REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - Mika in HUNGARY for the Balaton Sound Festival, 8 July 2011

guylainem123

sure I noticed M sings his songs a bit different...that's natural...he changes...would be terrible if he sang songs exactly like on the abums...I love albums versions but I think his songs are even better live

about dr John...every boy needs a father...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came from Hungary 2 hours ago and I am really tired because Ginger Lujka, Marina LollipopGirl and didn't sleep much :aah:

BUT

I WANT TO SAY IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god it was the best night in my whole life!!!!! I almost gave up but he came to M&G i'll write a report soon! It was perfect. Oh and he already has my drawings! :clap: AND HE GAVE ME A HUG!!!!

Oh girl...!! thats soo great..!!:wub2:

and cant wait to see your report too...

I came from Hungary 2 hours ago and I am really tired because Ginger Lujka, Marina LollipopGirl and didn't sleep much :aah:

BUT

I WANT TO SAY IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:swoon:

i'm soooo happy about you all, lollipop girl!

:aah:

Thanks for your report, suzie :huglove: I'm really glad last night could bear out your fan identity. Because, let's face it, as long as Mika enters stages, this won't go away, I'm afraid. :roftl:

and thank you all for posting pics and videos. :flowers2:

out of topic:roftl: sorry, but since we are on hungarian thread...I'm listening to a radio now..it's a polish radio but they played an estonian song - the title was "names on the asphalt"..and then a finnish song ..and the name was "asphalt and the grass"..and then the presenter needs a hungarian song with asphalt in the title...cause they play songs from finno-ugrian area....oh gosh... but it wasn't meant to be funny..it's just a funny coincidence:roftl:

Receiving the Yearbook :wub2::wub2::wub2:

OgAAAFbkDZmqYWzKFXK6imgyrOAUu66NZ72qjQaAUkhDSSx-W9hUGth-95EOKSrpSGt1xuwhxBBYB3uVbMotN6M2-2oAm1T1UG8yu9uYVJ2YrXpDQsrbrU6Y7vkp.jpg

aw I'm so glad he received it! hope to see his reaction soon :yay::clap:

aaah! why does so many things happen when I'm so bussy and when I'm bored to death there's nothing goin on here :aah: I should be doing a paper, I should be working...but my friends aren't here right now :naughty:

ok ..I know this isn't the thread for this, but, look at his arm! working out, huh:teehee:

Exactly cause you seemed to be one of those people who were keeping an "I really don't like it very much" opinion after hearing it a few times, that I wanted to know if a live version could have changed your mind. :blush-anim-cl: Let's say that listening to a song at a gig can do miracles sometimes. :naughty:

No, I actually liked EMD already when I listened to it properly (at first I could only listen to it on my phone in the street without headphones...etc).

I don't think the way he was playing it live for the first time (with pre-recorded backing vocals and trying to more or less copy the recorded version) can pursuade anyone it is a good song. I mean, it was even out of tune last week, as far as I remember but I refuse to listen to that version any more. If he wants to play EMD live, perhaps he should forget about the Yelle-Robyn type of electropop arrangements. They sound good on record but he clearly cannot give back similar sound live. (Again, I only heard that on YT, so I reserve final judgement until I hear it live)

PS: Can a moderator link my earlier report to the 'Reports' part of the first post, please.

Thanks

Edited by suzie

Oh my god it was the best night in my whole life!!!!! I almost gave up but he came to M&G i'll write a report soon! It was perfect. Oh and he already has my drawings! :clap: AND HE GAVE ME A HUG!!!!

oooooh god,no!We were running with Dorii behind you and Suzie,but we lost you at the entrance.We were just like "I think he won't come".But as I read it he did.I'm really upset,but ofc happy for all of you who met him

hey, Big Girl :thumb_yello:

so, which one is gonna post that report first? :naughty:

till we do so, here are some pics from the gig, taken by one of the Hungarian reporters:

http://www.szorfdeszka.hu/2011/0708bs/index.php?album=4

Hey BG! :biggrin2:

i think you should do it, you are better in writing :biggrin2: PLEASE tell all the details about the blond Swedish "Sven" guy, they need to know! :mf_rosetinted::aah:

My very first report :)

I'm gonna start from the beggining. After they cancelled show in Prague last year, I was lost and I thought I won't see Mika, at least I'll have to wait few years. Then I told my mum that he's performing on Balaton festival, but I did not expect any positive reaction. Mum told me we don't have that much money and in Prague she would admire some monuments but she has nothing to do on Balaton. I was ok with it, I was ready for it. But then my grandpa came back from Czech republic after like 20 years and he said he's ready to fix it. So I had someone to travel with. I needed money, but tickets were "cheap" only until the end of april so I had like 2 days. My mum bought 2 tickets and she did not want me to pay her back because I was good with my studying, but I knew she missed those money so I started to earn by drawing again and I paid my ticket back. Then we found some good lodgement not that far from Zamardi and that was it.*

I was counting days, everyone around me knew and saw my happiness but I was nervous at the time. I was afraid of it and I really have no idea why. :aah: I prepared my gift for Mika carefully, I made me a t-shirt and I was trying to get ready by talking with Eloise through Skype (Thanks a lot!) I was sure I'll screw it up or I won't be able to talk to Mika.

7th of july we already were on Balaton. I couldn't eat, sleep, think of anything else. I was out of my mind just drinking a water and staring at my drawings for the last time. That night I didn't sleep a wink.

We came on festival with my mum around 12:30. I forgot my MFC badge so I didn't know how MFCers would recognize me. When I found main stage, Suzie asked me if I'm Lucy and I was so happy I foumd them. We had been sitting there and talking until the show has started at 5pm. At first, some Hungarian band performed, they were funny I liked them, but I didn't understand anything xD Then Big Boy from Outkast came, but I didn't like it, especially when they took few girls in swimwear on the stage and it was all like women are only for a sex.

And then it was 20:00. They started to put the scene for Mika together and * * Cherisse came. I was so excited, until this moment I just didn't believe that I'll see Mika from the 1st row and maybe I'll talk to him. I decided to not to be LG because it was my 1st Mika show and I wanted to see it. Then suddenly Mika came running and he started with Relax! I wanted to scream but I was paralysed, I was just staring at him from such a little distance with my MIKA banner and I couldn't believe my eyes! My surprise from seeing him there for real was so big that i couldn't move for a minute! And then I felt that energy from him, he was so happy and so amazing, I started to jump, sing with tears in my eyes and I was so happy! I was amazed by how handsome he was. I knew he was, but not that much! I definitely noticed he looks waaaay prettier live than at the pics and vids. He was such amazing. His voice was so clear and strong, I can swear he looked at me few times! I really don't remember the right order of songs he sang, but I know all of them were amazing. I think that during Love today he came to public, but on the other side from me. I must have looked like I'm really so much in love with him and I'm supporting him so faithfully cause photographs were taking many pics of me, at least my mum told me (I really don't remeber) We had a bubble blowers for Happy ending and Mika liked it, after first chords if the song the crowd started to sing along and Mika let us sing 2 choruses. Then after first sentence he started to cough and he was really cute :wub2: then he asked us to sing Happy Birthday for Paloma and he took a video :) It was so perfect, I felt like I was dreaming. I didn't know how. But I think after Grace Kelly he said goodbye and dissapeared, but then he came back and he sang Lollipop with LGs. He didn't seem to be tired at all. He looked like he drunk 3 bottles of Red Bull. And then it was over. He said like 3 times that we're f***ing amazing :teehee: And in the battle of two halfs of crowd in Blame it on the girls he said we beated the show in IDontKnowWhere. Btw my half has won xD

Then we went out looking for the VIP exit with MFCers and we was waiting. I'm not sure about that but I think some of the LGs said he'll do short M&G at the backstage entrance so we all came back, but we though it won't be near to the stage, so we wanted to go back to the VIP exit, then we checked again both entries next to the stage but LGs dissapeared from there. Me and mum almost gave up and went home, because the way in and out was too long, but I found my strenght and I grabbed my mum's hand and I was toting her with us to the VIP exit again. We didn't eat, drink and I didn't sleep so we were tired, but my desire to see Mika was stronger. I just lived for that moment last few weeks! We followed Suzie and Nina and we waited. In really short time, in few minutes I saw a man in colourful cap with white t-shirt *with an assistant walking to us. It was Mika. I jumped, I ran to the exit, because I was sitting further, and suddenly he was there, in front of me, he said we only have 5 minutes, but I don't remember if he took off his cap or not, all I remember are his eyes, he was looking at me when I started to talk, I gave him MIKA book from Paris to sign and then he turned and received a Yearbook from Nina, I prepared my drawings and DVD with my music video and my first songs, I told him about the DVD and he told to an assistent to take it, I was begging her to give him, she convinced me she would. Then I opened those drawings and I showed him few of them, I have no idea what did he say, all I was noticing was his face, he was looking at them, he liked them, he really did and he didn't ask the woman to take them, HE took them... Maybe he said something I don't know, I was too excited to listen. The I asked - "Can I hug you..?" I didn't think he heard it, but he did, he said "sure" (or of course, something like that) and then HE GAVE ME A HUG !!!!!!!!!! I asked but he was the one who initiated it! I breathed his smell and he was so goooood! I felt like in heaven, those 2 seconds were like a year for me. I released him and I was staring at him. He said goodbye and he got in the car and he was waving to us until he left. I catched to scream "TAKE A LOOK AT IT!" Dunno if he heard, but I really hope he will check it and he will like it. Oh my Mika it was so important for me and now he has them and all I can do is pray for him to see it! :) (Do u think he will? :dunno: )

Then me, my mum, Suzie and Nina were leaving together, I started to cry desperately, I was so happy, I still did not believe it had happened. I was thanking to Suzie and Nina, I don't know what I was saying, I couldn't remember anything, I only had that feeling inside of me. It was so strong. I'm the kind of person that doesn't cry in front of the stragers, in front of anyone when it's not that necessary, but this was different. Words were not enough to describe it. Since then until today I don't eat, I'm only drinking milk and water, i don't feel hunger, dunno why and I don't sleep too much but I don't need it. My mum is afraid but I feel good, very good ;)

It was definitely the best night in my life, I still have tears in my eyes and that crazy feeling that reminds me of thousands of butterflies in my heart while writing this, i'll post pictures later because I still am on Balaton, excuse me my mistakes, I wrote it quickly on my iPod until I remember.

The I asked - "Can I hug you..?" I didn't think he heard it, but he did, he said "sure" (or of course, something like that) and then HE GAVE ME A HUG !!!!!!!!!!

OHH this just made me giggle, he's such a nice man!! You were so lucky to have him coming and being in such a good mood :teehee: Even though, I've noticed he always tries to be excessively nice to his fans doesn't matter how tired or busy he is. You were one lucky girl that night, really happy for you!! :wub2:

Sorry,but no shirtless @Balaton in Hungary? Even was so hot?

Sorry but why would it matter to YOU? I don't think you were there, were you?:blink:

He was not the main headliner of the day, it would have felt a bit strange if he took his shirt off in daylight, anyway. :dunno:

Edited by suzie