Any Christians?

JoPerrin

I was wondering if anyone had ever been to Life Teen camp? it's catholic, and around America:bleh:

It sounds really familiar, but I've never been to one. I might have heard of one near me..what's it like? I'm guessing you've gone? :)

It's mind-blowing, isn't it? And yes, a thousand times better than a Mika blog. Actually, the other night I was thinking about how much I love certain musicians...Mika, Freddie, Gwen, etc..etc... and I just thought "You know...none of them love me back...none of them care about me...but here I am, loved unconditionally by Jesus."

That one thought really put things into perspective.

I think about that a lot too. Sometimes I'll be sitting in church and I'll think about how much I look up to certain musicians, and how sometimes it's almost like I put them on a pedestal, yet they don't know me. They don't care about me, and they don't care to get to know me, but there God is, just waiting for me to let him in..

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been...but it sounds nice!

i've only been once but it was so emotional! unfortunatly this past summer was the last chance for attending and our church didn't sign up:thumbdown:but i'm thinking of being a counciler....if i'm not to busy with college!

does anyone know what the name of those bracelets are with icons of saints on them? they're usually brown,.....anyways i saw them at Claire's and kind of took offense because they were selling them more like a fashion accessory, instead of something holy!.....but actually i might go out and buy one, because that is the only place i know where to get them....all our Christian stores closed down:thumbdown:

Oh, really? That would be nice, if you're willing! Actually...I have been contemplating making you a Keith Green compilation, but I didn't want to be forcing music on you!

I don't think I sent you that one on myspace.

Of course! I'll let you know when I'll be sending it out.:thumb_yello: I think it could be spiritually healing for you right now.

Haha, I wouldn't mind it at all! I love broadening my Christian music horizons. :wink2: And I really like what you've sent to me so far!

Now that I'm listening, I don't think so either. haha

i've only been once but it was so emotional! unfortunatly this past summer was the last chance for attending and our church didn't sign up:thumbdown:but i'm thinking of being a counciler....if i'm not to busy with college!

does anyone know what the name of those bracelets are with icons of saints on them? they're usually brown,.....anyways i saw them at Claire's and kind of took offense because they were selling them more like a fashion accessory, instead of something holy!.....but actually i might go out and buy one, because that is the only place i know where to get them....all our Christian stores closed down:thumbdown:

Haha, I think a lot of those youth conferences are emotional.:naughty: But still really incredible! That's great and seems like great fun!

I don't know what I'm called to do with my life yet, but I definitely think I'll be serving the church in some way.

I think they're just called saint bracelets. I have two. hehe One like this, only the beads are smaller:

WoodenSaintBracelet.jpg

Really? That's interesting.

I know what you mean, sometimes it can be a bit irritating to see them in a store like that, but then again, maybe they are selling them with good intentions. :wink2: Maybe we should be happy that people are buying them.

Haha, I think a lot of those youth conferences are emotional.:naughty: But still really incredible! That's great and seems like great fun!

I don't know what I'm called to do with my life yet, but I definitely think I'll be serving the church in some way.

I think they're just called saint bracelets. I have two. hehe One like this, only the beads are smaller:

WoodenSaintBracelet.jpg

Really? That's interesting.

I know what you mean, sometimes it can be a bit irritating to see them in a store like that, but then again, maybe they are selling them with good intentions. :wink2: Maybe we should be happy that people are buying them.

yes at the camp i actually cried at every mass....which is astonishing for me cuz i hardly ever cry:blink:

haha yea that's it! i think they're lovely, and a great way to show faith! i guess you're right....i just hope they don't become a 'fashion trend'

can i make a confession?well two years ago for confirmation i recieved a cross bracelet that i always wanted and wore it a lot,....the this past year i really liked this guy [oh no, not one of these stories...sorry:naughty:] and he was all,...idk...bad*ss....so i stopped wearing my bracelet cuz i thought he wouldn't like me....how stupid am i,...so embarassing!!:tears:

I have never seen those bracelets around, but I can imagine how you feel. I must admit, I don't appreciate it much when people wear crucifixes just because they're pretty. When I wear mine, my main point is to make a statement about myself. I want people to see that and immediately know I am a Christian...not just someone that's wearing a cross on their neck.

Of course! I'll let you know when I'll be sending it out.:thumb_yello: I think it could be spiritually healing for you right now.

Haha, I wouldn't mind it at all! I love broadening my Christian music horizons. :wink2: And I really like what you've sent to me so far!

Now that I'm listening, I don't think so either. haha

Okay, sounds good. I'll start getting you a cd together. It's a bit funny how we've both been thinking to do similar things for each other. I hope Keith's music will be a blessing for you! and I look forward to reading the book. :)

yes at the camp i actually cried at every mass....which is astonishing for me cuz i hardly ever cry:blink:

haha yea that's it! i think they're lovely, and a great way to show faith! i guess you're right....i just hope they don't become a 'fashion trend'

can i make a confession?well two years ago for confirmation i recieved a cross bracelet that i always wanted and wore it a lot,....the this past year i really liked this guy [oh no, not one of these stories...sorry:naughty:] and he was all,...idk...bad*ss....so i stopped wearing my bracelet cuz i thought he wouldn't like me....how stupid am i,...so embarassing!!:tears:

Aw, peer pressure gets the best of us sometimes. You're not stupid. Maybe that's just a lesson you can learn from? I imagine all of us have had moments like that before.

Haha! We've all been there! :bleh:

I went on a weekend retreat a few weeks ago called Steubenville for the fourth time this year, and each year before, I never cried, but this year I cried like a baby the first night. It was so embarrassing for me because I hate when people see me cry, and like you, I'm not a crier!

Hahahah! The things we do to impress others, eh? :bleh:

Do you still have it? What does it look like?

Aw, peer pressure gets the best of us sometimes. You're not stupid. Maybe that's just a lesson you can learn by? I imagine all of us have had moments like that before.

aww thanks! *runs to find bracelet* won't be taking this thing off!!:bleh:

I have never seen those bracelets around, but I can imagine how you feel. I must admit, I don't appreciate it much when people wear crucifixes just because they're pretty. When I wear mine, my main point is to make a statement about myself. I want people to see that and immediately know I am a Christian...not just someone that's wearing a cross on their neck.

Okay, sounds good. I'll start getting you a cd together. It's a bit funny how we've both been thinking to do similar things for each other. I hope Keith's music will be a blessing for you! and I look forward to reading the book. :)

I just don't like when celebrities buy the biggest, most diamond encrusted cross they can find when crucifixes are supposed to be simple, and a sign of humility. How is one being humble with a diamond encrusted crucifix that costs more than my house hanging around my neck! haha

Oh well..I have to work on being less judgmental.:naughty:

Haha, I know. We're so cute like that.:wink2:

I'm sure it will be! I'm looking forward to hearing more of his stuff!

Haha! We've all been there! :bleh:

I went on a weekend retreat a few weeks ago called Steubenville for the fourth time this year, and each year before, I never cried, but this year I cried like a baby the first night. It was so embarrassing for me because I hate when people see me cry, and like you, I'm not a crier!

Hahahah! The things we do to impress others, eh? :bleh:

Do you still have it? What does it look like?

haha exactly! i hated people seeing me cry but once i looked around and realized everyone was crying, i felt more comfortable....and very few people judge you...very nice!

haha i went to go find it again...it's a simple silver rope with a pink encrusted jewled cross:wub2:

Oh, gosh I am a big crier...especially when the Holy Spirit is around. :)

Haha, oh that Holy Spirit! :roftl:

Well, ladies...I have to get going. Going to read my Bible and then off to bed. Was nice chatting...talk to you both later. :)

Good night Amanda, nice talking as always.

Have fun with God.:wink2:

Well, ladies...I have to get going. Going to read my Bible and then off to bed. Was nice chatting...talk to you both later. :)

Have a nice time! thank you for this chat soo much:wub2: the longer i stay on here, the more i find there are actually really good people in the world:blush-anim-cl:

goodnite:bye:

haha exactly! i hated people seeing me cry but once i looked around and realized everyone was crying, i felt more comfortable....and very few people judge you...very nice!

haha i went to go find it again...it's a simple silver rope with a pink encrusted jewled cross:wub2:

Haha, yea, it's so uplifting to witness the Holy Spirit touching others in such a profound way, huh? I love retreats.:wub2:

That sounds really cute! Do you have a picture?

Haha, yea, it's so uplifting to witness the Holy Spirit touching others in such a profound way, huh? I love retreats.:wub2:

That sounds really cute! Do you have a picture?

i know and i've never ever felt that before! and i was with my music director who[my friend makes fun of him b/c he's so spiritual:sneaky2:] is simply amazing...but he moved away, but had his first child! so amazing, the gift of life:wub2:

i'll try to take a pic tomro:wink2:seeing as it's12:30pm and i'd havta sneak into my sister's room to steal her camera:naughty:

i know and i've never ever felt that before! and i was with my music director who[my friend makes fun of him b/c he's so spiritual:sneaky2:] is simply amazing...but he moved away, but had his first child! so amazing, the gift of life:wub2:

i'll try to take a pic tomro:wink2:seeing as it's12:30pm and i'd havta sneak into my sister's room to steal her camera:naughty:

That sounds like it was really amazing! How long was it?

Haha, sounds good. :wink2:

This week coming up will be a thing at the retreat center in my town called Catholic Heart work Camp. A bunch of teens from all over the country pay $300 to come and do community service around my county, and my Youth Group was chosen to be the "host Youth Group". So we all go there and serve the servants by cooking them meals and stuff. I'm looking forward to it, it's always fun!

That sounds like it was really amazing! How long was it?

Haha, sounds good. :wink2:

This week coming up will be a thing at the retreat center in my town called Catholic Heart work Camp. A bunch of teens from all over the country pay $300 to come and do community service around my county, and my Youth Group was chosen to be the "host Youth Group". So we all go there and serve the servants by cooking them meals and stuff. I'm looking forward to it, it's always fun!

it was a week, but took 1 1/2 days to travel....which was almost just as fun! haha we jammed out to some Matt Maher:punk:honestly one of the most relaxing, peaceful, beautiful places i've ever been!

oo here's their website and on the homepage they have a slideshow, that's one of the sites and all that mud was awsome!

http://www.lifeteen.com/

oh cool that's sounds amazing! i've never heard of it....i think it'd be a cool way to meet other catholics! seeing as at my church it's mostly cliques, and they don't really enjoy Christ:thumbdown:

it was a week, but took 1 1/2 days to travel....which was almost just as fun! haha we jammed out to some Matt Maher:punk:honestly one of the most relaxing, peaceful, beautiful places i've ever been!

oo here's their website and on the homepage they have a slideshow, that's one of the sites and all that mud was awsome!

http://www.lifeteen.com/

oh cool that's sounds amazing! i've never heard of it....i think it'd be a cool way to meet other catholics! seeing as at my church it's mostly cliques, and they don't really enjoy Christ:thumbdown:

Wow, where was it at?

Matt Maher!! :wub2: I love that man!

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! haha But what was the mud for?:roftl:

It is a cool way! The people you meet there are really amazing, some of us still keep in touch with the people we've met through it.

Aww, I know how you feel. Sometimes it may seem that way, but then again, I guess I just have to love them where they're at, right? I was once like those people who never took their faith seriously. haha

Wow, where was it at?

Matt Maher!! :wub2: I love that man!

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! haha But what was the mud for?:roftl:

It is a cool way! The people you meet there are really amazing, some of us still keep in touch with the people we've met through it.

Aww, I know how you feel. Sometimes it may seem that way, but then again, I guess I just have to love them where they're at, right? I was once like those people who never took their faith seriously. haha

it's soo much fun...in Tiger,Georgia....the mud haha was our last day we run around and we had races thru it, and then to wash off you went to the waterfalls!:wub2:and one day you get to go white water rafting, and they have stations of the cross in the woods! and everymorning a Rosary session:wub2:

it's hard to take it serioiusly and even with my mom, i kinda feel like somtimes she thinks those people are "boring" or idk......but i guess when i move away to college next summer i can be who i want to without her opinion:bleh:

it's soo much fun...in Tiger,Georgia....the mud haha was our last day we run around and we had races thru it, and then to wash off you went to the waterfalls!:wub2:and one day you get to go white water rafting, and they have stations of the cross in the woods! and everymorning a Rosary session:wub2:

it's hard to take it serioiusly and even with my mom, i kinda feel like somtimes she thinks those people are "boring" or idk......but i guess when i move away to college next summer i can be who i want to without her opinion:bleh:

In the waterfalls? So pretty!

And Sations of the Cross in the woods? That sounds so nice!

Haha, sometimes I'm the one dragging my parents out of bed and to church!:naughty:

Okay, well I'm going to get to bed. I'll never wake up early for mass tomorrow if I stay up much later.

Good night, nice talking! :wub2:

In the waterfalls? So pretty!

And Sations of the Cross in the woods? That sounds so nice!

Haha, sometimes I'm the one dragging my parents out of bed and to church!:naughty:

Okay, well I'm going to get to bed. I'll never wake up early for mass tomorrow if I stay up much later.

yea very nice...cold!...waterfalls!

and oh yea Matt Maher was at the camp 2 years ago [unfortuantly i wasn't there] but he lead the music for the whole week!

yes go to bed!haha actually i was about to go to. i agree nice chat!:bleh::bye:

I wish more would join us, haha. We don't bite.:wink2:

Course we don't!

Aw, Jess....I love your story. :) Isn't it strange how we see ourselves...so flawed and we can always point out what's wrong with us....then you stop to consider that Jesus created us exactly how He wanted us...and that He loves us unconditionally and thinks we are beautiful regardless. Your story is definitely proof of that and I'm glad that the Lord was able to comfort you and get His message to you.

Doesn't it make you feel special? To know that He is thinking of you and that all of these messages we receive are not just coincidence, but rather they are intentional and straight from Him. That's something that always comforts me.

I think it's great how you guys have these experiences and share them with us...

My parents don't often go to church... admittedly my dad isn't catholic, but still...

Ladies, I am so encouraged by the discussions we are having on here at the moment. I think it's such a wonderful thing to share our thoughts on God.... to talk about a word that we have received (for example, mandilami and finkster's stories)...

If we could help someone out there, even one person, who may be reading this thread... if we could encourage them to question their own beliefs... to seek Jesus and to have a personal relationship with him... no matter what stage someone is at, whether they are just hearing about Jesus for the first time, or if they have known him for years but desire to delve deeper into the heart of God... imagine what we could do to bring glory to His kingdom.

People deserve to hear about Jesus and they are free to make whatever decision they will regarding the information they receive. But it is our duty as Christians and children of God to go out there and tell them of this amazing God who came to earth in the form of Jesus to die so that we may live.

It's not about being religious, it's about the revelation and understanding that Jesus was and is real. That he loves every single person on this earth with an everlasting love. That every one of us has been crafted and formed exactly as he wished... that we are made in his image and we are perfectly made. It's about understanding that because we are made in his image God has feelings just like us, and he so deeply cares for us and wants to be a part of our lives. He so desperately wants his children to know that he loves them, and he wants us to love him in return. He wants us to desire to seek him, to know him, to draw near. When we draw near to him, he promises to draw near to us.

There is so much darkness and destruction on this earth and life is so hard, but we need to know that we have an amazing God, a saviour and if we give him our lives and allow him to work in us and through us we can do amazing things.

God is living on this earth, in his children. If we will call upon the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, we will always have a guide, a healer, a helper, a comforter. We are called to be his hands and feet. We are to be salt... light in this world...