dcdeb

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, I think I'm ready for my report. :naughty:

Shady and I didn't have a smooth journey on the way to Antwerp. We got stuck in a traffic jam just after we crossed the border. When we finally reached Antwerp we followed the signs Parking Sportpaleis, which led us (eventually, after some sight seeing :teehee:) to the back of the venue. Surprise, that carpark was closed due to construction work. But we managed to get to the front and join the others in the queue at about 13:50. We got numbers 56 and 57.

Q-ing was fun, very relaxed, cold but not uncomfortable. We were able to walk around a little, have a lot of nice chats. Ingie and Miek did a memorable cover of Kick Ass :roftl: Mrs. P. came out late, to pick the LG's and BG's.

Katrien and one of the French girls did a great job on forming an orderly queue and I was happily surprised to see how well behaved everyone entered. No running, and when it took Shady some time to descend the stairs, due to the bad lighting, the people who were behind us stayed behind us. :thumb_yello: We ended up front row, to the left, opposite of Martin, and next to Nevil and her sister.

And then the waiting started. I have to be honest, there was a support act, but I think they were dj-ing, 'cos the only people on stage were the guys working on the equipment. I don't know when they started, all I know is that finally the music stopped.

to be continued...

... last part

At the entrance of the band, one by one, the crowd was cheering. I like that intro, they play their parts well and I love the slow motion bit when the space module explodes. But when Mika started his walk through space it was like the entire venue exploded. Boy, so loud. :aah:

Mika spoke a lot in both French and Dutch. And he must have been practising, his pronunciation has improved a lot. :naughty:

What else is there to tell? It should be enough to say I couldn't stop smiling after the gig. :wub2:

I am so impressed by his singing. I only went to an acoustic gig before, where his singing was truly great. But seeing him jump up and down, dance, wrestling with Jimmy and his voice doesn't falter: :swoon:

Over My Shoulder was so beautiful. I got all teary. His voice was superb. And I had a great view, it was a treat to see him using his entire body while singing. I don't know anything about singing techniques, but to me it looked like the sound vibrated through his entire body. :fangurl:

You could see Mika enjoying the gig. He was smiling a lot, jumping enthusiastic when we sang "our" parts and seemed touched towards the end.

The band is a very nice extra. Imma and Jimmy are great fun, I think they give the audience an extra boost with their performance. I like all the little acts during the show, like the shooting the band part with Martin trying to sneak off stage and Mika going after him. Or the way Ida pushes Mika down at the end of her intro for GGG and how they change their roles when he starts singing. And Mika hanging the puppet on Jimmy's guitar and wrestling him to the floor when Jimmy came after him.

About 40 people waited at the backstage lounge for a meet & greet. Mika was very tired, so the M&G was quick, but he managed to do it without seeming to be in a hurry. He signed my program book. I thanked him for the amazing gig, and the silly boy thanked me in return. :wub2:

Here’s finally my (short) report. For me this was one of the best gigs ever! There were like 15000 people there and everyone was dancing and singing along. My parents had seated places and they said it was amazing to see! I had the feeling that Mika was also very happy! :wub2:

I arrived after work so I hadn’t a lot of time to talk to everyone. It was great to see you all back my dear MFC’ers! It’s a pity we couldn’t talk a lot. And Kate, hopefully we’ll see each other back soon! Mama P came and some people were chosen for LG/BG etc

Inside the venue we didn’t realize that the support act started :naughty: It was a dj or something. But then finally MIKA came and from the first until the last second the audience was super-excited! Really amazing, Mika talked a lot of Dutch which was very cute :wub2: I hadn’t seen any pics or videos in advance so for me the show was a total surprise. It was amazing, loved every bit of it. I’d never seen something like this before! I was very impressed! In the end Mika came back and sang Relax for a second time :wub2: Mika & band were amazing‼ It’s a pity I had to leave soon after the gig because of the tram.

I had soooo much fun & I’ll never ever forget this beautiful gig :fangurl:

An impression of the audience :naughty:

386906130.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting!! :wub2: I'm not over it yet :aah: Best gig ever!!

I was very emotional that night. I was there very late because of work and when I arrived and I saw all my MFC-friends back it was all a bit overwhelming. I wanted to talk to everyone, but there wasn't a lot of time. Mika & band were so great, loved seeing how happy he was. At the moment before over my shoulder I almost started crying :aah::blush-anim-cl: I can't imagine my life before Mika & MFC anymore :wub2:

My pics aren't that good :teehee: I'll post them in a minute;

I was very emotional that night. I was there very late because of work and when I arrived and I saw all my MFC-friends back it was all a bit overwhelming. I wanted to talk to everyone, but there wasn't a lot of time. Mika & band were so great, loved seeing how happy he was. At the moment before over my shoulder I almost started crying :aah::blush-anim-cl: I can't imagine my life before Mika & MFC anymore :wub2:

I think I'll never be over it :naughty: I didn't see any of the MFC-ers... I saw crazy happy people at the front, I guess those were some of the MFC. I wish I was there, at the front, but I had seated places... Next time I'll get standing places!!

I almost died of happiness when he sang Over My Shoulder :wub2:

These are the rest of my photos:

I think I'll never be over it :naughty: I didn't see any of the MFC-ers... I saw crazy happy people at the front, I guess those were some of the MFC. I wish I was there, at the front, but I had seated places... Next time I'll get standing places!!

yeah, that was the MFC :teehee::wub2:

OMS was soooo beautiful :wub2: gonna watch your pics :)

Are you going to TW Classic?

yeah, that was the MFC :teehee::wub2:

OMS was soooo beautiful :wub2: gonna watch your pics :)

Are you going to TW Classic?

I was thinking about it, because my dad says it's going to be difficult to go to the Eden Sessions in England... He said I can look for another gig, and I would love to go to TW :biggrin2:

Edited by IngeGOLDEN

I was thinking about it, because my dad says it's going to be difficult to go to the Eden Sessions in England... He said I can look for another gig, and I would love to go to TW :biggrin2:

oooh, great :thumb_yello:

An impression of the audience

386906130.jpg

:wub2:

:huglove: It was great!

Yes, that was us :roftl:

theres only part 2 of love today???:teehee:

Yeah, because we were talking about the "Ik ben dood"-part and I had to split the video up anyway (too long) so I just uploaded the end :aah: The rest is on its way :bleh:

Sorry for not reacting sooner btw, but my laptop gave up right then and I was too tired to start it all up again :teehee: That's why there was also no Grace Kelly video, I was uploading it and it needed another minute but well...

Here it is now:

Don't know when I'll do the other videos, I have too much to do! (3 gigs and pics from Amsterdam) I don't know what to do first! :lmfao:

awww, thanks. It really was the best gig ever!! It was perfect :wub2:

Oh really?:shocked: The best gig ever? I mean the last gig always seems to be the best gig in our memories:wink2: