Meet Ups Take Care

Hiya Tanya :thumb_yello:

Its so true you know , I do get kinda freaked out sometimes , no matter how much we say it the net does have some nasty people lurking .. there are some meets ups taking place so its worth a bump huh!

Maybe not so much for the aussies .. you all kind of know each other :thumb_yello:

Definitely worth the bump:thumb_yello: We should all be careful about personal information as well....even just a simple thing like posting your MSN details.

....and I don't know about us aussies....meeting Kelzy would petrify the life out of me :naughty:

Definitely worth the bump:thumb_yello: We should all be careful about personal information as well....even just a simple thing like posting your MSN details.

....and I don't know about us aussies....meeting Kelzy would petrify the life out of me :naughty:

Well this is true .. avoid at all costs :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

But your right , mobile numbers , contact details , addresses all should be handled with care:thumb_yello:

The thing with meetups is that we are posting hotel information , meeting places etc ......

We are usually in large groups so its ok , but we cant be too careful :thumb_yello:

Well this is true .. avoid at all costs :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

But your right , mobile numbers , contact details , addresses all should be handled with care:thumb_yello:

The thing with meetups is that we are posting hotel information , meeting places etc ......

We are usually in large groups so its ok , but we cant be too careful :thumb_yello:

also a lot of the meet ups are in publicish places, it's on here where people are meeting...

even as an adult i always tell my rents if i'm going somewhere like this, then people know where you are and the kind of time you are expected back :)

I was very careful when I first met some MFCers (Mariposa will remember XD she had to take pictures of herself in front of the screen with my message and so on :roftl:) But yeah we met at a concert which makes it easier and now I know quite a lot of MFCers and when I see an MFCer with another MFCer which I know on a picture then I know that the other one excists

it's getting complicated I stop here:roftl::roftl:

Be careful everyone !:thumb_yello:

• 4 months later...

A timely bump ... but also some information ....

The MFC is 97% ish percent female and around 60 ish % (last time we looked) around 16 year old or less.

Now .. we are lucky in here as many of us have met .. but you have NO idea what is behind a keyboard .. , anyone can pretend to be anything .. this is no laughing matter at all ....... I could pretend to be a Mika fan , to know him , to be part of his family or some "special" privelage .. and actually be some lunatic who hates Mika ...

The mods are here to protect BUT be careful out there . .....:thumb_yello:

Ill bump again when / if he tours :wink2:

If your unsure of someone .. IGNORE them .. its not worth it

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

The MFC is 97% ish percent female and around 60 ish % (last time we looked) around 16 year old or less.

Now .. we are lucky in here as many of us have met .. but you have NO idea what is behind a keyboard .. , anyone can pretend to be anything .. this is no laughing matter at all ....... I could pretend to be a Mika fan , to know him , to be part of his family or some "special" privelage .. and actually be some lunatic who hates Mika ...

Good call FD !! :original::thumb_yello:

Thanks for reminding us, FD.

It is true we need to be careful on the internet, not give any personal details such as private adresses, credit card numbers... to people we are not 100% sure of.

Just to add to that Nicki ... also be careful with these MSN & Facebook address threads too ... :boxed: ..... please take care ! :huglove:

thank you freddie! :punk:

i was thinking about that yesterday as well.

this place is great, but we should always be careful.

the mods are here to keep this place as safe as possible, but we can't control everything... including private messaging. if something doesn't look right or suspicious, you can always ask the mod teams... :thumb_yello:

that also goes for "things you want to give mika" but can't because of geography. it shouldn't be sent unless you are 100% sure, which is hard.

especially when someone is new on the forum, they don't know who is trustworthy or not.

does that make sense? :blink:

thank you freddie! :punk:

i was thinking about that yesterday as well.

this place is great, but we should always be careful.

the mods are here to keep this place as safe as possible, but we can't control everything... including private messaging. if something doesn't look right or suspicious, you can always ask the mod teams... :thumb_yello:

that also goes for "things you want to give mika" but can't because of geography. it shouldn't be sent unless you are 100% sure, which is hard.

especially when someone is new on the forum, they don't know who is trustworthy or not.

does that make sense? :blink:

Yes Guylaine ! This is true .... & it's important for ppl to remember that if anyone want's to send cards or gifts to Mika ... the addresses are in our FAQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I contact Mika?

You can contact him at his official MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace There are also two fan mail addresses: MIKA c/o Allison Hales 1790 Broadway, 10th FL New York, NY 10019 OR MIKA c/o Machine Management 4th Floor Studio 10 * 16 Scrutton Street London, EC2A 4RU

:shocked::naughty:

Thank you for bumping FD!

Didn't know this 3d; its true, we usually think we know each other better than we actually do!

We must always keep it in mind and be careful.

How can I contact Mika?

You can contact him at his official MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace There are also two fan mail addresses: MIKA c/o Allison Hales 1790 Broadway, 10th FL New York, NY 10019 OR MIKA c/o Machine Management 4th Floor Studio 10 * 16 Scrutton Street London, EC2A 4RU

Well, I didn't know that.

You'd think there would be a thread with all sorts of useful information in it, wouldn't you! :roftl::roftl:

Well, I didn't know that.

You'd think there would be a thread with all sorts of useful information in it, wouldn't you! :roftl::roftl:

Like the FAQs ? :naughty:

Which gives me a good opportunity to remind everyone of the existence of these FAQs, and also of the forum guidelines :wink2:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

i wish all newbies would read it!

I don't mean to be skeptical but how do you detect if a mod is legit or not?

I don't mean to be skeptical but how do you detect if a mod is legit or not?

If a mod is legit or not? :roftl:

I've just got a "good life" certificate for work (don't know what it's called in english, it's a paper which certifies you never broke the law), do you want to see it? :wink2:

If a mod is legit or not? :roftl:

I've just got a "good life" certificate for work (don't know what it's called in english, it's a paper which certifies you never broke the law), do you want to see it? :wink2:

In Canada they do a criminal check through the police before you're allowed to work/volunteer at a school in any capacity.

I wonder if I'm legit? :blink: