Mika's Sexuality (A Different Kind of Thread)

JackViolet

P9060089.jpg

Off-topic: I vote for bringing back the longer, more feminine locks. :wub2:

That is an amazingly gorgeous photo. :wub2:

As for the hair, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I really love how it is in the photo above, but I'm also quite fond of the messy, slightly shorter, just-rolled-out-of-bed look. :wub2:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I didn't mean for this to turn into "let's swoon over Mika's hair one more time". In our defense, it's because the hair used to be more feminine yet still "sexy" (not in a stereotypical straight male sexuality sense but in a general insertwhateversexualityhere male attracting straight women sense). I hope that made sense. :blink:

I have a question , with his shirt off do you REALLY think hes got a good body??? :blink:

Well thank you Freddie for bringing the discussion in this thread to yet another retread of let's-talk-about-Mika's-body-oh-and-let's-pick-him-to-pieces-while-we're-at-it. :sneaky2: Sigh.

Anyway, in terms of confidence, I think the evolution in Mika's performance style was a natural and inevitable one. I, along with all of you, wax nostalgic for days of Koko and the earlier, beguiling shyness tinged with a bit of the trying-to-please at the Ronnie Scott showcase, sure. But I also remember watching him at Koko and noting he'd already come a long way from his earliest performances in terms of owning the stage (as you have noted), and thinking to myself, just give him a bit more time and he'll be a really great performer. And I'm pleased that it all happened how I thought because, sweet and appealing as he was before, we would have gotten rather bored with it if he hadn't progressed in his stage manner. The way he performs now is far more captivating and yes, lively, and better as a means of exciting a live audience. His current stage persona blows everyone away, and that's what he needs to succeed in this business--and that's what he wants too--it was never his dream, I think, to be the timid waifish boy in the corner.

Mind you, the gangly, adorably awkward part of him never went away--we still see it in interviews, where he is alternately goofy, childlike, giddy or shy, and then cool and composed, smart, and insouciantly biting--two more of his sides that there often isn't as much room for on stage. And this is very clever, I think--we get everything this way. We get a confident, energetic, charismatic showman, and we also get the quieter, sweeter, boyish Mika if we care enough to look, and then we also get the insightful and sharp Mika if we care enough to listen.

Oh, but I do miss the longer hair.

--Jack

Oops, I didn't mean for this to turn into "let's swoon over Mika's hair one more time". In our defense, it's because the hair used to be more feminine yet still "sexy" (not in a stereotypical straight male sexuality sense but in a general insertwhateversexualityhere male attracting straight women sense). I hope that made sense. :blink:

yeah...*nodds head like she knows what you mean* (i have no idea) I love his hair in the muchmusic thing...1 sec *goes to photobucket*

mika44.jpg

MuchNewsWeekly1-1.jpg

(there both in canada, YAY for us and mika having his hair fantastic in these two interviews!!!) Oh yeah (i like the second one's hair it's different than normal!!!):wub2:

Well thank you Freddie for bringing the discussion in this thread to yet another retread of let's-talk-about-Mika's-body-oh-and-let's-pick-him-to-pieces-while-we're-at-it. :sneaky2: Sigh.

Anyway, in terms of confidence, I think the evolution in Mika's performance style was a natural and inevitable one. I, along with all of you, wax nostalgic for days of Koko and the earlier, beguiling shyness tinged with a bit of the trying-to-please at the Ronnie Scott showcase, sure. But I also remember watching him at Koko and noting he'd already come a long way from his earliest performances in terms of owning the stage (as you have noted), and thinking to myself, just give him a bit more time and he'll be a really great performer. And I'm pleased that it all happened how I thought because, sweet and appealing as he was before, we would have gotten rather bored with it if he hadn't progressed in his stage manner. The way he performs now is far more captivating and yes, lively, and better as a means of exciting a live audience. His current stage persona blows everyone away, and that's what he needs to succeed in this business--and that's what he wants too--it was never his dream, I think, to be the timid waifish boy in the corner.

Mind you, the gangly, adorably awkward part of him never went away--we still see it in interviews, where he is alternately goofy, childlike, giddy or shy, and then cool and composed, smart, and insouciantly biting--two more of his sides that there often isn't as much room for on stage. And this is very clever, I think--we get everything this way. We get a confident, energetic, charismatic showman, and we also get the quieter, sweeter, boyish Mika if we care enough to look, and then we also get the insightful and sharp Mika if we care enough to listen.

--Jack

You make an excellent point Jack! WOOT! I love his awkwardness because I'm the exact same way! (except i'm not a 6foot3 24year old man with brown curly hair and brown eyes and I don't do that "thing" to the microphone poll *shivers*)

Jack is going to kill me now.

:roftl: I was thinking the same! The thread could head completely off topic, or at the wrong angle:wink2: if we aren't careful:naughty:

However I think discussion of Mika's changing hair length is relevant. His longer hair was more feminine. His shorter style is less feminine. Didn't this thread start off as a discussion of Mika's feminine/masculine role projection and how this has evolved, or something like that?

I think Jack will let us off :roftl:

Amazingly, inspiring yet another Mika's hair thread was rather the last thing I had in mind when starting this one.

But a thread about his hair already exists anyway.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7406

--Jack

Ha , I didn't see you there Jack!!

I wasn't going to be the one to mention THAT thread...if it's the one I'm thinking of (doh, I should click links before I type!!)

:roftl: I was thinking the same! The thread could head completely off topic, or at the wrong angle:wink2: if we aren't careful:naughty:

However I think discussion of Mika's changing hair length is relevant. His longer hair was more feminine. His shorter style is less feminine. Didn't this thread start off as a discussion of Mika's feminine/masculine role projection and how this has evolved, or something like that?

I think Jack will let us off :roftl:

Hahah! Don't worry Scut, you were actually the one who brought it back on topic, since as Gatagordinha notes, discussion of changing hair length is relevant (as long as it's not carried out in the "omg, this was the most scx" way). I'm grateful to you for taking it off the "should Mika work out more or not?" track.

--Jack

Well you're welcome to bump the thread up you know--I just thought you may as well post there rather than creating an entirely new one.

why? mika's hair is a wonderful thing!

I am a well-known hater of Mika's hair. :mf_rosetinted: Judging by my reactions to other threads, I also hate his underwear, his laugh, and seeing him shirtless.

--Jack

Well you're welcome to bump the thread up you know--I just thought you may as well post there rather than creating an entirely new one.

I am a well-known hater of Mika's hair. :mf_rosetinted: Judging by my reactions to other threads, I also hate his underwear, his laugh, and seeing him shirtless.

--Jack

right,

me too.:mf_rosetinted:

Hahah! Don't worry Scut, you were actually the one who brought it back on topic, since as Gatagordinha notes, discussion of changing hair length is relevant (as long as it's not carried out in the "omg, this was the most scx" way). I'm grateful to you for taking it off the "should Mika work out more or not?" track.

--Jack

Phew. *wipes brow* This is an excellent discussion so I prefer not seeing it veer too far away from the interesting main topic for too long. :thumb_yello:

It's 3am now so I should go to sleep. I'll post my spiel in response to the first 20 or so pages of opinions on this interesting topic tomorrow or the day after. (I can hear the cries of "please, no multi-quote" already.) :wink2:

This is a really interesting thread :)

It most definitely is... and it leaves me wondering when Jack will put forth

another intelligent, thoughtful treatise, as she threatened to earlier...

in an effort to help us provide a little balance with all the frivolous threads...

<hint, hint, with a slight tapping of the toe to indicate waiting patiently>

:wink2:

dcdeb

--Jack

WHAT!?! how's that possible!?!

--Jack

VERY well said Jack. I couldn't have put it better.

Now only one bone to pick. When you listed all his qualities (bold text), why did you leave 'innocent' out?

:lmao: :lmao:

VERY well said Jack. I couldn't have put it better.

Now only one bone to pick. When you listed all his qualities (bold text), why did you leave 'innocent' out?

:lmao: :lmao:

Hmm, no idea really, but most likely because I hate his innocence, too. :roftl: I should call myself Hater Of All Good Things About Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Hmm, no idea really, but most likely because I hate his innocence, too. :roftl: I should call myself Hater Of All Good Things About Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

:biggrin2: Not to worry, it was just a jokey:biggrin2: I think I know what you mean though about the 'obvious' things or more cheesy things that everyone likes, it kind of sometimes makes one go in the opposite direction.

I think I know what you mean though about the 'obvious' things or more cheesy things that everyone likes, it kind of sometimes makes one go in the opposite direction.

That's not reallllllly what I meant... :wink2: my private personal opinion of Mika and whatever else that appertains to him is not really shaped by this forum. My specific wording was that going by my reactions to threads dedicated to Mika's various body parts, quirks, and sartorial choices of a personal nature, one may suppose I hate the items previously listed. :naughty:

--Jack

That's not reallllllly what I meant... :wink2: my private personal opinion of Mika and whatever else that appertains to him is not really shaped by this forum. My specific wording was that going by my reactions to threads dedicated to Mika's various body parts, quirks, and sartorial choices of a personal nature, one may suppose I hate the items previously listed. :naughty:

--Jack

Oh!:blink:

I see