REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA @ Ajaccio, Corsica Theatre de Verdure - 13 July 2011

dcdeb

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to them. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone for the reports and pics :wub2:

I really enjoyed them a lot :blush-anim-cl:

@Julia How wonderful and magical this moment must have been :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I have a few vids, uploading them, they will be ready during the night.

Just watched your video for Blame it on the weather...:wub2:

They sing it differently (and way better) that night, right?

If it is possible, I like it even more:teehee:

Just watched your video for Blame it on the weather...:wub2:

They sing it differently (and way better) that night, right?

If it is possible, I like it even more:teehee:

They did all the new songs really well in Ajaccio, I think. He did a long sound check before the show, we could listen to it, practicing the songs.

Ida starting it gave some more security for Mika, probably. She was also more restrained, which made a huge difference - though she still sings it in a way that is characteristic of classical singing: besides her voice being resonant it is also the articulation that may sound strange to most ears (e.g. the clipped consonants).

Obviously having no strings made a huge a difference (:teehee:) and I really like how the piano was replaced by the guitar in the second verse.

It is more restrained and more enjoyable for sure. :original:

In fact, I will add this video to the front of the song page now.

Edited by suzie

Here's my report

So, I decided to go at this gig only on Monday night :naughty: And, after all it was the best gig I've ever seen, as well as my first concert outside Italy :wub2:

I was number 1 on the list even if it didn't work because there were some organization's problem (John we miss you :aah: ) Btw, i was in the front row on Mika's side :biggrin2:

The new stage is really beautiful: very appropriate to the place where the concert was held :wub2:

Mika was totally on fire since the first song: he jumped, he screamed, he joked with Imma, with us, he danced on the piano (even if I was afraid he would fall off at any moment)

Imma Rocked!!! And Martin too :mf_lustslow:

The other guys and Ida were a little bit invisible but at least the whole band did a great job!! :wink2:

About the new songs, i really liked them! Blame it On The Weather was really beautiful and romantic (finally it was sung really well!) Elle Me Dit and Karen were amazing like always!

Ah! At the beginning he talked in Italian :teehee: very funny!

There was a little M&G after the gig and I had the chance to say "hi" to him :wub2:

I had a fantastic night! Thanks very much to Mika and his band for this and thanks a lot to the lovely MFC girls that I met there :huglove:

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer :aah: Sincerely i don't know what to write more :aah:

about BIOTW....I have mixed feelings about this song but this version from Ajaccio is my least favourite version, I'm sorry.... (before I liked a bit the sound of Ida's voice..now I don't like it at all...- it's like a screwdriver to my ear....- and I don't like that they changed the beginning...)

As someone said before I also think she would be better as backing vocals only...

But Mika sings it with a lot of feelings every time...

Edited by Melisanda

Ida starting it gave some more security for Mika, probably. She was also more restrained, which made a huge difference - though she still sings it in a way that is characteristic of classical singing: besides her voice being resonant it is also the articulation that may sound strange to most ears (e.g. the clipped consonants).

Obviously having no strings made a huge a difference (:teehee:) and I really like how the piano was replaced by the guitar in the second verse.

It is more restrained and more enjoyable for sure. :original:

In fact, I will add this video to the front of the song page now.

We can clearly see in the video Mika making her hands motion to keep her voice low:wink2:

They did all the new songs really well in Ajaccio, I think. He did a long sound check before the show, we could listen to it, practicing the songs.

Pratice makes perfect, as the saying goes:wink2:

Some vids:

Karen:

Blame It On the Weather:

Elle Me Dit:

Rain:

Kick Ass:

We Are Golden:

I think I have also Happy Ending, must check. There was something really different with HE in Corsica, lol, it confused me, and I'm not sure about my recording... :roftl:

Can these vids be linked on the first page?

We can clearly see in the video Mika making her hands motion to keep her voice low:wink2:

really? I didn't notice that :teehee: Actually, I only listened to it once while doing other things on the net.

Ah! At the beginning he talked in Italian :teehee: very funny!

:roftl:

Maybe he thought that since he couldn't speak Corsican, he will try to make up for it by speaking a bit of French as well as Italian..:naughty:

Thanks for all your reports. I'm happy it all went down so well for all of you (especially Juliana must be extremely pleased how great her local gig turned out to be)

@suzie yes after 4 years of waiting. I was not disappointed, it was magical! :wub2:

when I walk in this place I think that Mika has been here. it was special for me because usually I travel to see it.

@tiibet thanks so much for the wonderful vidéos :flowers2:

Some vids:

Karen:

Blame It On the Weather:

Elle Me Dit:

Rain:

Kick Ass:

We Are Golden:

I think I have also Happy Ending, must check. There was something really different with HE in Corsica, lol, it confused me, and I'm not sure about my recording... :roftl:

Can these vids be linked on the first page?

Thanks for the vids Nina!!

Yeah HE was strange... too much in falsetto? :blink: