Blame it on the girls Intro!

MrGuilleWill

The reason why it's easy to spot that it's him is that accents change, but the tone of the voice remains the same. I think that I can recognise his tone anywhere, no matter what language or accent he's using.

Yes the only time I've had trouble recognizing his voice is when the pitch is different. When he was young before his voice broke and when it was artificially altered for Grace Kelly. But if you use software to change the pitch back to normal in the Grace Kelly clip you can hear it's him as plain as day.

It's amazing that our ability to discern voices is similar to the ability to discern faces. I think mine is anyway.

Remember when that Daniel Powter song was up on YT and they were claiming it was Mika? :lmfao:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew the second I heard it. I've never bothered to investigate because I'm certain it's him.

Same here...

*gets flashback of John telling me that my wedges were unhealthy*

I was amazed I could even manage to get some food down, I was so excited about Mika. Then his manager comes over and insults my food choice :lmao:

John told us big girls to eat a huge meal, dance around on stage and then come off stage and throw it all up again :teehee:

I think he was trying to encourage us to help ourselves to the food :blink:

I still remember the early days where he seemed quite errm...shocked :naughty: at the whole setup, and dare I say even grumpy, but he quickly got into the swing of things and I find him a total sweetie now :blush-anim-cl:.

I remember getting a great picture of John looking at a bag that Mouselle made for Mika... he really wasn't sure what to make of it :teehee:

First time I heard that I didnt think it was Mika .. really :roftl::thumb_yello:

WHAT? :aah: c'mon guys...it's him! it's in the strange accent he has! :lmfao: I could tell it was him but the way he said "sucks" :mf_rosetinted:

But overall, the intonation is quite weird to be honest, but you get used to it after a while. :lol3: and moreover it sounds very natural in the end. :roftl:

Confession: the first time I heard it I thought: "ooooh so that's how Mika sounds on the phone! :das: " though I have heard him talking like that before in some interviews too...:naughty: *hintthecustommadeboxersinterviewhint*

Remember when that Daniel Powter song was up on YT and they were claiming it was Mika? :lmfao:

Yes, that was hilarious. How could anyone who has ever heard Mika think that it was him? :blink:

John told us big girls to eat a huge meal, dance around on stage and then come off stage and throw it all up again :teehee:

I think he was trying to encourage us to help ourselves to the food :blink:

Ok, that's a bit of an odd comment :aah:, but he seems to have a very dry sense of humour. I find him funny. And he has some weird obsession with feeding us anyway :roftl:.

I remember getting a great picture of John looking at a bag that Mouselle made for Mika... he really wasn't sure what to make of it :teehee:

Yes, that's always hilarious, when he sees/hears stuff that we say or do and he has that bemused look on his face :naughty:.

Of course it's Mika:

"dude, YOU'RE perspective on life sucks" "

Well no, but I thought maybe it would help people to process what they are hearing. I mean is it really so difficult to detect that this is Mika's voice when you can actually see him speaking? I can understand that some people (especially ESLers) didn't notice when they first heard the song, but I thought once the video was released it would be obvious to all.

I'm a very aural person so maybe my brain works differently.

It's him, I'm sure. And i'm an ETLer :naughty:

Yes, me too, I found his effort at a pretend accent hilarious :aah:.

me too :roftl:

WHAT? :aah: c'mon guys...it's him! it's in the strange accent he has! :lmfao: I could tell it was him but the way he said "sucks" :mf_rosetinted:

But overall, the intonation is quite weird to be honest, but you get used to it after a while. :lol3: and moreover it sounds very natural in the end. :roftl:

Confession: the first time I heard it I thought: "ooooh so that's how Mika sounds on the phone! :das: " though I have heard him talking like that before in some interviews too...:naughty: *hintthecustommadeboxersinterviewhint*

I had no idea really :teehee: .. Christine had to tell me :shocked:

Even now if someone said ... its MR X I wouldnt be totally suprised .. its him yes but still ..

What accent is it supposed to be ? American where? south?

That's hilarious :lmfao: Poor John, he always ends up lugged with all of Mika's crap. He's such a sport . I still remember the early days where he seemed quite errm...shocked :naughty: at the whole setup, and dare I say even grumpy, but he quickly got into the swing of things and I find him a total sweetie now :blush-anim-cl:.

Yes, me too, I found his effort at a pretend accent hilarious :aah:.

It sounds like he's trying to put on an american accent, yes, and I can hear the slight southern accent in it as well....or something similar to that in any case :blink:.

The reason why it's easy to spot that it's him is that accents change, but the tone of the voice remains the same. I think that I can recognise his tone anywhere, no matter what language or accent he's using. But then again, due to moving around so much througout all my life and being in contact with people from so many different nationalities and areas, maybe I find it easier to hear and recognise all these things :dunno:

When I first met John I totally thought he was a grumpy old man :naughty: But I've talked to him more since, and yes his sense of humour is rather dry, but I like him now. I think he just had to get used to us :naughty:

I knew straight away that it was Mika in the intro, too. I was like "what the heck is up with that accent?" I love the way he goes "and I saaaaawwww his goooold CREDITCARD" :roftl: but I think he loses the accent when he says "you know, quite a good looking face" though lol...ah well, he tried :teehee: and it's probably a better effort than what I could come up with :aah:

About the tone of voice...whenever I speak in Japanese my voice changes a bit :aah:

Yes the only time I've had trouble recognizing his voice is when the pitch is different. When he was young before his voice broke and when it was artificially altered for Grace Kelly. But if you use software to change the pitch back to normal in the Grace Kelly clip you can hear it's him as plain as day.

OMG, please post!

Yes, that was hilarious. How could anyone who has ever heard Mika think that it was him? :blink:

Ok, that's a bit of an odd comment :aah:, but he seems to have a very dry sense of humour. I find him funny. And he has some weird obsession with feeding us anyway :roftl:.

Yes, that's always hilarious, when he sees/hears stuff that we say or do and he has that bemused look on his face :naughty:.

Sarita, mujer...:bye:

You quoted me and left it blank, there was no smiley to describe your anger?:mf_rosetinted:

I had no idea really :teehee: .. Christine had to tell me :shocked:

Even now if someone said ... its MR X I wouldnt be totally suprised .. its him yes but still ..

What accent is it supposed to be ? American where? south?

Yeah, I think he was aiming for the deep south, like Georgia, the stereotypical 'Country" accent. :naughty:

I shocked there's so many people who didn't think itwas Mika at first. I knew it was him and figured every one did :blink:

First time I heard that I didnt think it was Mika .. really :roftl::thumb_yello:

Neither did I :roftl: his voice sounds so wicked there,I thought it was voice of some actor from 60's movies or so lol:naughty: (personally it reminded me of Anthony Perkins' voice:teehee::wub2:)

Same here. :naughty:

I knew it was him too of course, but just pointed out that his voice sounds differently,quite altered, so for the first listening it may sound as if it's not Mika's voice. Plus that accent! :teehee:

I live beside Georgia :wub2: I think it sounds North Carolinian :naughty:

Well I was just giving him a general area since he's not american and prolly doesn't know our accents very well. Kinda like most people not being able to tell the difference between Austrailia and New Zeland :teehee:

Same here. :naughty:

I saw all the confusion in this thread and I was like :blink: Huh? Of course it's Mika.

Well I was just giving him a general area since he's not american and prolly doesn't know our accents very well. Kinda like most people not being able to tell the difference between Austrailia and New Zeland :teehee:

I saw all the confusion in this thread and I was like :blink: Huh? Of course it's Mika.

:naughty: okie dokie

Archived