Happy Ending (Radio Edit)

Valelia

I didn't even know there was a radio edit of BG (sounds plausible though). Probably because the song has not been released as a single in our country (yet). I own the single, but that version is the same as on the album indeed. Now I am getting curious to hear the radio edit of BG!

lol have you not seen the Big Girl video? I'm not sure if the video version was also the radio version, but the video version was shorter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol have you not seen the Big Girl video? I'm not sure if the video version was also the radio version, but the video version was shorter.

Hehe really? I haven't noticed that although I have watched the video many times. Oh well, maybe it's because watching and hearing don't go hand in hand very well for me when it comes to videos. I have to concentrate on one thing at a time and mostly it's the watching. :naughty:

*runs off to YouTube*

Hehe really? I haven't noticed that although I have watched the video many times. Oh well, maybe it's because watching and hearing don't go hand in hand very well for me when it comes to videos. I have to concentrate on one thing at a time and mostly it's the watching. :naughty:

*runs off to YouTube*

lol its noticeably shorter Blue! Shame on you! ;)

it doesnt have the ssstttthhmmmmmmm BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUUUUUUL and at the end "big girl you are beautiful!" is shorter too lol...they're the only things that come to mind right about now. that might be it xD

I knew the intro was shorter (and without the 'sucking' where the album version starts with) but I didn't know about the rest. Now I do, I listened very carefully and I am convinced. :naughty:

seeeeeeeeeee? lol :mf_rosetinted:

i am also very sure that this radio edit will also feature in the video too...and not the original (i think sometimes artists do that? but i might be making it up?) so it will be VERY interesting to see how it all turns out. Hopefully there will be a full version and a short version?....maybe?

LOL, It's funny how some of you enjoyed the bird. It was quite annoying in the morning when I couldn't record it without his "input".

I've uploaded a new version now without him, it also sounds a bit better if anyone wants to download. Once again, not perfect, this is being recorded with my tiny mic.

seeeeeeeeeee? lol :mf_rosetinted:

i am also very sure that this radio edit will also feature in the video too...and not the original (i think sometimes artists do that? but i might be making it up?) so it will be VERY interesting to see how it all turns out. Hopefully there will be a full version and a short version?....maybe?

I agree, this is the song people will know from the video. The song is still great, we are just too use to the original one. But, I know it'll grow on us as we get use to it.

Yeah, I don't mind this version!

Even though it's still a sad song it has more of an upbeat feel to it now.

I really hope it does well and I can't wait for it to be released in Oz (Prolly next year sometime:naughty: )

Still waiting to see the bloody video clip.....

That is actually an AWESOME version!! I love it!! The background beat reminds me a bit of Michael Jackson. It's BRILLIANT!

ya i agree! i love this new version!! i think the original is perfection, but i definitely think this is an awesome edit!! love it :punk:

Hrm. It's like low-fat cheese. It's edible, but compared to the real thing, something is definitely missing.

I dunno. A friend of mine once described the album version as an "orgasm for your ears" - the way it builds and builds, then just sort of explodes into fantastic awesome-ness. The crescendo isn't nearly as forceful in this one. (Sorry, younglings!)

It's not bad, though - and it is likely more "radio-worthy" than the album version. The drum bit is kind of groovy.

I wonder if he's going to do the edited version at his concerts?

i cant download any af those versions...

it says server in your country is busy!!!!!!!! :(

hmmmm that's strange coz it took me 30 seconds to download from yousendit, i've had problems only with megaupload...

Thanks for posting this, i'm waiting to hear this song in Polish radio stations :wink2:

This version is very slowly growing on me - I slagged it off a bit in other threads this week but I dislike it less now, and I always saw the reasons behind the edit - airplay, commercial appeal, etc. Still much prefer the original though.

Did anyone hear Sara Cox raving about it yesterday??? She was basically saying to her listeners "You know you love it, you're surprised because you thought you didn't like Mika...go and buy the album!!" Okay she didn't say those actual words but that was definitely what she was getting at. Good for her!!

I cheered :biggrin2:

This version is very slowly growing on me - I slagged it off a bit in other threads this week but I dislike it less now, and I always saw the reasons behind the edit - airplay, commercial appeal, etc. Still much prefer the original though.

Did anyone hear Sara Cox raving about it yesterday??? She was basically saying to her listeners "You know you love it, you're surprised because you thought you didn't like Mika...go and buy the album!!" Okay she didn't say those actual words but that was definitely what she was getting at. Good for her!!

I cheered :biggrin2:

see? i was right. i knew it would grow on people! i really like this version.

as for sara cox, thats amazing! YAY!

Hrm. It's like low-fat cheese. It's edible, but compared to the real thing, something is definitely missing.

I dunno. A friend of mine once described the album version as an "orgasm for your ears" - the way it builds and builds, then just sort of explodes into fantastic awesome-ness. The crescendo isn't nearly as forceful in this one. (Sorry, younglings!)

It's not bad, though - and it is likely more "radio-worthy" than the album version. The drum bit is kind of groovy.

lol i have nothing really to say here, i just thought it was an awesome post xD

but i think he'll stick to the album version at concerts.

but i think he'll stick to the album version at concerts.

Yup, I think he will. Concerts are the ideal places to play longer versions.

Hehe, which reminds me: the radio version of Melissa Etheridges 'Like the Way I do' didn't do much in this country in '88 but when she released the extended live version a few years later it became HUGE here. :naughty:

Totally agree with you about the less intense crescendo, but still I think

it "works" for top 40 radio better than the original might have... And I

don't mind the "groovy" drum beat at all. Overall, I like it a lot. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for sharing, valelia! :)

dcdeb

I'm listening to it right now: think it's still a beautiful song. Hope the rest of the world will think so too.

Thanks for uploading, so we don't have to wait until the official release. Although it's always a very special moment when you here a new song for the first time on the radio...)

(I like the "Hey, hey, hey...!")