Mika at Festival Montgolfière, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, Canada Aug. 15 2012

As per their website:

http://www.ballooncanada.com/index.php/en/spectacles/fiche/mika/1345079700/scene

Mika

Loto-Quebec Stage

09:15 pm

Attention! A ball of energy will be hitting the International Balloon Festival this year in the form of singer-songwriter Mika, who quickly won recognition with his single "Grace Kelly" in 2006, selling more than 3 million copies worldwide. His first album, Life in Cartoon Motion, sold over 6.5 million copies and gave us hits like "Lollipop”, “Love Today", "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" and "Relax, Take it Easy".

His second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, was released in 2009. He quickly climbed into the Top 10 in multiple countries with hits like "We Are Golden", "Blame It on the Girls" and "Rain".

Mika is currently recording his third studio album, The Origin Of Love, with the breakout hit " Elle me dit," which has remained top of the worldwide charts since its release in 2011. There will be no resisting his dance-beat pop music sound that will sweep through the International Balloon Festival!

EDIT: i sent a message to the festival about the tickets and they answered:

Pour assister au spectacle de Mika, il s’agit de se procurer un billet d’une journée qui vous donne accès au site.

Ces derniers seront disponibles en ligne vers la mi-mai ou directement sur le site le soir du spectacle.

To see Mika in concert, we have to buy a ticket for one day that allows us on the site.

Day tickets will be available mid-may or onsite the night of the show.

(i would be afraid that it is full by then though :teehee: )

Edited by guylainem123

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS !!!

Anther article : Journal de Montréal

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/02/mika-et-simple-plan-a-saint-jean-sur-richelieu

Le chanteur britannique Mika sera de retour au Québec cet été. L’interprète de Grace Kelly et Elle me dit sera de la programmation de l’International de montgolfières de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, tout comme le groupe Simple Plan, qui fera de ce festival familial son unique arrêt estival dans la province.

Ce n’était que partie remise. Après avoir offert une prestation des plus colorées lors de la grande finale de Star Académie, le 25 mars dernier, le chanteur britannique Mika, qui avait dû annuler sa présence à l’International de montgolfières pour raisons de santé en 2007, pourra finalement se produire dans le cadre de l’événement.

« Quand nous avons vu qu’il participait à Star Académie, c’est là que les choses ont débloqué, a dit Louise Lamoureux, directrice des spectacles à l’International de montgolfières. Nous nous sommes dit qu’il était vraiment dû pour revenir dans la région de Montréal. »

Mme Lamoureux et son équipe ont alors contacté Paul Jessop, vice-président de la promotion nationale chez Universal Music Cana*da, qui a accepté de leur donner un coup de main. C’est ainsi qu’ils ont réussi à inscrire le nom de Mika à leur program*me du 15 août.

« Nous sommes très contents, parce que sa chanson en français (Elle me dit) est vraiment très bonne, a-t-elle affirmé. Nous attendons un nouvel extrait de son troisième album sous peu. En plus, on nous dit que le disque pourrait être lancé avant le début du festival. »

After what Mika did at Star Academie, I have no doubt that A LOT of people want to see him :mika2: I'm really happy for all the Canadian fans :canada::yay:

A short AD on their youtube channel

[YOUTUBE]jNKpYDjuXCI[/YOUTUBE]

Where do we get tickets? I see tickets for the festival but I thought last time there were tickets specifically for Mika?

This stage is massive :aah:

scene_loto-quebec.jpg

i sent a message to the festival to find out

I think that's for the balloon festival, not for the gig itself.

EDIT: Oh wait think it says entertainment included but amusement rides extra? :dunno:

i don't think the tickets on sale yet... i'll look into it today :blush-anim-cl:

but usually tickets include your entree for the day, as far as i can remember

i don't think the tickets on sale yet... i'll look into it today :blush-anim-cl:

but usually tickets include your entree for the day, as far as i can remember

I've never come to a Mika gig before and this might be my first time, so can you help me out?