Blame it on the girls Intro!

MrGuilleWill

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I'd be really surprised if any American or Canadian thought this could be John or another American. I thought it was a decent Louisiana accent but the southerners assure me it sounds really fake. :roftl:

Well, I'm an ESL'er but I'm absolutely certain that this is Mika. Absolutely. Not jumping to any conclusions, coz it's so clear :lmfao:

Yeah; it is definitely, unequivocally, absolutely, for sure, 100% Mika. I wouldn't doubt that for a second!

But I feel like this is a really stupid question, and I hate to ask this because I hate stupid questions so I'm really sorry for asking a stupid question, but I really want to know!:aah: Who is John?!

:lmfao:

That was supposed to be a southern accent?

Oh, Mika. :teehee:

I doubt it, but New Orleans was the closest thing I could come up with to any sort of real accent. :roftl:

I would be curious to know what he was going for there. I wonder if he's mocking someone he's met.

I doubt it, but New Orleans was the closest thing I could come up with to any sort of real accent. :roftl:

I would be curious to know what he was going for there. I wonder if he's mocking someone he's met.

I guess that will have to go on our long list of questions for Mika. *sigh*

:naughty:

I knew the second I heard it. I've never bothered to investigate because I'm certain it's him. :dunno:

Same here. When I first listened to the song my brother and I were sitting at the computer and my brother bursts out laughing and says "OMG, MIKA SOUNDS LIKE ME TRYING TO PUT ON A ACCENT!!" even he didnt doubt it was mika and hes not much of a fan :roftl:

Gotta say, it sounds a lot like John to me.

Agreed - doesn't sound like John to me. :teehee:

In fact, the way he says "bar" it totally sounds like someone with an English-y accent trying to sound American - a "real" American would have pronounced the "r" in "bar" more strongly, but instead it comes out as "bahhr. :roftl:

*gets flashback of John telling me that my wedges were unhealthy*

no, deffo not his voice :roftl:

:roftl:

I thought that said wedgies when I first read it.

:floor:

:aah:

Sorry

:lmao: OK that would be.. strange..

na we were waiting in line and he comes over and says 'whats for lunch?' and i had a plate of wedges so i was like 'oh, wedges' and he pulls a face and then sees OakieDokes veggie burger and goes 'Oh, THATS healthy.'

na we were waiting in line and he comes over and says 'whats for lunch?' and i had a plate of wedges so i was like 'oh, wedges' and he pulls a face and then sees OakieDokes veggie burger and goes 'Oh, THATS healthy.'

:teehee:

I love him.

He asked my sister if she was cold because she was wearing 2 jackets. When she said yes, he looked worried and said, "You aren't sick are you?"

:teehee:

I love him.

He asked my sister if she was cold because she was wearing 2 jackets. When she said yes, he looked worried and said, "You aren't sick are you?"

I was amazed I could even manage to get some food down, I was so excited about Mika. Then his manager comes over and insults my food choice :lmao:

Haha :biggrin2: John is nearly as amusing as Mika sometimes I wanted to get a photo with him, cos I'd heard so much about him.. :teehee:

Did you?

I asked him at the M&G and he wouldnt let me :sad: he said, "na, you don't want a photo with me, I'm just the manager" and I started going "please" and he said "oh, ok" but then Mika turned around and dumped a huge load of gifts in his arms and John had to start following Mika around :naughty:

John is such a crunchy-granola-hippie. :wub2:

Wedges? As in, potato wedges? :blink:

Potato%20wedges.jpg

It's Mika, trust me. It's not John. I'd bet my life on it. :naughty:

Well, I'm an ESL'er but I'm absolutely certain that this is Mika. Absolutely. Not jumping to any conclusions, coz it's so clear :lmfao:

I'm absolutely certain too that it's Mika. I'm not 100% sure about the accent though, i dont think it's southern but it's definitely american.

I asked him at the M&G and he wouldnt let me :sad: he said, "na, you don't want a photo with me, I'm just the manager" and I started going "please" and he said "oh, ok" but then Mika turned around and dumped a huge load of gifts in his arms and John had to start following Mika around :naughty:

That's hilarious :lmfao: Poor John, he always ends up lugged with all of Mika's crap. He's such a sport :wub2:. I still remember the early days where he seemed quite errm...shocked :naughty: at the whole setup, and dare I say even grumpy, but he quickly got into the swing of things and I find him a total sweetie now :blush-anim-cl:.

The first time I heard BIOTG I immediately thought it was Mika...I couldn't stop laughing at his idea of a "southern" accent. :lmao:

Yes, me too, I found his effort at a pretend accent hilarious :aah:.

I'm absolutely certain too that it's Mika. I'm not 100% sure about the accent though, i dont think it's southern but it's definitely american.

It sounds like he's trying to put on an american accent, yes, and I can hear the slight southern accent in it as well....or something similar to that in any case :blink:.

The reason why it's easy to spot that it's him is that accents change, but the tone of the voice remains the same. I think that I can recognise his tone anywhere, no matter what language or accent he's using. But then again, due to moving around so much througout all my life and being in contact with people from so many different nationalities and areas, maybe I find it easier to hear and recognise all these things :dunno:

Archived