Mika 'wants more Stateside support'

dcdeb

(dcdeb says: I wonder where they got this info from? And WHEN is Mika coming to the US???!!! I'd also like to know when it hit #19 on Billboard,

because I never saw that!)

Tuesday, February 9 2010, 7:02am EST

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Mika 'wants more Stateside support'

160x120_starsnaps_us_tm_mika.jpg

Mika has revealed that he plans to tour the US to increase his profile.

The singer reached number 19 on the Billboard 200 with second album The Boy Who Knew Too Much, but claimed that he is not given enough radio support Stateside.

"It costs a fortune but I have fans there," he told the Daily Star.

Debut album Life In Cartoon Motion peaked at number 29 in the US, shifting over 300,000 copies.

Mika releases new single 'Blame It On The Girls' on February 15.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(dcdeb says: I wonder where they got this info from? And WHEN is Mika coming to the US???!!! I'd also like to know when it hit #19 on Billboard,

because I never saw that!)

perhaps it was a downloads only chart?

I can't remember figures and chart positions but I was surprised to see how well TBWKTM had done when it was released over there.

Well my theory is, he needs to cash in on the Gaga friendship. :mf_rosetinted:

She was the one who posted on his myspace before she was famous. It said Mika marry me, or something like that:aah:

Wait, what? Really?

I didn't know Mika knew GaGa pre Just Dance. I know he was BFFs with Katy Perry back when they were nobodies, but Gaga too? For realz? :shocked:

Wait, what? Really?

I didn't know Mika knew GaGa pre Just Dance. I know he was BFFs with Katy Perry back when they were nobodies, but Gaga too? For realz? :shocked:

I know right? :shocked::blink: If I see Mika tomorrow after Alan Carr and if I remember I shall interrogate :aah:

Well my theory is, he needs to cash in on the Gaga friendship. :mf_rosetinted:

She was the one who posted on his myspace before she was famous. It said Mika marry me, or something like that:aah:

Are you sure it was not Katy Perry? I remember some yummy correspondance from mid 2006 or so...:naughty:

When The Boy Who Knew Too Much was released Lady GaGa tweeted that Mika's new album was brilliant.

From what I have gathered they have been friends for quite awhile.

Mika is going to perform at Radio City Music Hall in New York this year.

When The Boy Who Knew Too Much was released Lady GaGa tweeted that Mika's new album was brilliant.

From what I have gathered they have been friends for quite awhile.

yes, Mika mentioned he saw her perform before she shot to fame / or perhaps it was Perez mentioning how him and Mika went to see Gaga - well before the hype set in -, but I have never heard of that myspace message of hers to Mika...

I hope it's true. :teehee:

I want to see it and I want it now. :biggrin2:

:lmfao: that is so true! I have found two other fans.. IN MY TOWN. :swoon:

then.. My friends are converting :wub2: (some)

:boing:

It's really hard to convert people into Mikaism. It's a hit or miss - love or hate - either you like him straight away, or you are never going to. He is not the type that has to grown on you like for instance Rufus. He is a fungus that must grow. Mika is INSTANT. I remember the first time I heard him back in 2007 - my jaw literally hit the freaking floor, just from the first line. That was IT for me. Mika has been a constant force in my life since the first moment I ever heard him - and shall remain forever more.

But, in general and especially after 3 years - most Americans just don't get it - they can't accept it - and don't want to. It is a shame - and pity on them BUT . . . he is never gonna be a Katy Perry or Lady GaGa . . . that is hard for most of us to accept - because we LOVE and adore him so much. But, the truth is the truth. AND HELLO that is NOT 'my truth' that is America for you!

Archived