too much Mika love?

but the point of this thread isn't how "other fans make us feel" but more how we behave/think when it comes to Mika. is our way of thinking rational and realistic?

ex: i read somewhere this week that Mika and his entire family have been gifted with a beautiful smell. now... really????? under normal circumstances, they could have a smell that is distinct to them & it is nice. but all the time? did the sweat glands fairy skip their entire family??? to me, that totally ridiculous. :freak: they are only humans, not gods!

:lmfao:

OMG that's really funny

When I first read your post Guylaine I thought it was a mistyping with 'smile' instead of 'smell' :naughty:

Smile could have made sense but smell ..indeed it's really weird :naughty:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but the point of this thread isn't how "other fans make us feel" but more how we behave/think when it comes to Mika. is our way of thinking rational and realistic?

I think it's a personality trait or personal circumstances.

Like Guylaine, I tend to think that it largely depends of the person, his personal circumstances and his propensity at being obsessed.

It's probably also a cycle for many of us. I assume that in 4 years time, we will not find the same fans in the fangurling threads than now.

Even if every fan does not go through this kind of threads, I think everyone soon or later moves on.

About the 'too much Mika love thing', my thoughts are quite simple.

If I did not like him a lot, I would not be here in his fan club.

The day I will strongly disagree with what he does, I will move on..

Meanwhile, on my side, I find useless to be unforgiving if more or less, his work, music and behavior are fine for me :dunno:

But one more time, it does not mean that I'm blind :naughty:

I do not idealize or over-idolize him. I feel quite realistic about what I really know about him (or don't know about him) that is to say almost nothing or only the little that he wants to show us.

But it doesn't matter. I like what I know and that's enough for me :thumb_yello:

Edited by francoise

I have always had a problem with standing in line to meet Mika. I mean, I realise that in most circumstances it is just about the only way to do it. But it just seems very wrong to me. It is like being an animal in a zoo, standing at one side of a barrier when he is at the other side.

I find the worst is when Mika (or any artist, really) stays in one spot and the people in line to meet him are expected to file past. That's SO awkward. :aah: At least when he's moving down a line he is in control of how long he talks to any given fan. When the fans are moving past the artist it creates an uncomfortable dance in terms of just how much of his time to take. :freak:

I know that your comments aren't completely directed at me, but I thought I'd reply. I've only seen him twice :blink: (2 years, 5 months and 22 days apart :naughty:)...

I personally wasn't going to tell you or anyone how you can love someone over the internet. Very few people know this but I had very strong feeling for someone that I'd never met in person but knew quite well on here, so I'd be the last person to say you can't do it.

Such a pleasure to hear it, because usually people say: you don't know him! In fact, I know much less about people around me ( I'm not talking about my family). I never scrutinized every move and every word of my university friends, for example.

yes, in a way, we are in the same position...

i know he exists, :naughty: cuz i've seen him.

i remember at the taping for the tv show, all i kept thinking about was, how strange that i knew he was with Robie the day before & then, he was in front of me :naughty:

I'm egoistic, but it is some kind of pleasure to read that I'm not that retarded :blush-anim-cl: I've seen him 2 times this summer! (it can be count as a 1 time because it was 2 days one by one). Have to tell, that meeting him live brought me to another level - I realized that he is real, not only picture in YT!!! :wink2: And it made me to love him even more. I always liked how he behaves (it was his behaviour in interviews and vlogs that made me to fall in love, because I loved his songs and vids much earlier), but seeing him backstage before the show - it was fantastic. The band and Mika were ready to go on stage and waited near, Mika was very joyful, laughed with guys and didn't pay attention to us LGs, and it was REAL Mika. I understand that he can be grumpy and strict, and he is not a lamb (otherwise he wouldn't be so successful), but every human can be in a bad mood, and even I (:pinkbow::pinkbow::pinkbow:) can behave as a Fury sometimes. So I don't look at him as at ideal smiling star.

I think a lot of people can relate to that to some degree, but it isn't necessarily an old core vs newbie thing. As you mentioned in the Mikagasmics last night, Mika underwent a dramatic change in mid-2007 and it started changing the culture of MFC. I think a lot of people were taken aback by the sudden intense focus on Mika's physical appearance. I mean we all know he's a good looking guy, etc., but carrying on about his underwear and his chest has been offputting for some since fairly early days. As is the over-idolization. This thread was started in August 2007 after all. Many of the people who posted here had only seen him once or twice themselves.

I like Mika a lot and try to be as empathetic as possible as well but sometimes there are just no excuses IMO. Mika is not my child. He is not even my friend. When it comes right down to it I am his customer. Total unconditional love is not a reasonable expectation in that relationship. Which is not to say you can't love him unconditionally if you want. But you can't expect other fans to.

What I forgot to tell about forgiveness - I never considered myself as a customer, and I must agree and admit that sometimes I act towards Mika the same way as I do to my son. I can be angry, punish him (my son, not Mika :naughty:), dislike something, but I love him anyway.

I never chose to fall in love, it happened as a flash in one night in YT. And I really find a pleasure to love him unconditionally - I fully realize that it is one-sided situation and will be. And of course I don't expect other fans to feel this way. But maybe one shy fan feels the same and suffers, so I hope she/he will read my words and see that he is not the only one. I really needed it when I came here for the 1 time.

And about his dramatic changing - I'm awfully curious what happened?

Anyway, I like how he looks and behaves and does his shows more and more with each year. As for me (I can judge only from YT vids, sorry) this 2010 tour was the best!

Me, myself and I are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to MIKA. I've always been. (:wub2:connie_1.gif:trumpet::bash::camping:)

I've never been a fan of fandom. It took me quite a while to sign in to the forum, just because the concept of superior-star-vs-submissive-fanatic was something I strongly disapproved of for myself. But I was so smitten with the enigma of Mika that I wanted to know everything anybody had to say about him. I didn't want to miss a single bit of footage.

Still up to that point queueing in a line to wait for a popstar to sign whatever object and keeping one's dignity were mutually exclusive things for me. It confused me to meet people who seemed perfectly sane and normal to me and still did that kind of thing.

Some time this week I've read a post in the twitter thread about the concept of treating Mika like an equal. I always really loved that thought. I just never thought it was possible. We all prefer to talk to equals, don't we? Well, I do. I don't want to look down on people. Especially not when I talk to them. Now that is easy because in one way or another we're all equal. I don't really mind looking up to people, actually. But when I talk to that kind of folk, I would like to think that there is a reason for them to listen. Namely listen to me as an individual.

I always looked up to Mika. I still do, for many reasons that go from a as in art to z as in zorro. I like him on his pedestal and I like him when he steps down from it. I don't really think that there is such a huge difference between pedestal Mika and eye level Mika [fig.] at all. There are traits, like his empathy, that appear through his intuitive actions so manifestly for everyone that they can impossibly be part of a manufactured persona. When he cares to make his signature tangible for a blind girl for example.

I'm not saying I don't believe that he can be difficult. Yet those pieces of Mika that are for the public are enough for me to not mind looking up to him and get in the queue. And maybe even keep my dignity. In fact it only occured to me lately that maybe he doesn't even look as far down on us as we (or I) look up to him.

connie_girl_search_sky.gif

Thank you for reminding me of that, making his signature tangible for a blind girl. It was just so thoughtful thing to do :wub2: I think those little details tell a lot about him.

This was a lovely post, btw, you can always find beautiful words!! :thumb_yello:

What I forgot to tell about forgiveness - I never considered myself as a customer, and I must agree and admit that sometimes I act towards Mika the same way as I do to my son. I can be angry, punish him (my son, not Mika :naughty:), dislike something, but I love him anyway.

I never chose to fall in love, it happened as a flash in one night in YT. And I really find a pleasure to love him unconditionally - I fully realize that it is one-sided situation and will be. And of course I don't expect other fans to feel this way. But maybe one shy fan feels the same and suffers, so I hope she/he will read my words and see that he is not the only one. I really needed it when I came here for the 1 time.

I have never considered myself as a customer either. Yes, I buy his music and I buy tickets to his shows, but I buy them from record stores and from ticket offices (I know, somehow I always blame Sandbag and not Mika :naughty:). He makes music and it should be enough. And when I see him as such an interesting artist that it makes me to use my time and money to travel to see his concerts, be a part of his fan club etc I don't see myself as a customer any more. I try to not have any expectations, I just wait and see what happens. Usually good things happen. After seeing his interviews, reading his columns, seeing tiny moments when he is off-stage his music comes more interesting too. This is just my experience.

I admire him as an artist, and I think he is a really interesting person, very intelligent and thoughtful, but I'm not blind to his other sides. I'm sure he can be a difficult person in his private life. We all have many sides. I'm a horrible person myself (if things don't go as I want them to), and I'm thankful every day that my family still wants to live with me :roftl:

T

I admire him as an artist, and I think he is a really interesting person, very intelligent and thoughtful, but I'm not blind to his other sides. I'm sure he can be a difficult person in his private life. We all have many sides. I'm a horrible person myself (if things don't go as I want them to), and I'm thankful every day that my family still wants to live with me :roftl:

After putting up with my hubby, I became so strong that Mika will be like a child for me :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Geez Ingie, why didn't you???

I was trying to keep balance. The well being of at least 10 people was at stake.:teehee:

I have never considered myself as a customer either. Yes, I buy his music and I buy tickets to his shows, but I buy them from record stores and from ticket offices (I know, somehow I always blame Sandbag and not Mika :naughty:).

I remember the Amsterdam drama with your ticket. That sucked!

And I remember you jumping up and down at 6 in the morning, worrying about the alleged huuuugeeee queue that was already waiting outside. You're not horrible, just a little restless:naughty:

I remember the Amsterdam drama with your ticket. That sucked!

And I remember you jumping up and down at 6 in the morning, worrying about the alleged huuuugeeee queue that was already waiting outside. You're not horrible, just a little restless:naughty:

Everything was fine in the end! :thumb_yello:

Btw, I think I was actually quite calm that morning! :sneaky2: :sneaky2: And it was later for me, I come from a different time zone...

But, yes, I feel a bit "restless" at time to time :roftl:

Everything was fine in the end! :thumb_yello:

Btw, I think I was actually quite calm that morning! :sneaky2: :sneaky2: And it was later for me, I come from a different time zone...

But, yes, I feel a bit "restless" at time to time :roftl:

Haha, well I thought you were pretty normal because I get just as psyched as you. The others thought you were very anxious to go:roftl:

Haha, well I thought you were pretty normal because I get just as psyched as you. The others thought you were very anxious to go:roftl:

Oh? Well, that was not one of my best days. Not going to explain it here, but I was so tired, and it was an awfully cold day. And when the security woman told me that my ticket was not valid I just couldn't control myself anymore (I just let out everything I think about sandbag and told I'm definitely not going in, and "you can keep your ticket". Etc. Oh dear.). Of course I felt really bad after that, because it was so wrong. And I did apologize.

Lol, so I'm not going to blame Mika if he is not always in a good mood. Love him anyway :wub2:

Oh? Well, that was not one of my best days. Not going to explain it here, but I was so tired, and it was an awfully cold day. And when the security woman told me that my ticket was not valid I just couldn't control myself anymore (I just let out everything I think about sandbag and told I'm definitely not going in, and "you can keep your ticket". Etc. Oh dear.). Of course I felt really bad after that, because it was so wrong. And I did apologize.

Lol, so I'm not going to blame Mika if he is not always in a good mood. Love him anyway :wub2:

You had every right to be angry. You should expect a professional company like Sandbag to get their stuff together and make it all work. We still love you very much:wub2:

As for the whole queueing to see Mika thing, I think he prefers to talk longer to fans who aren't hysterical. I've been watching him during these moments and it seems whenever someone starts screaming, he just wants to move on as fast as possible.

As for the whole queueing to see Mika thing, I think he prefers to talk longer to fans who aren't hysterical. I've been watching him during these moments and it seems whenever someone starts screaming, he just wants to move on as fast as possible.

I think it's just natural. It's impossible to discuss with anyone who is screaming :blink: I just wish people were calm while waiting him. He is always more chatty if people are polite and calm.

I think it's just natural. It's impossible to discuss with anyone who is screaming :blink: I just wish people were calm while waiting him. He is always more chatty if people are polite and calm.

went to see a concert saturday night and the 2 girls in front of us started screaming the second they say where they were sitting:boxed: the show wasn,t started yet. They were hysterical all the time:aah: was very annoying.

in my mind, anyone who is always in a good mood is under very powerful meds:mf_rosetinted:

Thank you for reminding me of that, making his signature tangible for a blind girl. It was just so thoughtful thing to do :wub2: I think those little details tell a lot about him.

This was a lovely post, btw, you can always find beautiful words!! :thumb_yello:

I have never considered myself as a customer either. Yes, I buy his music and I buy tickets to his shows, but I buy them from record stores and from ticket offices (I know, somehow I always blame Sandbag and not Mika :naughty:). He makes music and it should be enough. And when I see him as such an interesting artist that it makes me to use my time and money to travel to see his concerts, be a part of his fan club etc I don't see myself as a customer any more. I try to not have any expectations, I just wait and see what happens. Usually good things happen. After seeing his interviews, reading his columns, seeing tiny moments when he is off-stage his music comes more interesting too. This is just my experience.

I personally find him quite fascinating. I think I could sit down and listen him talk for hours:biggrin2:

True. He always seems annoyed when they scream in his face. I can't blame him though:naughty:

Maybe he could do a two hour vlog? :roftl:

Now that would be an awesome idea!:mf_rosetinted:

Maybe he could do a two hour vlog? :roftl:

True. He always seems annoyed when they scream in his face. I can't blame him though:naughty:

Now that would be an awesome idea!:mf_rosetinted:

I concur to that idea:wink2: if I'm the one filming it!

Edited by cathouzouf

in my mind, anyone who is always in a good mood is under very powerful meds:mf_rosetinted:

True. :thumb_yello::roftl::roftl:

And what I've figured out from some discussions on this thread was that some girls were very tough as persons in their private life like their husbands or boyfriends etc, so it's not surprising they are so obsessed with Mika and his complex and moody personality.:aah:

Edited by Shine

True. :thumb_yello::roftl::roftl:

And what I've figured out from some discussions on this thread was that some girls are very tough as persons in their private life like their husbands or boyfriends etc, so it's not surprising they are so obsessed with Mika and his complex personality.:aah:

My aunt said I wasn't a sweet kitten myself. I wonder why. I'm always an angel and very easy to be around:mf_rosetinted:

My aunt said I wasn't a sweet kitten myself. I wonder why. I'm always an angel and very easy to be around:mf_rosetinted:

You're not the only one.:teehee:

Sometimes angels can be dangerous.:mf_rosetinted:

And kittens as well.

But I'm more like a rabbit. I bite when you don't expect that at all.:naughty: