pinkunicorn123

Oh really? haha never heard of em! :bleh: They're Americans who sing with an Irish accent? oh dear... :naughty:

A penny whistle? is that a tin whistle yeah?

Gosh I'm so uncultured :blink::naughty:

:naughty: Well, i think thats what they do. I only heard one of their songs because it was on tony hawks pro skater 4!

Tin whistle. yeah! well, it said penny whistle on the box, but more people call it just tin i think. I got one of those Irish drums aswell, but i cant remember what you call them. I can't play that though! i just make a load of noise with it!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: Well, i think thats what they do. I only heard one of their songs because it was on tony hawks pro skater 4!

Tin whistle. yeah! well, it said penny whistle on the box, but more people call it just tin i think. I got one of those Irish drums aswell, but i cant remember what you call them. I can't play that though! i just make a load of noise with it!

ooh I see! :naughty: I thought it must've been that :bleh: I don't know if I've ever heard it called the penny whistle before actually, we just call it the tin whistle here! I used to play it as well when I was younger but haven't in years now though but it's still around the place somewhere!

Oh I know what you mean! It's a Irish word though so I can't spell it :naughty: it's pronounced "bow-rawn" though isn't it?

ooh I see! :naughty: I thought it must've been that :bleh: I don't know if I've ever heard it called the penny whistle before actually, we just call it the tin whistle here! I used to play it as well when I was younger but haven't in years now though but it's still around the place somewhere!

Oh I know what you mean! It's a Irish word though so I can't spell it :naughty: it's pronounced "bow-rawn" though isn't it?

:naughty: well the people who manufactured it musn't have been to Ireland at all, calling it a "penny" whistle! Silly people!

You got a free Cd with it, and the playing on it was awesome. I can barely get 3 blind mice out of it.

Yeah! That's that drum thing! It's cool.

Going back to last night? That's seriously your eurovision entry!!?? I showed my mum and she thought i was playing a trick on her..... :boxed::naughty:

:naughty: well the people who manufactured it musn't have been to Ireland at all, calling it a "penny" whistle! Silly people!

You got a free Cd with it, and the playing on it was awesome. I can barely get 3 blind mice out of it.

Yeah! That's that drum thing! It's cool.

Going back to last night? That's seriously your eurovision entry!!?? I showed my mum and she thought i was playing a trick on her..... :naughty:

seriously they mustn't have! I've never heard of a penny whistle and I played it for yeeears in national school! :blink: haha!

I used to love making tunes up on it actually, I was able to play by ear :)

I'm afraid I'm not joking :no: ugh, this is so embarrassing! *hides*

all the kids would've voted for him last night though cos he does lots of kids telly here :thumbdown: but how did they let this happen?! :shocked:

seriously they mustn't have! I've never heard of a penny whistle and I played it for yeeears in national school! :blink: haha!

I used to love making tunes up on it actually, I was able to play by ear :)

I'm afraid I'm not joking :no: ugh, this is so embarrassing! *hides*

all the kids would've voted for him last night though cos he does lots of kids telly here :thumbdown: but how did they let this happen?! :shocked:

:roftl:

I'm afraid that's the direction eurovision is going in though. Remember the Ukraines entry last year?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1AnCJsxDk

It's a bit silly to be honest, but i'm looking forward to seeing what the UK can come up with..... something naff as usual.

:roftl:

I'm afraid that's the direction eurovision is going in though. Remember the Ukraines entry last year?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1AnCJsxDk

It's a bit silly to be honest, but i'm looking forward to seeing what the UK can come up with..... something naff as usual.

yeah good point, it's not a song contest anymore like!

I'm starting to see the funny side I guess...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Z28STzFIFBU

:shocked:

I'm actually suprised the Uk didnt do better last year, it was very Eurovision-y the song was really!

yeah good point, it's not a song contest anymore like!

I'm starting to see the funny side I guess...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Z28STzFIFBU

:shocked:

I'm actually suprised the Uk didnt do better last year, it was very Eurovision-y the song was really!

Yeah! I was surprised. I guess it's still a bit political though. But we always vote for Ireland and Ireland vote for us..... so.... :naughty: I thought we had it when they did the dance with the trolleys and it had all the flags on it. But i guess not.

I thought Sweden should have won last year though! I love The Ark anyway.

:roftl: It can go 2 ways for Ireland. Either it'll be a huge hit like the Ukraine, or all the europeans will be like :blink::boxed:

Yeah! I was surprised. I guess it's still a bit political though. But we always vote for Ireland and Ireland vote for us..... so.... I thought we had it when they did the dance with the trolleys and it had all the flags on it. But i guess not.

I thought Sweden should have won last year though! I love The Ark anyway.

It can go 2 ways for Ireland. Either it'll be a huge hit like the Ukraine, or all the europeans will be like

aaaww :roftl: haha! It just wasn't Scooch's night was it? :bleh:

hey! wait a minute though, didn't ye only give us like 2 points last year? :sneaky2::naughty:

I don't remember Sweden now, I loved the entry for Belarus though! :bleh:http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SO59TirWdks

Yeah that's what I was thinking, they'll either love it or hate it! I don't think it'll do as bad as last year anyway, it'd be hard to top that like :naughty: but, hmm... we'll see! I'll vote for the UK if you vote for Ireland, deal? :naughty:

Hi all, I read the last few pages and see that ye'r not happy about Dustin in Eurovision..:naughty: Being completely honest, I'm actually looking forward now!!!

I've a feeling that Dustin will do better than we expect...and well at least he's not boring like last year. I actually can't wait, its rubbish but its funny rubbish and I'm sure anyone with a sense of humour will like Dustin..:naughty:

And the Eurosvision has been a bit of a joke for a long time now, so I'm just glad that we can have a sense of humour about it..(even if it is completely terrible!):naughty:

Hi all, I read the last few pages and see that ye'r not happy about Dustin in Eurovision..:naughty: Being completely honest, I'm actually looking forward now!!!

I've a feeling that Dustin will do better than we expect...and well at least he's not boring like last year. I actually can't wait, its rubbish but its funny rubbish and I'm sure anyone with a sense of humour will like Dustin..:naughty:

And the Eurosvision has been a bit of a joke for a long time no, so I'm just glad that we can have a sense of humour about it..(even if it is completely terrible!):naughty:

Yeah I agree with you there, I don't think Ireland will do too bad with it, it's actually fairly upbeat and stuff but it was just a shock to begin with cos we've never sent anything like that before :naughty: but I am looking forward to seeing how Europe reacts to it :naughty:

Yeah I agree with you there, I don't think Ireland will do too bad with it, it's actually fairly upbeat and stuff but it was just a shock to begin with cos we've never sent anything like that before :naughty: but I am looking forward to seeing how Europe reacts to it :naughty:

Well, I'm sure Europe will at least get a laugh from us this year!:lmao:

I hope we at least get up high enough to be remembered,lol

:lmfao: Dustin in the Eurovision, I never thought I'd see the day!!lol

No I missed it!! I don't watch very often though:(

Argh, I have to go right now...I hate logging off here, its so hard to do!!!

seeya later hopefully!:)

Me neither, It's on at a bad time so I just watch the repeats if there's been a good guest on, my mom watches it more than me! there's always guests she likes on! :bleh:

ok ttyl!

Me neither, It's on at a bad time so I just watch the repeats if there's been a good guest on, my mom watches it more than me! there's always guests she likes on! :bleh:

ok ttyl!

hi:D yeah its funny when parents know more people than you, my mam knows loads of famous people that I never even heard of!

ttyl???

hi:D yeah its funny when parents know more people than you, my mam knows loads of famous people that I never even heard of!

ttyl???

Talk to you later :wink2: I say it a lot :naughty:

yay! i'm so happy that the Irish thread is up and running again! :D we DO exist!

:naughty:

Talk to you later :wink2: I say it a lot :naughty:

yay! i'm so happy that the Irish thread is up and running again! :D we DO exist!

oh I never saw ttyl before! you learn something new everyday.:wink2:

Yeah this is the way it should be!

yeah we do!!:naughty: Its like you suddenly realised this or something!:lmao:

oh I never saw ttyl before! you learn something new everyday.:wink2:

Yeah this is the way it should be!

yeah we do!!:naughty: Its like you suddenly realised this or something!:lmao:

I'm not the only member of the Irish population? That whole big space outside my room is part of Ireland too? :shocked: oh you're joking... :shocked::blink:

I'm not the only member of the Irish population? That whole big space outside my room is part of Ireland too? :shocked: oh you're joking... :shocked::blink:

I do really wonder sometimes though...(not about the fact that the Irish exist):naughty: but I wonder why there seems to be very few Mika fans..online anyway.

I mean I hear Mika on the radio multiple times a day here, so its obvious that people like the man, but no one seems to be completely obsessed or anything...

And his album and singles have done fairly well so...........:blink: and the lack of concerts here....I just wonder sometimes....

I do really wonder sometimes though...(not about the fact that the Irish exist):naughty: but I wonder why there seems to be very few Mika fans..online anyway.

I mean I hear Mika on the radio multiple times a day here, so its obvious that people like the man, but no one seems to be completely obsessed or anything...

And his album and singles have done fairly well so...........:blink: and the lack of concerts here....I just wonder sometimes....

hey girlies! sorry to butt into this conversation but I just had to check in b4 I go to bed (yeah early tonight,,,,madness!!) But yeah Tauruslady I wonder about that too...he IS popular here so why are there only so few of us here? Oh well, it makes me feel special, hehe

Night night!!

hey girlies! sorry to butt into this conversation but I just had to check in b4 I go to bed (yeah early tonight,,,,madness!!) But yeah Tauruslady I wonder about that too...he IS popular here so why are there only so few of us here? Oh well, it makes me feel special, hehe

Night night!!

yeah, its a bit of a mystery really:(

But yeah, it does make us very special indeed!!!:D

aww, don't go to bed:naughty: Ná teigh a coladh!!!:bleh:

Yeah it's strange isn't it?

Maybe if he came here more often (*ahem* ever!) and actually played a show more people would join, like he's only ever played here at Oxegen 07 and that wasn't a proper concert y'know?

I know a lot of people who like him now and have told them that I'm on the MFC but they dont really seem interested in joining :naughty:

Yeah it's strange isn't it?

Maybe if he came here more often (*ahem* ever!) and actually played a show more people would join, like he's only ever played here at Oxegen 07 and that wasn't a proper concert y'know?

I know a lot of people who like him now and have told them that I'm on the MFC but they dont really seem interested in joining :naughty:

yeah, sure it was my friend who introduced me to Mika and she was really obsessed one time, but she never said that she joined:(

I know loads of people who really like him, they just don't really think of becoming an mfc member...

At least you got to see him one time he did play here!:D

And I remember reading somewhere that the dodgy holiday tour was actually set up by an Irish accountants firm! So I was almost waiting for an announcment that he'd play here...and nothing happened...:(

and he once said in an interview that he likes the Irish accent!!So why won't he visit us!..:tears: