And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

The new PW dates are rumoured to be - St Petersburgh and Moscow on 24th - 25th of April. The "Avant" festival site doesnt put him onto "confirmed" yet, but theres an announcement in the "news" section....

And he has already played in Moscow in 2004 (I wasnt even living in Russia yet, so thats kinda my excuse :naughty:)

It was a cafe in the movie theatre ....

35805423c36fd00af65c19965468b445e9af7a8.jpg

35805459e019cc7a8f852a00ee69436514aab94.jpg

3580543ed2c247325af4da9aef95c721d35d853.jpg

35805474c6363e6b4b68cbb017c1c64125c88fa.jpg

3580549902ddff917646a82e0a0dcfc68bba51b.jpg

some pics stolen from LJ -http://www.liveinternet.ru/community/_patrick_wolf_/post68798619/

and some - from random reviews...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh, and smth even more "vintage" - PW aged 13-14

35806061efc1aca7df05dd52c257595436a9849.jpg

(stolen from LJ community pg, dont remember the poster, sorry....)

13-14?? Cuuuute :wink2:

Edited by keti

• 2 weeks later...

The video for Patrick Wolf’s new single ‘Vulture’ will be shown as a late night exclusive on MySpace UK this Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th March, 9pm-4am.

Deemed too provocative for even late night TV, MySpace are promoting the video as an exclusive post watershed in the late night hours, due to its graphic content.

Filmed in black & white, photographic style, it shows an enraptured, semi naked Patrick writhing in a full S&M, bondage outfit. The controversial scenes are intercut with those of Patrick as the leather clad ‘Vulture’ and as an unmasked icon. Inspired by experiences Patrick gained and suffered on the American leg of the 2007 ‘Magic Position’ tour, the video perfectly depicts these experiences, which Patrick describes as ‘getting involved in some dodgy satanic sex games and exploring the many dark sides of Los Angeles’.

Get ready to get hot under the (dog) collar…

The video was directed by Patrick himself in collaboration with Rory Broadfoot, a groundbreaking Director of Photography who works regularly with legendary Photographer Rankin.

The beautiful leather and bondage wear was provided by the visionary avant garde designers “Fleet Ilya” and the sculptural vulture cape was commissioned especially by Patrick as part of “The Bachelor” wardrobe from acclaimed up and coming designer “Ada Zanditon”

Go to http://www.myspace.com at 9pm on Wednesday to be the first to see the video.

‘Vulture’ is released on April 20th 2009 on download and 7″.

I don't know what to think... I'll reserve judgement until I actually see the video.

The music video for 'Vulture' is now up over here. But, ummm, don't watch it if you're the 'sensitive' type.

I have to say that I f*cking love it. I think a lot of people will hate it since it's the opposite extreme of his pretty, gypsy boy phase. It's indeed a very dark video but it's supposed be since it reflects how he felt at the stage when he wrote it. It takes a few rewatches to grow on one but I think overall he did a great job directing it.

I'm definitely looking forward to the release of 'The Bachelor'. :punk:

It looks like it would have been a lot of fun to film. :naughty:

The thing I like most about it is that it's both dark and camp at the same time. I think Mika should take a leaf out of Patrick's book for the next album. :fisch:

Patrick Wolf announces new UK tour

Singer to hit the road ahead of new album

The singer will hit the road this May, ahead of the release of his new album ‘The Bachelor’, which is released on June 1.

He plays:

Northampton Roadmender (May 15)

Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (18)

Oxford O2 Academy (19)

Leeds Cockpit (20)

Liverpool Stanley Theatre (22)

Birmingham O2 Academy (25)

Norwich Waterfront (27)

Sheffield Leadmill (28)

Glasgow Classic Grand (29)

Manchester Ritz (31)

London Electric Ballroom (June 1)

09122_140653_patrickwolfL121208.jpg

The music video for 'Vulture' is now up over here. But, ummm, don't watch it if you're the 'sensitive' type.

I have to say that I f*cking love it. I think a lot of people will hate it since it's the opposite extreme of his pretty, gypsy boy phase. It's indeed a very dark video but it's supposed be since it reflects how he felt at the stage when he wrote it. It takes a few rewatches to grow on one but I think overall he did a great job directing it.

I'm definitely looking forward to the release of 'The Bachelor'. :punk:

I like it! Very very sick, but brill. It was artistically done very well.

And the song is amazing too!

I like it! Very very sick, but brill. It was artistically done very well.

And the song is amazing too!

I don't think it's sick at all - just dark.

I've been wanting to hear the full-length version of the song ever since he started performing it live. It's awesome live but the album version is even better.

• 1 month later...

PW's personal experiences behind his return to the spotlight:

http://www.musicomh.com/music/features/patrick-wolf_0409.htm

Patrick Wolf's The Bachelor is released through Bloody Chamber Music on 15th June. The single Vulture is released on 20th April. Patrick Wolf tours the UK in May, including Brighton's The Great Escape Festival on 16th, concluding at the Electric Ballroom, London on 1st June.

+bonus card provided by that crazy gal+

1195149699.jpg

{random cuteness}:wub2:

And now guess who just ordered tickets for Cologne in August :stretcher:. No idea if I'll be able to go but... OH MY FU CKING GOODNESS!!! PATRICK WOLF!!!!!!!!!! *faints again* :stretcher: