Any Christians?

JoPerrin

I agree wholeheartedly, Rainbow Sky (which reminds me...have I ever asked you your real name? I can't recall and I feel somewhat awkward still calling you RS!, but that's okay if you'd prefer that).

Sometimes I feel so passionate about Jesus and just want to tell everyone about how wonderful He is. I really wish that non-Christians might come in here to read our comments...just getting them interested or curious would be a good thing. I think we should start up a new topic eventually and give it a more inviting topic title. Maybe people would feel more inclined to come in and read if the topic was different. Just a thought...

But anyway...I've been thinking about how my life on this earth is so fleeting in comparison to what is to come for me when I die. When you consider the reason that we were even put on this earth, it personally makes me want to try even harder to live the way the Lord has told me to. I was not put on this earth to live a wordly life. I was put on this earth to live for Him and to be a tool for His works. That's pretty heavy stuff, when you think about it.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly, Rainbow Sky (which reminds me...have I ever asked you your real name? I can't recall and I feel somewhat awkward still calling you RS!, but that's okay if you'd prefer that).

Sometimes I feel so passionate about Jesus and just want to tell everyone about how wonderful He is. I really wish that non-Christians might come in here to read our comments...just getting them interested or curious would be a good thing. I think we should start up a new topic eventually and give it a more inviting topic title. Maybe people would feel more inclined to come in and read if the topic was different. Just a thought...

But anyway...I've been thinking about how my life on this earth is so fleeting in comparison to what is to come for me when I die. When you consider the reason that we were even put on this earth, it personally makes me want to try even harder to live the way the Lord has told me to. I was not put on this earth to live a wordly life. I was put on this earth to live for Him and to be a tool for His works. That's pretty heavy stuff, when you think about it.

you might not of read this in the other thread, but as i was reading one of your posts and watching so you think you can dance, a gy started dancing to gwen stefani's holla back girl. Ironic!!!??

mandilambi, I am not even surprised that you mentioned a new thread. I felt the need to do this a few weeks ago, but at the last second decided not to post it as I thought it might offend JoPerrin who began this thread.

But this confirms to me that this is a "God-thing". He is doing something on here right now. I would be happy for a new thread to be posted if that is okay with everyone else. I think we should pray about it first... let Holy Spirit guide us into naming it and allowing us to get a glimpse of what he wants to be done. :) Awesome!

Oh, by the way, my name is Liz :naughty:. And you are Mandi, right? :roftl:

hello Jesus Lovers:bye:

I went today to Claire's to find one of those saint's bracelets but they didn't have them anymore:thumbdown: has anyone seen these at stores that might be in america?:bleh:

WoodenSaintBracelet.jpg

I'm sorry musicfreak, I've not seen them before... and I don't live in America so I definitely can't help. :naughty: Good luck, though.

I've never seen this thread before. I'm Catholic and so are my family, we go to mass etc. but aren't hugely religious.

religon is something that I've been thinking a lot about lately...all religons, and I dunno what to think sometimes really...

thats it, I'll go now:naughty:

mandilambi, I am not even surprised that you mentioned a new thread. I felt the need to do this a few weeks ago, but at the last second decided not to post it as I thought it might offend JoPerrin who began this thread.

But this confirms to me that this is a "God-thing". He is doing something on here right now. I would be happy for a new thread to be posted if that is okay with everyone else. I think we should pray about it first... let Holy Spirit guide us into naming it and allowing us to get a glimpse of what he wants to be done. :) Awesome!

Oh, by the way, my name is Liz :naughty:. And you are Mandi, right? :roftl:

I agree, I think we should definitely pray on it. Who knows, the Lord may put some similar new ideas on our hearts. I'll be praying on this one, for sure.

Oh, and I never knew your name is Liz! Mine is actually Amanda...but you can call me Mandi if you like!

I've never seen this thread before. I'm Catholic and so are my family, we go to mass etc. but aren't hugely religious.

religon is something that I've been thinking a lot about lately...all religons, and I dunno what to think sometimes really...

Welcome! Even if you're not hugely religious, please feel free to post in here with us. :)

I think it's great how you guys have these experiences and share them with us...

My parents don't often go to church... admittedly my dad isn't catholic, but still...

Have you any?:das:

My parents flip flop. Two weeks they go, three weeks they miss, etc.

Ladies, I am so encouraged by the discussions we are having on here at the moment. I think it's such a wonderful thing to share our thoughts on God.... to talk about a word that we have received (for example, mandilami and finkster's stories)...

If we could help someone out there, even one person, who may be reading this thread... if we could encourage them to question their own beliefs... to seek Jesus and to have a personal relationship with him... no matter what stage someone is at, whether they are just hearing about Jesus for the first time, or if they have known him for years but desire to delve deeper into the heart of God... imagine what we could do to bring glory to His kingdom.

People deserve to hear about Jesus and they are free to make whatever decision they will regarding the information they receive. But it is our duty as Christians and children of God to go out there and tell them of this amazing God who came to earth in the form of Jesus to die so that we may live.

It's not about being religious, it's about the revelation and understanding that Jesus was and is real. That he loves every single person on this earth with an everlasting love. That every one of us has been crafted and formed exactly as he wished... that we are made in his image and we are perfectly made. It's about understanding that because we are made in his image God has feelings just like us, and he so deeply cares for us and wants to be a part of our lives. He so desperately wants his children to know that he loves them, and he wants us to love him in return. He wants us to desire to seek him, to know him, to draw near. When we draw near to him, he promises to draw near to us.

There is so much darkness and destruction on this earth and life is so hard, but we need to know that we have an amazing God, a saviour and if we give him our lives and allow him to work in us and through us we can do amazing things.

God is living on this earth, in his children. If we will call upon the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, we will always have a guide, a healer, a helper, a comforter. We are called to be his hands and feet. We are to be salt... light in this world...

:wub2:I love your posts.

hello Jesus Lovers

I went today to Claire's to find one of those saint's bracelets but they didn't have them anymore has anyone seen these at stores that might be in america?

WoodenSaintBracelet.jpg

I might be able to hook you up...I'll let you know.:wink2:

But this confirms to me that this is a "God-thing". He is doing something on here right now. I would be happy for a new thread to be posted if that is okay with everyone else. I think we should pray about it first... let Holy Spirit guide us into naming it and allowing us to get a glimpse of what he wants to be done. Awesome!

Oh, by the way, my name is Liz . And you are Mandi, right? :roftl:

I like the idea of a new thread with a modified title. No offense to JoPerrin, but I agree that a new thread could be more welcoming for some.

I'll pray about it.:wink2:

thats it, I'll go now

Hey Debbie!

Glad you posted in here. :) I hope that you'll be able to figure things out for yourself..Feel free to ask questions and join in on the discussions.

Jess, I love your avvie! I was searching for a new Christian one this morning, but didn't see any that caught my fancy yet.

Haha, thanks!

It's actually a shirt! I just saved the little display thingy.

You might like these:

fitforakinglogo01b.jpg

takemyhand.jpg

BIBLE.jpg

I might be able to hook you up...I'll let you know.:wink2:

oh that would be so lovely!:wub2:my mom said she only remembered seeing them in Rome, but if you know of a place....:bleh:

my parent's do the same! we used to go every single week when i was involved with the music ministry, but the director got married and moved and the new one hasn't gotten in contact with us in the past year:thumbdown:

I like the idea of a new thread with a modified title. No offense to JoPerrin, but I agree that a new thread could be more welcoming for some.

I'll pray about it.:wink2:

No... About the closest I've had to what you had was the feeling of calm during the Vigil and the Mass for WYD... I don't know how, or why, but I felt very calm, and I felt like Jesus was there with me. I took it as the perfect time to pray for guidance...

My parent rarely go... they're C and E people :naughty:

And I agree with changing the title... If we come up with a title we can always ask a mod to change it rather than creating a new thread... Either way it doesn't bother me...

Finkster, I forgot to reply to your message about the book Captivating by John & Stasti Eldredge.

I was given that book for my birthday this year, and wow does it have some powerful things in it. It really moved me and opened my eyes. I struggle with many things that book speaks of and it really challenges me to think differently about myself.

I too recommend it to all (you beautiful!) women of God. :thumb_yello:

Hi tauruslady! Please feel free to come back and chat any time.

I agree, I think we should definitely pray on it. Who knows, the Lord may put some similar new ideas on our hearts. I'll be praying on this one, for sure.

Oh, and I never knew your name is Liz! Mine is actually Amanda...but you can call me Mandi if you like!

Amanda... :D thanks.

fitforakinglogo01b.jpg

I LOVE this.

BTW, I am lovin' your avatars. :punk:

Finkster, I forgot to reply to your message about the book Captivating by John & Stasti Eldredge.

I was given that book for my birthday this year, and wow does it have some powerful things in it. It really moved me and opened my eyes. I struggle with many things that book speaks of and it really challenges me to think differently about myself.

I too recommend it to all (you beautiful!) women of God. :thumb_yello:

I might have to find it... Is it in Christian bookshops or can I get it in a normal bookshop?

Hey people! Never went into this thread before.........I'm Catholic but I have a lot of issues wih quite a few of the Church's teachings - things I believe were not part of Jesus' message but have been manipulated by the men in power. Sorry, this got a bit heavy too fast, lol! I'll post later on today when I have a chance to collect my thoughts.

Just wanted to say hey!

Hey people! Never went into this thread before.........I'm Catholic but I have a lot of issues wih quite a few of the Church's teachings - things I believe were not part of Jesus' message but have been manipulated by the men in power. Sorry, this got a bit heavy too fast, lol! I'll post later on today when I have a chance to collect my thoughts.

Just wanted to say hey!

Welcome to the thread! :thumb_yello:

I might have to find it... Is it in Christian bookshops or can I get it in a normal bookshop?

I think it's probably just Christian stores. Koorong do mail orders :). Here's the direct link to the book: http://orders.koorong.com/search/details.jhtml?code=0785276211

Just wanted to say hey!

Hi neeve272, thanks for posting. Looking forward to your next. :)