Blame it on the girls Intro!

MrGuilleWill

Hi! Well, I'm spanish and my english isn't advanced so, can someone tell me what Mika tells at the intro of this song? I think he talks about a guy with gold credit card... Haha thanks:thumb_yello:

EDIT: Ah! I let you the youtube link for if you can't remember the lyrics :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So i was sitting in a bar and this guy came up to me and he said "my life stinks"

and i saw his gold credit card and i saw the way he was looking at people across the room and i looked at his face, and you know, quite a good looking face and i just said: "dude, your perspective on life sucks" "

Here you go! :D

i think (hope) it's correct

So I was sitting at the bar , and this guy comes up and says my life stinks ,and I saw his gold credit card and I saw the way the way he was looking at people across the room and I looked at his face and you know quite a good looking face and I said ..

Dude your perspective on life sucks :thumb_yello:

"So i was sitting in a bar and this guy came up to me and he said "my life stinks"

and i saw his gold credit card and i saw the way he was looking at people across the room and i looked at his face, and you know, quite a good looking face and i just said: "dude, your perspective on life sucks" "

Here you go! :D

i think (hope) it's correct

Superb :biggrin2:

I still don't know whether it's Mika or not :puppy_eyes: And how did people find out one way or another? Though if he can sound like Grace Kelly...

I knew the second I heard it. I've never bothered to investigate because I'm certain it's him. :dunno:

I knew the second I heard it. I've never bothered to investigate because I'm certain it's him. :dunno:

Gotta say, it sounds a lot like John to me.

It SO is NOT John, Rose :lmfao:

I'm with Christine on this one; It was very clear to me the minute he started saying it that it was Mika :dunno: I never had any doubts. I think that I could always recognise his voice anywhere :naughty:

I didn't think lip synching was that hard?

Well no, but I thought maybe it would help people to process what they are hearing. I mean is it really so difficult to detect that this is Mika's voice when you can actually see him speaking? I can understand that some people (especially ESLers) didn't notice when they first heard the song, but I thought once the video was released it would be obvious to all.

I'm a very aural person so maybe my brain works differently.

It's Mika, trust me. It's not John. I'd bet my life on it. :naughty:

Agreed - doesn't sound like John to me. :teehee:

In fact, the way he says "bar" it totally sounds like someone with an English-y accent trying to sound American - a "real" American would have pronounced the "r" in "bar" more strongly, but instead it comes out as "bahhr. :roftl:

I never doubted for a moment it was no one other than Mika - trying to be someone else though.... It looks as though he succeeded as it seems to have convinced some. :naughty:

Agreed - doesn't sound like John to me. :teehee:

In fact, the way he says "bar" it totally sounds like someone with an English-y accent trying to sound American - a "real" American would have pronounced the "r" in "bar" more strongly, but instead it comes out as "bahhr. :roftl:

Yes I'd be really surprised if any American or Canadian thought this could be John or another American. I thought it was a decent Louisiana accent but the southerners assure me it sounds really fake. :roftl:

Since we don't know for an absolute certainty, perhaps we could not jump to the conclusion either way, til we do!:sneaky2:

No one is jumping to conclusions. It's his album, it's his song, he's acting it out in his video - it's his voice. Not a wild stretch. :naughty:

Archived