Hidden Stuff on "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD

iadoremika

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I just found this yesterday, when I was watching "Live in Cartoon Motion". There are three hidden animated videos. Yay me! READ THE WHOLE THING, IT'S IMPORTANT TO DO SO IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE VIDEOS!

Here's how you get them...

Pop in your "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD into your DVD player. Wait for the main menu to load. Then you select "Play All", from the main menu. Then when it starts playing and the shot is of "MIKA" in lights and a crowd chanting "Mika, Mika, Mika..." you have to go back. But DO NOT REWIND! You have to use the button that allows you to flip through scenes (again it is not a rewind or fast forward button, it is a scene selection button!!!).

When you go back once you will be taken to an animated video of a Big Girl. It starts off with her sipping her "Diet Coke". Then you are taken to a shot where she is dancing along to "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" and then there are multiples of her dancing. It is pretty awesome!

If you go back twice, you will be taken to an animated video of Mika saying: "There are many different kinds of pop stars, of many different colours. At different times there is a great demand for purple pop stars. When the demand for purple pop stars changes, they are cast aside in favour of the new colour of the month. Some pop stars, however, refuse to be made into any colour. These troublesome creatures are thrown down the shoot. Who knows what will be made of them." The whole time he is talking, the video matches what Mika is saying. The end of this video concludes with a "Mika" type cartoon character looking out the back being whisked away in a van that says "WARNING NON-COMPLIANT POP STARS". This one ends with the chorus of "Grace Kelly". I think that when Mika says "some pop stars...refuse to be made into any colour", he's referring to himself and is another "up yours" to everybody that shot him down, and I congratulate him for that!

Finally, if you go back twice you will be taken to an animated video playing "Love Today". This video has a Big Girl, Billy Brown and the wheels and pulleys among other things.

All the videos are very much "Life in Cartoon Motion" related as they are cohesive in look and design. All much like the Mika drawn artwork.

If you want to find the videos properly, follow these instructions...

1) Pop in your "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD into your DVD player. Wait for the main menu to load. Then you select "Play All", from the main menu. Then when it starts playing and the shot is of "MIKA" in lights and a crowd chanting "Mika, Mika, Mika..." you have to go back. But DO NOT REWIND! You have to use the button that allows you to flip through scenes (again it is not a rewind or fast forward button, it is a scene selection button!!!).

2) You can't advance or rewind from one hidden video to another. Say you are on one video and you want to look at a different one, you'll have to start from the beginning all over. But it's totally worth it!

3) One of the most important thing to remember is that you do NOT rewind!!! From the start, you have to use the button on your DVD remote that allows you to flip through scenes (on mine it looks like arrows with vertical lines on both sides).

Enjoy and let me know how it works!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ye, i think we disgused this when the dvd first came out and everyone was posting about the easter eggs that they had found. but thanks for posting it again for people that missed it or just forgot:thumb_yello:

Oh...I never knew that.

How bizarre!

I have 2 copies of this....yes turning freak! LOL!

It works on one but not the other. One is the promo copy I found these happened when I got it but never checked the other one till now. Nope can't get them to work on this one!

Wonder if it depends what player you are using on your computer?

What is the Easter egg thing...missed all about that!

Morning Fredrico!

xxx

You can select the sheep on one part... or the apple in another part... and the third one is a white line...

One is near the concert videos... the sheep is on the page (window, whatever) that looks like the Love Today single... can't remember wher the apple is...

here they are... the sheep is in the Extras menu... press the right arrow on your remote to get it when you've highlighted Main Menu (or click on the sheep if you're on the computer)

The apple is in the A Long Way From Home menu - again, press right arrow on your remote till to highlight... or click on it...

The line is in the Live From Paris menu... same deal...

Hang on.. I'll find exactly where they are... this is easier...

Oooooo Thanks!!

Do you realise now I will get nothing done just play with this Dvd! LOL!! While watching Hollyoaks,the sun is shining I am in bed what more could a girl want! LOL!

ps. Love that photo in your sig. He looks sooooo tired bless him!

xxx

• 1 month later...