REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ TW Classic Werchter, Belgium: 12-JUL-2010

dcdeb

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that is was there and i was AMAZING, small report and a few pics will follow shortly, have to sort them out first, :teehee:because lots of my pics look like crap:aah:

short report, maybe a longer one later!

:mf_lustslow::wub2::woot_jump::mf_lustslow::wub2:

I was so happy they used the flowers!

and when they played Kick Ass! :wub2:

He started on the piano with GK!

He was so active, dancing and jumping like crazy :aah:

Apparently he got on stage with the BEP but some of us decided to go home so I'd like to see a vid of that aswell :aah:

It was the first time I met some MFCers and it was really fun and lovely to meet all of them!

although I might have looked like the shy girl :teehee:

When Mika was on, there were 3 girls screaming and making us all deaf behind us. We turned around several times but they didn't stop untill the end. We could barely hear Mika sing at some points! :sneaky2:

Thanks for the first report!! So he started with GK on the piano just like in the acoustic tour, niiiiice:wub2:

TW was awesome :wub2: I had so much fun!! We were standing at the front so we had a great view :thumb_yello: It was amazing, loved almost every band, but Mika was the best! Amazing show, great atmosphere, everyone was very enthusiastic :) He started with an acoustic version of GK. And I was sooo happy to hear Kick Ass :fangurl:

am uploading my pics & videos now :)

I found a first vid!!!!! It's filmed from far back and you can't see much, but at least it gives us a very first impression! :boing:

Mika and band appear on stage from the left at around 2.45min...:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

I just love how Mika jumps and dances around like crazy, just like the LG/BGs in his own show!!! :thumb_yello::lmfao:

Can't wait for better vids of this legendary moment!!! :boing:

Me too! I'm so thrilled. I like the BEP!

Like in Spain, he changed the lyrics of We are Golden, and sang "I'm gonna KILL myself" instead of "hurt".

He said he wanted to start the show differently, and would like to avoid wrong notes as he made often mistakes recently. So he started with "Grace Kelly".

Like in Spain, he changed the lyrics of We are Golden, and sang "I'm gonna KILL myself" instead of "hurt".

He said he wanted to start the show differently, and would like to avoid wrong notes as he made often mistakes recently. So he started with "Grace Kelly".

yes i noticed he said "kill myself" in Murcia,but i think he always does that when he sings live,doesn´t him??

did he start with grace kelly?? amazing openning!!!:mf_lustslow:

I found a first vid!!!!! It's filmed from far back and you can't see much, but at least it gives us a very first impression! :boing:

Mika and band appear on stage from the left at around 2.45min...:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

I just love how Mika jumps and dances around like crazy, just like the LG/BGs in his own show!!! :thumb_yello::lmfao:

Can't wait for better vids of this legendary moment!!! :boing:

GOOOOOOOOO Mika :pbjt:

That man can jump around :boing:

Cant wait for a better one!!!!

So we arrived at the festivalterrain around 16u30. We couldn't be there much earlier and that wasn't so bad, after all, jumping around and dancing from one pm until midnight is hard to keep up with for a 25-year-old like me :teehee:. We had our raincoats with us, but luckily, we ended up only having to use them to sit on during the breaks. Good thing we had lot's of beverages with us, because singing and dancing in that weather makes you really really thirsty! :naughty:

We saw Daan perform, which was pretty good. I saw him a few times before for free, but didn't really like his performance back then, so I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere around the festival-goers was great, but the skin of some of them was so red - purple, that you could have sworn you would smell burned meat if you passed them by..

After that, Amy Macdonald came on stage, who - besides a funny Scottish accent - has a great voice. It was pretty good but personally I think lot's of her songs sound alike, maybe not ideal for a festival (although many others seem to disagree). So much more festival worthy were the Scissor Sisters in my opinion, what an energy flew from those two! Even though we didn't know many of their songs, we were dragged into the performance and really enjoyed it.

An then of course, there was the long awaited Mika! :biggrin2: By that time we had managed to get to the first rows behind the VIP part, so had a very good view of the stage. It was the second performance of him I got to see since I was blown away by his concert in Antwerp earlier this year. I feared it would be a poor imitation of that concert, but boy, was I wrong!! :shocked:

It started off with an acoustic version of Grace Kelly, which sounded fantastic. Mika looked a little nervous at that time. Suddenly the whole band joined in, the effect of that made my heart beat even ten times faster! The whole time I couldn't get the huge smile off my face, it was utterly amazing! The whole crowd went wild, and the sturdy security guy who tried so hard to look like he didn't care, couldn't keep his eyes off the stage after a while! :aah:

I loved Mika's funny dance moves, the way he was hugging the beautiful huge doll with a shirt just like his, and how his voice gave me goosebumps at that moment, I loved the moment he was sitting down with his knees up which made him look so vulnerable, etc. etc.

We danced and smiled during the whole show, enjoying every part of it. The only downsides to his performance were that he didn't sing "I see you", oh, and maybe that he didn't take his shirt of..:naughty:

After Mika, the Black Eyes Peas showed up. After dancing for a while, we decided - with heavy harts - to go home a bit earlier to avoid the traffic jams in the parking lot; after all my friend had to go to work very early the next morning. Sadly that made us miss the part where Mika came back on stage :sad:, so I'm impatiently looking forward to see that on video!

When I woke up this morning, I still had that fantastic dreamy feeling, again only leaving me wanting more!! :aah::aah:

Edited by madame blanche

LOOK AT OUR LOVELY MIKA HOP BALL!!!!! :boing:

(Attention, sound is awful! :aah:)

:roftl:

I love how the say in the end: "Thank you Mika for the inspiration and for your beautiful music!" (or something like that :aah:)

:wub2:

Edited by Nightbird

I love how the say in the end: Thank you Mika for the inspiration and all your beautiful music!" (or something like that :aah:)

Awesome!!

I love how the say in the end: "Thank you Mika for the inspiration and for your beautiful music!" (or something like that :aah:)

thank you kath!! amazing!!! :mf_lustslow: