REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA @ Ajaccio, Corsica Theatre de Verdure - 13 July 2011

dcdeb

Ha, the stage looked pretty far....reminds me of sth...:teehee: we have a midsummer night gig in Cracow every year and the stage is on one side of the river while the audience is on the other side...and the riveeer beetweeen us....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the vids Nina!!

Yeah HE was strange... too much in falsetto? :blink:

Happy Ending really confused me, I was like "Who is singing?? What is happening??" Lol, i'm so used to see it at gigs, and this time it was so different.

Happy Ending really confused me, I was like "Who is singing?? What is happening??" Lol, i'm so used to see it at gigs, and this time it was so different.

Ahhhhh - you guys talking about it makes me really really curious! :aah: Please - videeooo :aah:

Ahhhhh - you guys talking about it makes me really really curious! :aah: Please - videeooo :aah:

I'm uploading it now. It's not very good quality. But at the time it felt so different and confused me a bit.

I'm uploading it now. It's not very good quality. But at the time it felt so different and confused me a bit.

Yay, thank you! :boing: I don't care what kind of quality it's in, just as long as I can hear what you guys are talking about. :aah:

Maybe he spent too much time with Ida lately and wanted to compete with her high voice?:thumb_yello:

I have to admit that I like it when he does old songs with new twists now and then:teehee:

OH MY MIKA, my biology teacher just wrote me on FB that he met our Nina and they were talking about me! I was like :blink:

And he told me he was on Mika´s show in Ajaccio!!! :jawdrop:

I was fangurling over Mika whole year, I borrowed him my DVDs and CDs and he became a fan.. but THAT MUCH? Wow.. I never thought my TEACHER will be such a huge fan of Mika. Wow. What an influence I have :mf_rosetinted:

OH MY MIKA, my biology teacher just wrote me on FB that he met our Nina and they were talking about me! I was like :blink:

I was fangurling over Mika whole year, I borrowed him my DVDs and CDs and he became a fan.. but THAT MUCH? Wow.. I never thought my TEACHER will be such a huge fan of Mika. Wow. What an influence I have :mf_rosetinted:

He was next to me and Yulia, and he loved the gig, I think he was totally amazed by Mika :biggrin2:

How cool is that!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Yeah...biology teachers rule! :mf_rosetinted:

He was next to me and Yulia, and he loved the gig, I think he was totally amazed by Mika :biggrin2:

I was just like :shocked::shocked::shocked:

My mum told me she won´t come with me to any other MIKA show, so, at least I have someone to go with! :wub2:

How cool is that!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Yeah...biology teachers rule! :mf_rosetinted:

Yes :mf_rosetinted: When he talks about it in school, the others will think we´re crazy :mf_rosetinted:

So, I guess it's time to write my report, even it's been more than a week since the gig.

First of all I was sooooo happy that we got to hear all the new songs once more. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love all three of them. Blame it on the Weather is so beautiful, it reminds me of classic musicals like West Side Story and those oscar winning Disney songs like Beauty and the Beast. Karen is simply brilliant, such an incredible melody and a very touching story. And Elle me Dit is perfect for gigs, it makes everyone in the audience want to sing along. For some reason I think the performances of all the new songs were more confident and even more powerful than ever during the Corsica gig:wub2:

It was also pretty great to hear the soundcheck. Just like in Compiegne, being able to be outside the venue and hear the rehearsals makes you even more excited about the concert:biggrin2:

The concert itself was AMAZING :wub2:

The blame it on the girls/boys battle was so much fun (wish we get to find a vid of it) as was Love Today with the new scene in the beginning with the horse mask.

After the gig I met some really lovely MFC-ers, some that I've met before and some for the first time. Hope to see you all very soon :)

As for the m&g we were so lucky because we realized that we were waiting at the wrong side of the venue at the very last minute. We managed to get there right before he left. It turned out to be a great m&g :wub2:

PS, I've got a few videos but I'm afraid the sound isnt very good. I guess I'll try to upload them anyway :)

What a miracle it was for me to see my first Mika´concert, especially at Corsica, “ l´île de beauté” in such a nice city as Ajaccio. I have never seen in my entire life something that beautiful. I was amazed! And thanks to some members from Mika´s funclub I meet before the gig I could enjoy it from quite different perspective. Since first moment I was convinced that everything would be OK but I didn´t expect to have such a perfect experience. That man shocked me completely! In a positive way of course. So professional, responsible and charismatic. I found him almost mystical, like someone coming from different, positive planet with increadibly awesome energy. I enjoyed a lot his performance and I made one of best decisions of my life to travel to Corsica.

What a miracle it was for me to see my first Mika´concert, especially at Corsica, “ l´île de beauté” in such a nice city as Ajaccio. I have never seen in my entire life something that beautiful. I was amazed! And thanks to some members from Mika´s funclub I meet before the gig I could enjoy it from quite different perspective. Since first moment I was convinced that everything would be OK but I didn´t expect to have such a perfect experience. That man shocked me completely! In a positive way of course. So professional, responsible and charismatic. I found him almost mystical, like someone coming from different, positive planet with increadibly awesome energy. I enjoyed a lot his performance and I made one of best decisions of my life to travel to Corsica.

Thank you for your report it was so nice to read a new experience from someone who has just discovered Mika :thumb_yello:

Edited by Miss.roxy

SO pleased you enjoyed the gig so much, he is something special indeed :wub2:

Wow, this brought a huge smile to my face.

Wonderful report:wub2: So glad you enjoyed you first Mika gig so much.

• 1 month later...