard of them but i always seem to forget oh well. what does Fortuné look like?? cute im sure lol... you know im a similar age to him:naughty:

andy is mika's cameraman and ross is his manager's assistant. Or something. I only heard about him for the first time yesterday :aah:

I managed to get a sneaky pic of him but he looks better in person lol :roftl:

Rose also asked him what he was doing before the filming in Milan, or something or other, and Mika said he had no idea, and jokingly said *in a slightly bitter way when you jokingly moan about something* "Probably 8 hours of PROMO!!!"

:blink: Did Mika film in Milan?

Thanks all for report, videos and pics

Edited by Lucrezia

I've done pics and making the vlog right now. pics have uploaded to photobucket, so they'll be up in the next post!

I think I've got balloons in one of my videos. And those girls...maybe if we yell at them enough they'll learn :aah:

andy is mika's cameraman and ross is his manager's assistant. Or something. I only heard about him for the first time yesterday :aah:

I managed to get a sneaky pic of him but he looks better in person lol :roftl:

uhhh *getting strangely excited* :teehee: will you be uploading that pic on photobucket?? please:naughty: btw you are such a lucky girl:teehee::biggrin2: