Katy Perry

Ioana

i think it' "tongue" and not "thongue"... and i guess it means having a lot of taboos ? if an english speaker can confirm/correct that ?

and she said she watched a movie called jesus camp or something like that and that it was so similar to what she was going through it felt like they had made a movie of her life... she didn't actually casted in the movie !

Sorry, sorry, sorry!:blush-anim-cl:

I meant tongue, the thing some religious people do sometimes. It was just a spelling mistake I did!

And thanks for the explanation!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Her performace at the grammy's was horrible :boxed:

84698169.jpg

Is she trying to kill us here ?

Please tell me more!

Why was it horrible?

What did she sing?

Is that fruit around her waist?:naughty:

You Tube???

Please tell me more!

Why was it horrible?

What did she sing?

You Tube???

It sounded out of tune or it's only youtube's fault :naughty:

She wore a dress with strawberries and bananas which i found it very kitsch

It sounded out of tune or it's only youtube's fault :naughty:

She wore a dress with strawberries and bananas which i found it very kitsch

No, don't blame poor youtube! :naughty:

I watched it on TV and it was terrible!

Please tell me more!

Why was it horrible?

What did she sing?

You Tube???

It's easy,She sang 'I kissed a girl' :roftl: that explains everything

oh and she should never again wear flats...i used to somehow like her legs til now :boxed:

And also,when you go on advertising " one lucky fan will perform with me at the Grammys" , stick to not lying :mf_rosetinted:

It's almost disgusting what she did , there was no "lucky fan" on stage performing,just some videos in the background. I mean those people actually recorded and sent their entries in the illusion they'd get to do what she's advertising for ....pfff....

Edited by Ioana

Okay….

Maybe not one of her best performances….:roftl:

But this girl she is one of a kind, she has a very special personality, she doesn’t goes unnoticed.

Very fast she is even getting more speculative than Madonna back in the days!:naughty:

I think she is a girl with a plan.

What do you think?

Please tell me more!

Why was it horrible?

What did she sing?

You Tube???

HERE--

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgoUe5V3TEA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f

NOT VERY GOOD QUALITY, BUT WILL GIVE YOU THE IDEA OF IT.

AND another . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSFZFuwFDQQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f

Edited by A. Clay

Okay, it was NOT Youtube's fault.

1. Usually I like her clothes, but that dress is horrible

2. What fan? I ain't seeing any fans on that stage?

3. Horrible singing, but that wasn't a surprise, actually, hehe:mf_rosetinted:

Ditto! :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, I will throw a spanner in the works...and I will say that yes, this performance was a bit painful, but by no means was it any more painful to my ears than Mika's PDP singing.

I would draw the same comparison to the PDP concert singingwise: both Mika in Paris and Katy here are a bit 'off' at times, sounding strained, and more into the whole 'show' thing than into the actual music....And I'm not saying this just to defend her willy nilly, but to inject a bit of reality into the 'criticism'.

Anyway, having seen Katy live 3 times now, I find that her live gigs are a million times better than this performance (which truly sucked IMO), and are still fantastic.

I do think that she's great live, as anyone that has gone to one of her gigs can testify, and I don't think that this can be denied, as much as I hate her 'showiness' in general and her often seemingly (and increasingly) fake personality at the gigs...

I even took a few non Katy fans to the last gig and they all thought that she was truly fantastic. Basically, what I am trying to say is: give her a chance and go to a gig, and if you still don't like her after that...ok, then that is cool, but you will probably be pleasantly surprised :naughty:. It's NOT comparable at all to these horrid TV performances.

Need I remind anyone that there is no possible comparison quality wise between Mika's TV performances and his regular gigs?

Ok, I hope that this makes some sense!!

Ok, I will throw a spanner in the works...and I will say that yes, this performance was a bit painful, but by no means was it any more painful to my ears than Mika's PDP singing.

I would draw the same comparison to the PDP concert singingwise: both Mika in Paris and Katy here are a bit 'off' at times, sounding strained, and more into the whole 'show' thing than into the actual music....And I'm not saying this just to defend her willy nilly, but to inject a bit of reality into the 'criticism'.

With all the respect,but don't you think it's a bit lame to compare Mika and Katy Perry? I haven't seen Mika live,but I listened PDP for a few times and I was amazed by his singing there,not just me but a lot of my friends and family members as well. I think his singing there was one of the best in his career and he had improved his singing style...a lot.

I watched Radiohead last night ,and found it somewhat lame,but I figured it must have been much better live.

So Katy may be much better live,on most of her songs. But 'I kissed a girl' .... she just starts off by hitting the wrong note. It's a bad song for her

As for Mika,I can't say anything,because I didn't get the DVD nor was I there.

... Except that Relax was probably keyscrewed :glasses2:

I watched Radiohead last night ,and found it somewhat lame,but I figured it must have been much better live.

So Katy may be much better live,on most of her songs. But 'I kissed a girl' .... she just starts off by hitting the wrong note. It's a bad song for her

... Except that Relax was probably keyscrewed :glasses2:

Relax was the first song on the gig and it was perfect,believe me :naughty:

With all the respect,but don't you think it's a bit lame to compare Mika and Katy Perry? I haven't seen Mika live,but I listened PDP for a few times and I was amazed by his singing there,not just me but a lot of my friends and family members as well. I think his singing there was one of the best in his career and he had improved his singing style...a lot.

Ok, PDP was beautiful to watch, quality and 'show wise', but I don't think that one could by any means say that his singing was the best of his career. If anything, and on the contrary, I would say that this was one of the few times where his singing slipped his usual fabulous standards.

So, if that is improvment, I think that he needs to go back to the 'pre-improvement style' :naughty:.

Now in all seriousness: if you watch other videos where you can hear him sing in good quality, you can tell how in so many of the songs his voice sounds strained and like he's not hitting the right note.

I am not saying this to be nasty, or to criticise for the sake of it, so no need to get defensive over it...I'm just saying it because I find it very painfully obvious :original:

This actually reminds me of the Hammersmith 25th February '08 gig.

After the gig, I kept saying that his voice did not sound great, and that he had struggled hitting some of the notes, and missed others altogether. Now I have no clue of 'technical' stuff, but it was obvious to me that he was not singing to his usual standard. Of course when I said this, everyone jumped at my throat saying that is voice had been perfect, etc, and one would think that I was a total lunatic for saying that, because all the other fans were saying that it had been an 'amazing' performance, or one of his best, etc...

What did Mika himself tell us then 2 days later, at the famous Brixton afterparty? When the 25th at Hammersmith was mentioned, he actually said that his voice then had not been good.

I rest my case.

PDP was strained, and he was clearly not singing to his usual standard, and I would say that if you watch many of his YT vids you will notice that.

... Except that Relax was probably keyscrewed

Watch the YT vids of PDP and tell me....But yes, everything was a bit 'off' that night, in the sense that his usual standard was not there.

Amsterdam was way better, voice wise and everything wise, and you weren't even impressed there :naughty:.

I'd love to hear what you say after watching those vids. About IKAG, yes, I agree, it must be her worse song on the record and on stage.

Relax was the first song on the gig and it was perfect,believe me :naughty:

Ermmm.....As above :roftl:. Believe ME :bleh:

I have to say out of all the Mika gigs I have been to, performance wise, in my opinion, PDP would rank amongst the lowest. He was running about too much, was too tense and seemed too worried about how the "show" was going.

I really didn't enjoy it at all.

As for Relax, I haven't really analysed what was different from PDP onwards, I only know it WAS different and, in my opinion, spoiled. The first few bars of Relax was always a spine tingling moment for me, but something about the keyboards from PDP onwards, there's just no magic, no oopmh, IMO.

Maybe I have too much to compare PDP to, and that's the problem.

Ok, PDP was beautiful to watch, quality and 'show wise', but I don't think that one could by any means say that his singing was the best of his career. If anything, and on the contrary, I would say that this was one of the few times where his singing slipped his usual fabulous standards.

So, if that is improvment, I think that he needs to go back to the 'pre-improvement style' :naughty:.

Now in all seriousness: if you watch other videos where you can hear him sing in good quality, you can tell how in so many of the songs his voice sounds strained and like he's not hitting the right note.

I am not saying this to be nasty, or to criticise for the sake of it, so no need to get defensive over it...I'm just saying it because I find it very painfully obvious :original:

This actually reminds me of the Hammersmith 25th February '08 gig.

After the gig, I kept saying that his voice did not sound great, and that he had struggled hitting some of the notes, and missed others altogether. Now I have no clue of 'technical' stuff, but it was obvious to me that he was not singing to his usual standard. Of course when I said this, everyone jumped at my throat saying that is voice had been perfect, etc, and one would think that I was a total lunatic for saying that, because all the other fans were saying that it had been an 'amazing' performance, or one of his best, etc...

What did Mika himself tell us then 2 days later, at the famous Brixton afterparty? When the 25th at Hammersmith was mentioned, he actually said that his voice then had not been good.

I rest my case.

PDP was strained, and he was clearly not singing to his usual standard, and I would say that if you watch many of his YT vids you will notice that.

Watch the YT vids of PDP and tell me....But yes, everything was a bit 'off' that night, in the sense that his usual standard was not there.

Amsterdam was way better, voice wise and everything wise, and you weren't even impressed there :naughty:.

I'd love to hear what you say after watching those vids. About IKAG, yes, I agree, it must be her worse song on the record and on stage.

Ermmm.....As above :roftl:. Believe ME :bleh:

Here a link:

Relax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHlR_358J8

(Ioana you will LOVE the keys -or lack of- on this one :naughty:)

I mean, come on, I love Mika like the next person (and probably even more than some 'yes men' here) but that was NOT the best I have seen of him. Not at all.

Even the first 'ouaaa' is already off!!! And you can hear that his voice is kinda raspy...and it just goes downhill from there.