REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Of course it is. Just like he had a scarf in our old colours draped on the frame of his bed. :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly! :thumb_yello:

I want to steal that makeup look. Wonder if I can talk anyone into doing it with me at an upcoming gig. :roftl:

I would do it with you -- come to NYC! :biggrin2:

And I should say, thanks everyone for all the photos and reports so far!

Sounds like an amazing time!

Great fun! Worth the rush up to London straight from work after Rose texted she thought there were spare tickets.

He was having fun too, but his voice was beginning to sound a bit strained :sad:, and he kept forgetting the words :roftl:

And I couldn't stay for the M&G as had to get train back home  :tears:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Private jokes aside, hahaaha...

Just got back to my room, stayed at my friend's afterwards and got about 3 hours sleep, have to leave for a lecture in 20 minutes and I'm completely knackered and had to do lots of running to catch my train...

But my GOD it was worth it.

Dead close to the front, got my album signed afterwards (though it smudged cos I was dumb and I closed it) and he looked at me and smiled and reduced me to a giggly mess in the way that he does.

Pictures and videos will be coming later on - I got Love Today, Happy Ending, We Are Golden, Rain, Billy Brown and maybe some others, I can't quite remember.

Lots of nice pictures as well, I'll stick them on photobucket and post the link.

I expected him to go off and change his trousers after they ripped, but either he's a proper trooper or a complete exhibitionist because he stayed on and let the rip go right down to his knee.

Can't say thank you enough to Sarah and Jenny for getting me a wristband, and I'm so glad I went.

I'll start uploads now.

I don't know where to start :aah: He was amazing ... Thank you so much Rose for getting me a wristband ... so glad I decided to come after work .... :wub2:

The show was just ..... :boing: He just seems to get better and better each time I see him ... It was abit manic at the start .... they let us into a bar before the gig ... and we could still see him soundchecking :lmfao: So we were all singing along ... the queue kind of wound round the bar area ... kind of wrapping back up to where the queue was forming ... but unfortunately the end of the queue was near the doors - so you can guess what happened when the doors finally opened .... I did end up shouting at some girl who was trying to push in as I knew she'd been at the end of the queue and told her to f off ... ended up in second row :) The stage was tiny ... as has been mentioned no barrier ... I counted a total of 10 people in the front row from one end to the other ... it was that small ... even being second row ... I was closer than I've ever been at a Mika gig ... I filmed everything ... for once ... :boing: Camera battery has died so I'm having to charge it up - so once I get home from work ... I'll start uploading the vids to YT ... I think it was during Big Girl his trousers split ... he went down on his knees during it and he must have realised what had happened cos' his face was a picture ... I didn't realise at the time what had happened ... but he kind of made it obvious .... My feet were killing me before he came on and I was feeling pretty ropey ... I actually thought with about 10 mins til' he came on that I would have to go and lose my place and sit down ... I felt that ill .... it just disappeared completely once he came on stage ... I don't what he has but he should flipping bottle it ... :wub2: I can't really sum up what he means to me ... it's pointless ... but I know you all get what I'm trying to say ... he's just a joy to watch ... and I feel honoured to have been there last night ... near the end he was leaning over and obviously people were trying to shake his hand - and he shook someone's hand near me ... so I put my hand out ... don't normally do that ... but he squeezed my hand too ... :fangurl: moment right there .... can't remember If I have that on film ... I hope so :aah:

The m&g was nice ... I didn't stay to the end so I hope it continued to be ok after we'd left ... but I got him to sign my CD and told him I loved the new album ... He grinned at me and said thank you :)

Oh and my feet started killing me again the moment we left to go and catch the tube ... I should have stayed with Mika lol ... strange but true :wink2:

Can't really think of anything else to add ... will post my videos as soon as I can .... They're not zoomed in either ... I couldn't ... he was too close :swoon:

think i had to much to drink :blink:

Oh yes ... I think you were ... Before Mika came out ... Sara was trying to guide you back across to us cos' you'd been on the other side of the road ... and you nearly fell on me .... :lmfao:

I think you were slightly trashed hun :wink2:

Oh yes ... I think you were ... Before Mika came out ... Sara was trying to guide you back across to us cos' you'd been on the other side of the road ... and you nearly fell on me .... :lmfao:

I think you were slightly trashed hun :wink2:

:arf2: hahahahahahahahaahaaha