Mica Penniman on Facebook

LoveLoveMIKA

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of those who aren't getting it ever try to contact him on there before? It's possible to block users from your profile...

--Jack

he must have faves then cos lauren and natalie have contacted him and he hasn't blocked themm :bleh:

Did any of those who aren't getting it ever try to contact him on there before? It's possible to block users from your profile...

--Jack

Good point. I am sure I never tried to contact him before at "Mica Penniman," in fact, I don't believe I've ever seen that profile.

So, maybe the reason why some people can't see it is it's just a bug in the system?

I note: About the US versus London/England/Britain/UK theory, someone saw the profile "Mica Penniman" in New York, I live in Miami, Florida and I haven't seen it...

I think Facebook is buggy. I searched a couple of weeks ago and saw some obviously fake Mica Penniman who was friends with a bunch of wannabe hookers all over the world. Now I'm getting the one in the screencap that Jack says is legit.

But yeah, people, do not contact him on Facebook. It's obviously private since none of the fans we know of have access. You're just making extra work for him while he's trying to keep in touch with his mates.

If you've got something to say to him, send him a message on his public MySpace account. He's made many references to reading stuff there even if he doesn't have time to respond.

I find this whole thing a little fluke-y. I doubt Mika would just pluck out certain fans to befriend and block others. Or have such ambiguous interactions with any of them over Facebook, especially for over an hour (he's one busy ass man). it doesn't seem very difficult to be an imposter on Facebook. All you need is a picture and a name.

but by the very slim chance that it is Mika, this leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. favoring/acknowledging certain fans and ignoring others is pretty unprofessional, especially over the Internet... there's just something dislikable about this whole thing.

Anyway, he wouldn't flirt with a fan... We all know for sure now that he's into fruits :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know. I think he could be stalking fans on the internet. I've heard he is into apples, but maybe not the fruit variety.

mikaapple.jpg

I don't know. I think he could be stalking fans on the internet. I've heard he is into apples, but maybe not the fruit variety.

mikaapple.jpg

hey, my laughter could be very loud and it's 1:15am

you should find some photo with better knees really

I ran over some profile named Mica Penniman, i couldn't view friends bit from that profile. then I tried to add him but there's no reply. maybe i should try it with some message " Oi Mika, I'm not a massive fan cos im not fantasizing, I just like you, coffee? " yep, something like that

but by the very slim chance that it is Mika, this leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. favoring/acknowledging certain fans and ignoring others is pretty unprofessional, especially over the Internet... there's just something dislikable about this whole thing.

I think it's his real account because I was pointed towards it ages ago, and he had a different photo up then that was definitely not a fansite photo, and looked self-taken. (Kinda a Myspace angle shot, hehe. :naughty:) And anyway, why wouldn't he have one, if his sisters do?

But I don't think there's any favoring/ignoring going as such, and especially nothing we can possibly call "unprofessional," because this is his private account, having to do with Mica not Mika, and thus not having to do with his job, and thus not having to do with being professional. Maybe he was bored one day and decided on a whim to chat with whoever tried to add him, just 'cause. I mean, on my MySpace, I generally try to only add people I know, but once or twice I accepted add requests from random users because they seemed interesting and I felt like it, even if I denied add requests from other people the next day. Why should it be different here? Plus it's not like he added any fans. And anyway, as a private person, he is allowed to add or ignore whoever he likes onto his private profile.

It's like a bunch of fans showed up at his doorstep and asked to be invited for tea, and one day he thought "well this is funny," and came out and chatted with them, and on another day he thought, "no really, I just want to drink my tea in peace" and never answered the door, and people started to complain that he was being unfair and unprofessional. :blink::roftl:

--Jack

I think it's his real account because I was pointed towards it ages ago, and he had a different photo up then that was definitely not a fansite photo, and looked self-taken. (Kinda a Myspace angle shot, hehe. :naughty:) And anyway, why wouldn't he have one, if his sisters do?

But I don't think there's any favoring/ignoring going as se, and especially nothing we can possibly call "unprofessional," because this is his private account, having to do with Mica not Mika, and thus not having to do with his job, and thus not having to do with being professional. Maybe he was bored one day and decided on a whim to chat with whoever tried to add him, just 'cause. I mean, on my MySpace, I generally try to only add people I know, but once or twice I accepted add requests from random users because they seemed interesting and I felt like it, even if I denied add requests from other people the next day. Why should it be different here? Plus it's not like he added any fans. And anyway, as a private person, he is allowed to add or ignore whoever he likes onto his private profile.

It's like a bunch of fans showed up at his doorstep and asked to be invited for tea, and one day he thought "well this is funny," and came out and chatted with them, and on another day he thought, "no really, I just want to drink my tea in peace" and never answered the door, and people started to complain that he was being unfair and unprofessional. :blink::roftl:

--Jack

:thumb_yello: totally agree!!!

i'm now psyched "mika" added me :biggrin2: most likely it's not him, but who knows (i doubt) but atleast i have a mika friend :roftl: u know although it's most likely NOT him, it still makes me happy :mf_rosetinted:

But I don't think there's any favoring/ignoring going as se, and especially nothing we can possibly call "unprofessional," because this is his private account, having to do with Mica not Mika, and thus not having to do with his job, and thus not having to do with being professional. Maybe he was bored one day and decided on a whim to chat with whoever tried to add him, just 'cause. I mean, on my MySpace, I generally try to only add people I know, but once or twice I accepted add requests from random users because they seemed interesting and I felt like it, even if I denied add requests from other people the next day. Why should it be different here? Plus it's not like he added any fans. And anyway, as a private person, he is allowed to add or ignore whoever he likes onto his private profile.

--Jack

true. I just feel that if you're rejecting certain fans you're not personally acquainted with, yet adding others, and then calling it your "private" account.... just doesn't really balance out to me.

he didn't decide to chat with whomever added him; he took the initiative to add them. that's what i was talking about. i see your logic if he had logged on, saw the first comment on his page from some fan out there, and replied. but if you're interacting with someone on an artist-to-fan basis, i don't feel it's right to add certain people and acknowledge them but ignore/block your other fans.

the whole "mica/mika" thing doesn't make sense. I don't think just because the spelling is "mica" means that it's somehow a private account as opposed to "mika" unless he's specified only people close to him call him by that.

either way, I don't have facebook, ain't gettin' one, and wouldn't initiatively add him anyway. :mf_rosetinted: cause apparently it is supposed to be at least quasi-private.

And anyway, why wouldn't he have one, if his sisters do?

Might I add that if you look at Paloma's profile, there's no Mika or Mica of any sort on her friends list. Most people would theoretically friend their own siblings, no? I mean, that's not CSI-style proof, but just a thought...