This Is Not Possible

ohwowitsnicka

I suppose it's possible he's flying private because it must be expensive to fly his entourage on commercial flights anyway. But I'm guessing it's about $80K+ for a return transatlantic flight and Mika's crazy if he's spending that kind of money just on flights.

He says he's skint and I believe it. He's not earning any serious money yet, and these US trips are probably a loss for him up to this point. The expenses he's incurred over the past year must be astronomical, even without private jets.

Keep in mind there was that blog entry of his that he apparently wrote in a plane last spring (on his way to South by Southwest, I think). He detailed how the passengers around him were getting mad at him for being bouncy, and the flight attendants as well...granted this was a few months ago. Sorry I don't have a linky :(

But yes, he does need a much more competent scheduler person.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind there was that blog entry of his that he apparently wrote in a plane last spring (on his way to South by Southwest, I think). He detailed how the passengers around him were getting mad at him for being bouncy, and the flight attendants as well...granted this was a few months ago. Sorry I don't have a linky :(

Yes but by then he must have started taking jets or something cause he's travelling so much all over the world..

Ughhh! I'm getting all worried about August 10th now...I really have my heart set on GMA in NY.

I get you, it sucks for everyone really not to know for sure :thumbdown:

Aahh this really is confusing!

I was so going to WOW in Sweden but now Im not sure... It would cost me loads and if it's not even sure he's going to be there.

Maybe I shouldn't go then... O_o

If anyone has any new information, whether it's about GMA, WOW, or Quebec, please post immediately! :wink2:

HUH??????? Passengers and crew complaining about him being bouncy????

I don't understand...... you make it sound like he's an ADHD patient off his meds.... :blink:

Or was he doing his "Sweet Dreams" shtick in the aisles???? :naughty:

That I would've loved to see.......:wink2:

He just can't do all three of them.. I'm pretty sure he will do GMA, because he wants to break trough in America, but that would make it impossible to be playing a proper gig in Sweden, it's more than six hours flying I guess.. that'll be hard. I really feel sorry for him, I want to hug him, give him tea, and tell him he should take some sleep :)

Yeah this is really weird...

I wish I knew what was going on cause like everyone else the biggest issue is money.

I have to pay for a hotel and stuff...which in new york is expensive!

Grr...

I wonder what's going to happen!

Yeah this is really weird...

I wish I knew what was going on cause like everyone else the biggest issue is money.

I have to pay for a hotel and stuff...which in new york is expensive!

Grr...

I wonder what's going to happen!

Yeah, no kidding!!! Not to mention the inconvenience and time lost due to travel plus all the stress that goes with it.... And that's above and beyond the expense.... :shocked:

I'm in North Vancouver, B.C and you won't see me running out to buy any tickets anywhere at this point... I don't know... This whole situation is really, really weird... I don't quite know what to make of it... :boxed:

Poor Mika, maybe he's even more confused than we are.... unless, of course, he does indeed have a twin or a clone...

No link? Do you remember at all where you might have read it?

Nevermind, I think this is it.

Patrick Wolf is a genius. Funny things happen on aeroplanes. I don’t know what it is. The unusually confined space, the recycled kerosene infused air or maybe its just being closer to God. My opinions become extreme. I tend to rant/bitch about everything, mostly to my sister (who pretends to listen), dance around euphorically to my iPod or cry at movies. I NEVER cry watching movies… normally. I am on a British Airways flight on my way to South by Southwest music festival in Texas. The flight attendant clearly doesn’t like me and he’s made it very clear. He could make condescension an art form and the lady next me complained to him about my headphone dancing, only making matters worse. Perhaps it’s the altitude that explains the extreme euphoria I am feeling for Patrick Wolf’s music. I have to admit I am quite late jumping on the Wolf bandwagon as he is already on his third album. The Magic Position is an album I can’t stop playing and I intend on making up for my lateness as much as possible. Once again, thanks to all of you who have come out to the shows over the past few weeks. With the speed at which everything has happened, playing live is the one thing that makes everything feel real. I now miss it when were not on the road doing gigs. Thankfully that doesn’t look like its gonna be an issue any time soon! LOVE TODAY VIDEO Just finished the Love Today video for which I collaborated with Sophie Muller again. Look out for my friends from the Grace Kelly video. Tune in to T4 tomorrow am to watch it. I have no idea what to expect of South by Southwest. I’ve always heard about it from people in the industry but never really from musicians themselves, so will be interesting. One thing’s for sure, with as many as 130 Brits over there this year, there’s sure to be a decent bar around to run away from the execs. I’ll write this weekend to let you know how it goes. Apparently I am doing a gig with Pete Townsend. Rumour has it that he may play live with me and my guitarist Martin on Love Today. Jesus, it’s a funny old life. Mika

OK, so we all know that mika was supposed to be in Sweden august 10th right?

And then they announced him being in New York August 10th right?

THEN WHY THE HECK WOULD THEY ANNOUNCE HIM TO BE IN QUEBEC AUGUST 10TH TOO ?!

show_banqueLau_02.jpg

I hope i didn't get all excited for nothing :(

erm...different timezones and times for the show? :boxed:

People wanting to go to GMA : don't worry, he won't cancel this one, it's already on his myspace. And like someone said : you DON'T cancel on GMA if you want to break through US. You should be safe on this one.

People wanting to go to Quebec, it would be physically possible to flight from NY to Quebec, or from NY to Montreal and then go to Quebec, it's "only" a 3 hours drive.

People wanting to go to WOW Sweden, i really don't know, but maybe he could perform on the 11th. In my opinion, this one is the less possible gig he could perform... And Jassissa, i'm not sure they would change your ticket just because Mika changed his day if he's not the only artist who was supposed to perform on August 10th at WOW, cause it's a festival, so you're not supposed to buy tickets to see only one artist... Or it's at your own risks... I'm sorry, but maybe i'm wrong !

About flying, i think he flies with normal planes, the Music company should pay for the tickets and so on.

Okay I'm so not going to WOW now :doh: Hope for people who bother to go anywhere on the 10th of August that he'll manage to show up somewhere, but I'm kinda expecting him to do a secret gig in Japan that'll be announced 10 minutes before instead :blink:

Okay I'm so not going to WOW now :doh: Hope for people who bother to go anywhere on the 10th of August that he'll manage to show up somewhere, but I'm kinda expecting him to do a secret gig in Japan that'll be announced 10 minutes before instead :blink:

:naughty: :naughty:

Thnx hunny! *hugs*

Yes I feel so sorry for him having this insanly tight schedule, but in the same time he did want to do this for a living and knew the bad side of it.

I'm just a fan that wants to see him, we shouldn't have to get this confused :thumbdown:

I know he did want to do this and I'm sure he knew what he was getting himself into, but I just wish his schedule was better handled....

And it's hard to please everyone !

Holy Johnny!!! Where are you?

Mika is omnipresent!! He's the gift of ubiquity!!!:biggrin2:

It's a sign of divinity:biggrin2:

LOL !!! :roftl:

People wanting to go to GMA : don't worry, he won't cancel this one, it's already on his myspace. And like someone said : you DON'T cancel on GMA if you want to break through US. You should be safe on this one.

People wanting to go to Quebec, it would be physically possible to flight from NY to Quebec, or from NY to Montreal and then go to Quebec, it's "only" a 3 hours drive.

People wanting to go to WOW Sweden, i really don't know, but maybe he could perform on the 11th. In my opinion, this one is the less possible gig he could perform... And Jassissa, i'm not sure they would change your ticket just because Mika changed his day if he's not the only artist who was supposed to perform on August 10th at WOW, cause it's a festival, so you're not supposed to buy tickets to see only one artist... Or it's at your own risks... I'm sorry, but maybe i'm wrong !

About flying, i think he flies with normal planes, the Music company should pay for the tickets and so on.

Just for the record, the show is not in Québec City. It's in the province of Québec indeed but the show takes place in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, which is approx 25 minutes drive from Montréal.

And yes I think the only way all of this would be possible is for him to play in Sweden on August 11th....

By the way they announced his presence at the show in Québec on the radio this morning...

Hahahaha yeah nothing's gonna surprise me now !!!

Thnx hunny! *hugs*

Yes I feel so sorry for him having this insanly tight schedule, but in the same time he did want to do this for a living and knew the bad side of it.

I'm just a fan that wants to see him, we shouldn't have to get this confused :thumbdown:

I know he did want to do this and I'm sure he knew what he was getting himself into, but I just wish his schedule was better handled....

And it's hard to please everyone !

Holy Johnny!!! Where are you?

Mika is omnipresent!! He's the gift of ubiquity!!!:biggrin2:

It's a sign of divinity:biggrin2:

LOL !!! :roftl:

Just for the record, the show is not in Québec City. It's in the province of Québec indeed but the show takes place in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, which is approx 25 minutes drive from Montréal.

And yes I think the only way all of this would be possible is for him to play in Sweden on August 11th....

By the way they announced his presence at the show in Québec on the radio this morning...

Hahahaha yeah nothing's gonna surprise me now !!!

I don't think Mika's record company is "paying" for anything. They have fronted him cash to make his album, make videos and tour but he has to pay it all back. They don't take a percentage of Mika's album sales, Mika receives a relatively small royalty from them. And the payment is minus their investment.

Barenaked Ladies have sold 10 million CDs and I'm quite certain they are not taking private jets anywhere. They live in fairly modest homes where they grew up and they tour on buses. They have dropped their record label and released their last album independently so they can keep the profits for themselves.

Mika is not U2 or Madonna (yet). I know he gets his underwear custom made but I can't believe he's such a prima donna that he feels a private jet is justified. If he is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on private flights when he's 6 months into his career, he's out of his mind.

I don't think Mika's record company is "paying" for anything. They have fronted him cash to make his album, make videos and tour but he has to pay it all back. They don't take a percentage of Mika's album sales, Mika receives a relatively small royalty from them. And the payment is minus their investment.

Barenaked Ladies have sold 10 million CDs and I'm quite certain they are not taking private jets anywhere. They live in fairly modest homes where they grew up and they tour on buses. They have dropped their record label and released their last album independently so they can keep the profits for themselves.

Mika is not U2 or Madonna (yet). I know he gets his underwear custom made but I can't believe he's such a prima donna that he feels a private jet is justified. If he is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on private flights when he's 6 months into his career, he's out of his mind.

I also remember reading somewhere (Aussie thread maybe?) that he couldn't fly Lorna (Lollipop Girl) to some of the performances because it just wasn't in the budget....

Besides...his allowance goes to TOYS! :naughty: