Petition to be Official Fan Club!!

Wendi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear things up.

1) Being official DOESN'T mean more money.

2) Being official would provide more publicity for MFC.

3) It would allow us to do MFC interviews with Mika, exclusive comps, etc...

4) We would still retain full control. Nobody from Universal etc would have any moderating permissions.

I hope this helps.

Just what I want to hear. Except from, I would love that the page got more money. I feel like a bitch, since I dont give money.

Just to clear things up.

1) Being official DOESN'T mean more money.

2) Being official would provide more publicity for MFC.

3) It would allow us to do MFC interviews with Mika, exclusive comps, etc...

4) We would still retain full control. Nobody from Universal etc would have any moderating permissions.

I hope this helps.

Would you ever solicit them for money or are you trying to stay away from that to retain control of the content? In any case I think it's good for now to try to gain official status and hash out any other agreements later.

I fully support your quest so please put my name down and let us know if you need anything else from the members.

I am not averse to paying fees but I'd like more transparency in terms of the costs and anticipated revenues before it moves from hypothetical into a real plan.

I don't know about others, but for me the most important aspect of an official fan club is access to future concert tickets. I realize the implementation of this (or even the need) may be years down the road, but I want to be able to purchase tickets before the general public if and when Mika is playing seated concert halls and arenas.

I agree totally with what you have said but didn't Mika fans get the chance to purchase tickets early anyway?(For the UK Autumn tour at least).

I got an email that meant I could buy tickets before the general public I believe.

Would you ever solicit them for money or are you trying to stay away from that to retain control of the content? In any case I think it's good for now to try to gain official status and hash out any other agreements later.

I fully support your quest so please put my name down and let us know if you need anything else from the members.

I am not averse to paying fees but I'd like more transparency in terms of the costs and anticipated revenues before it moves from hypothetical into a real plan.

I don't know about others, but for me the most important aspect of an official fan club is access to future concert tickets. I realize the implementation of this (or even the need) may be years down the road, but I want to be able to purchase tickets before the general public if and when Mika is playing seated concert halls and arenas.

I totally agree with you Christine. I'm willing to pay fees but want to know how much will it be needed and what it will include (only basic MFC like actual but faster, contests, etc). I'd also like to be able to buy tickets before general public.

I agree totally with what you have said but didn't Mika fans get the chance to purchase tickets early anyway?(For the UK Autumn tour at least).

I got an email that meant I could buy tickets before the general public I believe.

An email from where? I registered with Mikasounds months ago and have never received an email about anything.

There does seem to be alot of inconsistancy with the emails from Mikasounds.

I signed up in April and have always received emails but I have heard from lots of other people that have signed up and not received anything.

But yeah the email was from them about 5 days before the tickets were on general release I believe.

It would be great if we would have early access here tho, then every fan who visits reqularly would be aware of them.

There does seem to be alot of inconsistancy with the emails from Mikasounds.

I signed up in April and have always received emails but I have heard from lots of other people that have signed up and not received anything.

But yeah the email was from them about 5 days before the tickets were on general release I believe.

It would be great if we would have early access here tho, then every fan who visits reqularly would be aware of them.

I've received mail from mikasounds about pre-release tickets too, and Iget regular E- mails from them too. That said I would still hope that the powers that be recognise this site as official, as I signed onto the mikasounds forum the same time as here and checked into both with the same frequency, but because I didn't go on mikasounds for a couple of weeks they stopped me from being able to sign in, although I'm still a member and can access everything else (including the secret society). Couldn't even get hold of an admin or moderator to get it sorted. Here I have no such problems, and feel much more welcome, hence why I am 100% behind this campaign.

I've received mail from mikasounds about pre-release tickets too, and Iget regular E- mails from them too. That said I would still hope that the powers that be recognise this site as official, as I signed onto the mikasounds forum the same time as here and checked into both with the same frequency, but because I didn't go on mikasounds for a couple of weeks they stopped me from being able to sign in, although I'm still a member and can access everything else (including the secret society). Couldn't even get hold of an admin or moderator to get it sorted. Here I have no such problems, and feel much more welcome, hence why I am 100% behind this campaign.

What assurances will fans from other parts of the world (other than the UK) receive. We need to ensure that we will also benefit from becoming "Official" ? Contests and tickets seem to be limited to the UK - even from the already existing official Mikasounds.

What assurances will fans from other parts of the world (other than the UK) receive. We need to ensure that we will also benefit from becoming "Official" ? Contests and tickets seem to be limited to the UK - even from the already existing official Mikasounds.

I think you are quite right, ALL members should be assured the same privileges regardless of where in the world they live. Ticketwise, as Ticketmaster seem to be the outlet that is the most globally accessible, maybe they should be the outlet of choice for pre-release tickets.

Competitions, meet and greets, maybe if they can be run by volunteers from various countries, but as Mika is based here, arrangements can be finalised here and then the agent from each country liase with whoever deals with Mikas people here, and set up the details of competition/meet & greet on their end. (I hope this isn't confusing).

Just a couple of ideas.