REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - Mika in HUNGARY for the Balaton Sound Festival, 8 July 2011

guylainem123

OK, so, finaly - here's my report! :aah:

I will just post a link to my blog, since I'm really too tired to write two posts about the same thing :thumb_yello: it's veeeeery long one, 4 word pages, and the first bit might be a bit boring, since it doesn't say much about the gig as it does about Mika and the MFC - remember, I was writing this for the people who don't know much about Mika and how thing work in Mikaworld :thumb_yello: hope you'll like it! i'm looking forward to your comments!

cheers!

http://frontrowcrew.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/a-big-girl%E2%80%99s-not-so-much-frc-experience-of-mika/

Abolutely loved it! :clap:

Thank you! And I went completely :lmfao: with Mika's attitude when you told him those Canadians didn't know who he is. Is that that blonde girl one of them by any chance? Cause I remember very well having seen Mika dancing A LOT around her. :teehee:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

96361995.jpg

MFCers?

I'm the one in the gray t-shirt :aah:

So… My first report, too :biggrin2:

I was with my mum, we almost didn't come 'cause of money problems, but we made it :biggrin2:

We drove for about 4 or 5 h and when we came it was 3 or 3.30 PM, the whole right first row was full of MFCers when we came :aah: btw the MFC banner was awesome. It was really hot, but it was worth it, we were just on the beginning of the right side, we waited till 5 PM when the main stage performance started, first there was some Hungarian band, which was awesome, then Big Boi from Outcast which I didn't like at all… then at 7.30 PM they started to prepare the stage for MIKA, on the previous performances there weren't a lot of people, but when it was MIKAs turn, they just kept coming and coming. Everyone was screaming and yelling MI-KA MI-KA :aah: MIKA came out in about 8.10 PM. Everyone was hyper and started pushing everybody to the front. The concert started with Relax, everyone was singing and jumping, MIKA was all white and had an awesome belt and I loved his hair, didn't see any red in it, tho. I don't remember the order of the songs, but it was awesome, but it was different from the usual, no intro on WAG and Rain was different… It was hard hearing him sing, 'cause the whole crowed was singing their lungs out. While singing Love Today he came down the stage and everyone went crazy, I touched his jacket when he was walking near me :naughty: He asked if we would sing Happy B-Day to Paloma and then he said he's gonna be the tourist and film us :aah: After Grace Kelly he went backstage and than everyone started screaming for more and he came to sing Lollipop, the Lollipop Girls and Big Girls were awesome and then he went backstage again and the workers started to pack his stage things and he didn't come back again, the whole concert lasted for about a 1.15 h. It was the best day of my life, but it was over to fast and MIKA did the whole show like he was in a hurry. My mum was also in a hurry to leave, so no m&g for me, but it doesn't matter, 'couse seeing him live was so amazing and I'm so glad I was there!! I'm just a little disappointed he didn't sing Elle Me Dit, but it's ok.

and, yeah, he made some pretty rad MIKA moves :swoon:

347v4zq.jpg

the stage was awesome

2w5lefl.jpg

I couldn't take any more pics 'couse my battery died :thumbdown:

Edited by Intergalactic_Flower

Hey guys!

Soo,here's my report.

I just bought my tickets on the day of the festival and after it I went to meet with Pucsesz.We went together by car and we had a great time together.We arrived at 3am and we FINALLY found the festival(:biggrin2:)

We went to the main stage where the keenly MFCrs waited.We met Zsina and Dorii and we went to see another concert on another stage.It was a bit odd but it was great.We went back saw a Hungarian Orchestra band's concert and Big Boi after it.BB was singing and he wanted me and the girl next to me to go up on stage but we didn't:blink:

During BB a girl came out and took the BGs and the LGs.

Before M's show Cherisse came in and I shouted to her and we spoke a bit.(She was really cute).

During the show we felt AMAZING it was really good,honestly.

He could not start Happy Ending cause the crowd sang it instead of him.He was really cute.There were the bubbles and the fantastic crowd that no one excepted.

After the show we were running with Suzie but we lost her at the entrance so we couldn't meet him.I saw that some girls hugged him and took photos.Yes,we missed this but the show was seriously really really good.Hope that he'll come back soon.:thumb_yello:

I will just post a link to my blog, since I'm really too tired to write two posts about the same thing :thumb_yello: it's veeeeery long one, 4 word pages, and the first bit might be a bit boring, since it doesn't say much about the gig as it does about Mika and the MFC - remember, I was writing this for the people who don't know much about Mika and how thing work in Mikaworld :thumb_yello: hope you'll like it! i'm looking forward to your comments!

cheers!

http://frontrowcrew.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/a-big-girl%E2%80%99s-not-so-much-frc-experience-of-mika/

:roftl::roftl::roftl: I love it!!! :biggrin2:

thank you so much for mentioning the papers and pen! :bleh::aah:

cheers!

Wonderful report! Thanks! :thumb_yello::wub2:

Report by Zsina - this is gonna be long and probably full of English mistakes. Excuse me for that. :blush-anim-cl:

Thursday afternoon my family got into the car and drove to the Lake Balaton to spend 4 days relaxing by the water, and take me and my friend to the Heineken Balaton Sound festival.

We got to the festival at about 1 pm, it was extremely hot and dry day. I was really happy when we walked to the main stage and found some of the MFC people. We had a little chat there, then we went to the beach to check out the place and eat. There were loads and loads of people at the festival, however it was really weird, because it was only the MFC people who were already in the first rows, waiting. Everyone else was at the beach, sunbathing. Even at 7 pm, one hour before the show, people could still get to the first rows.

We were there, with our banners and all, and then a girl called Abigail turned up and tried to shout louder than the huge loudspeakers. She asked us if we want to do some dancing on stage with Mika, and when we said yes (actually shouted and used signs like this :thumb_yello:) ; so she said she'd come back in 10 minutes with Yasmine.

The show of Big Boi has already started when they got back to us again, and there was a bit of trouble there, because the same time when we entered backstage, about 10 more girls run inside with us too, because Big Boi wanted a few girls on stage too. That's why these two Canadian girls, who got lost backstage, became Big Girls. And a few Mika fans went on stage with Big Boi instead of coming with us to the tent. I didn't know it while we were there, the Canadians seemed outsiders to me, but I thought they were Mika fans too. I tried to talk to them and they were pretty rude and unimpressed. I had no idea why, but the fact that they were not Mikafans, explains it all now. :wink2:

I almost became a Big Girl as well, because Yasmine wasn't sure about me. She tried putting a few of the smaller green BG corsets on me, but they were still too big, especially around my tits. I was like:

-Sorry Yasmine, my tits are too small.

-Ah no, they're fine!

:roftl:

I almost told her we could use some socks, but she moved away so much faster than my brain worked, and was already trying the corset on another girl when I wanted to open my mouth.

She was super fast, and really nice, however I could feel that she wanted to keep some kind of distance from us. Which is totally understandable. There was this other girl called Abigail who helped us too, she was a lot more chatty and kept smiling at us, all the time. I guess she is one of Mika's tour assistants?

Anyway, we were in a little yellow tent, and it was like 40 degrees inside, everyone was sweating like crazy so it was really hard to put all these layers of clothes on ourselves. Plus socks. Plus excitement.

So finally after everyone was dressed up, Yasmine gave me the last Lollipop Girl costume and I got dressed up as well. We got these things to cover up our dresses and Yasmine told us that we can go out and watch the show. The Big Girls had to stay backstage.

So we went out, and suddenly we got all the attention from people in the crowd. We were photographed by photographers and many people came to us to ask why we're wearing these, and some even posed for a picture with us. We felt like famous people :biggrin2:

At around 8:20 Mika's show kicked off with Relax, and we started dancing like crazy. Everything went great, Happy Ending was fantastic, I think Mika got a bit emotional there :teehee: Then we sang Happy Birthday to Paloma, it was brilliant! She'll love it. Then we danced again until We Are Golden, when we had to go backstage, to get our wigs and go on stage.

And then we went on stage. I was facing about 10,000 people . I remember dancing like crazy (I almost dropped after going off stage even though it was just 2 minutes - how does Mika do this for 1,5 hours??).

Before going on stage Yasmine told us not to hold our wigs if they're about to fall off, "just take them off and hold them in your hands" -she said.

Well, after 10 seconds of dancing on stage, my wigs fell off. Typical. I felt kind of angry, because I was the only one without a wig, and I'm a redhead. I can't help shaking my head like crazy when I'm dancing. So yeah. Whatever. :aah:

I’ve had an amazing, unforgettable time. Mika came to me and sang into my face for like 10 seconds. YEAH FOR REAL! :teehee::wub2: I think I've seen something like "where's you wig guuurl?" in his eyes. :roftl:

I’m not a crazy fangirl, never was, but honesly… I will never forget that. I can still see his eyes looking into mine. I don't know if he recognised me, but I doubt it, because it was in 2009 when we met and we've only seen each other for 1 minute or less. Anyway, It was miraculous. I love that boy so much.

Actually not only that boy. I love his whole band. They are so nice and they're all really special, one-in-a-million people. And his family. Especially his family. I have to admit I have a girl crush on all of the Penniman girls. I hope I'll be able to get to know these people one day, I'd really love to.

All in all, July 8 2011 will always remain an unforgettable day of my life.

:lg::wub2:

I know everyone wrote a report and basically you all know how everything went but i'm gonna write mine too! :biggrin2:

I kinda knew that this gig was gonna be something special, because it was exactly a year from my first Mika gig on Exit Festival and back in my mind i had a feeling about going on the stage. :blush-anim-cl:

Anyway... i don't remember what time it was when the 4 of us (Nina, Mina, Reni and me) arrived in front of the main stage but i know we waited a long time for Mika's gig. By the end of Big Boi's performance a girl came from backstage and when she saw our banner she asked us if we would like to be on stage. Nina and Mina immediately said yes, but i wasn't sure because i reeeaaally wanted to see the show from the first row, so the girl told me i can decide later when she comes for us. After a min or two realized that there is no way i'm gonna miss this oppurtunity to be on the stage with Mika again and i remembered how i felt when i was on the stage for the first time so i decided to do it again!

10 mins after she came back with Yasmine and they took us to the backstage and helped us to change into our costumes. In the tent was like in hell, it was really hot, but we changed fast it was not a big problem.

After we were changed, Yasmine told LGs to go to the crowd and Nina and I had to stay to wait for the Big Girl. The other two BGs, well, they were kinda lost, because they thought they would be on the stage with Big Boi, so they had no idea who Mika is, they were screaming "Mikaaaa" after every guy that came near us, they screamed Mika to Martin and to the new bass player :aah:

While Nina and I were fixing our make up and hair, we spotted Mika and Imma approaching us. I always thought that Mika was beautiful ofc, but seeing him like this, totally natural, not singing, relaxed...that made him even more beautiful :wub2: They were both really cool and cute, we talked a little, he asked us if we know what we had to do, he remembered the gig where i was on stage last time, he encouraged us just to jump and be crazy... And i was surprised how it was easy for me and Nina to talk to him now, it was like talking to a friend who you have a crush on :biggrin2: Then the other two BGs jumped at Mika so they could take a pic with him, i dont remember they asked if they could :annoyed_h4h: so, no wonder they both left after that! :aah:

So, the gig started, Relax was amazing, and it was our time to hit the stage. At first it was all ok, but somewhere in the middle of the song i had a little panic attack, because it was much larger than i expected, the stage, the crowd, we didn't have those skull masks like before, it was like in that moment I realized what was happening, but it ended up ok.

The rest of the concert was fantastic, we went down in the crowd, we jumped and screamed like crazy! When we heard first few second of WAG, we ran to the backstage to get ready for the Lollipop. By that time I couldn't wait to get on the stage again!

Lollipop was crazy, all the lights, smoke, crowd, everything was perfect! When the song was almost over i whispered to Nina if we could change place so i can stand next to him because she already had her "hug" with him, so a sec later i was next to Mika. The song was over, he put his arm around me, i huged him too and he was all wet and I huged Mina on the other side and we took a huge bow...I think I could live in that moment forever! :wub2:

After that we went to change and Mina, Nina and I stayed to give Yasmine pictures for him to sign and gifts. While we were waiting for her to return, two "lost" BGs came and asked us: "so, he's signing stuff for you, yeah? is he giving you alcohol too?" :blink:

We got our pictures signed, and Yasmine told us about the possible M&G so we waited. Imma and Cherisse came first, they were adorable, we took a pics with them, joked, and after few mins they went into their van and left. Mika showed up after they left and we had a quick M&G. He approached me but i did't have anything to give him to sign so i told him: i have nothing, you already signed my pic, but you can sign my hand if you want to! :biggrin2: So he drew something on my hand, have no idea what it is, but it was nice holding his hand! :biggrin2:

All in all, this gig really ended up being special and it is something that I will always remember! :wub2:

What a great gig this was :wub2: I really enjoyed it. I will write a proper review when I'm back home. I have a lot of pics and I will also upload the vids my "cameraman" Balazs took (he was the most kind, met him at Balaton). Good quality vids, he was obviously quite professional :biggrin2: Meanwhile, there are a few pics in blog. I uploaded them just to show how smiling Mika was in Hungary. the audience was great, he must have been pleased :wub2:

The link is here: http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/quick-updates-balaton-sound-hungary.html

(just click the pics to see them large)

Edited by tiibet

Receiving the Yearbook :wub2::wub2::wub2:

OgAAAFbkDZmqYWzKFXK6imgyrOAUu66NZ72qjQaAUkhDSSx-W9hUGth-95EOKSrpSGt1xuwhxBBYB3uVbMotN6M2-2oAm1T1UG8yu9uYVJ2YrXpDQsrbrU6Y7vkp.jpg

:fangurl:

Life of Lollipop Girl is amazing!!!

p.s. Yasmine told us they will not going to do that long BG and LG with fans and that we have luck to be on stage with Mika.

No! :tears:

Nice report! x)

Oh, I just quickly went through the thread and noticed a couple of things.

First, I was in a pic with my camera :aah: I don't like pics of myself :aah: and I'm not a photographer at all, I just love playing with cameras. I'm not a technical person, and concerts are always hectic, so please don't expect anything. But it's a good camera and I believe there are some good photos, I just have to find them and crop a bit etc.

And saw the pic of Mika and the yearbook. Anyone has more pics about the situation? I have a small vid, but it's upside down and I look so silly in it... I try to think what to do with it.

The vid is very short, it all happened so quickly. But it didn't feel such a short moment, he was quite adorable :wub2: I gave the book and told it's something from the whole MFC and I said I hope he will enjoy reading it. He smiled and joked about how the book is bigger year after year. He took a quick look through the book, told he loves it and thanked for it and after that he quickly squeezed my hand and it was just really suitable :blush-anim-cl: It's difficult to explain, but I usually keep a bit distance, it would absolutely be not my style at all to ask a hug from him or touch him. That's why I found that tiny squeeze really sweet and adorable. I find it so surprising he seems to know what to do in situations like that even he doesn't actually know people, it came very naturally.

He thought I was not coming to Compiegne (because I was in Hungary) and I told yes, I'm coming and we did high five for that :roftl:

Oh, I just quickly went through the thread and noticed a couple of things.

First, I was in a pic with my camera :aah: I don't like pics of myself :aah: and I'm not a photographer at all, I just love playing with cameras. I'm not a technical person, and concerts are always hectic, so please don't expect anything. But it's a good camera and I believe there are some good photos, I just have to find them and crop a bit etc.

And saw the pic of Mika and the yearbook. Anyone has more pics about the situation? I have a small vid, but it's upside down and I look so silly in it... I try to think what to do with it.

The vid is very short, it all happened so quickly. But it didn't feel such a short moment, he was quite adorable :wub2: I gave the book and told it's something from the whole MFC and I said I hope he will enjoy reading it. He smiled and joked about how the book is bigger year after year. He took a quick look through the book, told he loves it and thanked for it and after that he quickly squeezed my hand and it was just really suitable :blush-anim-cl: It's difficult to explain, but I usually keep a bit distance, it would absolutely be not my style at all to ask a hug from him or touch him. That's why I found that tiny squeeze really sweet and adorable. I find it so surprising he seems to know what to do in situations like that even he doesn't actually know people, it came very naturally.

He thought I was not coming to Compiegne (because I was in Hungary) and I told yes, I'm coming and we did high five for that :roftl:

We'd really appreciate if you post some Lollipop photos, we haven't seen any yet! Oh and the videos that Balazs gave you would be amazing too! There are only a few videos on youtube, it's weird because usually there are loads!

HOw many shows did you attend now in a row? It must have been fantastic!

Edited by Zsina

Thanks everyone for their contributions to the thread.

@Zsina I really liked your report, especially the way you finished it

We'd really appreciate if you post some Lollipop photos, we haven't seen any yet! Oh and the videos that Balazs gave you would be amazing too! There are only a few videos on youtube, it's weird because usually there are loads!

Nina is in Corsica now without internet connection but she will send and upload these by the weekend, I guess.:thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone for their contributions to the thread.

@Zsina I really liked your report, especially the way you finished it

Nina is in Corsica now without internet connection but she will send and upload these by the weekend, I guess.:thumb_yello:

Thanks! :teehee:

Wow, how many gigs in a row is she attending now? :biggrin2::roftl: Lucky Nina! :mf_rosetinted:

The vid is very short, it all happened so quickly. But it didn't feel such a short moment, he was quite adorable :wub2:I gave the book and told it's something from the whole MFC and I said I hope he will enjoy reading it. He smiled and joked about how the book is bigger year after year. He took a quick look through the book, told he loves it and thanked for it and after that he quickly squeezed my hand and it was just really suitable :blush-anim-cl: It's difficult to explain, but I usually keep a bit distance, it would absolutely be not my style at all to ask a hug from him or touch him. That's why I found that tiny squeeze really sweet and adorable. I find it so surprising he seems to know what to do in situations like that even he doesn't actually know people, it came very naturally.

aww.. thats soo sweet...!!! Love your report, Nina...!:wub2:

Thats all sounds soo great....:wub2: You are soo lucky Girl..!

I have a little question to ask :teehee: I was wandering if anyone took a photo of the end of Lollipop where we were taking a bow? Beacuse I was standing next to Mika and I would really love to have that pic? :blush-anim-cl:

In fact....did anyone take any pictures of Lollipop apart from Nina? :biggrin2: I haven't seen any yet. :/ :boxed: