What does MIKA mean to you?

HollyD

haha! i know!his cd makes you feel like ur life means something.like some1 likes you.

Yes, it does! And it makes you feel all warm an fuzzy- and realize that there is so much more to life, we just have to go out and grab it! Mika gives us the power deep inside to strive for more than we ever even knew we had before. MIKA is a light, that helps us shine brighter as well! :biggrin2:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for starting this thread!

I have been reading the forum for a long time, and never before has the posts made my cry. Untill now.

Thank's for charing your unic stories.

To me it's unbelivable that a person so young as Mika has the wisdom he has.

I'm really going to keep reading this thread.

THANK YOU- THANK YOU- THANK YOU!

That really means ALOT to me. And the reason I started this thread was to give each of us a chance to express what MIKA means to u individually. Just because he does mean SO much on so many ways. It is impossible to describe Mika, yet we can express what he means to us, and what he has done for our lifes. Because he has made a difference in all the lives that he has touched! I would give ANYTHING to be able to tell him, but I know that I most likely never will. So the next BEST thing is to be able to tell all of you!

THANK you to all of you who shared your touching stories with all of us! MIKA fans Unite! :thumb_yello:

Ur rite there.

I know that i was going through a tough part in my life last year. In october i went so bad that i went to depression. i were on tablets and phyciratry and stuff. at the beginning of the year My medication made me go ill and i was so messt up in my mind i went into severe anorexia. i was about to give up on life.

I asked God to help me out of this and he showed me Life in a cartoon motion. I put on Any other world and Big Girl( you are beautiful). Ever since then i feel that I can turn to Mika about all of my problems and he has a song on his album that would help me.

Mika always nos what would help me beel better.

When my Dyslexia is getting me down, Mika helps me out. I can see the songs he has made and it make me happier.

I dont know if you are there Mika but thankyou so much mate for being my rock over the past year. I just hope i can help you in some way. You give me the strength to live for another day. You are so brilliant.

Wow! What a fabulous testament! Mika is there for ANY situation. For anything that can possibly be going on in your life....good, bad, ugly or wonderful...there is a song for the situation. Any Other World got me through the worst tradgey of my life to date! Love Today makes me blissfully happy...and ANYTIME I need a TRUE pick me up....for me it is Stuck in the Middle.....pulls me out of any bad attitude ANYTIME! MIKA is my hero! :blush-anim-cl:

yes....i have had tough times in my life around when i was 7....now im 12 but im still recovering.this year i also had a rlly tough time because my cats ran away(i know my cats....they are like my best friends though)when i lost them it was like losing a family member.i was hysterical.mika got me through it though.somehow his music always makes you happy....it makes you sorta forget all the bad things and realize the good.:biggrin2:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk:

aww, this thread made you cry? thats so sweet. Its interesting to know that certain things that people take for granted to others are so personal

And i hope mika reads this one so that he knows that his music has developed so much that it is available to people and effects them on a much more exclusive and intimate degree in contrast of other 'chart-toppers'.

I think that is a predominant part of mica's success story, his ability to be relateable on all levels and ability to have both his heart and his optimism side by side and in the right place - on his sleeve.

That was so beautiful, and so TRUE!

Now I've pulled myself together and I'll try to explain a little more what I was thinking.

First of all, in this forum people are talking about Mika and things around him, performances, his clothes, his family, making up fantasy stories about meeting him and what they would do if that should happen, and it's playful and funny.

But maybe I've been missing to hear what you all think about his music and what it means to you.

That's why I got tears in my eyes when you let me share your beautiful stories.

He means a lot to me to, not only his music, even if it is great (and by the way, my favourite is Stuck In The Middle, both the lyrics and in the end, the way he devotes himself in to the music when he is playing the piano and humming).

Mika talks about beeing yourself-a good thing.

About having trouble in school-don't pretend that it's not happening, because it's hurtful and wrong, but remember school is just a short period of your life!

I could go on and on, but I think you get what I mean.

This 23 year old man is a source of inspiration to a lot of people, young and old.

I known Mika (or his music) for 5 months now and those 5 months have been amazing.

Mika has helped me through so much. I was feeling so down and i really thought my life sucked. I heard Grace Kelly and was blown away. The day after i went to New York and while i was there i bought his album. I came back as different person. I know it's sounds so incredibly lame but it's true.

Mika has turned my life around. He's done so much for me. Everytime i feel down i listen to him and he can turn the darkest days into the best ones. When i feel like there's no-one there for me i listen to Mika. If i have to let things go of my shoulders i listen and i cry. And i feel much better. Listening Any other world on repeat helped me through a tragedy that happened a while ago but i wouldn't let go. Every morning i start my day by listening to Love Today and my day is saved. I've always been sort of an outsider and been different from the mainstream but Mika helped me to be proud of it! His music always puts a smile on my face which i don't always notice, but others have started to do. :) And people i know can't understand me and why he means this much to me, but that's okay. As long as i understand i'm okay.

I have so much to think Mika for that there are no words good enough. He's more to me than just a musician or a person.

I owe him so much and i hope i'll be able to pay it back somehow.

I known Mika (or his music) for 5 months now and those 5 months have been amazing.

Mika has helped me through so much. I was feeling so down and i really thought my life sucked. I heard Grace Kelly and was blown away. The day after i went to New York and while i was there i bought his album. I came back as different person. I know it's sounds so incredibly lame but it's true.

Mika has turned my life around. He's done so much for me. Everytime i feel down i listen to him and he can turn the darkest days into the best ones. When i feel like there's no-one there for me i listen to Mika. If i have to let things go of my shoulders i listen and i cry. And i feel much better. Listening Any other world on repeat helped me through a tragedy that happened a while ago but i wouldn't let go. Every morning i start my day by listening to Love Today and my day is saved. I've always been sort of an outsider and been different from the mainstream but Mika helped me to be proud of it! His music always puts a smile on my face which i don't always notice, but others have started to do. :) And people i know can't understand me and why he means this much to me, but that's okay. As long as i understand i'm okay.

I have so much to think Mika for that there are no words good enough. He's more to me than just a musician or a person.

Awwww

It's been five months for me too.

I feel exactly the same way as you doo..

Grace kelly was the song which really changed me.

The first time i heard it, It felt like i had a connection.

and like you said about love today..

I also do the same..

I start my day with love today..

and the day comes out amazing!"

xxxxxxx

Wow Sonja! I'm really impressed by your words...You just managed to put everything MIKA's music can do in amazing words! Thank you for that! :wink2:

As for me personally, I have to say that since I started listening to Mika's music a lot has changed, inclusing me, myself and my behaviour/appearance etc... I never thought that music would have such power...but was proved wrong. Mika has coloured my life with the colours of the rainbow and added a source of inspiration and energy to my life which wasn't there before.

This 23 year old man is a source of inspiration to a lot of people, young and old.

If only we could open up the big speakers in the sky and blast LICM everyone and I mean EVERYONE would feel happy and want to be better. MIKA could single handedly be responsible for World Peace! :naughty:

Mika has coloured my life with the colours of the rainbow and added a source of inspiration and energy to my life which wasn't there before.

THAT is it! That is totally how he has colored my life and entire existence!

Mika has totally turned my life upside down !- in a good way :wink2: I cant quite imagine life at the minute without his songs to listen to ? when i see him performing live or on the telly , i dont see just Mika , i see a genius and legend in the making ? Something shines from him that i can't quite explain ... something really special , hes to me like an angel sent from above ( yeah probably sounds cheesy) by the way in which he promotes so much happiness and just radiates so much wisdom and love and doesnt sem to have a bad bone in his body? its strange, i cant some him up in one word. All i know is i have my down days being a working/single mum/uni-student, lol - ( i know, big load :) ) i can go home , stick life in cartoon motion on full blast , and all my troubles seem to drift away. Mika is such an inspiration to me and im sure im talking for all the fans on here and elsewhere. I don't know if anybody has the same views as me but just my feelings, my 4 year old even knows 4 of the chorus's to the songs - " love today, grace kelly, big girls and lollipop" hes even turned my son into a nut ! or wud that be me repeatedly playing the album ? hehe :wink2: .. what can i say - I love him !! hes my babe :wub2: Love you MIKA xxxxxxxx :wink2::mf_lustslow::wub2:

Mika is my life. He is the most important person in my life right now (who isnt related to me). He has made my life so much more wonderful now than i thought it could ever be. No matter what goes wrong, i know that i will always have his music to make me feel alive and full.

um. let me describe to you in a ... metaphorical way.

Before Mika came into my life, my sky was spotted with stars. Not very many stars, but the stars that were there shined extremely brightly and gave me reasons to be happy. Then, this amazing, bright comet came crashing down to earth. (the comet is MIKA. metaphorically of course. mika isnt a comet in real life. or else we would be obsessing over an amazinly talented and sexy comet.) So this comet lit up my whole sky with the amaazing and perfect and haha annoyingly catchy music emitting from its core/heart (???), and it gave everything a purpose, and everything came alive when this comet came. It made everyone/all the stars so energized and hyper active and happy. and since then, my life has been exactly that. energized, hyper active, and.... happy. and also complete. for now. until i meet the OTHER love of my life that i can actually be with. Mika will always be there in my life, and im so thankful and happy for that. Mika means everything to me. I cant describe the feeling in words really. im pretty sure you all know how i feel. and i wanna thank all you guys for everything. for understanding and being there for me in my times of not being understood by other people in my life. haha. and i know that you guys will prolly always mostly be in my life too. and im very thankful for all of this. Mika is my life for the moment now. and, you know how people say that we have no life, since all we do is mika and the MFC? Well, just think about how much little of a life we would have without him. We would be... dead without him.haha

so anyways, thank you mika. from the very deepest bottoms of my heart, and on the surface too, i thank you for everything that you have ever done. I could never wish for you, or anything to be any better at the moment.

Much Love,

Vanessa

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

wow. that was deep.haha.

muahs!! muaha! muah!*that means kisses*

O and mika, by this time you prolly realize that i love you. haha so. there. i love you.

o and... P.S.: you have some amazingly... sexy moves. keep it comin. wink.

♥♥♥♥♫☺♪☼

Bob, that's so beautiful!

I think i feel a tear coming.. *sob*

It's a pity english is not my mother tongue and I can't master it in such a way as to express my feelings. All I can say is Mika changed my life with his music, because it showed me you can be successful being who you are, no matter what the others say. He's an example in that sense and he gives me strength to persue my dreams unfalteringly.

I'm in love with his voice and I'm completely happy when the first chords of his songs fill the air. Not happy in an euphoric way, but in the sense of blissfulness and joy. He plays the piano divinely; I forget everything around me when I listen to his music. I can feel he is absolutely happy while singing and, somehow, his happiness touches me too. Only great artists can do that. Mika keeps alive people's dreams and makes the world a more livable place. And the only thing I can say is 'thank you'.

It's a pity english is not my mother tongue and I can't master it in such a way as to express my feelings. All I can say is Mika changed my life with his music, because it showed me you can be successful being who you are, no matter what the others say. He's an example in that sense and he gives me strength to persue my dreams unfalteringly.

I'm in love with his voice and I'm completely happy when the first chords of his songs fill the air. Not happy in an euphoric way, but in the sense of blissfulness and joy. He plays the piano divinely; I forget everything around me when I listen to his music. I can feel he is absolutely happy while singing and, somehow, his happiness touches me too. Only great artists can do that. Mika keeps alive people's dreams and makes the world a more livable place. And the only thing I can say is 'thank you'.

WOW! Well, that was beautifully said- I think you managed to get your feelings across....you definately mastered that expression! The world has been MUCH brighter this year...compared to previous ones! That is for SURE!

Mika has totally turned my life upside down !- in a good way :wink2: I cant quite imagine life at the minute without his songs to listen to ? when i see him performing live or on the telly , i dont see just Mika , i see a genius and legend in the making ? Something shines from him that i can't quite explain ... something really special , hes to me like an angel sent from above ( yeah probably sounds cheesy) by the way in which he promotes so much happiness and just radiates so much wisdom and love and doesnt sem to have a bad bone in his body? its strange, i cant some him up in one word. All i know is i have my down days being a working/single mum/uni-student, lol - ( i know, big load :) ) i can go home , stick life in cartoon motion on full blast , and all my troubles seem to drift away. Mika is such an inspiration to me and im sure im talking for all the fans on here and elsewhere. I don't know if anybody has the same views as me but just my feelings, my 4 year old even knows 4 of the chorus's to the songs - " love today, grace kelly, big girls and lollipop" hes even turned my son into a nut ! or wud that be me repeatedly playing the album ? hehe :wink2: .. what can i say - I love him !! hes my babe :wub2: Love you MIKA xxxxxxxx :wink2::mf_lustslow::wub2:

That is the good thing about Mika. He brings out the cheesy..ooeey gooeey-ness in all of us. And we are okay with that. How can you look at Mika or listen to him and not smile? We get all warm and fuzzy inside, and happy beyond compare- and want to go out and save the world. Mika brings the BEST out in all of those who appreciate him... and on the same note, kinda brings the WORST out in those that don't. They are just so extremely jealous that they do not know what to do! I mean come on... MIKA is sheer perfection and some people cannot handle that! Sad, but true!

findingmywords; 'he's my brand of heroin'

He he - a drug everyone can love...side effects may include euphoria, dizziness, blushing, optimism and slight drooling

Not to mention.....

hysteria, faintness, hyperventalation....etc. etc.....

Man, this drug has ALOT of side effects! CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION

MIKA is NOT for the faint of heart. But, guaranteed to make you WEAK in the knees!