The Blue Meanies - A place for Beatlemaniacs

TheBlackQueen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mici, my love, sooooo good to see you around too, missed you, you know...

BTW, I've been in Abbey Road, crying my eyes out, of course, it was my first time, hehe. I can post some pics if you want...

Hi Asun. :wub2:

Yes, please post some pics if its possible. :thumb_yello:

yes! i think their new album is going to be released sooner than Mika's...

*runs off*

:lmfao::roftl::roftl:

Kath!!! :wub2: Had no idea you liked the Lads as well!! You're so welcome here!!

Wow, the show must have been amazing beyond words, I wish I could see it someday too, but at those prices, plus the trip to Vegas... I'm not very fond of Cirque du Soleil, but I'm sure I'd love "Love":naughty: However, I haven't seen any of their shows, so I don't really know why I'm not so fond of them, perhaps I'd be a fan if I went to one of them?:blink:

Mici, my love, sooooo good to see you around too, missed you, you know...

BTW, I've been in Abbey Road, crying my eyes out, of course, it was my first time, hehe. I can post some pics if you want...

Thanks Asun:wub2:

I am not a massive Cirque Du Soleil fan either.....well, Cirque du anything really:naughty: But if I was ever going to see any of their shows it was going to be that one. I have to admit that the acrobatics gave me the ebbie jeebies...I couldn't look in places.:shocked: But the music made it worthwhile.

I wouldn't travel to Vegas especially to see it...as you say...........it's a bit too expensive for that, but if you ever find yourself there it is worth the ticket price:thumb_yello:

I remember when I went To Abbey Road....when I was 18. It brought tears to my eyes too!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Asun. :

Yes, please post some pics if its possible.

Mici, my love! :wub2: Here's a couple of pics from Abbey Road for you (and everybody else, of course:naughty:).

Thanks Asun

I am not a massive Cirque Du Soleil fan either.....well, Cirque du anything really. But if I was ever going to see any of their shows it was going to be that one. I have to admit that the acrobatics gave me the ebbie jeebies...I couldn't look in places. But the music made it worthwhile.

I wouldn't travel to Vegas especially to see it...as you say...........it's a bit too expensive for that, but if you ever find yourself there it is worth the ticket price.

I remember when I went To Abbey Road....when I was 18. It brought tears to my eyes too!

Thanks fot that awesome pic of Abby, it's amazing! It happens the same to me when I see the acrobatics, never could watch them, always fear they'll break their neck!! But I'm sure the music makes it all worth it, I like the Love album very much, interesting new versions of my favourite songs, that's a thing to look forward to all the time, isn't it?

Being in Abbey Road was one of the most exciting experiences of my life so far, it may sound exaggerate, but I've been a fan since I was a baby (so my family say), so being actually in the place where it all took place was extraordinarly emotional. I think you can tell from the pics, hehehe.

25AbbeyRoad.jpg

22AbbeyRoadcrossing.jpg

(Ok, I know the pic should have been taken from the other side, but I didn't even notice Rodrigo taking it, hehe).

24AbbeyRoad.jpg

And since I seem to be having a picture posting day, here's me in the only Beatles pub I know in Spain. It's in León, a beautiful city in the North where I'm going to be digging in soon. Can you imagine my excitement when I saw this?:naughty: My face was a poem, as we say in Spanish, and I even made friends with one of the barmen as usual:roftl:

IMG_3872.jpg

The-Beatles---Sea-Of-Science-Print-C12343377.jpeg

Feb. 25, 2009

Lost Photos of Young Beatles and Rolling Stones (1964-66) to Open New NYC Gallery

"In more than twenty years as a rock 'archeologist,' I've never come upon a discovery of this magnitude -- thousands of extraordinary unpublished photographs of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones -- young, innocent and unguarded. This is likely the largest single trove of such important unknown photographs ever uncovered."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/02/prweb2180884.htm

Edited by A. Clay

geo_harrison.jpg

george315.jpg

x_8f233521.jpg

george_harrison_small.jpg

Happy birthday george,Thank you for everything:wub2:

Feb. 25, 2009

Lost Photos of Young Beatles and Rolling Stones (1964-66) to Open New NYC Gallery

"In more than twenty years as a rock 'archeologist,' I've never come upon a discovery of this magnitude -- thousands of extraordinary unpublished photographs of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones -- young, innocent and unguarded. This is likely the largest single trove of such important unknown photographs ever uncovered."

woah cool!, thanks for posting :biggrin2:

Feb. 25, 2009

WOW! Thanks for postig this, it's really interesting!! A rock archeologist, that's what I want to be:naughty:

Mici, my love! :wub2: Here's a couple of pics from Abbey Road for you

25AbbeyRoad.jpg

22AbbeyRoadcrossing.jpg

Awwww, i can see how excited you are :wub2:, i bet it was special especially for a big beatles fan like you.

I will be in London in July so i am going to pay a visit as well.

Mici, my love! :wub2: Here's a couple of pics from Abbey Road for you (and everybody else, of course:naughty:).

Thanks fot that awesome pic of Abby, it's amazing! It happens the same to me when I see the acrobatics, never could watch them, always fear they'll break their neck!! But I'm sure the music makes it all worth it, I like the Love album very much, interesting new versions of my favourite songs, that's a thing to look forward to all the time, isn't it?

Being in Abbey Road was one of the most exciting experiences of my life so far, it may sound exaggerate, but I've been a fan since I was a baby (so my family say), so being actually in the place where it all took place was extraordinarly emotional. I think you can tell from the pics, hehehe.

25AbbeyRoad.jpg

22AbbeyRoadcrossing.jpg

(Ok, I know the pic should have been taken from the other side, but I didn't even notice Rodrigo taking it, hehe).

24AbbeyRoad.jpg

Amazing pics Asun! And I love your hair like that:wub2:

I'm a total Beatle freak!!! I've been learning English and music with their songs! :mf_lustslow:

The crazy thing is that my first band was named The Blue Meanies and... errr... I own the name :roftl:

My friends used to call me Her Blueness :naughty:

Please add me! My favourite Beatle is Paul McCartney :wub2:

I'm a total Beatle freak!!! I've been learning English and music with their songs! :mf_lustslow:

The crazy thing is that my first band was named The Blue Meanies and... errr... I own the name :roftl:

My friends used to call me Her Blueness :naughty:

Please add me! My favourite Beatle is Paul McCartney :wub2:

He's my favorite as well. :wub2::thumb_yello:

Header1Left.jpg

25150.jpg

BOOK REVIEW:

TURN ME ON DEAD MAN

Review by Ronnie Dannelley EARCANDY MAGAZINE

This is the simple case of a single book being better than all the websites on the Internet that you can find on a single subject -- in this case the subject being the greatest rock 'n' roll myth of all time. TURN ME ON, DEAD MAN gives the complete story of the hoax. The book covers everything, from its seemingly harmless beginnings to how it spread like a grass fire to become a nationwide phenomenon, complete with numerous radio shows, magazines, newspaper coverage, a TV special, and ultimately the disappearance of the rumor (but not until after the sales of Beatles' albums saw a remarkable jump!)

There were also a few surprises for me (who thought he knew it all when it comes to the PID story): one of the first newspaper accounts blends the Beach Boys unreleased SMiLE album into the mix -- and, the LIFE magazine cover which showed that Paul was alive in Scotland even had a death "clue" (when held up to the light in a certain way, you can see a car "crashing" into Paul from the car advertisement on the following page!)

Whether you are new to the "Paul is Dead" saga or a longtime Beatles fanatic, make TURN ME ON, DEAD MAN your "one-stop shopping place" for the whole story of rock 'n' roll's finest hoax.

:insane: H Y S T E R I C A L

URBAN LEGEND HOAX!

http://www.ispauldead.com/

Life$202.jpg

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/IBP/Intro.php

Edited by A. Clay