REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ TW Classic Werchter, Belgium: 12-JUL-2010

dcdeb

Hi all , here's my report

First of all I think it's amazing how, even in a festival ,the stage turns into a bright colorful 'decor', that is so beautiful ,so Mika, it simply makes you :mf_lustslow: even before he gets on stage...

So he announced to start in a different way this time and did this with GK

on the piano ; really lovely :wub2:

I'm not going into details (sure there'll be other reports doing that) Mika did what he had to do , great as always , got the whole crowd singing and dancing ,I was so happy he did 'kick ass' absolutely adored it, how could anyone seeing this not love him :aah:

I really don't want to say anything bad about it , still I personally missed

a very little bit of the fire in Mika,the emotion and energy ,I saw in Antwerp :teehee:

Anyway there really was fire when he jumped and danced on stage with the BEP, that was so ...I don't know how to describe this...SUPERFANTASTIC

He looked so happy and enjoying !!!!!

Thank you Mika for this great night !!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2::wub2:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOK AT OUR LOVELY MIKA HOP BALL!!!!! :boing:

(Attention, sound is awful! :aah:)

:roftl:

I love how the say in the end: "Thank you Mika for the inspiration and for your beautiful music!" (or something like that :aah:)

:wub2:

A little bit of Happy Ending :wub2:

Trumpet solo

Danke, Kathi...:huglove:

And :yay: for the hop ball...:mf_rosetinted:

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that is was there and i was AMAZING, small report and a few pics will follow shortly, have to sort them out first, :teehee:because lots of my pics look like crap:aah:

Ooh Ilse, we're still looking forward to it all! Even when they look like crap! Just post the best ones then, huh? And I would really love to hear how much you enjoyed last night...:wink2:

I love how the say in the end: "Thank you Mika for the inspiration and for your beautiful music!" (or something like that :aah:)

YEAH!!!:roftl:

oooohh... how adorable!!!:teehee::wub2:

Hmmm maybe I should start liking them again....even though their last cd sucked:roftl:

IT WAS GREAT!

Btw, I have vid (phone quality, but from close!) from Mika dancing w/Fergie etc. And Mika dancing on IGAF, hilarious! I'll post it later :)

The opening, Kick Ass, the security who got pissed on Mika because he had to stop, ... Haaaaa, fantastic!

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boing:

Werchter knows how to partayyyyyyyy

Will write report + upload pics (I was not close to the stage, but I made some good pics of the screen)

Wowowowowowowow. And BEP was soooo amazing too! And Mika on stage with them! So cuteeee

Here comes my 'long' report :teehee:

I left home early to take the train to Brussels where I took the train with some MFcers on it (Funkycowgirl, Ilse1983, Celien, ...). we arrived in Leuven quite early so it wasn't that crowded yet. We waited for Yooligan and Bienie and then we head off to the bus. (It was raining and there was thunder :mf_rosetinted:)

after the short ride we had a 30min walk ahead of us...in the pouring rain.

Luckily it stopped short after we arrived at the entrance. After half an hour doors opened and when we were inside we'd already lost Bienie :aah: turned out she was standing at the stage already :teehee:

We managed to get a great spot ( we laid out ponchos so we got enough space to sit during the performances, which was nice! ) and we shuffled forward when people left so when Mika was on we were not front row, but pretty close so we got a good view of the whole stage.

I really like Arid and the Scissor Sisters :teehee:

The Scissor Sisters's performance was really energetic and everyone was dancing and jumping.

But after the SS it was time for Mika! Waiting took long :aah:

It was funny to see they needed the whole 45mins to get the stage ready :teehee:

Mama P came out to choose people to get on stage (some MFCers got chosen).

And then it started! From the start everyone was jumping and singing ! and then some girls behind us started screaming every 5sec :sneaky2:

I got goosebumps when they started to play Kick Ass :wub2:

At some point he made the audience do 'mmmm' which was a bit odd, because that's something you can't do very loudly :aah:

At the end he ignored the fact that he needed to stop and played an extra song (Relax). The BG/LGs stayed on stage during it and had to sit down for the beginning of Relax and jump up when Mika told them too.

When it was over I joined some MFCers to find out where Mika'd come out. But it turned out we first had to walk for half an hour and even then it wasn't sure if we were at the right spot or if he'd still be there. and we had a train to catch! Some people did walk to that place, but I don't know if he ever came out :dunno:

I really loved it to meet MFCers and it's on other way of experiencing a gig as you're surrounded with people that are as enthusiastic as you are :wub2:

It was nice meeting you all!

Edited by STEP___

:bye:

I'm home ... After 3 hours of sleep and 8 hours of work, I'm dead :aah::teehee:

Haven't read the whole thread yet (missed anything?) but I found this:

<a href=dsc03813.jpg' alt='dsc03813.jpg'>

Mika fans from different countries! United fans of Mika!

My hair! :aah:

And ....

Here comes my 'long' report :teehee

I left home early to take the train to Brussels where I took the train with some MFcers on it (Funkycowgirl, Ilse1983, Celien, ...). we arrived in Leuven quite early so it wasn't that crowded yet. We waited for Yooligan and Bienie and then we head off to the bus. (It was raining and there was thunder :mf_rosetinted)

after the short ride we had a 30min walk ahead of us...in the pouring rain.

Luckily it stopped short after we arrived at the entrance. After half an hour doors opened and when we were inside we'd already lost Bienie :aah turned out she was standing at the stage already :teehee

We managed to get a great spot ( we laid out ponchos so we got enough space to sit during the performances, which was nice! ) and we shuffled forward when people left so when Mika was on we were not front row, but pretty close so we got a good view of the whole stage.

Sorry about that :teehee::roftl:

Still didn't manage to get to the front row tho :no: Wouldn't have been the best place to see, but surely would have been the best place to film, because now they look like crap :blush-anim-cl:

Still filmed everything tho, and I'll upload them, but I have no idea how they look/sound ... I know there are a lot of hands and I sometimes just lost Mika :aah: And the sound is probably crap too with a lot of screaming/singing etc. So sorry .. I'll upload them, but don't expect too much :blush-anim-cl: I've had better days! :aah: