Mika's Sexuality (A Different Kind of Thread)

JackViolet

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. this is a great thread and all but everyone's already commented and i have nothing further to add.

2. can someone explain why the last post was on march last year but the thread is currently on page 2 of chat about mika (althought when i hit reply it will be on page one...)

Having watched and read tens of interviews with Mika, I have a few observations to the point:

1. He has struggled hard to record and perform what he wanted to and not what others were making him do.

2. Many times has he explained how he wrote Lollipop and how different this song is from what is being promoted by mainstream media.

3. Mika is one of the most intelligent and conscious artists today; he knows where he's going and he knows how to achieve it.

4. He does not want anything: sexuality, social life etc. to distract people from his performances and songs. He is not a tabloid fodder.

Soooo... I think although he MUST realize how damn handsome he is and what impact his appearance has on us:wub2:, the message he seems to be sending us all the time is: Relax, take it easy. It's about music and fun in the first place.

1. this is a great thread and all but everyone's already commented and i have nothing further to add.

2. can someone explain why the last post was on march last year but the thread is currently on page 2 of chat about mika (althought when i hit reply it will be on page one...)

because the thread with the most recent reply is the first of the list

Having watched and read tens of interviews with Mika, I have a few observations to the point:

1. He has struggled hard to record and perform what he wanted to and not what others were making him do.

2. Many times has he explained how he wrote Lollipop and how different this song is from what is being promoted by mainstream media.

3. Mika is one of the most intelligent and conscious artists today; he knows where he's going and he knows how to achieve it.

4. He does not want anything: sexuality, social life etc. to distract people from his performances and songs. He is not a tabloid fodder.

Soooo... I think although he MUST realize how damn handsome he is and what impact his appearance has on us:wub2:, the message he seems to be sending us all the time is: Relax, take it easy. It's about music and fun in the first place.

If you have seen many interviews, you must have seen the one, from the Christmas 2007 edition of the Sunday Mails colour supplement Sunday, where he says he doesn't think he's that good looking or sexy.

If you have seen many interviews, you must have seen the one, from the Christmas 2007 edition of the Sunday Mails colour supplement Sunday, where he says he doesn't think he's that good looking or sexy.

Do you think he really/ still thinks that Rose?

I'm not so sure

Do you think he really/ still thinks that Rose?

I'm not so sure

I don't know, but I do think that, at the very least, he feels comfortable with his body, or he wouldn't keep taking his top off on stage :roftl::roftl:

I don't know, but I do think that, at the very least, he feels comfortable with his body, or he wouldn't keep taking his top off on stage :roftl::roftl:

Yes, that's true- hope he stays that way!:wub2:

And he kind of acknowledges our interest in his lifestyle (in the "what he had for breakfast" sense) in the blogs, the larking about with Katy and the bits of the dvd where he's at home. I think he's more confident of his reception as a singer-songwriter, and realises that a certain amount of personal stuff won't overwhelm his talent so far as the public/press are concerned, as it might have earlier in his career.

Anyway whether he considers himself handsome and/or sexy or not, he sees the reactions of the audience and reads what the press and the people think about him, so he's surely aware that to many people's eyes he IS handsom and sexy

Anyway whether he considers himself handsome and/or sexy or not, he sees the reactions of the audience and reads what the press and the people think about him, so he's surely aware that to many people's eyes he IS handsom and sexy

. . . . he has a mirror - he KNOWS how hott he is :mf_rosetinted:

he is just too humble to admit it out loud! :naughty:

I think he's more confident of his reception as a singer-songwriter, and realises that a certain amount of personal stuff won't overwhelm his talent so far as the public/press are concerned, as it might have earlier in his career.

I don't think it's that at all. He has been disseminating information about his personal life to his advantage from day one. The "my personal life doesn't matter" mantra was simply code for "I'm not discussing my sexual orientation or relationships."

That hasn't changed and I don't expect it will in the foreseeable future.

And this is exactly what I meant. He is really intelligent but he's also very sane and come on, what normal, sane, down-to-earth (I think Mika is all the above) person would admit openly 'Yes, I'm so cool, I read all these eyes/smile/bottom/feet/chest/5 o'clock shadow threads':wink2:

:roftl: As far as I'm concerned, he can gladly keep it on. :roftl: Not that I think he can't afford it, no, it's quite the opposite: He's not in need.

I'd really rather see him dressed. Maybe this is because personally I can't and don't want to see him reduced to being just hot, because that is not what fascinates me about him.

Soooo... I think although he MUST realize how damn handsome he is and what impact his appearance has on us:wub2:

I'm sure he does. Yet the impact he has on me is not solely due to his physical handsomeness, I think it's a lot more about charism and approach than just looks.

:roftl: As far as I'm concerned, he can gladly keep it on. :roftl: Not that I think he can't afford it, no, it's quite the opposite: He's not in need.

I'd really rather see him dressed. Maybe this is because personally I can't and don't want to see him reduced to being just hot, because that is not what fascinates me about him.

I'm sure he does. Yet the impact he has on me is not solely due to his physical handsomeness, I think it's a lot more about charism and approach than just looks.

Hm, I have to think really long and hard about this!:cool:

Mika with or without his shirt…

…. he can keep it on as far as I’m concerned!

Even if I don’t mind him taking it of….he is cute…:blush-anim-cl:

See how split I am about this!:naughty:

Okay…trying to be serious…I agree with what V_S says, I don’t like it when woman are made objects so why would I feel different about a young man, you don’t have to take of your clothes to have a success in the musical business, that is my hope and wish!:thumb_yello:

And regards Mika, what does the biggest impact on me, except from his voice and songwriter skills, is the contagious energy his has both on stage, and in his songs!:wub2:

I'm not keen on the shirt-off-during-the-Love-Today-drumming-bit. It seems too contrived, and it's as though Mika himself wants us to swoon over his bare chest. I much prefer him with his clothes on. When I first got to know Mika, I didn't even know what he looked like! It was the voice on the radio that got to me. I would have still loved him no matter what he looked like.

I totally agree with the 'shirt off' comments. In fact, no matter how attractive I think he is (because to me that is an objective fact: he IS attractive :naughty:) I'd rather not see him semi-naked like that.

I personally find that it cheapens him when he shows himself in that light. Gosh, I hope that nobody thinks that I'm being double faced now by saying this, as I did like watching him shirtless sometimes :naughty: and even showcast his Dusseldorf Grace Kelly to whoever will watch, but I think that this was different. There it sort of happened naturally (when the audience started booing telling him not to put his top back on), and it just seemed to flow...For Love Today it's become the norm, expected, and it doesn't seem to make any sense. (to me at least).

As Sienna well said: it's making him into an object, and I just don't feel fully comfortable with that...If that was all he had, then fair enough, bank in on it, but with all the other talents that he has, I think that taking his clothes off is not something that he needs at all.

Or at least not unless he grows massive Jordan or Pammie type jugs anyway :bleh::roftl:

ive just been reading over comments ... and you'll have to excuse if i dont make sence ... but my comp screen is broken , and can only view certain sentances ... (:roftl:)

I seem to think that .... mika has never been in this situation before - regarding , being adored by masses ... yes , he knows he has a fantastic voice ... he doesnt need reassurance about that ... but from my opinion ... maybe he's experimenting with the responce he receives about his "physical talent" :naughty: ... hes always said , he finds himself odd looking ... and he doesnt seem to hold much high self esteem for his physique ... although maybe hes experimenting with that now and the responce he gets from it ??

He knows his voice is loved , hes sold millions of albums?? ....I agree ... about the girls saying "get it off" is a bit OTT ... but lets be honest .... if he didnt enjoy it , he wouldnt do it ?? and we have no complaints at the time when he does it ?? :naughty: ...

Also .... if mika was so bothered by his physical appearance and what people think .... he wouldnt even model for paul smith ... isn't he objectifying himself in that way also ?? ... he may have clothes on , but hes still projecting an image of - somone who's pretty to look at , whether that involves clothes or not , it can be classified the same principle !? what he tends to think , say and DO - i think are different things ... he may think and feel a certain way - (or the way he feels and portrays to us) ... but maybe he feels good on the underneath flaunting himself , and recieving a self esteem boost from us mfc'ers who dont have any complaints , whether we admit it or not - its not like he stops doing it anyway ... whether people tell him to get it off or not , haha :naughty::wink2: ... anyway , its his body , at least hes combining music with his naked flesh :naughty:

PS .... cant say ive ever heard an MFC'er shout to him "get ya top back ON" either ...... :roftl:

Edited by mikas_gal07

I don't think it's that at all. He has been disseminating information about his personal life to his advantage from day one.

Like what? (genuine question)

The OCD? I'm the only one I've ever seen on here suggesting it might be a genuine problem

The dyslexia that stops him reading music hardly rates as personal info

The father "held hostage" until jounalists checked and he become only "trapped"

The bullying? YOu're ridiculed on here if you believe it, and people wonder why you insist on seeing Mika as a victim

And most of that stuff happend years ago anyway

he says remarkably little about himself other than as a musician on the first dvd

And he's a singer songwriter- yet his lyrics are remarkably unrevealing.

There's some talk about feeling rootless and friendless, sure, but it's well hidden among the smokesceen.

Added to which there are the many interviews where he gives daft answers to avoid answering even the most innocent questions.

--it's difficult to see Mika as happy talking about his personal life. And the fact that so many fans disbelieve him suggests he's deliberately obscuring the truly personal. I'm not convinced.

Besides, 25 is a lot older than 23, you'd expect him to loosen up

Though perhaps his latest stuff will prove to be a smokescreen too.