Official MFC Magazine Planning Thread

i'll just post the complete name suggestions list again, with the new suggestions added, so we have it all in one place. :wink2: this is a brainstorming, so add everything that comes into your mind. the more to choose from, the better. :biggrin2:

Name suggestions:

Pointlessly Delicious

MIKA

Mikazine

Mikamaniacs

Mika Fan Club

MFC

MFC Mag

Love Today

Mag in Cartoon Motion

Mika Monthly

MIKAFANTASTIK

MIKALICIOUS

MIKA LOLLIPOP MAG

MIKA CHABBY MAG

MIKA IN LIFE MAG

MIKA STUCKY MAG

Picamag

Why Not Magazine

MFC Superfans Mag

Who is Billy brown?

talking about research, add me in for that too, that's something i'm really good at! :biggrin2:

of course i'll also provide my pictures for the mag, don't have any really good ones yet though. you can find the ones i have here: http://www.mikafanclub.de/bilder-muenchen.php

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking about it and I thought it would be a cool idea if we included a "Collector's Corner" section where fans can send in pictures of new memorabilia that they've collected. It could be anything from a magazine to Mika's latest single. Just an idea!

Maybe including one page for Arts and Crafts too? That way, we can include the fans in an even greater way by showing their love for Mika in a creative way.

I still think trying to get a Q&A with Mika, the band, or Jerry would be cool. We could give a survey of questions that fans want to know and have a representative to ask the questions...then we could include them in the mag. A lot of work, which would take a lot of luck, but I think it could be neat to try to include the band in a bigger way!

If I come up with anymore ideas, I'll post em. Feel free to pm whenever a job comes up that'll suit me. I know we have a lot of editors, but I am also willing to help with that.

I was just thinking about it and I thought it would be a cool idea if we included a "Collector's Corner" section where fans can send in pictures of new memorabilia that they've collected. It could be anything from a magazine to Mika's latest single. Just an idea!

Maybe including one page for Arts and Crafts too? That way, we can include the fans in an even greater way by showing their love for Mika in a creative way.

I really like your idea of a "Collector's Corner" and also Arts and Crafts. I think the mag would be a great place for these type of fan activities. I like the idea that the mag is both about Mika and also the fans who adore him. :thumb_yello:

Yay our resident graphics design guru is on board! Sivan, that's awesome. And let me hand you a drink to acknowledge the fact that you could design me under the table!

:cheers:

Did the one you created ever progress beyond a cover design? If we could generate some content, we could really get this show on the road!

I actually did a school project earlier in the year called `MIKA magazine`

I had a letters/questions to the editer page (Questions from random people who ask me the same thing over and over again.)

A `MIKALICIOUS` fashion spread on what I thought his own fashion line would look like.

A two page spread on the Greyness of the undies (This deserved two pages in my opinion!)

And a two page spread on the `Mika's comfessions` vid and `le bal masque` (My computer won't let me put the little thing on top of the `e`.)

Maybe you should have a vidio/picture caption of the week/month/etc.

If I can help, please let me know ;)

I read through the two threads again to gather the information about who has Adobe InDesign....besides the three listed below, maybe Sivan and Mellody also have the program? Any others? It seems like it might be the best, those of us without it can still gather, write, research, edit, poll, copy, paste, boost morale, create ideas and send everything to someone to put it together?

We need to decide what sort of software we'd like to use - my first vote is Adobe InDesign, but I doubt many people have access to that. If a few people do have it, we could have other people send them the content and those with InDesign could flow it in.

Thoughts?

i usually use InDesign, then convert the whole into pdf format

Me too. It's a nice program.

Editorial Meeting:

Draft list of things that we'd like to include:

• Picture Captions - since that's how the idea was born!
  • Show pictures and reviews by MFCers
  • Links to articles by press (a perk of the online format)
  • Letters to Mika (a few each month, from different parts of the world)
  • Maybe some editorial content? E.g, "Mika - changing the definition of pop music?"
  • Fan art and drawings
  • RosinaKiwi started a thread where people translated Mika's songs (or portions of) into other languages - might be cool to add that, really show the MFC's diversity
  • Post cards to print
  • Center poster

Got more? Toss 'em out here!

Potential Magazine Titles:

Pointlessly Delicious

MIKA

Mikazine

Mikamaniacs

Mika Fan Club

MFC

MFC Mag

Love Today

Mag in Cartoon Motion

Mika Monthly

Picamag

MFC Superfans Mag

Who is Billy Brown?

Mikalicious

Mika Lollipop Mag

Mika Chabby Mag

Mika In Life Mag

Mika Stucky Mag

Why Not Magazine

I love Mikalicious and MFC.

Maybe not call it anything like `life in cartoon motion` because it's a bit of a mouthful and what will we do when the next album comes out?

If you do like it though, how 'bout `LICM`?

I really like your idea of a "Collector's Corner" and also Arts and Crafts. I think the mag would be a great place for these type of fan activities. I like the idea that the mag is both about Mika and also the fans who adore him. :thumb_yello:

I'm glad you agree! And I do think that a great angle to this magazine could be to make it about Mika and his fans. :thumb_yello:

ah you already collect the name suggestions in one of the posts, sorry, didn't see that. :blush-anim-cl:

as for indesign, i know how to work with it, but i don't have it at home. not yet anyway, might need to get it for my job though, and if i do, will let you know.

and about interviewing mika (or the band), i think the best would be if we prepared a questionnaire for him to fill out, someone gives it to him, he does it when he has the time and gives it back to another mfc member at another concert. i think it's more likely to get an interview this way, than to get a "real" interview with him. we could also ask him to write a short message to his fans every month, which we could scan as a handwritten message. don't know if he'd do that though, from what i heard he doesn't exactly like writing. but well, we can ask. :wink2:

I actually did a school project earlier in the year called `MIKA magazine`

I had a letters/questions to the editer page (Questions from random people who ask me the same thing over and over again.)

A `MIKALICIOUS` fashion spread on what I thought his own fashion line would look like.

A two page spread on the Greyness of the undies (This deserved two pages in my opinion!)

And a two page spread on the `Mika's comfessions` vid and `le bal masque` (My computer won't let me put the little thing on top of the `e`.)

Maybe you should have a vidio/picture caption of the week/month/etc.

If I can help, please let me know ;)

I love the idea of a fashion page :)

I love the idea of a fashion page :)

yes yes idd!!! we could use a pic every week/month the magazine comes out, and then show how you can copy that look with clothes from stores/online stores and stuff:biggrin2:

OOOOHHH I'd love to do that hihi:naughty:

hahaha wow Femifrosk looks like from a small idea it has blown into a massive action plan :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Now where to get started - i have NOOOOOooo idea :shocked:

hahaha wow Femifrosk looks like from a small idea it has blown into a massive action plan :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Now where to get started - i have NOOOOOooo idea :shocked:

i think the best way to start is to give everyone roles, what already is a bit the case....

then deciding on what program to use for the magazine, or how you're gonna put the magazine online...

yes yes idd!!! we could use a pic every week/month the magazine comes out, and then show how you can copy that look with clothes from stores/online stores and stuff:biggrin2:

OOOOHHH I'd love to do that hihi:naughty:

Like the 'get their look' sort of thing in heat! That would be great :biggrin2:

and about interviewing mika (or the band), i think the best would be if we prepared a questionnaire for him to fill out, someone gives it to him, he does it when he has the time and gives it back to another mfc member at another concert.

The only issue I forsee with that is Mika and his people having to carry a questionnaire around with them.

I'm thinking an online questionnaire might work better. My fiance is a computer geek, I could ask him to set up a questionnaire online after we all come up with a list of questions for Mika. We could arrange for someone who has plans to attend one of his gigs to give Mika the address of the questionnaire and explain to him about our little magazine.

The other way is to get someone on the case of trying to go through the "proper" media relations channels with Mika's people, and arrange it that way. Quite frankly I don't think we'd be able to wrangle an actual interview; Mika's busy with newspapers and TV stations that can enhance his reach, as opposed to our magazine which is mostly targeted at existing fans. We could give it a try though - as Mika would say, "why not?"!