Post Mika Depression

Mom4Mika

Well, I've come down enough that my jobs don't interest me at all. My jobs are boring and annoying at this point, why because it isn't Mika & Co.

I had to listen to The Clash this afternoon because if I listened to Mika I may very well take the credit card and fly to CA and buy those extra tickets.

I still feel that something shifted in me and that things are going to happen and now I need to point in the direction and go.

There is a heaviness.

Now, what to do to shake my life up again?

What are you feeling?

What do you do to combat PMD?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I've come down enough that my jobs don't interest me at all. My jobs are boring and annoying at this point, why because it isn't Mika & Co.

I had to listen to The Clash this afternoon because if I listened to Mika I may very well take the credit card and fly to CA and buy those extra tickets.

I still feel that something shifted in me and that things are going to happen and now I need to point in the direction and go.

There is a heaviness.

Now, what to do to shake my life up again?

What are you feeling?

What do you do to combat PMD?

I have it.

I don't know.

Sorry, if you find out what to do, let me know.

I know how you feel and it's bloody terrible. I can't focus during the day because I just keep going back to Sunday night. And I hum and sing his songs through out the day. The worst part of the day is the night time because you sit there and think "Just a few days ago I was at the Mika concert." And it makes me wanna cry. Lol.

i know you are serious and you deserve a serious reply.

there's nothing you can do, it's a sort of illness.

i experienced it especially throughout 2007 and i only found the cure in NOT going to many gigs, cause they tend to change your life, and your life cannot be changed, especially if you've got children and a family life to look after.

this is MY experience of course.

but i'd suggest NOT to force things in trying to go to as many gigs as possible but relax and wait for the next easy one you can go...and let time do its job.

Now it IS difficult, your experiences with mika have been quite strong.

just let time roll.

don't force yourself in focusing on family too much, just do what you can, i hope they will let you breath.

huge hugs :huglove:

so, it's gonna get worse when I finally see him one day...oh, boy...

Mom4Mika-I believe, in cases like this, only cure is time. And you know how they say-don't be sad because it's over, celebrate the fact that has happened (well, something like that :teehee:)

:huglove:

I'm sure I will have this (it has happened to me before as this was my third concert), but for now I'm still on a Mika high. I wake up with a song in my head and I feel light and very happy having seen him perform. I feel over the moon that I got to speak to him again and that he remembered my little gift to him from two years ago. Maybe he was just being kind by saying he remembered, but then I'd be happy that he was just so kind!

What I find very difficult is not having anyone around me (IRL) that understands this feeling I have. The people I took with me to the concert...they loved it (how could anyone not love it?!) but they don't have this feeling that I do. I watched his interviews on You Tube today and was blown away. Why and how does this man make me feel like he does? If I could bottle the feeling in my heart I'd be the most successful therapist ever---no one would ever have to take anti depressants again! I'm 43 years old for Pete's sake, way past any kind of teenage obsession. Why does he inspire so much joy in me? I find myself spouting off about him to people I know online....people in my life, and I seem like some kind of nutcase, almost like I'd fallen into some kind of cult.

He is just so delightful. His music makes my world a better place. He makes the world a better place.

I know the Mikapression is coming. But for now I'm still *UP* from Sunday night's experience.

Robertina has a point too. When I read that Mika might be coming back "this fall" (which I believe is, logistically, nearly impossible) I was a little worried, becaus I KNOW i'd want to go again, and my husband and children would think I've gone off the deep end.

But in the end, perhaps, the best way to deal with it is to just remember the joy we felt when we saw him, let his music make us happy and to "let go" a little. Good things flow in and out and we can't always be so intensely happy---no one person could do that for anyone, not even Mika. So feel what you feel and let it go....the happiness and the bit of sadness as well.

xo

I was feeling the same way, I think. Then I spent the last hour and a half painting this on my wall:

2igoxep.jpg

It helped.

Does it say LiveLavaLive down in the right corner? :o

BTW, that is freakin amazing. Wish I had painting skills!

Touch wood ...

... but I *think* I've stopped getting it. I didn't get it after Amsterdam. I just walked on a cloud of happy golden air for a couple of weeks and it gently went down like a helium balloon. And much the same after Blackpool.

Does it say LiveLavaLive down in the right corner? :o

BTW, that is freakin amazing. Wish I had painting skills!

It does! That was painted in a much less desperate and less obsessive moment. And thank you. :thumb_yello:

It helped a lot. Though, it was only my first gig, so I imagine things are much worse for the people on this thread who've had to go through this so many times before.

Touch wood ...

... but I *think* I've stopped getting it. I didn't get it after Amsterdam. I just walked on a cloud of happy golden air for a couple of weeks and it gently went down like a helium balloon. And much the same after Blackpool.

yep!

exactly the same here :thumb_yello:

I've always felt empty and sad after an important gig for I've been living with/for music for 17 years and concerts are always something very intimate deep and moving for me.

But I've NEVER felt the way I felt after the Mika gig in June.

It was my first Mika moment and I had been longing to finally see him live for the first time since 2007.

It was awesome, perfect, exciting, touching, great..and suddenly it was over.

It took several days to come but finally the depression arrived and it was an awful feeling :huh: the worst I've ever had after an important experience like that. Mika surely have something very special or I really can't figure out how he can make us feel this way.

I think that beyond the age or the reasons that everyone can have, if you really LOVE something, you get to feel it, touch it and then you have to come back on earth...well it's really hard.

I'm really emotional, maybe too much :blush-anim-cl::naughty: and I live the moments during a gig deeply because music is always been a big part of my life so I think I can really understand all of you that are experiencing the PMD and sadly all I can say is that you only have to wait because time will fix everything :huglove:

Oops I wrote too much :naughty:

I have it worse then I have EVER before <and that is saying A LOT> I K N O W it is due to the fact that Lucy and I did not get a chance to say goodbye to him. I am left feeling SO incomplete! And I feel that if I could have just had closure to the whole experience, I might be OKAY right now! But JUST like you Jamie, I have been thinking CRAZY thoughts - looking up flights to California and Seattle . . . thinking EVEN if I can't go to the show - I will just wait for him after to properly say goodbye!

Maybe this time is SO worse cause we got so MUCH contact - being backstage and being in the show(s) and Mika being SO SWEET to us - and the experience of being SO close and personal with his family! Seeing Austin and Audrey was fabulous! And getting painted by Yasmine was just :jawdrop: She is AMAZING! And the freaking band OMG!!! SO beyond sweet - and I even miss Owen a little TOO much! This was my FIRST time ever going to multiple shows back to back, and I am starting to think it does make it too hard to come back to reality! DAYS in Mika Mode is THE BEST THING EVER while you are in it - but, when it is all through . . . you FEEL like YOUR LIFE IS OVER!

My heart is SO heavy - and only God knows WHEN I am going to see him again!!! And right NOW - I can't STOP crying cause I just want to either FLY OUT to California OR curl up in a ball and cry for days! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????? SO HEART-BROKEN! SO sad I feel ILL . . .I don't know how to put my heart back in my pocket or pick my heart up off the floor! :no:

Glad to see the support and the commiseration. Owein (Gaelic) was great yeah miss his shoulder and flashing light to cue us.

Monday night I was like it's 9:10 24 hours ago I was backstage waiting for John to give me the go ahead on stage for , 72 hours ago I was waiting for Owein to give me the cue.

This all hit me today

I had BAD PMD after seeing him in 2007. That encompassed other things as well. I wasn't where I wanted to be.

In 2008 after Teminal 5 it wasn't so bad.

This time I guess because of the personal experiences with his Mom, Aunt, Him, the band, and dancing on stage and hearing that surge of a roar when we came up was SO out of my everyday.

I've been bored lately and this shook it out of me but I feel like I need that excitement to keep me going to accomplish something.

It always comes down to yourself and a connection here and there. Being at the right place at the right time.

Obviously things just don't happen you have to make them happen.

Regular life just isn't cutting it. Laundry, crossing kids, helping talk to new clients about their LBGT, addictions or whatever just blah.

Maybe I should look at like a shake up that I need and sometimes shake-ups can be be uncomfortable.

I have it worse then I have EVER before <and that is saying A LOT> I K N O W it is due to the fact that Lucy and I did not get a chance to say goodbye to him. I am left feeling SO incomplete! And I feel that if I could have just had closure to the whole experience, I might be OKAY right now! But JUST like you Jamie, I have been thinking CRAZY thoughts - looking up flights to California and Seattle . . . thinking EVEN if I can't go to the show - I will just wait for him after to properly say goodbye!

Maybe this time is SO worse cause we got so MUCH contact - being backstage and being in the show(s) and Mika being SO SWEET to us - and the experience of being SO close and personal with his family! Seeing Austin and Audrey was fabulous! And getting painted by Yasmine was just :jawdrop: She is AMAZING! And the freaking band OMG!!! SO beyond sweet - and I even miss Owen a little TOO much! This was my FIRST time ever going to multiple shows back to back, and I am starting to think it does make it too hard to come back to reality! DAYS in Mika Mode is THE BEST THING EVER while you are in it - but, when it is all through . . . you FEEL like YOUR LIFE IS OVER!

My heart is SO heavy - and only God knows WHEN I am going to see him again!!! And right NOW - I can't STOP crying cause I just want to either FLY OUT to California OR curl up in a ball and cry for days! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????? SO HEART-BROKEN! SO sad I feel ILL . . .I don't know how to put my heart back in my pocket or pick my heart up off the floor! :no:

awww Holly!

This morning was the hardest for me because I was officially back to work....I felt sooo out of place...like I don't belong there anymore.

I am feeling a bit better tonight after reading the reports and knowing that he will be on TV tomorrow lol

But it is so funny how MIKA has been in my life for 3 years now...however it feels like he needs to be in it forever!!!!!

I just keep going to gigs. Think I will have to find something else to do come March though so maybe I'll feel it then when there are no concerts on the horizon.

Mostly I find myself feeling like Robertina in between gigs. The high is not as high as it used to be so I just wake up one day and it feels like it's been forever since I've seen Mika but it really doesn't bother me.

After Terminal 5 - I was a MESS! It was an AMAZING day <experience> and we got so much special things that day. After Mika got in the van and left, I bust out crying, and I literally thought that I was NEVER gonna be able to stop. Alex, Jess and I didn't say a word all the way back to the hotel. I cried all night long. But, when I woke up in the morning . . I was fine. And it did not hit me again.

After Le Poisson Rouge - I BUST out crying right after I talked to him. I cried for about 30 minutes but then I HAD to pull myself together cause I was headed for the airport - and did not want to look anymore like a FREAK then I already did. And again, I was fine.

After United Palace - I was fine that whole time. Nothing EVER hit me after that show . . MAYBE because I knew I had Philly to look forward to.

But, N O W - it has been What 3 days . . .and I am totally USELESS. I have a HUGE gaping HOLE in my chest - at times I can't breathe, and I am feeling SO overwhelmed and having MAJOR anxiety. I don't feel RIGHT at all. It is TIMES like these when I question my ability to even be a FAN at all. Cause the pain - the PAIN is too much to bare. I really FEEL like my life is over. Maybe because the LIFE I WANT is the LIFE I lived Last week! And that is not a life that I can have - it breaks my heart!

I just keep going to gigs. Think I will have to find something else to do come March though so maybe I'll feel it then when there are no concerts on the horizon.

Mostly I find myself feeling like Robertina in between gigs. The high is not as high as it used to be so I just wake up one day and it feels like it's been forever since I've seen Mika but it really doesn't bother me.

I guess it works for you because probably you have the financial status to attend as many shows you can. But I can't so it is hard for me.:wink2: