too much Mika love?

Yeah it would keep me awake:thumb_yello: but in a good way:biggrin2:

My gf is buyin me some Mika Jeans in London, as we speak:shocked:

I assume that means very tight fitting :biggrin2: i love it really.

Me likes your avatar!:biggrin2:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nicole, my adopted name is elmo, for some reason everyone calls me elmo even my boss.. think it evolved from leemo and the fact that i'm gangly :blink::biggrin2: it stuck, hence the avatar and the myspace.

Well i'm hoping for black jeans ideally to go with my nice grey cardigan and white T-shirt. think the emphasis on "Mika jeans" refers to the snug fit... a 28" waist with 32" leg is near on impossible to buy in this forsaken town:thumbdown:

why am i penalised for being healthy.

Take it easy squeezy :punk:

I agree with all of you (Yet I haven't read all the posts) I think, seeing him through pink glasses makes the reality dissappear. I used the term "Our boy" once, but was not being serious, because he's not our possession and we shouldn't treat him like that. And besides, there's no human being who is perfect and I'd rather want him to have some flaws then to be mr. Perfect. How boring would that be?

Hi Nicole, my adopted name is elmo, for some reason everyone calls me elmo even my boss.. think it evolved from leemo and the fact that i'm gangly :blink::biggrin2: it stuck, hence the avatar and the myspace.

Well i'm hoping for black jeans ideally to go with my nice grey cardigan and white T-shirt. think the emphasis on "Mika jeans" refers to the snug fit... a 28" waist with 32" leg is near on impossible to buy in this forsaken town:thumbdown:

:naughty: thanks for clarifying the meaning of 'mika jeans'. So, do we call you Elmo?:bleh:

I agree with all of you (Yet I haven't read all the posts) I think, seeing him through pink glasses makes the reality dissappear. I used the term "Our boy" once, but was not being serious, because he's not our possession and we shouldn't treat him like that. And besides, there's no human being who is perfect and I'd rather want him to have some flaws then to be mr. Perfect. How boring would that be?

That would be VERY boring.

:biggrin2: I like Elmo :cheerful_h4h:

And "Mika jeans" are cool. Skinny jeans:bleh: I just bought new ones. Dark blue ones. I got tired of the red ones.......

great thread. :thumb_yello: though i haven't read through all the posts. i've spent the last few hours reading through cynthias reports on the gma thread, after seeing her post here. and cynthia, i have to say, i so know what you mean. i also got a bit of what you had there, when i met mika at the ibiza airport. he was polite, but i had a very strong feeling that he didn't want me there. i felt like i had to defend myself, so after saying hi, the first thing i said was that i was waiting for my plane (which was true), and he immediately asked where i was going... and i had the feeling that this was not cause he wanted to chat with me (he definitely didn't), but more a sort of "checking my alibi".

i also first thought it might have been cause he was tired or whatever... but after reading your report, i think he's generally bothered by fans turning up at places where they're "not supposed to be". for whatever reason, we don't know. may it be that he feels we are invading his privacy with this, or that he wants to have control over where+when to meet fans, or just that he doesn't always feel like being nice+sweet to people he doesn't know at all. these are all legitimate reasons, of course. although i know some celebrities who manage to be ALWAYS nice when you meet them, if i was famous, i couldn't, and so i fully understand that mika isn't like this.

what bothers me though, is, that it seems to me like once he's labelled you "fan", you'll never get to have a nice long chat with him (even if there's time), like for example some had with the band or mika's family. but i might as well be wrong with that, i just remembered a story from the birmingham concert, where, um, was her name jenny? got to be on stage and later chatted with mika backstage... don't remember the details of the story, but i think it was more than the "usual" little bit of chatting while signing autographs.

anyway, i absolutely agree that mika isn't perfect, and that we have to love him in spite of his flaws, and not close our eyes to things like that. we can't expect anything from him, except for making music and performing, cause this is his job and what we pay him for by buying his cds and tickets. reading interviews with him makes me wanna chat with him about the things he said, and him saying how much he likes to party makes me wanna party with him. but i know that those things are very unlikely to happen and that i can only hope for it, and never expect it.

Yeah really good idea, lets all naff off and either find someone else to respect :sneaky2: (that one bugs me) or summit. :bleh:

:blink:

I think it might be my stupidity but i don't understand what you mean.

are you being sarcastic?

what does 'naff off' mean?:naughty:

great thread. :thumb_yello: though i haven't read through all the posts. i've spent the last few hours reading through cynthias reports on the gma thread, after seeing her post here. and cynthia, i have to say, i so know what you mean. i also got a bit of what you had there, when i met mika at the ibiza airport. he was polite, but i had a very strong feeling that he didn't want me there. i felt like i had to defend myself, so after saying hi, the first thing i said was that i was waiting for my plane (which was true), and he immediately asked where i was going... and i had the feeling that this was not cause he wanted to chat with me (he definitely didn't), but more a sort of "checking my alibi".

i also first thought it might have been cause he was tired or whatever... but after reading your report, i think he's generally bothered by fans turning up at places where they're "not supposed to be". for whatever reason, we don't know. may it be that he feels we are invading his privacy with this, or that he wants to have control over where+when to meet fans, or just that he doesn't always feel like being nice+sweet to people he doesn't know at all. these are all legitimate reasons, of course. although i know some celebrities who manage to be ALWAYS nice when you meet them, if i was famous, i couldn't, and so i fully understand that mika isn't like this.

what bothers me though, is, that it seems to me like once he's labelled you "fan", you'll never get to have a nice long chat with him (even if there's time), like for example some had with the band or mika's family. but i might as well be wrong with that, i just remembered a story from the birmingham concert, where, um, was her name jenny? got to be on stage and later chatted with mika backstage... don't remember the details of the story, but i think it was more than the "usual" little bit of chatting while signing autographs.

anyway, i absolutely agree that mika isn't perfect, and that we have to love him in spite of his flaws, and not close our eyes to things like that. we can't expect anything from him, except for making music and performing, cause this is his job and what we pay him for by buying his cds and tickets. reading interviews with him makes me wanna chat with him about the things he said, and him saying how much he likes to party makes me wanna party with him. but i know that those things are very unlikely to happen and that i can only hope for it, and never expect it.

:boxed: Hmm...

i think he's still getting used to having fans.

But then again im pretty naive.

First of all, I don't want to offend anyone. It's not my intention. However, I feel I should be able to state my opinion. It seems as though lately when I haven't had the most positive opinion of Mika people go crazy and take it the wrong way. I'm glad there's a thread for this.

I'm here and feel the same. There is too much lurrve for Mika going on, I can't read it. The more I hear what he has to say and the more I read about him, the less I feel I know about him.

Which is OK by me.

I agree, for awhile that I was on here, I was like, "OMG, MIKA IS JUST SO AMAZING!" But now, I think there are many people on here that think Mika makes the sun shine everyday. Don't get me wrong, I still like Mika, but whenever anyone has something negative to say, actually not really negative, more like honest, people jump all over saying, "Mika would never do that!" I also got bombarded on a thread when I said I didn't think Mika was the "hottest guy alive". Then I said that Mika is very attractive but I've seen better, nothing else. Then people were getting into, "Well, I not only like Mika for his looks, I also love his personality". His personality? Do you actually know Mika personally? What he is onstage and in interviews is not necessarily what he is in real life. "Well, when I met him, he was just sooo sweet!" Yeah, because talking to a guy for a minutes makes you think you know him. Also, there have been other people who haven't had a very good experience with Mika and people sit there and say the person is "moaning" or whining about it. No...they're just being honest.

Also, the whole "he's so innocent" crap. How do we know that he's not sleeping with a different person every night? We don't, and I don't wanna know. I'm sick of people acting like they know Mika personally. Who knows what Mika does or will do? It's not much of our business. His music is a part of his job, his whole life story isn't.

I'll admit, I used to think Mika was the greatest thing for a couple months, but I've seen what can happen. I guess I've just gotten wiser about Mika and people in general. I'm still obviously a fan, that's why I am here, but I'm not going to sit around and rave about Mika all the time. I've noticed lately I've posted more in the non-Mika threads than the Mika ones which makes me think that even, if for some reason, I won't like Mika anymore, I may still post here because I like the people that are here.

A few other things that I've noticed and I'll mention them quickly because I know people will get offended is that I've read certain "stories" or "Mika encounters" where the people who've met him think that Mika is their soulmate. Um, okay. How do you know? How can you seriously sit there and say a man that you hardly know at all is your soulmate? Hell, (will this get beeped?) Mika could be an absolute monster in real life. We don't know. Also, the talk of Mika being their hero. I honestly don't consider anyone I don't know personally a hero because you don't really know what that person is really like but that's just me. Anyway, I suppose neither of those subjects are any of my business because people can do what they want, just like I can complain about them. :)

This is a very long post but I feel much better posting this especially since this is appropriate in this thread. I don't want anyone getting upset over what I wrote or jumping all over me. I have my opinion just like you have yours. I like to hear people's opinions about things but I don't think it's fair to attack anyone about their opinions or act like they're wrong.

First of all, I don't want to offend anyone. It's not my intention. However, I feel I should be able to state my opinion. It seems as though lately when I haven't had the most positive opinion of Mika people go crazy and take it the wrong way. I'm glad there's a thread for this.

I agree, for awhile that I was on here, I was like, "OMG, MIKA IS JUST SO AMAZING!" But now, I think there are many people on here that think Mika makes the sun shine everyday. Don't get me wrong, I still like Mika, but whenever anyone has something negative to say, actually not really negative, more like honest, people jump all over saying, "Mika would never do that!" I also got bombarded on a thread when I said I didn't think Mika was the "hottest guy alive". Then I said that Mika is very attractive but I've seen better, nothing else. Then people were getting into, "Well, I not only like Mika for his looks, I also love his personality". His personality? Do you actually know Mika personally? What he is onstage and in interviews is not necessarily what he is in real life. "Well, when I met him, he was just sooo sweet!" Yeah, because talking to a guy for a minutes makes you think you know him. Also, there have been other people who haven't had a very good experience with Mika and people sit there and say the person is "moaning" or whining about it. No...they're just being honest.

Also, the whole "he's so innocent" crap. How do we know that he's not sleeping with a different person every night? We don't, and I don't wanna know. I'm sick of people acting like they know Mika personally. Who knows what Mika does or will do? It's not much of our business. His music is a part of his job, his whole life story isn't.

I'll admit, I used to think Mika was the greatest thing for a couple months, but I've seen what can happen. I guess I've just gotten wiser about Mika and people in general. I'm still obviously a fan, that's why I am here, but I'm not going to sit around and rave about Mika all the time. I've noticed lately I've posted more in the non-Mika threads than the Mika ones which makes me think that even, if for some reason, I won't like Mika anymore, I may still post here because I like the people that are here.

A few other things that I've noticed and I'll mention them quickly because I know people will get offended is that I've read certain "stories" or "Mika encounters" where the people who've met him think that Mika is their soulmate. Um, okay. How do you know? How can you seriously sit there and say a man that you hardly know at all is your soulmate? Hell, (will this get beeped?) Mika could be an absolute monster in real life. We don't know. Also, the talk of Mika being their hero. I honestly don't consider anyone I don't know personally a hero because you don't really know what that person is really like but that's just me. Anyway, I suppose neither of those subjects are any of my business because people can do what they want, just like I can complain about them. :)

This is a very long post but I feel much better posting this especially since this is appropriate in this thread. I don't want anyone getting upset over what I wrote or jumping all over me. I have my opinion just like you have yours. I like to hear people's opinions about things but I don't think it's fair to attack anyone about their opinions or act like they're wrong.

i agree a lot w/ ur first paragraph!it is okay for a lil critism once and awhile!Lol!mika isnt perfect!Lol!

Oh yeah and another thing...after reading the whole thread. I find it funny the number of people that said just don't read the threads that are about that stuff but still come in here and say this is a bad thread or pointless or whatever. It's the same thing. :)

My previous post will probably sound pretty harsh to some people and I suppose I should defend it some more. I am a fan of MIKA. I am not a fan of MICA. I am a fan of MIKA'S MUSIC. I am not a fan of MICA'S PERSONAL LIFE. There's a difference. :)

I agree, especially that ^^. I've seen people on here who, I think, believe that Mika actually sits around and thinks about them personally in his spare time. :blink:

However, a lot of people on here are just young. What may be one thing to an eighteen, etc. year old may be another thing to a fourteen or fifteen year old. I totally understand that. I know that when you're a young teenager, most of the celebrities that you like are mostly people that you find attractive. Sexual attraction is moreso a factor in idolizing people at that age than when you get older. I understand thinking "Ooh, he looked at me in the eyes! We're soulmates! I felt it!" It's a natural reaction to something like that. What is just a common mean of communication can turn into something completely different when you like the person. It's like when you have a crush on someone, and they say "hello," to you, it must mean that they like you! I think that it has something to do with being that age.

Now, I'm not saying that all of the younger members on here only like Mika because of his looks. Definitely not. I'm just saying that for some people, the Mika-love is treated sort of like a school crush. "He looked at me! He loves me!" :D

:blink:

what does 'naff off' mean?:naughty:

It means exactly what you think it means :biggrin2:

:boxed: Hmm...

i think he's still getting used to having fans.

I think fans need to get used to the idea of being just fans. I feel awful for the people who have had uncomfortable encounters with him and am a bit surprised that he didn't suck it up and put on a polite act. But at the same time there is a time and a place for fan interaction and if you catch him at some other time you are opening yourself up to rejection.

The more fans encroach on his personal time and space the more likely this is to happen. It would be a shame if it led to him wanting to avoid fans in even more situations, such as when he's leaving a venue or backstage at a show. He must realize that his easy accessibility and friendliness has been encouraging fans to treat him with over-familiarity, so he may feel forced to distance himself from fans in all situations to put a stop to it.

I agree, especially that ^^. I've seen people on here who, I think, believe that Mika actually sits around and thinks about them personally in his spare time. :blink:

However, a lot of people on here are just young. What may be one thing to an eighteen, etc. year old may be another thing to a fourteen or fifteen year old. I totally understand that. I know that when you're a young teenager, most of the celebrities that you like are mostly people that you find attractive. Sexual attraction is moreso a factor in idolizing people at that age than when you get older. I understand thinking "Ooh, he looked at me in the eyes! We're soulmates! I felt it!" It's a natural reaction to something like that. What is just a common mean of communication can turn into something completely different when you like the person. It's like when you have a crush on someone, and they say "hello," to you, it must mean that they like you! I think that it has something to do with being that age.

Now, I'm not saying that all of the younger members on here only like Mika because of his looks. Definitely not. I'm just saying that for some people, the Mika-love is treated sort of like a school crush. "He looked at me! He loves me!" :D

I can definitely understand that though some of the people who have posted such things are older than me, hah. But, yes, all of that is very true.

I think fans need to get used to the idea of being just fans.

Very well put. :)

I am a fan of MIKA. I am not a fan of MICA. I am a fan of MIKA'S MUSIC. I am not a fan of MICA'S PERSONAL LIFE. There's a difference. :)

for me, this is always connected. that's why i share only some of your thoughts. i'm not offended though, i know what you mean. but if i was a fan JUST of mika's music, i wouldn't come on here, but just listen to his music and that's it.

I think fans need to get used to the idea of being just fans. I feel awful for the people who have had uncomfortable encounters with him and am a bit surprised that he didn't suck it up and put on a polite act. But at the same time there is a time and a place for fan interaction and if you catch him at some other time you are opening yourself up to rejection.

not sure if you mean it the way i understand it, but this attitude is exactly what bothers me. i don't know if he thinks this way, but if he does, i don't like it. i mean, he probably goes out for parties etc and meets new people there, has long conversations with them if he wants to and ends conversations quickly if not. that's fine and just human. but if i get the feeling that he is offended about me just being there (like, at the airport) BECAUSE i'm a fan, i feel like some second class person. ok it's one thing to say "fan interaction" in the sense of signing autographs/taking pix, you're absolutely right, there is a time for this. but if i meet him somewhere and esp. if we've met before, i want to be able to just say hi and have a 30 second small talk with him, without getting the feeling that i need to excuse myself for being there or to say hi to someone i "know" - "know" in a sense of any person you once met, you'd go up to them to say hi if you met them again, that's just normal! or any person (famous or not) you're interested in meeting, you'd go up to them and introduce yourself. i don't see why this should be different just because he's a musician and i'm his fan. you know what i mean?

well, but as i said, i don't know if he thinks this way, or if it's maybe just generally his way of showing that he's not in the mood for a long chat, that can seem a bit rude.

not sure if you mean it the way i understand it, but this attitude is exactly what bothers me. i don't know if he thinks this way, but if he does, i don't like it. i mean, he probably goes out for parties etc and meets new people there, has long conversations with them if he wants to and ends conversations quickly if not. that's fine and just human. but if i get the feeling that he is offended about me just being there (like, at the airport) BECAUSE i'm a fan, i feel like some second class person. ok it's one thing to say "fan interaction" in the sense of signing autographs/taking pix, you're absolutely right, there is a time for this. but if i meet him somewhere and esp. if we've met before, i want to be able to just say hi and have a 30 second small talk with him, without getting the feeling that i need to excuse myself for being there or to say hi to someone i "know" - "know" in a sense of any person you once met, you'd go up to them to say hi if you met them again, that's just normal! or any person (famous or not) you're interested in meeting, you'd go up to them and introduce yourself. i don't see why this should be different just because he's a musician and i'm his fan. you know what i mean?

well, but as i said, i don't know if he thinks this way, or if it's maybe just generally his way of showing that he's not in the mood for a long chat, that can seem a bit rude.

I understand exactly what you mean.

But when you put yourself in Mika's shoes, you might act the same way.

He may've not known that you just wanted to talk, and he might've thought that you were maybe wanting something from him (another autograph, etc) or that you had followed him there. He has to be cautious about things like that.

I completely understand you, though. :)

Well, when I said I am a fan of MIKA, I'm using that term like Hannah did. I would like to know about the songwriter/singer Mika, which includes interviews, public pictures, new music, stuff like that. But when I said I'm not a fan of MICA, I mean I don't think I need to see pictures of him in his personal life, going out, and such. Just like I don't really want to know much more than what he already shares with everyone 'cause there's a reason he doesn't as it is. That's kinda the point I'm trying to get at. I think Babs said it earlier, Mika acts the way he wants us to see him act for the most part. I just think that MIKA and MICA could be two completely different people, and I just want to know about the Mika side. :)

I've noticed lately I've posted more in the non-Mika threads than the Mika ones which makes me think that even, if for some reason, I won't like Mika anymore, I may still post here because I like the people that are here.

exactly

i thought there was like the 'perfect balance' here,

i mean, on the thread that i hang out most, we dont talk about mika all the time,

we've spoken about racism and bullying and all sorts of stuff, yeah we talk about mika, but we're friends on there, so we just talk about

anything xD

2 of the regulars are 'married' :mf_rosetinted:

I understand exactly what you mean.

But when you put yourself in Mika's shoes, you might act the same way.

He may've not known that you just wanted to talk, and he might've thought that you were maybe wanting something from him (another autograph, etc) or that you had followed him there. He has to be cautious about things like that.

I completely understand you, though. :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It would be normal for him to think fans are following him even when it's just a coincidence.

Well, when I said I am a fan of MIKA, I'm using that term like Hannah did. I would like to know about the songwriter/singer Mika, which includes interviews, public pictures, new music, stuff like that. But when I said I'm not a fan of MICA, I mean I don't think I need to see pictures of him in his personal life, going out, and such. Just like I don't really want to know much more than what he already shares with everyone 'cause there's a reason he doesn't as it is. That's kinda the point I'm trying to get at. I think Babs said it earlier, Mika acts the way he wants us to see him act for the most part. I just think that MIKA and MICA could be two completely different people, and I just want to know about the Mika side. :)

see, i dont know if its just me, and i know this sounds stupid and teenager-ish

but i felt a 'connection' with mika

not marriage or love or anything

but more of like a role model

i mean, i dont know all about his life, but if he was bullied as a child and didnt fit in, and got to were he is today, then it makes me think i can too

not necessarily in music, but just in life.

see, i dont know if its just me, and i know this sounds stupid and teenager-ish

but i felt a 'connection' with mika

not marriage or love or anything

but more of like a role model

i mean, i dont know all about his life, but if he was bullied as a child and didnt fit in, and got to were he is today, then it makes me think i can too

not necessarily in music, but just in life.

I think that's perfectly okay.

It crosses the line when we want to know EVERYTHING about MICA's life and what he's like. We obviously know the story of how he got to where he is today, with all of his struggles and everything. It's okay to look up to him for that...I know I do.