REPORTS, PICS, VIDS: MIKA in London - Free show @The Bloomsbury Ballroom (21-9-2009)

Miro

Aw shame love these things happen. I'm sure people understand. I know a few people who were there and they haven't had a bad word to say about you. :huglove:

:shocked: yeah ok :naughty:

but im not going to say or done anything just want to 4get it and die in my own hand :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

:shocked: yeah ok :naughty:

but im not going to say or done anything just want to 4get it and die in my own hand :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

Only way to go is forward. What's done is done.

There will be other times :biggrin2: (to enjoy the gig, not experiencing that night all over again lol)

I am just posting now after my posts from last week when I was hoping that someone would be able to get me a ticket.

Danika texted me during the day saying that they would be tickets at the venue as they were not 350 at the ice cream van so I went there as quickly as possible after work.

It was a bit stressful as nobody at the venue seems to know where we could get the ticket, time changed but finally we've been asked to queue with the people with wristbands.

I saw quickly Daislylou, Babs, Danika and Jemma who I haven't seen for a while, very short but nice to see you again. :wink2:

I also met new MFCers, was lovely to meet you ladies!

After the queuing and the horrible pushing at the entrance, I enjoyed an amazing show. It's always a pleasure to see Mika on stage, he's amazing!!!!

It was also nice to meet him after the gig.

I'm glad I went to the venue after work, had a very good time there!

Now looking forward to UK dates to be announced!

Me and Luciano ( i dunno who's behind me and what they were doing with that hand! LOL)

053-1.jpg

That looks really funny, like Luciano has a 'little hand' and has put it on top of your head :lmao:

(a bit of enhancement in Photoshop though and you can see it is actually Jules hand lol.....she's playing with her hair)

BLOOMSBURY001.jpg

I'm not saying you have acted like that before lol, it was my first time meeting you so I wouldn't know :aah:

daisy said something like she gave you money but you didn't give her change or whatever? Best to take it up with her, really.

It's all sorted we messaged on Facebook :thumb_yello:

I wasn't gonna say anything on here hence facebook!!!

Not just my bag, you tried to nick my camera and ring Freddie with it!

It was just worrying as you were ok (like totally sober) one minute and not the next. You did say your wine was the one with vodka in it.???!!! You were drinking 2 to everyonelse's one, then going for more. Think lack of food and all the excitement didn't help.

I tried to wake you up and you wouldn't that scarey and was when Babs took over.

Just forget it Katie and move on is the best way. Leomonade next gig tho! :wink2:

xx

It's all sorted we messaged on Facebook :thumb_yello:

I wasn't gonna say anything on here hence facebook!!!

Not just my bag, you tried to nick my camera and ring Freddie with it!

It was just worrying as you were ok (like totally sober) one minute and not the next. You did say your wine was the one with vodka in it.???!!! You were drinking 2 to everyonelse's one, then going for more. Think lack of food and all the excitement didn't help.

I tried to wake you up and you wouldn't that scarey and was when Babs took over.

Just forget it Katie and move on is the best way. Leomonade next gig tho! :wink2:

xx

look i dont want to keep going on but i dont drink vodka cant even smell it :aah:

and i cant see the bar staff putting vodka in wine :shocked: that wouldnt happen as ive worked in pubs. but yeahh want to forget it now :blush-anim-cl:

Yep that whole pushing thing, i just knew that was going to happen as soon as the queue snaked back on itself. We had been in the queue since 5:30 so we were about 15 people from the front. As the door opened the first few people went through and then a group of people to the side of us(at the back of the que) started to push us. We pushed them back, one of my friends gave them a well placed elbow in the stomach and we managed to bundle through the door before them and get second row. But when i turned around the 3rd row was full of people who were at the back of the queue :furious:. Some people seriously are so self centered and only think about themselves and end up ruining it for others!!:( :(

OMG the 'next' girls. Those two from Scala. I dont even want to talk about them, they make me soooooooooo mad :furious::furious:

Hehe 'NEXT', those girls were annoying, and kind of rude. Cant believe it has taken me almost a week to come on and read all the posts bout the gig, what a bad Mika fan!!

But even if it is almost week late, would just like to add what a great gig it was. I have never been so close at a Mika show, the eye contact he gave us all was amazing, and the big grin i got of him in the M&G turned me to a complete giggling mess.

Was great to meet laura (Jazzy) and kevin, cant wait for the Londontour now.

Hehe 'NEXT', those girls were annoying, and kind of rude. Cant believe it has taken me almost a week to come on and read all the posts bout the gig, what a bad Mika fan!!

But even if it is almost week late, would just like to add what a great gig it was. I have never been so close at a Mika show, the eye contact he gave us all was amazing, and the big grin i got of him in the M&G turned me to a complete giggling mess.

Jennyyyyyy!! I'm so glad to have introduced the concept of 'nexting' to you all, it's absolutely fab. Any time I see those girls I will give it a proper NEEEEEEEXT.

Was great to meet you too, and we are totally going to party it up on the future London gigs - you, Sarah, Kevin and I are going to be hardcore MFCers (and giggling fools, undoubtedly). :biggrin2:

Right I am gonna finish this once and for all! :thumb_yello: Dunno why I am bothering tbh but hey ho!

---BLOOMSBURY BALLROOM---CONT!!!

...The atmosphere was more relaxed i felt than at other gigs i have been too. There was quite a few family and friends there who were lovely and all spoke..even tho I am just a "Fan".

Someone you might recognise!..Who Is She???

031-1.jpg

Away from the front we had loads of space to dance...

Cazgirl!

044-1.jpg

Andy and Phillipa enjoying themselves...

047-1.jpg

Katie and Caz

038-1.jpg

Iain Watt who never took his coat off all night!!

049-1.jpg

and people were going to the bar and going back to where they were without any hassle at all.

I asked security if was ok if could see Rose and Bexxy and he said "Yeah,Cors Go for it!"...The first time I just said hi and looked up and that was when his trousers split!...nothing to do with me!!!!

As you have read MIKA took it all in his stride and continued to dance with Sara (thank goodness for double sided tape huh?)...they are sooo cool together so impromptu the dancing but looked fab!

I couldn't believe how good his vocals were considering he had recorded GMTV (yep wasn't live!), the ice cream van, then Paul O Grady then that gig..and I thought being a popstar sounded fun!..maybe it isn't!

I felt he was as happy performing that night as much as we were listening and watching him. He looked amazing and sparkly things defo suit him...couldn't stay long as back hurt so went for a sit down.

This is gonna sound sucky and I don't wanna as they all know I am not like that...but Thanks to the guys who made me feel "normal" that night. When I am out it takes that much out of me and I know I am gonna be ill that I DO make the most of it as I dunno when i will be well enough to enjoy myself again....Right Enough Said and done!

so the show was coming to an end..and was time for Lollipop! i really wanted a balloon as everytime i have had one they pop before i manage to get them signed. i went to see Bexxy and Rosie again and had a giggle with the lady with red hair about where to stick our confetti so it wouldn't fall out..she was soooo funny. then a balloon hit me on the head she grabbed it and i was sooo pleased..I HAD A BALLOON that was whole!!.I know small things for small minds! :roftl:

I couldn't see so I was going back to the back again when someone touched my arm...it was Rory Bremner!

TBH I think he must have thought I was someonelse as we chatted like he knew me. He is such a nice guy.

I got back to the chairs and noticed Babs and Katie weren't there she was feeling rather ill and had gone outside.

The show finished after the encores and as everyone was leaving I spoke with the P's then we all went out to find Babs and Katie. I saw Kath for the first time that night and we spoke for a bit...found out a few things I never knew about Kath's Secret Other Life :wink2:

Babs was being a star with Katie and I joined the queue with Rose and Bexxy for a M+G.

Stood behind us was a delicious *in every way*.....*eh MIKA??* Brazilian guy called Luciano!...we hit it off straight away so we all chatted till MIKA came.

Bexxy and Luciano

052-1.jpg

Me and Luciano ( i dunno who's behind me and what they were doing with that hand! LOL)

053-1.jpg

My BALLLLLOOOOOON!!

060-1.jpg

Sara and the other girl (who I am not sure of her name) came out first and we hugged and she said she heard me shouting her and had waved at me..aww she is adorable and sooooo talented!

Then MIKA came out...he was in good humour but looked absolutely knackered. I nearly offered him so Pro Plus as his eyes looked so heavy...still as gorgeous as ever tho, he proceeded along the line, chatted then signed my balloooon! Yay! Mission accomplished! and also my WAG cd.

I said how much I had enjoyed the day and he did the whole wrinkle nose thing and said "Thanks.. a...." he was about to say something when Rose asked him something for Avoca..I pointed to Rose and he turned and answered her. I said "It's ok" and he smiled...soooo cute!

He went along behind us and then Luciano said "Noooo," he in all the excitement had forgotten to get Meeks to sign his tshirt! He then grabbed my hand and said "come on we will try and catch the end of the queue before he goes." The queue was huuuuuuuge!

Meeks was starting to wilt (more than I was) and it was getting late so John told us to come around the car as he wouldn't get to everyone now. Luciano was so sad - as like we have all done (those that met him) wished we had said or done but the excitement wave takes over.

MIKA came to our part of the queue looked at Luciano all wide eyed and they had a "MIKA MOMENT" even tho there were people there waiting to get stuff signed...:roftl: He signed his shirt so all was well.

I said "Congratulations on your special album release day!" M replied all smiley "Oh Daisy Thank You! You are the only one who remembered!"...I think he meant the only person to mention it as everyone was saying how good the show was!...I then had my own Fangurl moment. He then got in the car that was him gone for the night.

We just hung about all chatting..people were starting to leave now. As we passed the door the band came out! so was all hugs and happiness with them all..Cherisse, Dan, David and the hilariously gorgeous Martin..I adore that guy! John and more family came out so Goodbyes all round.

Luciano and I drifted off into the dark skies, hand in hand....actually to the closest bar!

Had a drink, the bar closed, he hailed me a cab and I went to bed the most exhausted I think I have ever been...very sore but extremely happy!...the happiest I have been in a long time.

Thanks MIKA and here's hoping TBWKTM goes as far if not further than LICM!!

*raises a glass of Ribena*

THE END!

x x x

lovely report daisy! glad you had such a great time!

I know now who you are talking about.

Last Monday, when I was waiting for the gig to start, I hear some people talking behing me, asked what was going on. The lady behind me show me one these girls who just asked her to move so she could have a better view.

Of course, everybody is going to let you go through...

Jennyyyyyy!! I'm so glad to have introduced the concept of 'nexting' to you all, it's absolutely fab. Any time I see those girls I will give it a proper NEEEEEEEXT.

Was great to meet you too, and we are totally going to party it up on the future London gigs - you, Sarah, Kevin and I are going to be hardcore MFCers (and giggling fools, undoubtedly). :biggrin2:

:biggrin2::roftl:I seriously cannot wait. I hope they announce the dates soon, need to do some planning.

Im currently making a mika show video, full of little clips from the show. I will post on here when it is complete :biggrin2:

:biggrin2::roftl:I seriously cannot wait. I hope they announce the dates soon, need to do some planning.

Im currently making a mika show video, full of little clips from the show. I will post on here when it is complete :biggrin2:

Yay!! Mika clips! Because I never have enough of him in my life!!

LOL guess how spontaneous and reckless I am?

I'll skip ahead assuming your answer will be something along the lines of 'I don't know Laura, how spontaneous and reckless are you?' and I'm going to say VERY because I'm going to the Vienna show in March. :biggrin2: Am I silly?

I know now who you are talking about.

Last Monday, when I was waiting for the gig to start, I hear some people talking behing me, asked what was going on. The lady behind me show me one these girls who just asked her to move so she could have a better view.

Of course, everybody is going to let you go through...

What a cheek!

We'll have to watch out for them on the UK tour.