Mica Penniman on Facebook

LoveLoveMIKA

If you look at the Mika Penniman facebook profile, it has the option of viewing friends... the Mica Penniman one doesn't have that option... The friends from the Mika Penniman facebook amount to about a dozen:blink: and they are all apart of some highschool...so I don't think that one is his... Anyway, it's all a bit confusing to me.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's his real account because I was pointed towards it ages ago, and he had a different photo up then that was definitely not a fansite photo, and looked self-taken. (Kinda a Myspace angle shot, hehe. :naughty:) And anyway, why wouldn't he have one, if his sisters do?

But I don't think there's any favoring/ignoring going as se, and especially nothing we can possibly call "unprofessional," because this is his private account, having to do with Mica not Mika, and thus not having to do with his job, and thus not having to do with being professional. Maybe he was bored one day and decided on a whim to chat with whoever tried to add him, just 'cause. I mean, on my MySpace, I generally try to only add people I know, but once or twice I accepted add requests from random users because they seemed interesting and I felt like it, even if I denied add requests from other people the next day. Why should it be different here? Plus it's not like he added any fans. And anyway, as a private person, he is allowed to add or ignore whoever he likes onto his private profile.

It's like a bunch of fans showed up at his doorstep and asked to be invited for tea, and one day he thought "well this is funny," and came out and chatted with them, and on another day he thought, "no really, I just want to drink my tea in peace" and never answered the door, and people started to complain that he was being unfair and unprofessional. :blink::roftl:

--Jack

EXACTLY.:thumb_yello:

dcdeb

he didn't decide to chat with whomever added him; he took the initiative to add them. that's what i was talking about. i see your logic if he had logged on, saw the first comment on his page from some fan out there, and replied. but if you're interacting with someone on an artist-to-fan basis, i don't feel it's right to add certain people and acknowledge them but ignore/block your other fans.

Oh sorry, I think there's been some confusion here: as far as I understand it, "Mica Penniman" hasn't added anybody. That one (if it's real) is his personal, private account for him and his friends only.

"Mika P" is the one who sent some add requests. That one is pretty obviously not him, or at least not a private personal profile. I'd say it's just something made by a fan, like there are profiles for fictional characters and dead celebrities. That one, people can try to add or message as they wish, since it's just for fun.

There is also a "Mika Penniman" profile, which is also obviously fake.

Also, to clarify about privacy: Facebook is different from MySpace because it is a lot more private and only meant to be a place to add people you know in real life. You can't see someone's page the way you can on MySpace. Only the people from your school or the town you live in can see your page, and even so, you can specify how much of your page they can see, and all anyone who isn't from your town or school can see is your name and a small version of your profile pic. You can then make it even more private, so that no-one except your friends can see your page, and you can choose to not show up in searches for anyone outside your school, etc. You can also allow certain people only limited access to your page, so that even if they are part of your friends list, they still can't see everything. So a facebook account is basically inherently private.

--Jack

Oh sorry, I think there's been some confusion here: as far as I understand it, "Mica Penniman" hasn't added anybody. That one (if it's real) is his personal, private account for him and his friends only.

"Mika P" is the one who sent some add requests. That one is pretty obviously not him, or at least not a private personal profile. I'd say it's just something made by a fan, like there are profiles for fictional characters and dead celebrities. That one, people can try to add or message as they wish, since it's just for fun.

There is also a "Mika Penniman" profile, which is also obviously fake.

--Jack

oh. okay. still a bit confused. :hypo::naughty:

hm...... i think i'm getting the accounts mixed up. I was referring to the account that added certain people only, because someone earlier said he had added/spoken to her, but someone else said he rejected her friend request, and that irked me because I thought he was using his "private" account to add fans he didn't know, yet only selected ones. but I think the account i'm referring to is one of the fakes, so it's all good now. :original:

No no, no-one on here was added by "Mica Penniman." One girl said she sent an add request and then he messaged her, asking how he knew her (which you can do without adding people), but in the end he didn't add her. So there's no contradiction. :thumb_yello:

Other fans have sent add requests to one of the two fake accounts ("Mika P" and "Mika Penniman") and were accepted.

--Jack

P.S. Oh wait, CazGirl said that a girl named Lauren was added by the "real" Mika, but he hasn't added anyone else. Well, again, maybe he just felt like adding that one random person, why not?

Jack!!!!

Where have you been...I feel like I havne't "seen" you in a while...or has it been me who hasn't been "seen" in a while///

Does that make sense:blink: ? lol

No no, no-one on here was added by "Mica Penniman." One girl said she sent an add request and then he messaged her, asking how he knew her (which you can do without adding people), but in the end he didn't add her. So there's no contradiction. :thumb_yello:

Other fans have sent add requests to one of the two fake accounts ("Mika P" and "Mika Penniman") and were accepted.

--Jack

P.S. Oh wait, CazGirl said that a girl named Lauren was added by the "real" Mika, but he hasn't added anyone else. Well, again, maybe he just felt like adding that one random person, why not?

In the German version there is a 'Mika Brown' LOOOL :thumb_yello:

*check* edit: oh, there once WAS a Mika Brown some months ago - I should pass by there more often ...

This account still exists! :mf_rosetinted:

And I'm still "friends" with Mika :naughty::bleh:

I don't why there is a new thread about it, there is already one in the news section, saying it's not him...

And like i said there : Mika deleted his facebook account last week. The only true facebook account was Mica Penniman (private of course). Just look for it ! You won't find it.

But it's up to you, if you wanna believe it, be my guests...

was it the one with him holding bananas infront of chew chew?????

so this mica penniman, pic with him dangling bananas infront of chew chew, well remember how it was not coming up in my search...and it wasn't coming up for a lot of other ppl too...well today i decided to search AND IT CAME UP!!!!!!!!

not that i friend requested him :mf_rosetinted:

ok so who's getting this and who isn't? cos its weird that not everyone's getting the same thing :blink: *very confused*

micasearch1.jpg

righty, as i said b4. i finally got the first one, BUT it only has the "add to friends" option!

Since there were two threads talking about this alleged facebook account I've merged them together here... my first "official" mod act! :)

So you'll find posts from both threads interspersed here... in case you're wondering if you have deja vu or are seeing double!

dcdeb

Poor guy. Apparently he's not allowed to be a normal person anymore. :bleh:

Though I think that it most likely is the real deal, I just think that we should leave it all alone. I know that, personally, I would be very frustrated if I set up a Facebook account just so that I could stay in contact with my friends, and then I got tons of requests from people that I didn't know. :)

Poor guy. Apparently he's not allowed to be a normal person anymore. :bleh:

Though I think that it most likely is the real deal, I just think that we should leave it all alone. I know that, personally, I would be very frustrated if I set up a Facebook account just so that I could stay in contact with my friends, and then I got tons of requests from people that I didn't know. :)

Agreed. Let the man breathe.

do you know if he's ever sent a message or commented anyone before?? i was just wondering :original:

I'm not sure who it was, but someone on here received a reply to a message that they sent him back in the early days of his career. :)

I'm not sure who it was, but someone on here received a reply to a message that they sent him back in the early days of his career. :)

lucky!!! i send him a message everyday and i comment him a lot as well but no reply.. what can i say? i don't have a life but i guess mika does :thumbdown:

Mika may have known CazGirl because she won a Mika competition awhile back and maybe he just found Laura interesting. Or he met her in real life or he thought he did.

I've also added people randomly just because they seem interesting to me.

lucky!!! i send him a message everyday and i comment him a lot as well but no reply.. what can i say? i don't have a life but i guess mika does :thumbdown:

I think I've only sent him 2 messages. :) I've actually messaged the band more than I have Mika himself, just because I usually get a reply from them. :roftl: