2007 - Mika Interview Today On Compass Fm

Sara

Hi All!!!!

Mika was on Compass FM earlier this evening (on the A List) and was interviewed by Gail Porter.
I wouldn't have known if my friend hadn't have texted me to let me know - even though my text was after it had finished, ha ha ha, but she wanted to tell me that Mika mentioned me :biggrin2::thumb_yello: And my cow :naughty::thumb_yello:

It is quite a short interview but still worth listening to. :biggrin2:
O.k, here's the link, Byeeeeee. :biggrin2: xxx

http://www.thealist.co.uk/player/default.asp?playID=443124

Edited by Kumazzz
adding tags

Toy toy toy - I'm sure its just a "MIKA made-up" superstition sort of thing...

what a cutie patootie. Thanks for posting.

Nah I think it's quite a common expression for performers (theatre people at least) to use...think it's usually spelt toi toi toi btw :mf_rosetinted:

awwww that was great Sara THANKYOU!!!!!

Toy toy toy again ...he started saying that at T4 on the beach im not sure where it has come from though :cool:

hmmm

The toy toy toy agen!!

hmmmm

I wonder what tht means!

Thanks for sharing!

yeah, "toi toi toi" is an expression we use in germany to wish someone good luck, it's like "keeping one's fingers crossed" or "knock on wood". i wonder where he has it from though, is it used in any other language, too? or does he start speaking german now? :naughty::bleh: (i already love the german counting in "the only lonely one"! :wub2: )

thanx for posting! :biggrin2:

I just looked it up and I found a little passage that said that "toi toi toi" is something that opera singers commonly use to wish each other good luck. :) It also said that it was probably a corruption of the German word meaning "devil." :bleh:

'toi toi toi' is common in the artist/actor scene. It is figurative instead of spitting three times over the addressed person's shoulder (which apparently was a symbol for wishing luck.) Actors also use the expression 'Hals- und Beinbruch' ('Break a leg!') instead of saying 'good luck' (which is said to effect the opposite in that scene -- strange - LOL)...

Nah I think it's quite a common expression for performers (theatre people at least) to use...think it's usually spelt toi toi toi btw :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, Toi toi toi is an equivalent to 'break a leg'

:roll1:Shows how much I know...:doh: Tthought it was just his predilection of toys! :roftl:

I can't hear it pfft oh well, sounds like nothing new I guess/hope lol.

EDIT~ aha opened it in Explorer instead and the controls for the player appear under the pic of Mika YEEY!! I think the bearded lollipop girls would be scary for me lol but they are his favourites lol probs cos they are SOOO bizzare heh heh.

I can't hear it pfft oh well, sounds like nothing new I guess/hope lol.

EDIT~ aha opened it in Explorer instead and the controls for the player appear under the pic of Mika YEEY!! I think the bearded lollipop girls would be scary for me lol but they are his favourites lol probs cos they are SOOO bizzare heh heh.

Ha ha ha, yeah. They were at Shepherd's Bush and were very funny!!!:naughty: Good for them! :thumb_yello: It takes a lot of balls for blokes to dress as females(lollipop girls in this case). Their lipstick was a lovely shade of red. :naughty: :naughty: :thumb_yello:

Ok, this is slightly off topic but still related to the outfits....

Quite weird!!!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/festivals/article1805377.ece

Mika, the pop singer with a taste for high camp theatricals, has asked fans to wear outrageous fancy dress to his sold-out Summer Series concert at Somerset House.

He said: “I want as many people as possible to come dressed as ridiculously and fabulously as possible. All those coming in an outfit will be photographed and posted on my website in our gig gallery. Watch out for some other surprises too!”

At one recent performance, the Beirut-born star appeared in a jewelled hoody and tight trousers. Confetti was blasted from cannon and the singer shared the stage with men in monkey suits and the word LOVE in three-foot-high polystyrene letters.

His site’s “ridiculous and fabulous” page – where the audience photos will be posted – currently features one photograph of a male fan in drag in a pink Little Bo Peep outfit.

Mika, 23, rocketed from obscurity to next-big-thing status via MySpace last year. His single Grace Kelly hit number one in January after he was named “hot tip for 2007” by The Times. His stage charisma has been likened to Freddie Mercury’s.

The open-air Summer Series concerts at Somerset House in London run from July 12 to July 21. Also in the line-up are Lily Allen, Kasabian and Amy Winehouse. Most acts are sold out.

-> Someone posted a comment then saying:

The 'male fan in drag' is actually a woman...

Rosie, N Wales, wales

:boxed: