REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Amsterdam @ HMH - 7 May, 2010

He was already in Amsterdam on thursday :biggrin2:. So I guess he visited some pubs thursday night.

How is it possible that other people (like you:wink2:) seem to know way more things then I do? How on earth do you know that Mika was in Amsterdam on Thursday already? Where you on 'kroegentocht' with him?:naughty:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it possible that other people (like you:wink2:) seem to know way more things then I do? How on earth do you know that Mika was in Amsterdam on Thursday already? Where you on 'kroegentocht' with him?:naughty:

Miek and Ingie and I were in Antwerp where he told us he would be heading to Amsterdam after the meet and great :wink2:.

Alexander: did you take pictures Friday? Would you like to contribute to the Q book (work title :bleh:)?

Yes I was. He called me to join him to some pubs :naughty: Very nice fella he is. We had so much fun. :aah:

Miek and Ingie and I were in Antwerp where he told us he would be heading to Amsterdam after the meet and great :wink2:.

Alexander: did you take pictures Friday? Would you like to contribute to the Q book (work title :bleh:)?

Okay then. Miek told me what he had said in Antwerp. :wink2:

I just took some pictures in the grand cafe. about 5 pieces. I will send them to you when I'm home.

Sigh .... I think the sign of a good gig is when you truely miss everyone and it makes you want to do it all again .. and dammy did that for me :wub2:

So ... we started on the Q list early , what was it like 6 in the morning? :boxed: I was thinking after 3 hours sleep .. ohh boy this hurts :roftl: .. So I would just like to say that for making the Q so so easy and also for the help when we were trying to organise cakes etc and not enough hands .. in fact thanks to everyone .. you cant make the day go this smooth without some real team effort :biggrin2:.

The gig was amazingggggg ... as soon as he saw us the biggest smile ever came on his face , then he shot me ... I was like uuppsss Ive been spotted :blink: , then .. on stage .. it really gets no better :biggrin2: , totally unexpected and what a blast.:wub2:

Imma and Jimmy were right in front of me and the first couple of rows were truely going nuts .. next time we need to spread that love back a few rows.

So ... I always loved dammy , you people are so warm and friendly ... thanks for making a brit feel so at home :wub2:

Sigh .... I think the sign of a good gig is when you truely miss everyone and it makes you want to do it all again .. and dammy did that for me :wub2:

So ... we started on the Q list early , what was it like 6 in the morning? :boxed: I was thinking after 3 hours sleep .. ohh boy this hurts :roftl: .. So I would just like to say that for making the Q so so easy and also for the help when we were trying to organise cakes etc and not enough hands .. in fact thanks to everyone .. you cant make the day go this smooth without some real team effort :biggrin2:.

The gig was amazingggggg ... as soon as he saw us the biggest smile ever came on his face , then he shot me ... I was like uuppsss Ive been spotted :blink: , then .. on stage .. it really gets no better :biggrin2: , totally unexpected and what a blast.:wub2:

Imma and Jimmy were right in front of me and the first couple of rows were truely going nuts .. next time we need to spread that love back a few rows.

So ... I always loved dammy , you people are so warm and friendly ... thanks for making a brit feel so at home :wub2:

Can't remember you :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Read some reports and had a look at some pics!! Love the Queue pictures the best!! Awesome that sooo many dressed up! Love it! :thumb_yello: Glad you all had fun, & glad that Tiibet made it in! Thank God for John.

Great, thank you :thumb_yello:.

If anyone wants to contribute but hasn't got my email address yet, let me know in this thread (or through a visitors messages, my PM box is often full :bleh:) and I'll PM you my address.

Great idea Monie, I'll try to find some pics!

I made an 'Alice and Wonderland' drawing with Mika on it, maybe you can use it too.

Do you know that on other concerts (I mean for example the summer festivals) are always some meet and greet session,too? I am wondering to going to pinkpop or to France, but that is so different and also in the middle of the day and I am not quite sure, where would be a meet and greet on that locations... I am reading your posts and I feel so dumb that I didn't wait there after the HMH show, but I had no idea how it works so I went home... :boxed:

Can't remember you :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Me neither, were you dressed up? :mf_rosetinted:

Great idea Monie, I'll try to find some pics!

I made an 'Alice and Wonderland' drawing with Mika on it, maybe you can use it too.

Oooh, your beautiful drawing, yes please, I would love to have it in the book!

Do you know that on other concerts (I mean for example the summer festivals) are always some meet and greet session,too? I am wondering to going to pinkpop or to France, but that is so different and also in the middle of the day and I am not quite sure, where would be a meet and greet on that locations... I am reading your posts and I feel so dumb that I didn't wait there after the HMH show, but I had no idea how it works so I went home... :boxed:

The first time I went to a Mika gig I didn't know about the meet and greet either and went home too. He usually comes out after a gig (tho that is no guarantee that you'll be able to talk to him since there are usually a lot of people waiting but you can always try). Sometimes he doesn't, when he is ill or something but usually he does.

I don't know if there will be a meet and greet at festivals, I am going to Pinkpop but I am not counting on a meet and greet.

Aha:aah:

Yes I was. He called me to join him to some pubs :naughty: Very nice fella he is. We had so much fun. :aah:

Okay then. Miek told me what he had said in Antwerp. :wink2:

hahahaha:naughty:

Yesterday when I was looking at pics from the Qing and at Mika's tour book I got an idea. Our costumes were great, there are some great pictures of them and it was such a special day that I want to make a Q book a la tour book (in case you are interested as well).

Of course I will need your help, since I would like to have photo's in high quality. My idea is to let everyone who wants to participate send me a few of their best pictures and then combine them to a beautiful book (my b/f who is a web designer will advise me about the layout). It can be photo's about people putting their make up on, getting dressed, wearing the clothes, gathering together, Mika signing stuff for them etc. As long as it is mainly about the dress up theme.

I don't want to make this book for Mika (tho if it turns out good I might give him a copy) but for ourselves.

Of course these days everyone can make their own photo book easily. But I thought a combined album would be nice. What do you think of this idea?

Oh my dear Monie, such a great idea! Annemaaike and I will contribute! We have a drawing of the design, photo's of the making in all stages and Annemaaike waring her dress!

Will try to send you our contribute as soon as possible!

Oh my dear Monie, such a great idea! Annemaaike and I will contribute! We have a drawing of the design, photo's of the making in all stages and Annemaaike waring her dress!

Will try to send you our contribute as soon as possible!

:thumb_yello:

By the way, we have a little story to tell! After the gig we too were waiting outside for Mika to come! And I hoped to see Imma and Jimmy, for I had stroopwafels for them! Before Jimmy came out I had asked John if J and I were coming out of the building. John answered with yes, they'll be there! Jimmy came out, but as you all know he didn't stay too long. We were standing on the far end of the line, shouted at him, but I don't think he heard!

After Mika's leaving I spoke John again and told him about the stroopwafels and asked him if he could take them inside and give them to Jimmy and Imma. Lovely as he is, he responded with asking me: "Sure I can take them, but don't you want to give it to them your self? With how many are you? Follow me!

On our way in I had a lovely conversation with John. Inside he braught us upstairs and there they were! All bandmembers.

Jimmy said hi to us with 3 kisses and a hug, Imma did the same! And they both liked their little gift.

After a while Cherese and David joined us. Jimmy made some pictures, everyone signed the scrapbook of Annemaaike and Jimmy showed us his photo's of Breakfast on his I-Phone. And after say 20 minutes we said goodbeye and went outside again!

This was a perfect ending of a lovely day! Thank you all for being there, it made my day!

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0158.jpg

Edited by Jojotje

By the way, we have a little story to tell! After the gig we too were waiting outside for Mika to come! And I hoped to see Imma and Jimmy, for I had stroopwafels for them! Before Jimmy came out I had asked John if J and I were coming out of the building. John answered with yes, they'll be there! Jimmy came out, but as you all know he didn't stay too long. We were standing on the far end of the line, shouted at him, but I don't think he heard!

After Mika's leaving I spoke John again and told him about the stroopwafels and asked him if he could take them inside and give them to Jimmy and Imma. Lovely as he is, he responded with asking me: "Sure I can take them, but don't you want to give it to them your self? With how many are you? Follow me!

On our way in I had a lovely conversation with John. Inside he braught us upstairs and there they were! All bandmembers.

Jimmy said hi to us with 3 kisses and a hug, Imma did the same! And they both liked their little gift.

After a while Cherese and David joined us. Jimmy made some pictures, everyone signed the scrapbook of Annemaaike and Jimmy showed us his photo's of Breakfast on his I-Phone. And after say 20 minutes we said goodbeye and went outside again!

This was a perfect ending of a lovely day! Thank you all for being there, it made my day!

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0158.jpg

:shocked: You were so lucky !!!

We saw Mika leave but I wondered where the rest of the band was. But they were still inside.

After seeing the video of Lollipop I feel so stupid that I did not see him putting his hand out and just ignored him:roftl: I could have his strong arm pull me up:wub2:

Whatevah I'm just hard to get:mf_rosetinted:

Mwahahaha I just read a review that said: "It's obvious Mika's getting a little old as he doesn't run around the stage anymore"

FFS, the guy's almost 27 not 67:roftl:

Edited by IngievV

Mwahahaha I just read a review that said: "It's obvious Mika's getting a little old as he doesn't run around the stage anymore"

Phah, they make it sound like he was using a walking stick or something :aah:

Aww, Wonkas at the show tonight, so we'll have to wait for a Mika on a Zimmerframe pic!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:shocked: He does run around!

Jojootje, you story is amazing, lucky you :thumb_yello:.

Phah, they make it sound like he was using a walking stick or something :aah:

:aah::roftl:

He doesn't run around anymore, did I miss something.:shocked: