Mica Penniman on Facebook

LoveLoveMIKA

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I added a Mika Penniman on facebook, my friend got accepted so I figured it wasn't a private profile. And about a day after I had him add me on msn. It's funny how he thinks he is Mika and you should see the way he talks, actaully I saved the convo, but I'm on my auntie's computer so I'll paste the convo when I get home :bleh:

Anyone else have him add you?

I have this "MIKA" on my facebook too (its fun to see what people are up to)

in fact I sent him a message and he emailed me back....me don't think its real...but it was interesting getting an email back!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

The trouble is...if he accepts one person they spill the beans to everyone on here and he's bombarded.

Unless people could act calmly and appretiate being accepted as a nice gesture and enjoy it then the poor boy can't chance it with any of his "fans".

Sad but true.

Vix x

I acted very calmly,,,professionally actually

OR maybe it is searchable, but with such a weird name, that nobody can tell who he is :biggrin2: Thinking of it, I am quite sure that he DOES have a Facebook account though.

I would imagine that it's most likely unsearchable like you said, or under such a random, crazy, strange name, that nobody would recognise him anyway if they were to find him through searching or browsing!

And obviously with the maximum privacy options set....Anyway that is what I think,hehe!

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I was looking for an 'official' one, which I am quite sure that this one ("Mika Penniman") is not, as I just looked again and saw that the profile says ' I am not gay, despite what so many haters believe'

I think that we can be pretty positive that this is NOT an account that is in any way officially affiliated to Mika with a statement like that!!:thumbdown:

I just thought I'd share this.

I have noticed though that this 'account' seems to be impersonating Mika, and has added people as friends such as Geri Hallowell, Lilly Allen,Catherine Zeta Jones, etc, so I am considering sending a Myspace message to the real Mika letting him know.

Do you think that this is going a bit overboard on my side? Or just doing the right thing?

I already let MIKA know about this "impersonator". I commented on his mikamyspace very recently.

I already let MIKA know about this "impersonator". I commented on his mikamyspace very recently.

Yes, I did the same, after giving the other person/people the chance to 'explain' themselves (which one did, he said that it was all a joke and changed his profile detail to say that he's not Mica, but the other person has not responded)

It just makes me angry that people do this sort of thing:thumbdown:

I am sure u did.

Unfortunately, not everyone can be discrete.

That is very true, and a real shame.

If I was to ever chat to Mika, I would be super discrete, obviously due to respecting his privacy, but also (admittedly) due to the selfish desire to keep talking to him:naughty: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

That is very true, and a real shame.

If I was to ever chat to Mika, I would be super discrete, obviously due to respecting his privacy, but also (admittedly) due to the selfish desire to keep talking to him:naughty: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Exactly! Honestly, I don't even think that I would even tell anyone on here. Not because I would be all, "I want him all to myself!!" but out of respect, I wouldn't take advantage of something like that.

you can also set the privacy setting as to no one can find you using the search function except for your friends, and you also don't appear in your friends lists... the only moment you appear is IF you write on their walls...

you won't find him if he has an account.

all the people you talk about are NOT mika.

stop giving the stick to be beaten with !! the more you add them, the funnier they will think it is. knowing that it's not him and will never be, stop that ! and your zoro reactions as for "bringing the truth back" are so not worth it ! if people find it funny, they will go on and find it even funnier if fans are pissed off with that...

you can also set the privacy setting as to no one can find you using the search function except for your friends, and you also don't appear in your friends lists... the only moment you appear is IF you write on their walls...

stop giving the stick to be beaten with !! the more you add them, the funnier they will think it is. knowing that it's not him and will never be, stop that ! and your zoro reactions as for "bringing the truth back" are so not worth it ! if people find it funny, they will go on and find it even funnier if fans are pissed off with that...

lmao xDDD you are quite right, but it also depends on the person on the other end of the computer. like someone said, they requested they did not pretend they were Mika, and they changed their profile. Others won't.

As angry or as annoyed as we are with these imposters or Mika Haters, they're really not worth bothering with. We might be dealing with pleasant people and with others we won't be so lucky. Let them play their game. Each game ends eventually.

Exactly! Honestly, I don't even think that I would even tell anyone on here. Not because I would be all, "I want him all to myself!!" but out of respect, I wouldn't take advantage of something like that.

Well, no offence to anyone, but if I was to have a chat with Mika, as much as I love everyone here, I would NEVER tell anyone on the MFC about it!!!

Well, no offence to anyone, but if I was to have a chat with Mika, as much as I love everyone here, I would NEVER tell anyone on the MFC about it!!!

lol depends what it's about, right?

if it's something like...i dunno...about the weather (lame i know rofl) or what you do for a living or something like that...thats okay, right? but obviously if it's something more personal it's something that should be kept private...

One question tho...

Why must you have Mika as a Facebook friend?

I know there's the trill to think you actually interacted with Mika,but dose anyone know the saying about things being to simple to be true?

Even if someone might find Mika on FBK ,you request him,you won't get approved...that's a fact

Me neither. I was thinking about this the other day---not that it would ever happen, but if I somehow got to hang out with "Mica" for a while, I don't think that I would tell you guys. I mean, depending on the situation, I may tell that it occurred, but I wouldn't say anything about what he said/did/was like or anything.

if it's something like...i dunno...about the weather (lame i know rofl) or what you do for a living or something like that...thats okay, right? but obviously if it's something more personal it's something that should be kept private...

I think that even if I said "Hi," and got a "Hello," out of an online chat or message I wouldn't tell. I don't know why, but something like that seems like he would be "Mica," not "Mika," and "Mika" is who this board is about.

Nope, not the way I see it. It would be silence all the way. That is the whole point, isn't it?

If I (not that we ever will, but just for the sake of speculating) was to actually speak to him, I wouldn't comment on it, unless it had happened I don't know, after a gig, and infront of lots of others.

It's just part and parcel of being discrete and not letting things slip...But that is how I see it, I'm not saying it'w right or wrong (well obviously to me it's right, but you know what I mean!!)

One question tho...

Why must you have Mika as a Facebook friend?

I know there's the trill to think you actually interacted with Mika,but dose anyone know the saying about things being to simple to be true?

Even if someone might find Mika on FBK ,you request him,you won't get approved...that's a fact

Well, the same as havng Mika as a 'friend' on Myspace. No?:mf_rosetinted:

I think that even if I said "Hi," and got a "Hello," out of an online chat or message I wouldn't tell. I don't know why, but something like that seems like he would be "Mica," not "Mika," and "Mika" is who this board is about.

Exactly my point of view.:punk:

But we will never be in that situation though!!!

hahaha!!

right okay.

if we were to chat after a gig or something, i wouldn't mind so much saying "oh we said this and that" because you're out in the open. there are other people around you joining in on the conversation so nothing privae would be spoken of.

if, however, i got the lucky chance to talk to him on the net, just randomly, i myself wouldn't say either. If I said "oh mika spoke to me on facebook" you'd have some people chasing after him for a convo. I would only say I spoke to him if he asked me to request something to the fans, but that's all i would say. no conversation details.

right okay.

if we were to chat after a gig or something, i wouldn't mind so much saying "oh we said this and that" because you're out in the open. there are other people around you joining in on the conversation so nothing privae would be spoken of.

if, however, i got the lucky chance to talk to him on the net, just randomly, i myself wouldn't say either. If I said "oh mika spoke to me on facebook" you'd have some people chasing after him for a convo. I would only say I spoke to him if he asked me to request something to the fans, but that's all i would say. no conversation details.

Yeah, after a gig is one thing, but otherwise is another. I think the issue is just separating Mica from Mika. After a gig, he is still Mika, online and otherwise he is Mica. :thumb_yello:

But, you know, none of this is probably ever going to happen, and if it does, no one will know. :naughty:

Well Yop, nice to have you back if even to beat people up:roftl:

Anyway I kind of disagree with that, I do think that maybe some (like one of the guys I sent a message to in Facebook) did it as an 'insiders' joke like he said to me, and then it got out of control when people starting adding 'Mika' so they just left it there.

When I approached him he was happy enough to change the profile and say that he is NOT Mika on it.

Others will no doubt be like you say, and against those nobody can do much, I know, but what bothered me is that this person (the second guy I approached) was 'friend requesting' all sorts of well known people who probably thought that it was Mika himself, and that is what I found really wrong about it.

Anyway I am old and ugly enough to know that the 'Zorro' approach doesn't often lead to much in this world, but I can't help but being a bit idealistic so I just keep doing it, cause it feels right for me. Sorry but that is just how I am :naughty:

well Mika is the music page...I'd rather compare it to "el misterioso M x4 " :sneaky2::das:

hehe, I see what you mean:roftl: ...Well I took these profiles to be like the myspace Mika...

right okay.

:thumb_yello:

Yeah, after a gig is one thing, but otherwise is another. I think the issue is just separating Mica from Mika. After a gig, he is still Mika, online and otherwise he is Mica.

Ditto

The internet does that. It relocates and often suspends definitions and not always for the better. How funny is it to say you are 'friends' with 5798 or maybe even only 36 people you have never met face to face. It's difficult as they're more 'online contacts' than friends, not necessarily because you would never become real life friends with them but just because you simply don't really know them. (Well, sure nobody can ever entirely know anybody else, but you get what I mean) No problem to be friends with your RL friends on myspace (although it's not necessary IMO as there are other often more effective ways to reach them) while the other way round it is just impossible to build up a friendship with each of your myspace contacts ... depending on the number of course - a day has only 24 hours and our brain capacities are limited, right? (not sure about that). However I don't deny that friendship evoked by a random internet encounter is possible...