Your Sympathy/Overrated/You Made Me/Erase etc.

Zika

Hello, hello, hello!!

I have questions!

1. The songs mentioned in the title - is there any way to download them/get them on CD/anything really? Or will there be and when?

2. Which is your favourite out of these?

3. Has he done other good ones, not covers, which aren't on LICM?

4. Randomly - I haven't actually bought ANY of Mika's singles! I know, shock horror!! I'm skint, see!!! Can anybody tell me the track listings for them?

Thankyou in advanceeee

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated and You Made Me are demos that Mika doesn't want to be on the web... So we don't put them on the forum actually... You can ask if someone can send them to you.

Your Sympathy and Erase are actual released songs that are on the US and Canada albums.

I don't like any of them :biggrin2:

He has done other demos, that you can also ask if someone can send them to you...

I leave the track listing of the singles to someone else... Don't have them within reach...

:shocked: you're not supposed to talk about those are you?

"I would appreciate it if my demos were not posted up onto the forum. I do not know who leaked them, but as you can imagine it’s quite irritating." -MIKA

Yes, that's what i said in my first reply :blink:

No need to be "shocked" :naughty: (reference to the smiley you used, not to your actual state)

And only Overrated and You Made Me are demos, the others are officially released in the US and Canada CDs... And in Japan too, i think.

No need to be "shocked" :naughty: (reference to the smiley you used, not to your actual state)

And only Overrated and You Made Me are demos, the others are officially released in the US and Canada CDs... And in Japan too, i think.

your sympathy is only on the japan limited edition cd i believe i was just talking about overrated and you made me... the ones that you were talking about

Japan, sorry... I keep on confusing them both, they're so similar ! :blink::naughty:

i got life in cartoon motion from japan but it doesn't have your sympathy on it so i think it's only on the limited edition :crybaby: i didn't even get the little stickers

Japan, sorry... I keep on confusing them both, they're so similar ! :blink::naughty:

:roftl: Yeah happens all the time!

When did Mika make this complaint about the forum? Because the cat is long out of the bag and I'm sure the source of the leak was not MFC.

Mika should be using the net to his advantage, not trying to thwart things he ultimately has no control over. They should make tracks available for purchase on Mikasounds. iTunes is a PITA because you cannot buy outside your country, leaving fans with limited options aside from file sharing. Die hard fans may import singles, but realistically most people aren't going to do this.

Your Sympathy is a track on the American bonus edition. We get two, just to make it extra confusing. I only have the regular American edition though.

And now that I know there are two different Japanese editions, I am worried that the one I'm getting will not have it on there... and that was one of my main reasons for getting it... :sad:

As for the demos, well, we're not putting them up here, just talking about them...

--Jack

:roftl: Yeah happens all the time!

When did Mika make this complaint about the forum? Because the cat is long out of the bag and I'm sure the source of the leak was not MFC.

Mika should be using the net to his advantage, not trying to thwart things he ultimately has no control over. They should make tracks available for purchase on Mikasounds. iTunes is a PITA because you cannot buy outside your country, leaving fans with limited options aside from file sharing. Die hard fans may import singles, but realistically most people aren't going to do this.

hmmm he said that at may 22 :)

i guess he dont want his unreleased stuff out there cause he want it released in the future and if its allready everywhere its kinda ennoying... ?:blink:

Your Sympathy is a track on the American bonus edition. We get two, just to make it extra confusing. I only have the regular American edition though.

And now that I know there are two different Japanese editions, I am worried that the one I'm getting will not have it on there... and that was one of my main reasons for getting it... :sad:

As for the demos, well, we're not putting them up here, just talking about them...

--Jack

american bonus edition?? i've never heard of that before...

Yep, two editions.

Standard 12-track: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Cartoon-Motion-Mika/dp/B000NA2776

And Best Buy Exclusive 14 track: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,4070530,00.html

Oh, never mind, it doesn't have Your Sympathy, it has Satellite and another version of Love Today. One of the singles must have Sympathy.

--Jack

hmmm he said that at may 22 :)

i guess he dont want his unreleased stuff out there cause he want it released in the future and if its allready everywhere its kinda ennoying... ?:blink:

I'm sure it's annoying that they were leaked but it's already happened. They are everywhere. I came across them without even looking - since I didn't even know they existed at the time.

Mika has benefitted immensely from exposure on the internet and this is just another consequence of it. You have to take the bad with the good although I would argue that this isn't even bad.

Mika stands to make his fortune not by record sales, but by filling concert stadiums. The more people who are exposed to his music - by whatever means necessary - the better IMO. There are many artists who can see beyond filling the coffers of their record company who agree with me.

Any way you look at it, they should forget about this old model of trying to force people to buy multiple physical CDs to get this track or that. Only the most die hard of die hard fans are going to do that. I'd be more than happy to download these tracks from Mikasounds but I have no intention of importing limited editions of LICM from all over the world. The fact that I have even one physical copy of LICM is a miracle.

Yoppappop, correct me if I am wrong, but sometimes you sound irriterated by some of the comments left by other MFCers or extra threads.

I'm sure it's annoying that they were leaked but it's already happened. They are everywhere. I came across them without even looking - since I didn't even know they existed at the time.

Mika has benefitted immensely from exposure on the internet and this is just another consequence of it. You have to take the bad with the good although I would argue that this isn't even bad.

Mika stands to make his fortune not by record sales, but by filling concert stadiums. The more people who are exposed to his music - by whatever means necessary - the better IMO. There are many artists who can see beyond filling the coffers of their record company who agree with me.

Any way you look at it, they should forget about this old model of trying to force people to buy multiple physical CDs to get this track or that. Only the most die hard of die hard fans are going to do that. I'd be more than happy to download these tracks from Mikasounds but I have no intention of importing limited editions of LICM from all over the world. The fact that I have even one physical copy of LICM is a miracle.

?????????????????????????????:shocked:

I think i agree with you... I'll have to read that back in details when i feel like it, but what i understood i agree with.

Yoppappop, correct me if I am wrong, but sometimes you sound irriterated by some of the comments left by other MFCers or extra threads.

Do you say that in reference to the comment you quoted ? :blink: Cause i was nice in that one !! :blink: Even when i'm nice people think i'm a b*tch :crybaby:

I guess that's the result of sarcasm :mf_rosetinted:

But yes, you're right, i MAY sometimes be irritated by some comments and/or threads :fisch:

tell that to mika! :bleh:

he said that.... not me.... lol

im sorry, i know you're new, and i know other people have said this (well actually i dont, im assuming, i havent read all the pages admittedly)

but:

1) We do not discuss demos that have not been released as it is Mika's wish; he does not want them shared. How they slipped, no-one knows.

2) Erase and Your Sympathy are on an international album :thumb_yello:

Do you say that in reference to the comment you quoted ? :blink: Cause i was nice in that one !! :blink: Even when i'm nice people think i'm a b*tch :crybaby:

I guess that's the result of sarcasm :mf_rosetinted:

But yes, you're right, i MAY sometimes be irritated by some comments and/or threads :fisch:

have i ever irritated u? :blink: hope not ;)