841d1204830994t-queen-daft-punk-great-party-music-queen.jpg

From Aug. issue SPIN Magazine, page 32:

THE GOOD PART-We Read Books So You Don't Have To

BRIAN MAY: THE DEFINITIVE BIOGRAPHY

"A bash held on Halloween at the Fairmont Hotel in the French Quarter of

New Orleans was extravagant enough to make the newspapers coast-to-coast

. . . [Queen's] parties often lasted for days, but they made do with a 12-hour

orgy of excess.

This featured such exotica as a nude model served up hidden in a huge salver of raw liver, seminaked girls cavorting about in bamboo cages suspended from the ceiling, as well as female mud wrestlers and topless waitresses."

Edited by A. Clay

My mom said that the magazine doesn't print anymore, but I don't know :dunno:

Well, I bought a hard copy magazine (AUG 2009) at a drugstore

and there were cards inside of it to subscribe for either 12 or 24 months.

I sent one in . . .!

Well, I bought a hard copy magazine (AUG 2009) at a drugstore

and there were cards inside of it to subscribe for either 12 or 24 months.

I sent one in . . .!

Oh. Well I guess she's crazy :naughty:

Good to know. I was hoping to buy whichever one Mika will be in :boing:

Why did it take me so long to find this thread? I'm in love with Brian May! He's my favourite member of Queen (as difficult as it is for me to have favourites). One of my life goals is to meet him and tell him what an inspiration he is.. I have this whole speech planned out but if I did meet him I'd probably be completely awestruck and say something stupid like "You have curly hair.."

Some of my favourite Queen songs were written by him.. '39, Teo Torriate, We Will Rock You, Good Company, Fat Bottomed Girls, Save Me, No-one But You.. The list goes on! I also absolutely love Too Much Love Will Kill You, it's so beautiful yet heartbreaking. Brian's voice may not be as strong and powerful as Freddie's, but it has always been really beautiiful and he is capable of expressing so much emotion with it.

And there's no real need for me to mention his guitar-playing! I think everyone can agree that it is amazing. The best of all time, in my opinion!

:wub2:

Argh, yes. This moment from the tribute concert was so touching and sad. I hope he went and had a good cry afterwards. :naughty:

I love his waistcoat!

Yes ...... I remember standing there and everyone was crying all around me , and looking with a hugeeee cheer as his voice broke and the crowd supported him:wub2:

39 is aceeeeeeeeeeee

Wow just seen this .. here the shippp sailed outtttttttttttttttt <sings at desk>

Yes ...... I remember standing there and everyone was crying all around me , and looking with a hugeeee cheer as his voice broke and the crowd supported him:wub2:

39 is aceeeeeeeeeeee

Wow just seen this .. here the shippp sailed outtttttttttttttttt <sings at desk>

Aww, that sounds amazing. Sadly I was only born a couple of months after the tribute concert.. I wish I could have been there, it's brilliant.

Beautiful rendition of '39. It really is an amazing song. I love all of the old live performances of it with Freddie, he seemed to have a lot of fun with it. I really love Brian's 12-string acoustic.. It's got such a rich, warm sound.

• 1 year later...

39 is aceeeeeeeeeeee

'39 is like one of the best songs ever!!!whenever I hear it I have to start dancing..:teehee:

and this version is just..:wub2:

• 1 year later...